Opinions of The Witcher Series on Netflix?

Actually re-watching the first season again and it is remarkable how much I missed watching it the first time- or two years later. Yenn in Nilfgaard- where the council of mages wanted to place her- quite possibly would have prevented the whole invasion of the northern kingdoms. Their order's continued existence depended on careful intervention in every realm that they influenced. All mages knew that a "Novigrad cleansing" could happen otherwise- maybe even had 'seen' it happen. Yenn was the key and didn't even realize her importance (or care). 'Destiny' is a Bitch,. I'll admit. ?

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Destiny' is a Bitch

Could have been, but Yen was rather young at this point and might have succumbed to the same level of  indoctrination as Fringilla ?

Don't forget how hurt and vulnerable she was in her youth, the body modification she went through didn't touch her mind. Gave her an Ego Boost for a short while but things like that don't heal you or change you in this short time. We met her years later where she is already stronger in mind and magic.

Also if Yen where in Nilfgaard at the time of Geralts Djinn encounter, Jaskier would be probably, very, very dead right now. (And maybe Geralt too, we never knew what he would've done with his 2 other wishes and how he could've fucked them up.)

Just let him wish for "set me free from the law of surprises." and Ciri dies because of that. Now i don't now how important she is in the actual books when it comes to the world as a whole, but in the games.. The World is pretty much fucked without her ?‍♂️

Curious thread)

Actually surprised by people genienly enjoying the show. Was pretty sure that ~70% audience rating was, say, manipulated.

To be honest, i watched season 1 right after Chrnobyl, so the contrast was unfavourable. With that said - i had an odd feeling that show was a parody. Like Space Balls to Star Wars.

Its not really a good movie, not by any metric, but it did enjoy it quite a bit just because i dont like Star Wars.

Unfortunately, i kinda liked The Witcher books, so series was a massive disappointment. Even ignoring PC stuff, writing is traumaticly bad(

29 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

That would have been great but I'd settle for just plain dead. Worst character in the show.

It's strange, in some way i understand your dislike for him, on the other i quite enjoyed his goofiness in season 2. ? I think the problem with his character is that he hijacks some scenes who should be serious and turn them into a one man comedy show ? Then again he is the comedic relief, in most shows i've watched that's  always the worst character.

Edited by Gukahn
8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Actually re-watching the first season again and it is remarkable how much I missed watching it the first time- or two years later. Yenn in Nilfgaard- where the council of mages wanted to place her- quite possibly would have prevented the whole invasion of the northern kingdoms. Their order's continued existence depended on careful intervention in every realm that they influenced. All mages knew that a "Novigrad cleansing" could happen otherwise- maybe even had 'seen' it happen. Yenn was the key and didn't even realize her importance (or care). 'Destiny' is a Bitch,. I'll admit. ?

Spoiler

Nah. Emperor Progression wants his daughter to literally rule the entire continent. As soon as her mother died the southern kingdoms were fucked.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, Grey Cloud said:

FFS.

02EO6 opening scene, a few seconds in:

Ciri: "Where are we even going?"

"Fucking downhill, pet".

:P Yup... it was bad. Jaskier cracking a shitty joke at the most inappropriate fucking time pretty much characterized the entire season.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
6 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

:P Yup... it was bad. Jaskier cracking a shitty joke at the most inappropriate fucking time pretty much characterized the entire season.

> Jasiker pissed me off a lot. I hated that guy and I never understood why Geralt always saved his sorry ass. ?

Well just finished Season 2 and while I did enjoy it and will continue to watch it there were two things that really stuck out to me.

1. Where the fuck did all the nudity go? 

Spoiler

Baby killing is a really tiring trope and I hope they knock that shit off. It's a cheap way to up the tension/emotion and it feels really overdone in this series. 

Edited by Rikken
4 hours ago, Rikken said:

1. Where the fuck did all the nudity go? 

Netflix. ?‍♂️ It's where they are going do not offend anyone anymore.. World of full of sissys who cry about the most ordinary things.. but the movie who shall not be named was ok for them do show.. Idiots.

4 hours ago, Rikken said:

Spoiler

Be more frustrated when you see what we could have got with the Elves.. Scoia'tael should be pure nightmare fuel for humans, instead we got tree hugging psychopaths

16 hours ago, Gukahn said:

Netflix. ?‍♂️ It's where they are going do not offend anyone anymore.. World of full of sissys who cry about the most ordinary things.. but the movie who shall not be named was ok for them do show.. Idiots.

Reveal hidden contents

Be more frustrated when you see what we could have got with the Elves.. Scoia'tael should be pure nightmare fuel for humans, instead we got tree hugging psychopaths

Well it's odd seeing how season 1 had so much that they just cranked it way back. Oh well.

As for the Scoia'tael that would have been sweet but hopefully we'll get to that. No adaptation (except for Lord of the Rings :P) is going to be perfect, I still feel they're doing more things right than wrong.

I have a friend that says that season 1 should belong to a show called The Yennefer. 

While season 2 belongs to The Ciri. 

She only watches it for Cavill (of course), but before she saw season 2 I had already told her it all sounds to me like they were setting up things so both those girls will have a final confrontation between them while The Witcher gets sidelined. 

I don't even have to watch it and she already told me it seems I was right. 

Of course I don't care about that weird story about two power fantasy females. 

I have never played the games, but I suppose that's what I'll do. 

Edited by Papitas

Alright show. Season 2 is a little more coherent than the first, but ... that whole demon/witchmonster thing takign away Yen's powers etc...

Well...at least they showed the damn Wild Hunt. But the whole season felt a little filler-like. Except Ciri getting her training, and finally getting together with Yen, so we can have her unfullfilled mother-thing happen now.

But the casting is good. Love Yen, Ciri, Cavill is obviously a great choice. Vesimir is cool, Lambert way more memorable than in the gamesm hope he gets more time in season three.

However this show hopefully does not make the mistake on lingering too long on stuff like the "mainplot" of season 2 ... way too soon we get cavill wanting out, or Netflix just cancelling the show for whatever reasons...and nothing is resolved...

Jowever - if they play the cards right and focus, show could easily be better than the books. LEts face it - they really got worse quickly...

And to the above poster: It was always to become The Ciri Show. Its like that in the books too, where (for my taste) also too much time is dedicated to Ciri and her weird solo adventures...

34 minutes ago, jxm said:

Vesimir is cool, Lambert way more memorable than in the games

Vesimir actor was a good choice. Lambert is snark and 'tude, but you learn to like him. Eskel gets killed before we even know (or care) who he is? Fuck that. They can try and explain that all they want, but it's just sloppy writing where the viewer is like "Oh damn! They lost another Witcher dude and they can't make more!". :smirk:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
  • 2 years later...

The Witcher series on Netflix! It's packed with action, magic, and intriguing characters. The storytelling is captivating, and Henry Cavill's portrayal of Geralt is spot-on. It's great to see such a rich fantasy world brought to life on screen. 
By the way, have you ever looked into prince harry net worth and how it is connected to netflix? It's quite fascinating to learn about the financial side of public figures, especially someone with royal connections. His net worth reflects not only his royal status but also his personal ventures and philanthropic efforts. Anyway, hope you enjoy The Witcher as much as I did! It's definitely worth the watch.

Edited by abdulloh21