I'm pretty sure i've read every note, holotape and terminal up to this point, but i'll happily backtrack and look again.

EDIT: Yup, i did everything in that walk-through with the difference being i picked up everything that wasn't nailed down.  Still ctd.

On a whim, i used the console and typed: getstage _ivy's_mind which said i was on stage 70, so i typed: setstage _ivys_mind 80.  As soon as i hit enter on that, instant ctd.

So, after reloading at that terminal (which is now my nemesis :P ), i once again used the console and tried to spawn the npc that spawned in the video and again, ctd.

EDIT 2:  I also extracted her archives into loose files to see if there was anything overwriting her files and the only thing was a file in the RealSex mod.  I disabled that mod, and had the same ctd.

EDIT 3:   Doing things the loooong way of disabling my mods and enabling them a few at a time until i can pin down the conflict.  Was really hoping to avoid doing this though. :/ 

5 hours ago, astor said:

I'm pretty sure i've read every note, holotape and terminal up to this point, but i'll happily backtrack and look again.

EDIT: Yup, i did everything in that walk-through with the difference being i picked up everything that wasn't nailed down.  Still ctd.

On a whim, i used the console and typed: getstage _ivy's_mind which said i was on stage 70, so i typed: setstage _ivys_mind 80.  As soon as i hit enter on that, instant ctd.

So, after reloading at that terminal (which is now my nemesis :P ), i once again used the console and tried to spawn the npc that spawned in the video and again, ctd.

EDIT 2:  I also extracted her archives into loose files to see if there was anything overwriting her files and the only thing was a file in the RealSex mod.  I disabled that mod, and had the same ctd.

EDIT 3:   Doing things the loooong way of disabling my mods and enabling them a few at a time until i can pin down the conflict.  Was really hoping to avoid doing this though. :/ 

The AI uses a basic NPC body and an institute suit. One of those white ones, perhaps that helps.

Okay... I think i found the problem.  Your post about the institute suit was correct.  Fusion Girl's vanilla replacer appears to disagree with this mod.  In MO2, i set all the institute meshes and bodyslide files to "hidden" and can now use the terminal.  I feel that this is more of a band-aid on a broken leg type of fix, but after 7+ hours of trial and error, i can -for now- proceed with Ivy's quest.  Hopefully, i won't encounter anymore issues.

6 hours ago, astor said:

Okay... I think i found the problem.  Your post about the institute suit was correct.  Fusion Girl's vanilla replacer appears to disagree with this mod.  In MO2, i set all the institute meshes and bodyslide files to "hidden" and can now use the terminal.  I feel that this is more of a band-aid on a broken leg type of fix, but after 7+ hours of trial and error, i can -for now- proceed with Ivy's quest.  Hopefully, i won't encounter anymore issues.

Uhmm.. so a mod conflict then, that had to do with clothing replacements.. what a surprise.

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Uhmm.. so a mod conflict then, that had to do with clothing replacements.. what a surprise.

That's actually a first for me.  I've been playing around with mods since Oblivion was new and have never encountered this before.  

1 hour ago, astor said:

That's actually a first for me.  I've been playing around with mods since Oblivion was new and have never encountered this before.  

Okay i have been watching a lot of posts here and i never really say any thing but now i am  why is it that it seems a lot of users of ivy seem to blame her mod for things that they cause then find out it is the mod users own fault i have been using ivy since she first came out and even i have had some problems with other mods i was using that caused the problems but work it out in time a lot of you  blame the ivy mod think your selves  lucky Reginald  spends so much time working on ivy and she is free for us to use  and stop sounding so ungrateful for all his hard  work  and this is not directed at anyone in any way but like i said show some gratitude  to him for all the hours he has spent on her and stop sounding like you do  and Thank You  Reginald for ivy and you hard work on her and Astor this is in no way pointed at you just to be clear

21 minutes ago, steve6419 said:

Okay i have been watching a lot of posts here and i never really say any thing but now i am  why is it that it seems a lot of users of ivy seem to blame her mod for things that they cause then find out it is the mod users own fault i have been using ivy since she first came out and even i have had some problems with other mods i was using that caused the problems but work it out in time a lot of you  blame the ivy mod think your selves  lucky Reginald  spends so much time working on ivy and she is free for us to use  and stop sounding so ungrateful for all his hard  work  and this is not directed at anyone in any way but like i said show some gratitude  to him for all the hours he has spent on her and stop sounding like you do  and Thank You  Reginald for ivy and you hard work on her and Astor this is in no way pointed at you just to be clear

Considering i spent 7+ hours trying to troubleshoot my problem instead of just shrugging and uninstalling the mod (as i have with so many other mods over the years) should in some small way indicate the value this mod has for me.  

26 minutes ago, Bastardiosa said:

I hate to be that guy but waht are the chances of an XDI patch when development of Ivy is close to being finished ?

Or does anyone know of any tutorials where I can learn and try and make one myself ?

And why don't you ask the author of XDI?

From a Discord discussion:

QUESTION:

The memories that get deleted, when you come across certain triggers, do they ever get recovered or are they lost for good?

ANSWER: Good question. Honestly? I don't really know. Ivy is so complex, and the interactions between AI and Deborah's schizophrenic brain are so intricate, that there will always be open ends to her psychology unless I'd program her entire life cycle.

Spoiler

She explains to you that Into The Deep was only the beginning of her journey. "It will take me years to wade through it all", she says after her AI blocker was disabled.

But that AI blocker only had one function: Wipe and reset Ivy's complete personality to the point where she had just entered the root cellar. (Read it again, it's a distinct and important detail). So now that her personality will not be reset, she can finally start 'growing' as a person.. but other AI functions are still very much in tact. Teleport, Memory Archives, the entire interface of Deb's brain with the body. All of that must remain in tact, otherwise her biological components would die. Deborah cannot live without the AI and the AI cannot live without Deborah. Together they are Ivy.

This means that certain traumatic events might still be blocked, certain memories still unavailable to her. For instance, the AI carefully removes all distinct memories of Kellog's voice and the way he looked from Ivy's mind, so that when she encounters him in Fort Hagen she doesn't realize that he's her father at all. To her he's just another annoying guy on an intercom. She knows she had a father, but cannot link Kellog's face and voice to the vague memories and knowledge that she does have of him. Even when the player finds notes and lore about Kellog's past, Ivy reads it, but the AI filters out anything that could lead to a complete (systemic) emotional failure (e.g. the brain dies from stress/bad chemicals released due to stress).

The player managed to do several things with entering Ivy's mind:

- Get the A.I. to stop resetting her entire personality once a traumatic experience happens.

- Get the A.I. to back off and be less aggressive in it's approach to managing Deb's mind.

- Get a direct line of communication with some of Deborah's alternate personalities in order to help Ivy better understand herself and her origins. This is done when the player unlocks memories, which allows for these personalities to manifest themselves.

Not having much luck with NAC settings. I think it actually looks better without ENB

ScreenShot2901.png.2435d45b28c11ca9bac8ebe04b5cf51d.png

But oddly enough, performance is better with it.

ScreenShot3002.png.ac664824371202f98b310617aefc1919.png

Anyone have any suggestions for their favorite performance based ENB?