10 hours ago, Frobits said:

Does that mean much like AFT, Liga needs a "no-go"?  I started using it recently after it was recommended by a user here, but if it's going to cause problems that we don't even know about then an official word sure would be nice so folk can start the "No!  Don't use Liga with Ivy!" responses.

It depends on what you want. If you want the full Ivy 'experience' than it could be an issue.

If you don't mind that she doesn't interact in quests and here and there you might run into bugs and issues then it should be fine.

16 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yup, exactly this. :)

Liga also overwrites the followerscript.psc file, this means it 'hacks' itself into the follower script to allow for multiple companions and/or extra features. The problem with that is that custom followers might depend on functions within those scripts that might not be there if the followerscript is overwritten, or if those functions behave differently.

For instance, for some parts of Ivy's affinity quest, she will be automatically dismissed, this happens by calling the dismiss() function from within the followerscript.

If that dismiss() function has been rewritten to work for multiple followers then it might not work and one of Ivy's quests could cease to function (e.g. get stuck).

Script status is saved into the savegame, so once a mod has been active, it should never be uninstalled from that save game, if you want to keep that save game stable. ;)

Thanks for the explanations!

11 hours ago, Frobits said:

Does that mean much like AFT, Liga needs a "no-go"?  I started using it recently after it was recommended by a user here, but if it's going to cause problems that we don't even know about then an official word sure would be nice so folk can start the "No!  Don't use Liga with Ivy!" responses.

The documentation states to use no multiple followers framework with more emphasis (as well as explaining deeper the purpose of the mod and why choose Ivy over multi-followers). Reproducing it (abridged) in the description would do the trick (having myself initially missed that blog, I genuinely believed that AFT was the only multi-followers framework incompatible, or at least others had no significant impact).

@Reginald_001, is there any plan/chance for a W.I.V.S. Radio standalone mod (either having the radio available on the Pip-Boy and/or craftable radios in settlements, without the tracks/lines that would be off-place without Ivy)? I looked for on LL and Discord but I haven't any if there is (alternatively, I would gladly give in modding myself -I've currently close to no modding skills myself currently and I don't know what level of complexity lies in said idea, but one must start to learn at some point- if that's okay with you).

So I like this mod, but I am going to have to stop using it due to the companion being too overpowered. I don't understand why we can't have a add on mod to lower her OP by around 50%. I am really not having a fun time in fights because she is killing everything way too easily. I don't understand why making her so overpowered is so important to the other aspects of the mod. An optional file to just make Ivy reasonable would be much appreciated. I'd like to continue to play through with Ivy but its ruining combat. 

3 hours ago, toddy101 said:

So I like this mod, but I am going to have to stop using it due to the companion being too overpowered. I don't understand why we can't have a add on mod to lower her OP by around 50%. I am really not having a fun time in fights because she is killing everything way too easily. I don't understand why making her so overpowered is so important to the other aspects of the mod. An optional file to just make Ivy reasonable would be much appreciated. I'd like to continue to play through with Ivy but its ruining combat. 

You can use her holotape to tweak her combat more to your liking

17 hours ago, toddy101 said:

You can adjust her battle settings with Her tape

12 hours ago, justkaka said:

what's about Unlimited Companion Framework .

does anyone have any comment?

Doesn't work, tried it as I had it working with Ivy 4.0, and I enjoyed having a small militia following me everywhere, but:

It gives you an error saying that another mod overwrites FollowerScript, and that it could be fixed by removing the script and placing EFF.esp later in your load order, but this does not work without breaking Ivy.

2021-03-06.png

So, even though I don't have the Commonwealth equivalent of the A-Team rolling around Boston with me, Ivy more than makes up for it.

The problem with multi follower mods in general, is they all seem to alter a particular vanilla game script written into the game's follower framework. It was explained in more detail by @Reginald_001.

Problem with theses scripts, is that they become embedded into your save. And they alter the Vanilla game's framework permanently. And this does affect all followers. I uninstalled AFT after I saw there were problems with Ivy. Then when it came time to invade the Mechanist's Lair, I discovered I couldn't dismiss my followers and pick up Ada.

I wouldn't recommend any mods that alter the vanilla game like that. With or without Ivy.

But a few suggestions.....

1. On his Discord is Reg's Awesome Multi-Follower Mod. It gives you an extra follower slot. 

2. Man's Best Friend.

3. Heather Casdin

4. Reg's Extended Lore Project gives you Darryl.

You'll be running through Boston with your own militia.

1. Your PC

2. Ivy

3. Heather

4. Any other follower set up for the game's framework

5. Dogmeat

6. Darryl

I have no idea if Darlene and/or  uses the vanilla framework.

14 hours ago, bishlapped said:

The problem with multi follower mods in general, is they all seem to alter a particular vanilla game script written into the game's follower framework. It was explained in more detail by @Reginald_001.

Problem with theses scripts, is that they become embedded into your save. And they alter the Vanilla game's framework permanently. And this does affect all followers. I uninstalled AFT after I saw there were problems with Ivy. Then when it came time to invade the Mechanist's Lair, I discovered I couldn't dismiss my followers and pick up Ada.

I wouldn't recommend any mods that alter the vanilla game like that. With or without Ivy.

1. On his Discord is Reg's Awesome Multi-Follower Mod. It gives you an extra follower slot. 

2. Man's Best Friend.

3. Heather Casdin

1. Your PC

2. Ivy

3. Heather

5. Dogmeat

6. Darryl

thank suggestions.  look like "just business" is multi follower mod too, where is "Reg's Awesome Multi-Follower Mod"  ?

On 3/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, Dragonjoe69 said:

Hi all, I am putting together a list of mods I need to remove from my load order to prepare for the release of 6.0, and was curious if settler and companion dialogue overhaul by  project valkyrie is compatible, apologies if this has been answered already, I skimmed back several pages in the forum and didn't see a mention

After 4 days of testing with Ivy v5.3 there are no apparent issues, but I would recommend someone with more experience with Ivy double check this 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:23 AM, bishlapped said:

2. Man's Best Friend.

3. Heather Casdin

1. Your PC

2. Ivy

3. Heather

5. Dogmeat

6. Darryl

Where can I find Man's Best Friend ? I googled it, and all I found was some links to some forums and the mod Everyone's Best Friend, if this is the mod you meant to reference in your post, there may be an issue with compatibility here also, while looking into the mod for compatibility with Ivy I discovered that the mod also directly modifies the vanilla follower pex along with all the incompatible multi follower mods, I have been testing EBF along with the dialogue mentioned in the original post for the past 4 days and have not noted any issues,  Ivy's dialogue and ai seem normal,  she is issuing the quests normally, and the UI is complete per the diagram posted in this forum. If EBF has been tested already and I missed the post, could you share the results?

New here.
I think I got my mod ducks in a row again after testing out another mod, everything's back at the beginning again so thought I'd try out Ivy...

Photo113.png.302debb7f04032f9b0bbae7ea3a45001.png

Note to self, using Start Me Up to begin the game in Sanctuary's Root Cellar will literally drop you right in front of Ivy, might have to find another safe start spot so I can set up my gal properly before beginning the game...

Good to know she works, but looks like I can't have Dustworth Eyebot Companion since the Root Cellar is also his spawn spot...was testing out the Angeli Outfit and Armor and this place is getting crowded, had to remove that mod as well...

Alien Elvis shouldn't be a problem, presuming he's a safe follower since he's commanded by holotape and can be used with multiple companions without other mods, he also goes back to the Third Rail instead of being assigned to a settlement...

Hrm, Just Business might cause multiple companion problems like Awesome Follower Tweaks?  I needed JB in order to get the Raider Reform School running along with almost 40 other mods like Violate and Human Resources and Family Planning...and maybe a few others that use multiple companions...guess for now I can just remove AFT and worry about possible hurdles later when I get to those parts of the story.

In the meantime will have some fun with new gal Ivy...she's that small?  I've always thought my gal was too tall and liked reducing her size to 80%.

3 hours ago, Dragonjoe69 said:

After 4 days of testing with Ivy v5.3 there are no apparent issues, but I would recommend someone with more experience with Ivy double check this 

Where can I find Man's Best Friend ? I googled it, and all I found was some links to some forums and the mod Everyone's Best Friend, if this is the mod you meant to reference in your post, there may be an issue with compatibility here also, while looking into the mod for compatibility with Ivy I discovered that the mod also directly modifies the vanilla follower pex along with all the incompatible multi follower mods, I have been testing EBF along with the dialogue mentioned in the original post for the past 4 days and have not noted any issues,  Ivy's dialogue and ai seem normal,  she is issuing the quests normally, and the UI is complete per the diagram posted in this forum. If EBF has been tested already and I missed the post, could you share the results?

IT's actually called Everyone's best friend. Not Man's....I mis pronounced that. It's on Nexus.

2 hours ago, Punsaurus said:

New here.
I think I got my mod ducks in a row again after testing out another mod, everything's back at the beginning again so thought I'd try out Ivy...

Photo113.png.302debb7f04032f9b0bbae7ea3a45001.png

Note to self, using Start Me Up to begin the game in Sanctuary's Root Cellar will literally drop you right in front of Ivy, might have to find another safe start spot so I can set up my gal properly before beginning the game...

Good to know she works, but looks like I can't have Dustworth Eyebot Companion since the Root Cellar is also his spawn spot...was testing out the Angeli Outfit and Armor and this place is getting crowded, had to remove that mod as well...

Alien Elvis shouldn't be a problem, presuming he's a safe follower since he's commanded by holotape and can be used with multiple companions without other mods, he also goes back to the Third Rail instead of being assigned to a settlement...

Hrm, Just Business might cause multiple companion problems like Awesome Follower Tweaks?  I needed JB in order to get the Raider Reform School running along with almost 40 other mods like Violate and Human Resources and Family Planning...and maybe a few others that use multiple companions...guess for now I can just remove AFT and worry about possible hurdles later when I get to those parts of the story.

In the meantime will have some fun with new gal Ivy...she's that small?  I've always thought my gal was too tall and liked reducing her size to 80%.

Be careful with Start Me Up. Though, I am not aware of any issues with Ivy, that mod does some funky things to the main quest and dialogue.

My experience with it locked up the Nuclear Family quest and prevented the ending cinematic from playing and locked me in the room with Shaun. As well as the fact that it tries to remove all references to Shaun being your son. (Depending on the option you choose at the begining)

18 hours ago, bishlapped said:

Be careful with Start Me Up. Though, I am not aware of any issues with Ivy, that mod does some funky things to the main quest and dialogue.

My experience with it locked up the Nuclear Family quest and prevented the ending cinematic from playing and locked me in the room with Shaun. As well as the fact that it tries to remove all references to Shaun being your son. (Depending on the option you choose at the begining)

Start Me Up is a bit of a pita, but it really depends on what path you choose. If your character choices stay close to the game's original story, it won't give you too many issues, but when you start changing your background and whatnot, you start running into the possibility of issues with the MSQ and dialogue. Not really a mod I like using myself, but others enjoy it, and it's not game breaking enough most of the time to make it necessary to avoid. Which is a shame, cause I do actually like the trait system included in it. Kinda wish that could have been separated into a standalone mod.

1 hour ago, asebw said:

Start Me Up is a bit of a pita, but it really depends on what path you choose. If your character choices stay close to the game's original story, it won't give you too many issues, but when you start changing your background and whatnot, you start running into the possibility of issues with the MSQ and dialogue. Not really a mod I like using myself, but others enjoy it, and it's not game breaking enough most of the time to make it necessary to avoid. Which is a shame, cause I do actually like the trait system included in it. Kinda wish that could have been separated into a standalone mod.

I didn't really go digging into it. I obviously chose the wrong startup option with it.

But for me, Once the time needed to troubleshoot the startup tutorial exceeded the tutorial itself, the mod lost all benefit to me.

But knowing that the MSQ was broken, obviously to try to satisfy the condition that Shaun is not your son, given that option. (not explained very well in the mod itself), I am wary of the other options as well. I have had terrible luck when it comes to scripted mods and how they can forever break a save.

19 hours ago, bishlapped said:

Start Me Up does its best trying to make F4's story more unique but there are still many parts where the original story peeks through the cracks, for example when meeting Codsworth for the first time he'll still act like you're Nate or Nora, even more so if you pass the speech check.  Another is Story of the Century which originally focused on the 'Where's my kid' getting out into the public.  Still, after playing F4 for years as the annoying parent saying 'Where's my kid' in every other conversation it was good having a mod that tried to allow you to play as somebody else besides one part of a pair of concerned parents.  (Don't get be started on how F4's intro keeps screaming 'Pick the guy'.) 

Photo115.png.6ecbaa4e5bcbce0c7f57be37199fe3cd.png

My most recent playthrough is an even bigger departure from Vanilla Nora, this story has my gal being an escaped slave who got tattoo-graphittied by her raider captors before escaping, now having to look for Vault 111 and acquire a pipboy that should unlock her Slave Collar before one of her former captors finds her and has the Collar blow her head off.  Can still start safely outside Vault 111 and go to the root cellar for Ivy.

Photo116.png.7c0e3160bc9b2b3a1dcdd44e88847766.png

Oops, guessing sometimes this happens even when you follow the vanilla story path.  So far Ivy's seems fun but I tend to prefer doing all the lockpicking and hacking so haven't had her try out the locks or computers yet.  Wonder what other outfit could look appropriate on her...

Photo118.png.a323e0485347880bbafb3820362e321a.png

,,,I'm still such a 2b geek.

51 minutes ago, Drapo said:

Ok so dumb question..but what mod would you recommend to be able to use dogmeat as well? Just to be able to get through the whole concord  bs

Everyone's Best Friend

1 hour ago, bishlapped said:

Everyone's Best Friend

Yeah i ended up getting that. I just started using Ivy and i used to use AFT. wasent sure if there was another mod that was better that works well with Heather and the Thuggy companions since AFT is a no go now

On 3/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, Punsaurus said:

Start Me Up does its best trying to make F4's story more unique but there are still many parts where the original story peeks through the cracks, for example when meeting Codsworth for the first time he'll still act like you're Nate or Nora, even more so if you pass the speech check.  Another is Story of the Century which originally focused on the 'Where's my kid' getting out into the public.  Still, after playing F4 for years as the annoying parent saying 'Where's my kid' in every other conversation it was good having a mod that tried to allow you to play as somebody else besides one part of a pair of concerned parents.  (Don't get be started on how F4's intro keeps screaming 'Pick the guy'.) 

Photo115.png.6ecbaa4e5bcbce0c7f57be37199fe3cd.png

My most recent playthrough is an even bigger departure from Vanilla Nora, this story has my gal being an escaped slave who got tattoo-graphittied by her raider captors before escaping, now having to look for Vault 111 and acquire a pipboy that should unlock her Slave Collar before one of her former captors finds her and has the Collar blow her head off.  Can still start safely outside Vault 111 and go to the root cellar for Ivy.

Photo116.png.7c0e3160bc9b2b3a1dcdd44e88847766.png

Oops, guessing sometimes this happens even when you follow the vanilla story path.  So far Ivy's seems fun but I tend to prefer doing all the lockpicking and hacking so haven't had her try out the locks or computers yet.  Wonder what other outfit could look appropriate on her...

Photo118.png.a323e0485347880bbafb3820362e321a.png

,,,I'm still such a 2b geek.

The problem isn't that Start Me Up is a bad mod, but rather that it doesn't go far enough in its edits, and that's where you start to run into problems. The mod is basically trying to re-write large parts of the game script, and some of those re-writes are not handled well enough to avoid problems. But the kicker to that is there is not going to be a way to handle some of those exceptions and errors without going in and tweaking the engine itself. I think if a current modder(s) were to go back to the project, they might be able to get it running a lot smoother, but, eh, dunno. For what it does, it doesn't feel like it's worth the effort, but I tend to focus more on the world and adding more stories to it, than the main story itself. Easier to add more horses to the coral, than to try and resurrect a dead one. 

wondering will there be a patch so she will work properly with extended dialogue interface. as i have just added here again to a new build with xdi running and again lose all the correct dialogue options when interacting

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216?

i see the red warning message at the start of the page. i didnt know what xdi was until i actually had the conflict

i now know

DO NOT RUN IVY WITH EITHER XDI OR AFT
DO NOT POST 'BUT I DID IT AND IT WORKS FINE FOR ME' CAUSE IT DOESN'T.