2 hours ago, yidus1 said:

I knew Reg on Nexus and remembered he was on here so came and checked as he had said he was on a companion mod that could not be on there so came to look as I knew she would be high standard and never looked back.

If by "high standard" you mean "Best NPC ever created" Yeah, I guess that applies.

Crazy

Really, the amount of work this has take to give us a crazy companion with a wonderful story.

The little things like teleporting away to pee and scarring little poor Marcy , and other millions of interactions with npc's is Amazing.

And now i read that versions 6 is coming with a lovely voice and multi companion.

so i can take I'm Darlene and Ivy with me. so if Darlene is asking about the sex robots i can present her one :)

So THANK YOU for you hard work 

6 hours ago, Selerna said:

Crazy

Really, the amount of work this has take to give us a crazy companion with a wonderful story.

The little things like teleporting away to pee and scarring little poor Marcy , and other millions of interactions with npc's is Amazing.

And now i read that versions 6 is coming with a lovely voice and multi companion.

so i can take I'm Darlene and Ivy with me. so if Darlene is asking about the sex robots i can present her one :)

Thank you for letting me know you like it! And enjoy, there's much more to come this summer! :) 

On 2/28/2021 at 8:28 AM, Selerna said:

Crazy

This is exactly what I'm waiting for!  I can't say enough about Ivy... she just has so much depth to her but... Darlene is also fantastic and the two of them just seem like they would fit together perfectly!  Aside from Skyblivion (maybe), I can honestly say I've never felt this degree of anticipation for a mod.

I have to say I was kind of doubtful about the whole new voice actress thing, I was used to ( and only ever had Ivy as a companion ) using the robotic type female voice; which it seems to me suited her because of her being more construct than human.  However I watched the Ivy goes to Nuka World trailer and I have to say Kitten Vox's Voice is amazing and the way she delivered the lines with intonation and feeling, I am more stoked than ever for the new Ivy 6.0.  Kitten Vox's voice is really nice as well, just what I think I would have imagined Ivy's voice would sound like if it was a real voice.  So keep up the good work on this amazing mod Reginald, it is much appreciated and I know that however long it takes, it will be more than worth the wait.  Also a big welcome to Kitten Vox, I am glad you are part of this mod as well.  

I was surprised how much of Ivy's personality is associated with the specific voice actress.

Kitten Vox is fantastic - but it will be like a whole new experience and a whole new companion.

I for one am looking forward to it. I do wish we had some closure on Chic Geek though.

7 hours ago, Rebel396 said:

I have to say I was kind of doubtful about the whole new voice actress thing, I was used to ( and only ever had Ivy as a companion ) using the robotic type female voice; which it seems to me suited her because of her being more construct than human.  However I watched the Ivy goes to Nuka World trailer and I have to say Kitten Vox's Voice is amazing and the way she delivered the lines with intonation and feeling, I am more stoked than ever for the new Ivy 6.0.  Kitten Vox's voice is really nice as well, just what I think I would have imagined Ivy's voice would sound like if it was a real voice.  So keep up the good work on this amazing mod Reginald, it is much appreciated and I know that however long it takes, it will be more than worth the wait.  Also a big welcome to Kitten Vox, I am glad you are part of this mod as well.  

I completely agree with you.The robot's voice accurately conveys Ivy's character.The only thing he lacked was intonation,humanity.After all, Ivy is full of emotions,humor and very subtle and precise remarks.And now (finally),God Reg heard us and found an actress who immediately understood the whole essence of Ivy and, I think, embodied what the author put in Ivy.

P. S. I tried not to publicly express my emotions about the voice acting..But what she did is beyond praise!

Great work! So far I've only scratched the surface but there's obvious high quality in this mod.

But here"s the "catch" : I installed both AFT and XDI.

Mind you, I'm not a moron that ignore to read the description page and its warnings (and I haven't missed kchurchjr's signature), nor the kind to try my luck anyway (at least not on such explicit warnings and not on FO4). No, I'm the type of moron with little memory. After installing Ivy and my load order, I made a few adjustment by adding AFT and XDI, and returned to Ivy page only later after having interacted with Ivy in-game (I had even noted it on my physical notebook and kept in mind a few times not to install them, until I did install it).

So far, noting dramatic happens (Edit: to avoid confusion, and quoting Reginald and others: despite little apparent active problems (on my save), the save is broken, dialogue options not showing up and interactions not triggering)  (little things, fluidity, odd reactions out-of-dialogue, dialogue seemingly prompting incorrectly) seems slightly off (which could be how the mod works but I ain't used to it (like involuntarily triggering stuff that works correctly), related to the incompatibility, or to another problem in my load order (the annoyances are not exclusive to Ivy). I haven't attempted verifying, compiling and reproducing those as by the time I found and interacted Ivy, my brain awoke (I must have got used to Loot pointing out a lot of incompatibilities on SSE) and I remembered the incompatibility, and

I'm not looking for help for troubleshooting something that is explicitly incompatible. I'll simply test a few other stuff (Edit: on other mods), [before starting] a new game (a little more tailoring won't hurt, though the Concord Minutemen bit is starting to feel tiring).

I'm definitively reconsidering using AFT and XDI (instead of putting Ivy mod aside for the next play-through) after finally finding this post:

But I have a single double question: What alternatives for AFT and/or XDI (mod or combination of mods for both) would you advice using that do not conflict with Ivy (or any custom followers for that matter. I can give up custom companions for a play-through, but despite their quality, it's not a priority to me)

Thanks in any case!

Someone had posted that same problem a few pages back. I believe it turned out to be a memory issue either related to textures, or too many plugins in the LO.

Ivy 5.3 uses the base vanilla body. She does not have her own meshes. There is a body mesh in the mod, but she does not actually use it. 

1 hour ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Great work! So far I've only scratched the surface but there's obvious high quality in this mod.

Mind you, I'm not a moron that ignore to read the description page and its warnings (and I haven't missed kchurchjr's signature), nor the kind to try my luck anyway (at least not on such explicit warnings and not on FO4). No, I'm the type of moron with little memory. After installing Ivy and my load order, I made a few adjustment by adding AFT and XDI, and returned to Ivy page only later after having interacted with Ivy in-game (I had even noted it on my physical notebook and kept in mind a few times not to install them, until I did install it).

So far, noting dramatic happens (little things, fluidity, odd reactions out-of-dialogue, dialogue seemingly prompting incorrectly) seems slightly off (which could be how the mod works but I ain't used to it (like involuntarily triggering stuff that works correctly), related to the incompatibility, or to another problem in my load order (the annoyances are not exclusive to Ivy). I haven't attempted verifying, compiling and reproducing those as by the time I found and interacted Ivy, my brain awoke (I must have got used to Loot pointing out a lot of incompatibilities on SSE) and I remembered the incompatibility, and I'm not looking for help for troubleshooting something that is explicitly incompatible. I'll simply test a few other stuff, and start a new game (a little more tailoring won't hurt, but the Concord Minutemen bit is starting to feel tiring).

I'm definitively reconsidering AFT and XDI (instead of thinking to put Ivy aside for the next play-through) after finally finding this post:

But I have a single double question: What alternatives for AFT and/or XDI (mod or combination of mods for both) would you advice using that do not conflict with Ivy (or any custom followers for that matter. I can give up custom companions for a play-through, but despite their quality, it's not a priority to me)

Thanks in any case!

Just so you know, your Ivy is broken.

With XDI there are dialogue options that are not available to you. It looks like it's fine, but it's not.

With AFT, there are scripts that in it that break scripts in Ivy so she just doesn't do things that she's supposed to.

In both cases, what she doesn't do when she's supposed to, looks like normal behavior, but she's really not functioning as she should be.

It's a "You don't know what you don't know" situation.

3 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

You know what? I'm gonna say this one... more.. time..

You will MISS hundreds if not over 2000 lines of dialogue (and a lot of interactions) with AFT installed. Even if it WAS installed and has been uninstalled, once it was in that game.. that savegame is corrupt.

XDI has patches available, but is KNOWN to break script fragments.

Ivy BREAKS because AFT overwrites ORIGINAL GAME SCRIPTS (that nobody in their right mind would even contemplate on changing).

AFT currently has 98 outstanding NOT LOOKED AT bugs.

The end result being that lots of Ivy's interactions WILL NOT ENGAGE.

Please do NOT give users the idea that 'AFT & XDI' works fine.

If it didn't then we wouldn't have had hundreds of support requests and bugs, all refined down to AFT being the cause.

3 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Thanks in any case!

Reginald posted right before me, just while I was composing my message. Sorry.

From the official Documentation And Technical Support by Reginald_001 himself:
"XDI is known to not work well with 'shared dialogue' it turns out that FDI is a pretty cool replacement that works well with Ivy."

Installing FDI, however, is a pita. In the end, I created all the STRING files from scratch myself. Also, I prefer the XDI interface and feats like marking questions, though haven't looked yet if the SWF file can be used/converted.

Regarding followers, Reginald offers an own mod, however still in development. Join his Discord to get version 0.2alpha.

Personally, I'm using Liga of my companions, but can't tell anything about incompatibilities. I don't see any – which does not mean, there aren't any. I use only it's tactical and group command features (and no teddy bears), and directly control Ivy with her own holotapes. Also I've changed some of the mod's default settings, such as turning on infinite ammo again.

@bishlapped, yes I'm aware of that (indeed forgot to mention what wasn't presumably present).

At first I intended to try and play the save anyway, but by the time I found kchurchjr's message presenting the incompatibilities I posted the link for and ended my message, I was resolute to restart without Ivy or AFT+XDI.

My main concern is to know if anyone would have any advice regarding alternatives to AFT (and XDI in a lesser manner) compatible with Ivy.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

You know what? I'm gonna say this one... more.. time..

You will MISS hundreds if not over 2000 lines of dialogue (and a lot of interactions) with AFT installed. Even if it WAS installed and has been uninstalled, once it was in that game.. that savegame is corrupt.

XDI has patches available, but is KNOWN to break script fragments.

Ivy BREAKS because AFT overwrites ORIGINAL GAME SCRIPTS (that nobody in their right mind would even contemplate on changing).

AFT currently has 98 outstanding NOT LOOKED AT bugs.

The end result being that lots of Ivy's interactions WILL NOT ENGAGE.

Please do NOT give users the idea that 'AFT & XDI' works fine.

If it didn't then we wouldn't have had hundreds of support requests and bugs, all refined down to AFT being the cause.

Sorry Reginald, I wrote my message in detail to avoid this reaction (should have gone directly to the point of the point instead). I didn't stated it worked, but that nothing dramatic (game-breaking) had happened on a short period of use, and there is no intention for me to promote something, and I explicitly stated I was not looking for troubleshooting (that's why I just alluded to them) and intended to create a new save (I may have been too evasive on the "test a few stuff", not talking about Ivy but other mods). Again, the post was about finding a viable alternative with similar functionalities. I'll go add a note/edit to dismiss possible doubt about this very point, sorry again.

1 hour ago, compleCCity said:

Reginald posted right before me, just while I was composing my message. Sorry.

From the official Documentation And Technical Support by Reginald_001 himself:
"XDI is known to not work well with 'shared dialogue' it turns out that FDI is a pretty cool replacement that works well with Ivy."

Installing FDI, however, is a pita. In the end, I created all the STRING files from scratch myself. Also, I prefer the XDI interface and feats like marking questions, though haven't looked yet if the SWF file can be used/converted.

Regarding followers, Reginald offers an own mod, however still in development. Join his Discord to get version 0.2alpha.

Personally, I'm using Liga of my companions, but can't tell anything about incompatibilities. I don't see any – which does not mean, there aren't any. I use only it's tactical and group command features (and no teddy bears), and directly control Ivy with her own holotapes. Also I've changed some of the mod's default settings, such as turning on infinite ammo again.

Thanks for your answer and thanks Reginald for the guides! For some reason, I skipped the link to the Document and Technical Support, I was sure this was a link to the previous version (4.0) page like it is sometimes, sorry.

Used FDI on my previous load order but had switched to XDI due to rather inconsistent display (IIRC).

Just joined the Discord, I'll give a try to both.

1 hour ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

@bishlapped, yes I'm aware of that (indeed forgot to mention what wasn't presumably present).

At first I intended to try and play the save anyway, but by the time I found kchurchjr's message presenting the incompatibilities I posted the link for and ended my message, I was resolute to restart without Ivy or AFT+XDI.

My main concern is to know if anyone would have any advice regarding alternatives to AFT (and XDI in a lesser manner) compatible with Ivy.

Sorry Reginald, I wrote my message in detail to avoid this reaction (should have gone directly to the point of the point instead). I didn't stated it worked, but that nothing dramatic (game-breaking) had happened on a short period of use, and there is no intention for me to promote something, and I explicitly stated I was not looking for troubleshooting (that's why I just alluded to them) and intended to create a new save (I may have been too evasive on the "test a few stuff", not talking about Ivy but other mods). Again, the post was about finding a viable alternative with similar functionalities. I'll go add a note/edit to dismiss possible doubt about this very point, sorry again.

Thanks for your answer and thanks Reginald for the guides! For some reason, I skipped the link to the Document and Technical Support, I was sure this was a link to the previous version (4.0) page like it is sometimes, sorry.

Used FDI on my previous load order but had switched to XDI due to rather inconsistent display (IIRC).

Just joined the Discord, I'll give a try to both.

Right, I understand that you are choosing AFT and XDI with Ivy knowing they are incompatible with Ivy.....though to be honest, I recommend @Reginald_001 's Awesome Follower mod over AFT. AFT is broken beyond Ivy. It really messes with all your followers. But RAF just does one thing. It allows you to have an extra follower slot. It was designed spedifically for things like being required to run Ada and not have to lose Ivy for it. Although, personally, I'd have loved it, if it were possible to have Ivy scan the schematics for the MSAT and replicate it's functionality. Thus, not need Ada at all....Ah well.

As for XDI, I use FDI over XDI. (Full Dialoge Interface).

The responses are because people will read half (or less) of the post and say "Well, the mods worked for him", when really, they didn't.

54 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

Right, I understand that you are choosing AFT and XDI with Ivy knowing they are incompatible with Ivy.....though to be honest, I recommend @Reginald_001 's Awesome Follower mod over AFT. AFT is broken beyond Ivy. It really messes with all your followers. But RAF just does one thing. It allows you to have an extra follower slot. It was designed spedifically for things like being required to run Ada and not have to lose Ivy for it. Although, personally, I'd have loved it, if it were possible to have Ivy scan the schematics for the MSAT and replicate it's functionality. Thus, not need Ada at all....Ah well.

As for XDI, I use FDI over XDI. (Full Dialoge Interface).

The responses are because people will read half (or less) of the post and say "Well, the mods worked for him", when really, they didn't.

Okay, I'm clearly not expressing myself correctly (I'm not from an English-speaking country so it's likely I'm making some. I meant:

• After completing my load order (which included Ivy) having in mind not to install AFT and XDI, I forgot about that incompatibilities and installed AFT, and XDI.
  • I'm now heading to a load order including either Ivy or AFT+XDI (but not both)(AFT, or rather anything else that has the functionalities I'm looking for).

RAF seems too limited for the functionalities I'm looking for so I'll have a try with Liga of my Companions but thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I saw on the thread that is was actually a common issue reported here, that's why I went into the detail of my ordeal (and my moron classification). But I'll admit my choice of words wasn't the best.

19 minutes ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Okay, I'm clearly not expressing myself correctly (I'm not from an English-speaking country so it's likely I'm making some. I meant:

• After completing my load order (which included Ivy) having in mind not to install AFT and XDI, I forgot about that incompatibilities and installed AFT, and XDI.
  • I'm now heading to a load order including either Ivy or AFT+XDI (but not both)(AFT, or rather anything else that has the functionalities I'm looking for).

RAF seems too limited for the functionalities I'm looking for so I'll have a try with Liga of my Companions but thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I saw on the thread that is was actually a common issue reported here, that's why I went into the detail of my ordeal (and my moron classification). But I'll admit my choice of words wasn't the best.

No, You are communicating. I got you.

But I think I am operating under a different assumption.  So, for clarification I'll take a step back. Are you starting a fresh game with a new save? Because when I read you say "heading for a load order", I am thinking you are removing the 2 mods from your LO in your current game save. This probably won't work due to how the scripts attach themselves to the save itself. My suggestion is this. If you are attached to your current save more than you want Ivy, I'd suggest you just go with it the way it is, and don't make the change. But if you are more interested in having a fully functional NX-2C, then I'd suggest removing AFT and XDI and start a clean game from the very start.

I've never used Liga so I can't speak to it.

Hi all, I am putting together a list of mods I need to remove from my load order to prepare for the release of 6.0, and was curious if settler and companion dialogue overhaul by  project valkyrie is compatible, apologies if this has been answered already, I skimmed back several pages in the forum and didn't see a mention

Ah I get it. No, unless on a few cases (mods widely recognized by the author and the community to actually be removable mid-playthrough, mostly textures and some really simple mods), otherwise I don't uninstall mods without starting a new game save. 1 load order = 1 game save in my book, though that's an abusive metonymy, I guess.

My save had not much of importance at this point (through I must admit the Museum of Concord, like Bleakfalls Barrow, haunts my nightmares), I actually create a new one right now (and SimSettlements2's NPC actually speeds part of the repetitively saving of the Minuten).

Got rid of both Ivy (for now) and AFT on my new LO/game save (instead adding Reginald's Extended Lore Project and Liga of companions). I'll try out Ivy later (I'm actually expecting upgrades to my computer that will require reinstalling the game anyway, so that might be soon)

EDIT: Just found out what I already missed despite having experienced that little the mod: W.I.V.S. Radio. It brings much needed diversity and freshness to vanilla and Atomic radios.

3 hours ago, bishlapped said:

No, You are communicating. I got you.

But I think I am operating under a different assumption.  So, for clarification I'll take a step back. Are you starting a fresh game with a new save? Because when I read you say "heading for a load order", I am thinking you are removing the 2 mods from your LO in your current game save. This probably won't work due to how the scripts attach themselves to the save itself. My suggestion is this. If you are attached to your current save more than you want Ivy, I'd suggest you just go with it the way it is, and don't make the change. But if you are more interested in having a fully functional NX-2C, then I'd suggest removing AFT and XDI and start a clean game from the very start.

I've never used Liga so I can't speak to it.

Yup, exactly this. :)

Liga also overwrites the followerscript.psc file, this means it 'hacks' itself into the follower script to allow for multiple companions and/or extra features. The problem with that is that custom followers might depend on functions within those scripts that might not be there if the followerscript is overwritten, or if those functions behave differently.

For instance, for some parts of Ivy's affinity quest, she will be automatically dismissed, this happens by calling the dismiss() function from within the followerscript.

If that dismiss() function has been rewritten to work for multiple followers then it might not work and one of Ivy's quests could cease to function (e.g. get stuck).

Script status is saved into the savegame, so once a mod has been active, it should never be uninstalled from that save game, if you want to keep that save game stable. ;)

25 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Liga also overwrites the followerscript.psc file, this means it 'hacks' itself into the follower script to allow for multiple companions and/or extra features. The problem with that is that custom followers might depend on functions within those scripts that might not be there if the followerscript is overwritten, or if those functions behave differently.

For instance, for some parts of Ivy's affinity quest, she will be automatically dismissed, this happens by calling the dismiss() function from within the followerscript.

If that dismiss() function has been rewritten to work for multiple followers then it might not work and one of Ivy's quests could cease to function (e.g. get stuck).

Script status is saved into the savegame, so once a mod has been active, it should never be uninstalled from that save game, if you want to keep that save game stable. ;)

I did not know that about Liga. 

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Does that mean much like AFT, Liga needs a "no-go"?  I started using it recently after it was recommended by a user here, but if it's going to cause problems that we don't even know about then an official word sure would be nice so folk can start the "No!  Don't use Liga with Ivy!" responses.