8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I needed to update the description because some of the text had fallen away. I think the forum software counted that as file update, not sure!

Is the new update anytime soon? Rumor was towards the end of December, holding off my next play through since I heard it was so close and seeing it recently updated got me excited xd. No rush, love the mod :D

1 hour ago, scytheforlife said:

Is the new update anytime soon? Rumor was towards the end of December, holding off my next play through since I heard it was so close and seeing it recently updated got me excited xd. No rush, love the mod :D

I'm working daily on her, but it will still be a while. Hopefully I can communicate a release date 'soon'.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, blindside044 said:

Good News/Bad News. Found the issue and it was NOT XDI. I was able to redeem the voucher with XDI (after I disabled and tried with no success per your recommendation, so I re-enabled). The incapability is with AAF Prostitution. We can't have it all =P

Odd, I've run Ivy with AAF prostitution, and I have never had that problem. I think the root problem was still XDI, and you just got lucky that disabling prostitution fixed the issue.

I thought XDI was why i was having dialogue issues with Ivy, but new game, no XDI and the issues are still there.    Example:  when first encountering her, she gives the GOAT test, and each of the four possible responses are "Yeah."  That's it.  I thought it was XDI, but it's not.  There are other inconsistencies, imo, but that's the earliest and most glaring.

3 hours ago, astor said:

I thought XDI was why i was having dialogue issues with Ivy, but new game, no XDI and the issues are still there.    Example:  when first encountering her, she gives the GOAT test, and each of the four possible responses are "Yeah."  That's it.  I thought it was XDI, but it's not.  There are other inconsistencies, imo, but that's the earliest and most glaring.

That's because of XDI.

Don't use it with Ivy.

6 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

That's because of XDI.

Don't use it with Ivy.

The post you quoted specifically says that i started a new game without XDI and the issue is still present.  I'm open to the probability that it's a mod conflict on my end, but it's not XDI.  

44 minutes ago, astor said:

The post you quoted specifically says that i started a new game without XDI and the issue is still present.  I'm open to the probability that it's a mod conflict on my end, but it's not XDI.  

if you simply turn off XDI esp, but left the XDI file on. it won't work. you will have the same problem if you use MO2.

5 hours ago, loen999 said:

if you simply turn off XDI esp, but left the XDI file on. it won't work. you will have the same problem if you use MO2.

Well, that explains why i was able to run the game with it disabled... However, if i disable it entirely in MO2, i see a lot of esp files that need it or mods that need the mods that need XDI and i have no idea how to effectively remove their dependency on it.  So to preserve my sanity, i think i'm just going to have keep playing the guessing game with Ivy. :P

5 minutes ago, astor said:

Well, that explains why i was able to run the game with it disabled... However, if i disable it entirely in MO2, i see a lot of esp files that need it or mods that need the mods that need XDI and i have no idea how to effectively remove their dependency on it.  So to preserve my sanity, i think i'm just going to have keep playing the guessing game with Ivy. :P

Here's her full dialogue tree:

ivys_Dialogue_Tree.jpg.ceffeb0f340f97c34f4a248779edada5.jpg

Development Update Ivy 6.0

I've been working nearly daily on incorporating KittenVox's lines into the build. I tend to be able to do around 100 lines per day on average, As it's around 6 to 7k lines to say that it's a lot of work would be an understatement.

Is it playable right now?

Yes and no. It's as playable as 5.3 is, but many lines need to be 'cropped' to make sure all timings are right and there's no unwanted pauses etc..

What are you doing with each line?

Before, Ivy could not laugh, she could not cry or scream out. Now she can, so she does. But this needs changes in the CK to make sure all lipsyncs are correct. Where a TTS will always say the exact line, humans sometimes add extra words and sounds which makes the lipsync go off-sync. The fix is to create an alternative line of text in the CK for each line, that dictates in literal words how the lipsync should be done. So when I say I do around 100 lines per day, this means edit the line in a sound editing program, edit the lipsync in the CK, build and test. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat..

Nuka World

Right now I'm 'stuck' at the ending of Nuka World and I'm working on making sure that all possible endings for that quest function well. There will be THREE MAIN ENDINGS to this quest for Ivy and it will be the culmination of her entire backstory. What has started with 'Into the Deep' will end in Nuka World, where (finally) all secrets that are left about Ivy and Doctor Stein will be revealed.

The challenge there is to make sure that all types of affinity and internal quest counters work and don't end up in 'impossible' combinations, which leave the end bugged. Where I'm 'stuck' there is that it's still currently possible to 'break' the quest by choosing a particular set of (illogical) choices during the quest, which break the ending. It's a lot of work figuring out all combinations of counters, and all outcomes of quest choices and player actions. In terms if Quest logic this is by far the most ambitious quest ever made for Ivy and it shows in the development time.

Do I have an ETA?

Same as before.. when I see that light at the end of the tunnel become a fixture.. THEN I will communicate a release date.

Ohhh thanks for the update! Love the communication. Got a question, I see she has interactions and quests in Nuka World. Will she be compatible with quest mods like Viva Nuka World and Nuka World Reborn? (Author of that is soon updating it to make sure no precombines/previses are broken, not that it breaks any right now, he/she's just making sure). Thanks!

1 hour ago, iamthebest22 said:

Ohhh thanks for the update! Love the communication. Got a question, I see she has interactions and quests in Nuka World. Will she be compatible with quest mods like Viva Nuka World and Nuka World Reborn? (Author of that is soon updating it to make sure no precombines/previses are broken, not that it breaks any right now, he/she's just making sure). Thanks!

I have no idea yet, but I doubt anything will interfere. The worst that can happen is missing lines because quests run differently.

22 minutes ago, kchurchjr said:

UPDATE

Had some previews of Kittenvox's Lines in the discord streams...

I am undone. She... is perfection 

Yeah, I heard one posted too. And........Sometimes, you come across something and you think...........

"I have no words"

On 1/23/2021 at 7:56 PM, kchurchjr said:

Even if you delete the mod from your drive the scripts will be Orphaned in you save.
XDI and AFT ARE. NOT. IVY. COMPATABLE. 

UPDATE

Had some previews of Kittenvox's Lines in the discord streams...

I am undone. She... is perfection 

Yes, it is quite a departure from ChicGeek and Ivy 4. Now more curious to see v6.

I'm curious about her teleport(s) in v.6.  Right now, when she teleports to catch up or when she teleports back from hyper combat, the player gets injured.  Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it's at just the wrong moment that what could've been a victory has now turned into an auto-surrender and being gang raped by ghouls.  :(

Is that going to carry over to the updated version?

12 hours ago, astor said:

I'm curious about her teleport(s) in v.6.  Right now, when she teleports to catch up or when she teleports back from hyper combat, the player gets injured.  Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it's at just the wrong moment that what could've been a victory has now turned into an auto-surrender and being gang raped by ghouls.  :(

Is that going to carry over to the updated version?

Ivy has 7 different types of HyperCombat attacks. Some hurt the player, others don't. The ones that also hurt the player have a bigger area of attack and do more damage to surrounding enemies, NPC's and players.

Use the holotape she provided you with to configure her HyperCombat to not include grenade or electrical attacks (e.g. enable Telefrag only) and you should be fine.

I'm well away from those, it's the teleport itself that does the damage.  Maybe because she likes to teleport almost exclusively on my head or close enough that we're touching when she teleports to me?   If i can put a bit of distance between us, i'm fine, but if i'm just standing there when she teleports to me, i'm getting hurt.  

6 hours ago, astor said:

I'm well away from those, it's the teleport itself that does the damage.  Maybe because she likes to teleport almost exclusively on my head or close enough that we're touching when she teleports to me?   If i can put a bit of distance between us, i'm fine, but if i'm just standing there when she teleports to me, i'm getting hurt.  

That must be some other mod interfering. :(

Her teleport itself does no damage at all (e.g. nothing to cause 'damage' was programmed into the teleport explosions).