1 hour ago, Kahrik848 said:

Very excited to fire up 5.1 but I'm currently running 4.0 and don't want to mess anything up. Is it really safe to uninstall 4.0 and then install 5.1 in the same playthrough?

No this is not recommended. Ivy 5 needs a fresh game/save.

Hartstikke bedankt voor deze fantastische dame.

I’m playing with version 4 at the moment and was wondering if the changes are worth starting over again. I’m quite far into this play through so not to sure about this and now version 6 is in the pipeline I’m thinking I might wait until then. So is starting over again worth it?

1 hour ago, Mikoda said:

Hartstikke bedankt voor deze fantastische dame.

I’m playing with version 4 at the moment and was wondering if the changes are worth starting over again. I’m quite far into this play through so not to sure about this and now version 6 is in the pipeline I’m thinking I might wait until then. So is starting over again worth it?

YES. It's definitely worth it!

On 1/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, ratbag said:

I have a question; does Ivy actually like prostituting? A certain part of her said that she did not, then when I disabled it for her she said she missed it.

Is that just the programming at odds with the ol' subconscious?

Nearly missed this GEM of a question!!!

It's indeed part of the psychological warfare that's taking place inside of her. Eventually it's the decision of the player. It's up to them to keep it enabled or not after careful examination of the pros and cons.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

after careful examination of the pros and cons.

I kept it on, with the only 'con' I experienced being a quest to do my pimpin' duties in Quincy at a very low level. I got around to it and Ivy was grateful as ever.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I've noticed a problem. In the

Spoiler

Ivy Mental health Quest thing, where you have to use the neural interface and go through Ivy's mind, I get to Mercy and Mercy won't talk to me. Her dialogue cuts off after a line or two and she won't do anything. I try walking away from her and coming back to reinitialize the conversation and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing it. I don't have any of the mods you specify not to have so I can't figure out why... I might just be dumb. I even tried exiting the game and reloading the save.

I may have figured it out. I may have

Spoiler

Gotten the memory archive at the top floor before I was supposed to.. so when she spawned she was expecting me to come from that area, instead I came from the bottom floor cause I couldn't find this one terminal. Ergo, sequence was screwed up scripts wouldn't play. I had to reload a previous save start from the bottom work my way up

I am sorta stuck...  I have Iv5 5.1 installed in a fresh game, but I have not even used her yet.  As I still have one companion character to test out, would it make sense for me to wait for the updated voice version?  I find it kinda non-immersive when Ivy says to wait for her next version as this one is too robot sounding... 

It is easy for me to make a new start for the new Ivy, but getting the one voice outta my head and the new one implanted is the hard part.   Wish  the 5.1 version did not make such a big deal of it.

4 hours ago, Shor said:

I am sorta stuck...  I have Iv5 5.1 installed in a fresh game, but I have not even used her yet.  As I still have one companion character to test out, would it make sense for me to wait for the updated voice version?  I find it kinda non-immersive when Ivy says to wait for her next version as this one is too robot sounding... 

It is easy for me to make a new start for the new Ivy, but getting the one voice outta my head and the new one implanted is the hard part.   Wish  the 5.1 version did not make such a big deal of it.

@Shor my opinion....

It is very worthwhile to know and enjoy version 5.1, even without an actor voice acting because the quality of the voice that was used is good is the plot and the news make up for it.
Even because the voice acting by a actor of a mode with more than 10 thousand dialogs will not be something that should happen very fast, I imagine here that I will take weeks only in the translation of subtitles, an audio work is very time consuming.

but finally, I recommend that you already try the Ivy 5.1 is fantastic, when coming out version 5.2 or 5.3 human voice, then we will have a new experience

Before ChicGeek  I used Ivy with the 'robot' voice and found it different, and different is good. Hey, it's a 'bot' that sounds like a 'bot', and it talks dirty!

When a human voice actor was announced (ChicGeek) I'll admit - I was apprehensive. Ivy was losing one of the things that made her unique to me.

After Chic's work I was won over, partially because of the amazing script she had to work with, and lastly, she sounded natural saying those things.

Now, no matter which option we have, I know Ivy is in good hands and I'll be pleased either way. This is the voice of experience ; now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

15 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

Sorry if this was asked already, but do we have a rough estimate of when Ivy gets her voice acting done? Couple of months, half a year, full year?

Feeling a bit reluctant to start serious play-through until then.

the announcement will not be for a few weeks and considering how much there is actually to do in recording, syncing, and then packing I estimate will not be for quite some time. I am personally anticipating a year. This is NOT Reg talking just me.

IMO Ivy stand up PERFECT on her own. the content, quests and add ons are amazing. I find her Robo voice very charming and if that is all you're holding out on you're missing out

Can someone please help me? I am on the quest where you go into Ivy's subconscious and meet Debby. I am on the part about helping her escape the raiders and the quest log says "Find a way up!".

Well after three hours of looking I cannot find a way up! Quest marker is on elevator button. Rode that damn elevator dozens of times and cannot find a way out or "up".  There are stairs on one floor but a partition blocks it off. I did "tcl" and found a raider up there but seemingly no way to complete this quest. Is it bugged or am I just a half blind old fart who hates friggin puzzles? Any clues will be appreciated. Thanks. End of rant.

Never mind. I finally figured out what I missed.

Just wanted to say it was one of the best (albeit attention to detail required) quest I have ever experienced in this game!!!  Parts of it  were very eerie and disturbing.  Great work.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:48 AM, VenomSnake122 said:

Sorry for confusion , I mean body skin, not face...

I use my personal body skin mod. before Ivy v5.1, I extracted Ivy texture ba2 file and replaced it with my texture, just like how the  Unique Followers and Heather works.

But now, I don't know I placed the body texture on the wrong path or Ivy doesn't support this feature...

I tried on these two path: CompanionIvy\textures\Actors\Character\Ivy

CompanionIvy\textures\Character\Ivy

Both didn't work though

Ivy uses the regular NPC body. Change that, and Ivy's body changes.

5 hours ago, VenomSnake122 said:

Thank you, I knew that, just wonder could she be separated... to make Ivy skin unique.

That question was answered, and I quote, " Change that, and Ivy's body changes".

Its a process to do this and you are best to look at Unique Companions mod to see how it is done - it involves creating new folders for each NPC, with a custom body mesh that has its materials set to a different texture path and then updating Ivy's records in the ESM to point to this new body mesh / texture combo. Far too complex to outline how to do it here, but look at that mod - it'll show you the way.

The mod is: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

That question was answered, and I quote, " Change that, and Ivy's body changes".

Its a process to do this and you are best to look at Unique Companions mod to see how it is done - it involves creating new folders for each NPC, with a custom body mesh that has its materials set to a different texture path and then updating Ivy's records in the ESM to point to this new body mesh / texture combo. Far too complex to outline how to do it here, but look at that mod - it'll show you the way.

The mod is: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

Big thank for this, it is really helpful.

14 hours ago, rabidsquirrel said:

I ran into a bit of a problem and I hope you can help.  WIVS radio is no longer playing!  How am I supposed to get the weather if I can't get my WIVS?  

Yes this can be fixed but could potentially indicate a bigger issue with her. Find her radio quest w-ivys-radio. Then setStage 10.

This should auto fix in future versions.

7 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yes this can be fixed but could potentially indicate a bigger issue with her. Find her radio quest w-ivys-radio. Then setStage 10.

This should auto fix in future versions.

Worked like a charm!  Thank you very much!  I am really enjoying this new iteration of Ivy.  I do miss ChicGeek's voice but there is a lot of improvements and the magazine collecting is great!  Thank you for both the help and the wonderful follower! 

21 hours ago, VenomSnake122 said:

Thank you, I knew that, just wonder could she be separated... to make Ivy skin unique.

There is also a mod that makes a unquide body for ivy... is on like page 50ish of Ivy 4 after some of my android girl pics. I'll see IF i still have it. Dunno if it works with Ivy 5

11 hours ago, NewtoMods96 said:

Do the Magazines from the addon change places or are they supposed to be in specific containers. Want to find them myself, but wanted to be sure.

It looks like some are placed and most are floating.  I personally have found that it really does help incentivize exploration again.