Devious Devices Fusion Girl BodySlide Conversion (HHS)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 11:58 PM, vaultbait said:

By "this conversion" you mean the newer non-HHS one I linked in the message you quoted? Or the older HHS conversion this support thread is for? If the latter, I'm still using it (hand-upgraded to support newer FG) and it seems to work with Roggvir's DD Items Manager. I haven't tried the other one since I prefer having HHS support, especially for the ballet heel boots.

Could you please post your converson to 1.75. Thanks!

including HHS? I'm about to install FO4, and would like to try Fusiongirl - but I won't bother if DD isn't wirking including the item manager.

1 hour ago, BillyG said:

Could you please post your converson to 1.75. Thanks!

including HHS? I'm about to install FO4, and would like to try Fusiongirl - but I won't bother if DD isn't wirking including the item manager.

I didn't upgrade all the items, only the ones I tend to use. Also it's based on this conversion, which I haven't obtained permission to republish, sorry.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:27 AM, vaultbait said:

Also it's based on this conversion, which I haven't obtained permission to republish, sorry.

Since this is downstream of Devious Devices and specifically uses its assets, the following permissions apply that wdaigle is/was subject to:

PERMISSIONS

• You can NOT post this mod or any of its parts (including any derived works) outsides of LL without my explicit permission.
  • You can NOT incorporate any of my code in any for-profit project (Donations/Patreons are fine as long as they are strictly voluntary and don't offer the donor any tangible advantage over non-donors)
  • You can NOT incorporate any of my code in mod that's going to be uploaded to Bethesda.Net and/or made available for consoles in any other way.
  • You can NOT use any of my code in a closed source project. No exceptions, ever. No need to ask for permission either. I won't give it. Even in my wildest dreams I can't think of a good reason not to publish a mod's source code.
  • You can NOT publish a fork of this mod (as in using it as a base for a project offering similar functionality) without my permission. That includes porting it to other platforms/games.
  • You CAN otherwise use my code for your own projects as long as you include all source code with your distribution and allow others to use your own code in a similar fashion. And give proper credit where it's due. All above rules still apply!

I've bolded the relevant sections.  This means you have permission to re-publish on LL as long as you provide any source code (in this case, the Project Files for BodySlide).  I actually discussed this with Kimy a while back regarding DD assets from Skyrim, and the permissions have not changed since then.

Edited by davisev5225
47 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:
  • include all source code with your distribution and allow others to use your own code in a similar fashion

Yes, it's clear that I could make a FG conversion of DD without asking for permission from Kimy, what wasn't clear was whether I could publish an update of this existing conversion without asking wdaigle for permission. But the quoted bit I guess confirms there is no need.

But also, as I said, I haven't upgraded everything in my copy of this conversion, just the pieces I use most often. I'll see if I get time, but I still have the outfit conversions for Barbarous Continent to finish as well.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so the good news is that after a late night and plenty of rum, I managed to go through and upgrade all the outfits which needed it to work correctly with FG 1.75+ (63 outfits updated, the rest were effectively forward-compatible). The bad news is that it seems like this mod is maybe too large to attach to a comment... my best guess anyway, it's hard to tell since I'm just getting an opaque "error -200" during upload. Does anyone happen to know the limit? I could make it a patch to the previous version and maybe shave off something like 25-50% on the archive size.

Edit: So I tried to just make a patch on top of v1.2 of this mod, and just the modified files still clocked in at 101.2MB (really only a 7% reduction in size compared to a full replacement of the original) and I'm still getting an error attaching it to a comment. Suggestions? Should I just make a new file topic for the upgraded conversion and upload it as a full mod?

Moar edit: Yeah, I guess the forum's busted, even trying to create a new file the upload process bails with the same opaque error message, and this is well below the stated 250MB size limit. Maybe I'll just try to attach it again tomorrow and see how it goes. ?

Edited by vaultbait
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Okay, so the good news is that after a late night and plenty of rum, I managed to go through and upgrade all the outfits which needed it to work correctly with FG 1.75+ (63 outfits updated, the rest were effectively forward-compatible). The bad news is that it seems like this mod is maybe too large to attach to a comment... my best guess anyway, it's hard to tell since I'm just getting an opaque "error -200" during upload. Does anyone happen to know the limit? I could make it a patch to the previous version and maybe shave off something like 25-50% on the archive size.

Edit: So I tried to just make a patch on top of v1.2 of this mod, and just the modified files still clocked in at 101.2MB (really only a 7% reduction in size compared to a full replacement of the original) and I'm still getting an error attaching it to a comment. Suggestions? Should I just make a new file topic for the upgraded conversion and upload it as a full mod?

Moar edit: Yeah, I guess the forum's busted, even trying to create a new file the upload process bails with the same opaque error message, and this is well below the stated 250MB size limit. Maybe I'll just try to attach it again tomorrow and see how it goes. ?

I, for one, appreciate the work, even if we still have to be patient for the results.  ?

[Apparently with latest Firefox, uploads seem to break for me in the neighborhood of 30MB. I could upload things smaller than that consistently, and things larger than that would eventually return the same "error -200" while things around 30MB would sometimes upload and sometimes error. Switching to Chrome allowed me to upload just fine though? Very strange...]

Here's my initial draft for an update of this conversion which should work fairly well with Fusion Girl 1.75 and later. There are a few things to note:

1. A few of the outfit projects included fully zapped reference bodies or hand meshes, I deleted these as they don't get rendered anyway.

2. I left out all the plugs, as it's not clear to me they need to be converted to FG to begin with, and when I built the old ones included in 1.2 they had a tendency to end up a body's length away or disincorporated (cowbell far detached from its chain, and so on).

3. I used the nude reference for all of these, though some of the dresses look like they might benefit from being reshaped to the uniboob reference instead.

4. Body zaps in most cases need more work, so there's likely to be a lot of clipping with the dresses/skirts with extreme body shapes in particular; I did a more thorough job on the restrictive boots, the boots+corset combos, and the black versions of the straitjackets initially, but plan to go back and clean up the rest in a future update.

Give it a try and let me know if you spot any other problems. This is intended to fully replace v1.2, but when you remove the old version you likely also want to clear out any built meshes in Data\Meshes\DeviousDevices before installing this one, and then of course batch build the Devious Devices - Fusion Girl group with morphs as usual.

418511872_Devious_Devices_Fusion_Girl_BodySlide_Conversion_(HHS)_1.3.0.7z

Here's a bit more polish since the previous version... testing revealed that the rusty nipple clamp and rusty nipple vice both had the wrong output directory set in the 1.2.0 version I was working from (probably longer?) so I corrected them and they now build meshes in the correct directory. I've also conformed all the versions of latex dress #3 and the latex corsets to the "uniboob" reference so that the straps and laces stretch across the chest a bit more realistically.

I started to try doing body zaps for the formal dresses, but quickly got frustrated as the areas which are prone to clipping are also likely to show through from certain angles as well due to gapping and draping, looking up skirts and so on, so I've abandoned that for now. More likely the meshes will need to be deformed slightly for relevant sliders in order to fix a lot of the clipping at more extreme morph values, so I'll save that for another update and at least get these fixes up.

This replaces previous versions of the conversion, and you'll at least want to rebuild the updated outfits but probably easier to just batch build the entire slider group. Let me know if you spot anything which needs fixing (aside from some clipping in the full outfits, which is of course already known).

2086878340_Devious_Devices_Fusion_Girl_BodySlide_Conversion_(HHS)_1.3.1.7z

1 hour ago, MrMagoo said:

Thanks Vaultbait, going to try out this version!

Just to be clear - this doesn't include plugs at all or they simply won't build correctly?

Plugs will still be in the game, they'll just use the base meshes from DD and won't be built with sliders, but that's probably fine as they shouldn't really be deforming with the body anyway.

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Plugs will still be in the game, they'll just use the base meshes from DD and won't be built with sliders, but that's probably fine as they shouldn't really be deforming with the body anyway.

Yeah that makes sense... I mean really no matter what shape you make the butt certain parts are always going to be centrally located ^^

On 9/29/2021 at 5:44 AM, vaultbait said:

I don't know CBBE, but the genitalia of FG has a slider to affect the front and back position of a small range, as well as the up and down position. For something standing in a certain position of the body, the up and down position can be ignored, because visually it is only the "deep and shallow" change of the object in the body, but there will be obvious errors in the front and rear positions.

Of course, for normal games, you rarely see it unless you put the perspective in a specific position.

In addition, I know that these items of DD are basically "buried" in the body, so in fact, this problem can be ignored.

In the new framework that ego and I are making, we plan to have similar items in the future, and not all of them will be in the form of "buried". Especially in the case of FG's body, the correct position will be very important, so these items must be made with sliding blocks by FG's genital slider.

14 hours ago, kziitd said:

I don't know CBBE, but the genitalia of FG has a slider to affect the front and back position of a small range, as well as the up and down position. For something standing in a certain position of the body, the up and down position can be ignored, because visually it is only the "deep and shallow" change of the object in the body, but there will be obvious errors in the front and rear positions.

Of course, for normal games, you rarely see it unless you put the perspective in a specific position.

In addition, I know that these items of DD are basically "buried" in the body, so in fact, this problem can be ignored.

In the new framework that ego and I are making, we plan to have similar items in the future, and not all of them will be in the form of "buried". Especially in the case of FG's body, the correct position will be very important, so these items must be made with sliding blocks by FG's genital slider.

Part of why I left them out of the conversion is that it's been a longstanding issue that if you build the plugs in BodySlide you end up with them disintegrated or a body's length away for reasons I don't grok. If someone knows how to properly convert them then help is much appreciated.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Part of why I left them out of the conversion is that it's been a longstanding issue that if you build the plugs in BodySlide you end up with them disintegrated or a body's length away for reasons I don't grok. If someone knows how to properly convert them then help is much appreciated.

I haven't understood what you said. The plug adjusts its position according to the slider of the genitalia. It has only 100% weight of the pelvis and no other weight.

Will this make an error?

19 hours ago, kziitd said:

I haven't understood what you said. The plug adjusts its position according to the slider of the genitalia. It has only 100% weight of the pelvis and no other weight.

Will this make an error?

Prior advice I'd seen was to avoid building the plugs in bodyslide at all, I'll see if I can dig up a link to that discussion.

In short, something about the way those meshes are done causes them to appear far outside the body (past the feet) or for things like the cowbell to separate and show up a long ways from the chain to which it's supposed to be attached. For now I just dropped the conversions for them, because the converted meshes were more problematic than the unconverted ones, and I'm not all that adept with fixing things in Outfit Studio (upgrading existing FG 1.45 conversions to FG 1.75+ and redoing body zaps is about the limit of my current skillset).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is basically the same as 1.3.1 except it incorporates Elsidia's "fixed" catsuit and JB's Slave Heels. This version is meant for folks testing naaitsab's Devious Devices 3.0 RC3 build. I haven't done conversions of the new "straitjacket with boots" outfits, nor yet figured out what to do about the plugs (which still aren't included in this conversion, but RC3 implements some inflation options for some of them which I haven't tested out yet).

1713501714_Devious_Devices_Fusion_Girl_BodySlide_Conversion_(HHS)_1.3.2.7z

9 hours ago, izzyknows said:

The inflatable system doesn't do anything to the nif. It's just texted based.

Thanks, I can likely continue to ignore them for now in that case, though I'll try to get around to pushing up some screenshots of what I was talking about with problems for the meshes from the old v1.2 of the FG+HHS conversion.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, leduss said:

Hello everyone

I have a question related to DD

can we fix this bug?

the body appears when the devices are removed from the corpse and put on me !

cordially

Invisible corpse isn't really a bug with DD (and certainly not with a bodyslide conversion).  The most common cause is bodygen, if you're using that.  Second most common is equipping clothing on an unsupported/custom race, although your corpse appears to be human.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Invisible corpse isn't really a bug with DD (and certainly not with a bodyslide conversion).  The most common cause is bodygen, if you're using that.  Second most common is equipping clothing on an unsupported/custom race, although your corpse appears to be human.

oh sorry I got the wrong thread !!!

I'm not a custom race and effectively i use bodygen so if I understand correctly it's an engine bug

Ok, thanks for the response spicydoritos

Edited by leduss
1 hour ago, leduss said:

oh sorry I got the wrong thread !!!

I'm not a custom race and effectively i use bodygen so if I understand correctly it's an engine bug

Ok, thanks for the response spicydoritos

Yeah unfortunately it's an inherent issue with the way bodygen works vs how FO4 handles NPCs that spawn "already dead".

Out of curiosity, what mod are you using that equips DD on a body like your screenshot?