1 hour ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Ā 

Thank you!

Ā 

Just curious... the original outfit is 287 Mb, but the backport is 827 Mb. What causes such a huge expansion for the one outfit?

good question i have no idea.. i dowload the original again too se if i duplicate anything

Ā 

edit: strangely the esl "inflate"..Ā  i believe .esl files are use only in SE soo maybe you can just delete it

Edited by sad rabbit
20 minutes ago, BIGJacob said:

Ā 

Thanks.Ā Is the version provided by you a modified v6.1 or a modified/fixed/cleaned v.6.0 LEĀ [Alt. Link]?

I didn't port it. I think that's v6.1 as well, it was ported by Tullius author. I just forgot who did it and I got it from Tullius Channel. There's also a 9damao version but it's just the same with mine.

Edited by Ma Ri

Skyrim backporting NPC Harvald's wayĀ 
(some maybe usefull hints)

Ā 

You need Ā 

Ā 

Cathedral Assets Optimizer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316

Ordenator https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801

Paint.net https://www.getpaint.net/
NifSkope 2.0 Dev 7 https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases

BSA extractor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974

LE Construction set (optional)Ā 

Ā 

lot of stuff but every tool does a little step in the backporting process. After installing your tools you have to create a folder as your workspace.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

At first you sometimes have to unpack the BSA files. Ā After unpacking the files you get two main folders Meshes and textures and an esp or esl in your workspace.

Lets beginn with the textures. You have to know Ā that Skyrim LE only can handle DDS files, that are encoded in BC1 or BC5 format. That's because Skyrim LE has no directx 11 compatibility like Skyrim SE, but only directx 9. Skyrim SE can handle BC7 as well as BC1 and BC5 encoded DDS-Files and uncompressed DDS files. Nobody is able to see the difference by looking on the picture, but ordenator knows which format Skyrim LE can handle.Ā 

Ā 

So I use the tool like this

Ā 1594453273_bandicam2022-04-0415-57-22-988.jpg.b41ea290be388b617723b7f81e281009.jpg

On the lower part of the pic you see the result: one Error after the other. In this case not even one texture will work in Skyrim LE. That's not so good because it means, we have to work on them. Sometimes you get only one or two errors so check the log completely. Some modders do a wild mix of textures from different bases.

Ā 

Now you have to open all textures causing errors in Paint.net, Rightclick on the preview in the line on the top and choose save. A window will open that looks like on the picture below. Make your decisions BC1 linear for DDS without a mask and BC5 linear for DDS with a mask (Recognizable by one or more Ā gray dashed line on the image) and save with ok.Ā 

1978109846_bandicam2022-04-0416-00-22-693.jpg.e5127ca2c6acc3855ecd711d59dfa3fc.jpg

At last run ordenator again Ā to see if you missed a thing. Thats all. Now the textures are done and we can start with the meshes.

Ā 

At first start CAO on the meshes in your workspace.

Ā 

1837367121_bandicam2022-05-0319-55-16-728.jpg.e2bc3826ce45f77f093f26b81ec38f3c.jpg

Ā 

CAO is able to backport everything in the right way but headparts. They need aditional work. So navigate to facegendata/facegeom/ ....esp ind open the headmesh in nifskope.

Ā 

Now you have to control every line by hand. In the lines "FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault", "FemalebrowsHuman.." and "FemaleEyesHuman..." or corresponding names for elves. We will sometimes find "packed tangent" flag enabled.

Ā 

You have to uncheck it.

Ā 

1940304969_bandicam2022-05-1415-16-40-487.jpg.c8c10b42a719cd557d18cecb3252d0f7.jpg
(the face will not look like in the pictures. It will look white and pink. It only will look like this, if you install the texture folder in your game before, like I do.)

Ā 

On "femaleHead....", Hair" and every "Hairline" NiTriShape do the same.

Ā 

Now we hve to add vertex colors on "femaleHead....", Hair" and every "Hairline" NiTriShape.

Do it this way:Ā 

918550345_bandicam2022-05-1415-21-27-374.jpg.e29a59adcfb3a767e53079554cc2a04a.jpg

Ā 

Change to "yes" and click on the line below (a Rainbow circle will appear)

now go to BSLightingShaderProperty

Ā 

174159749_bandicam2022-05-1415-22-12-471.jpg.effabe85d970e58c6b848a04ed4e1d7d.jpg

and activate Vertex colors.

Ā 

Now you can install meshes textures and esp to LE.Ā  If it is named esl just rename it. Some guys load it to construction set before using the esp ingame, but I found it is not necessary. Only one number is changed by this procedure and it had no negative effects.

Ā 

So have funĀ 

happy backporting

Ā 

Harvald

Edited by Harvald
On 5/14/2022 at 1:31 AM, sad rabbit said:

good question i have no idea.. i dowload the original again too se if i duplicate anything

Ā 

edit: strangely the esl "inflate"..Ā  i believe .esl files are use only in SE soo maybe you can just delete it

Thanks for your conversions.

Some silly questions from noob:
- did the .esl inflated after being converted / modified?
- is the .esp in your port a conversion of the original .esl?
Tip for all: I've noticed that mods pack better with 7zip rather than winrar, can anyone confirm?

Edited by O_O
On 5/15/2022 at 5:45 AM, O_O said:

Thanks for your conversions.

Some silly questions from noob:
- is the .esp in your port a conversion of the original .esl?
Tip for all: I've noticed that mods pack better with 7zip rather than winrar, can anyone confirm?

yes

is the .esp in your port a conversion of the original .esl?

if you talking about the winter outfit no. there a hidden esp in a folder there

no idea never used 7zip

sorry for not bee much of a help

On 5/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, Harvald said:

Skyrim backporting NPC Harvald's wayĀ 
(some maybe usefull hints)

Ā 

You need Ā 

Ā 

Cathedral Assets Optimizer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316

Ordenator https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801

Paint.net https://www.getpaint.net/
NifSkope 2.0 Dev 7 https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases

BSA extractor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974

LE Construction set (optional)Ā 

Ā 

lot of stuff but every tool does a little step in the backporting process. After installing your tools you have to create a folder as your workspace.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

At first you sometimes have to unpack the BSA files. Ā After unpacking the files you get two main folders Meshes and textures and an esp or esl in your workspace.

Lets beginn with the textures. You have to know Ā that Skyrim LE only can handle DDS files, that are encoded in BC1 or BC5 format. That's because Skyrim LE has no directx 11 compatibility like Skyrim SE, but only directx 9. Skyrim SE can handle BC7 as well as BC1 and BC5 encoded DDS-Files and uncompressed DDS files. Nobody is able to see the difference by looking on the picture, but ordenator knows which format Skyrim LE can handle.Ā 

Ā 

So I use the tool like this

Ā 1594453273_bandicam2022-04-0415-57-22-988.jpg.b41ea290be388b617723b7f81e281009.jpg

On the lower part of the pic you see the result: one Error after the other. In this case not even one texture will work in Skyrim LE. That's not so good because it means, we have to work on them. Sometimes you get only one or two errors so check the log completely. Some modders do a wild mix of textures from different bases.

Ā 

Now you have to open all textures causing errors in Paint.net, Rightclick on the preview in the line on the top and choose save. A window will open that looks like on the picture below. Make your decisions BC1 linear for DDS without a mask and BC5 linear for DDS with a mask (Recognizable by one or more Ā gray dashed line on the image) and save with ok.Ā 

1978109846_bandicam2022-04-0416-00-22-693.jpg.e5127ca2c6acc3855ecd711d59dfa3fc.jpg

At last run ordenator again Ā to see if you missed a thing. Thats all. Now the textures are done and we can start with the meshes.

Ā 

At first start CAO on the meshes in your workspace.

Ā 

1837367121_bandicam2022-05-0319-55-16-728.jpg.e2bc3826ce45f77f093f26b81ec38f3c.jpg

Ā 

CAO is able to backport everything in the right way but headparts. They need aditional work. So navigate to facegendata/facegeom/ ....esp ind open the headmesh in nifskope.

Ā 

Now you have to control every line by hand. In the lines "FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault", "FemalebrowsHuman.." and "FemaleEyesHuman..." or corresponding names for elves. We will sometimes find "packed tangent" flag enabled.

Ā 

You have to uncheck it.

Ā 

1940304969_bandicam2022-05-1415-16-40-487.jpg.c8c10b42a719cd557d18cecb3252d0f7.jpg
(the face will not look like in the pictures. It will look white and pink. It only will look like this, if you install the texture folder in your game before, like I do.)

Ā 

On "femaleHead....", Hair" and every "Hairline" NiTriShape do the same.

Ā 

Now we hve to add vertex colors on "femaleHead....", Hair" and every "Hairline" NiTriShape.

Do it this way:Ā 

918550345_bandicam2022-05-1415-21-27-374.jpg.e29a59adcfb3a767e53079554cc2a04a.jpg

Ā 

Change to "yes" and click on the line below (a Rainbow circle will appear)

now go to BSLightingShaderProperty

Ā 

174159749_bandicam2022-05-1415-22-12-471.jpg.effabe85d970e58c6b848a04ed4e1d7d.jpg

and activate Vertex colors.

Ā 

Now you can install meshes textures and esp to LE.Ā  If it is named esl just rename it. Some guys load it to construction set before using the esp ingame, but I found it is not necessary. Only one number is changed by this procedure and it had no negative effects.

Ā 

So have funĀ 

happy backporting

Ā 

Harvald

Ā 

Ā 

Hi, very useful tutorial, manny thanksĀ @Harvald

Ā 

However, I almost succeed in my 1st try but I have some problem with the eyes, the eye socket looks empty, why is that?Ā Can you help me please?

Ā 

ScreenShot1139.png.a9178604cbbc923626686b9e88cd6e1b.png

Edited by ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫
25 minutes ago, ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hi, very useful tutorial, manny thanksĀ @Harvald

Ā 

However, I almost succeed in my 1st try but I have some problem with the eyes, the eye socket looks empty, why is that?Ā Can you help me please?

Ā 

ScreenShot1139.png.a9178604cbbc923626686b9e88cd6e1b.png

Hi there

Ā 

Two possible reasons:
1.) You missed a "packed tangent" flag on the eyes.
2.) one of the rare cases that the eyes also need a "Vertex color" flag.

Ā 

Do as described for the face and hairpieces.

I didn't suggest it in general, because on many faces the eyes start to lighten in the dark, if you turn on the "Vertex colors" flag on the eyes.

7 hours ago, Harvald said:

Hi there

Ā 

Two possible reasons:
1.) You missed a "packed tangent" flag on the eyes.
2.) one of the rare cases that the eyes also need a "Vertex color" flag.

Ā 

Do as described for the face and hairpieces.

I didn't suggest it in general, because on many faces the eyes start to lighten in the dark, if you turn on the "Vertex colors" flag on the eyes.

Ā 

Hi, I did as you said but the eyes are still missing, can you take a look at the file and help me with this, pretty please?Ā Snow.7z

I really wanna learn about thisĀ ā¤ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:30 AM, ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫 said:

Ā 

Hi, I did as you said but the eyes are still missing, can you take a look at the file and help me with this, pretty please?Ā Snow.7z

I really wanna learn about thisĀ ā¤ļø

Ā 

I do not know what happened during your porting process, but something went wrong. I had to port the head back to Skyrim SE and then port the headmesh back to skyrim LE. The mesh is a little bigger than yours after the porting process. Now it works perfect in my Skyrim LE.

Ā 

so take this Headmesh and try again

Ā 

00000D64.NIF

Ā 

Edited by Harvald
39 minutes ago, Lyman the Lunatic said:

I'd like to know, is it possible to backport script mods? Elden Ring Step Dodge mod caught my interest & I don't know how to go about with it. Link in the spoilers.
Ā 

Ā 

normal skripts don' need any backport, only skse using mods and that means a recreation of the skript. What your mod needs is an animation file backport. I've never done it, but there is a tutorial and aĀ  .bat file on tesnexusĀ https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/104459.Ā 

9 hours ago, Harvald said:

normal skripts don' need any backport, only skse using mods and that means a recreation of the skript. What your mod needs is an animation file backport. I've never done it, but there is a tutorial and aĀ  .bat file on tesnexusĀ https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/104459.Ā 

Seems like I ran into the exact same problem with everyone else, the bat deleted everything despite correct instructions.

I got the skyrimrefrence.hko. I got the havok for x64, remove space from the file location, still doesn't work.

Edited by Lyman the Lunatic
On 5/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, Harvald said:

Ā 

I do not know what happened during your porting process, but something went wrong. I had to port the head back to Skyrim SE and then port the headmesh back to skyrim LE. The mesh is a little bigger than yours after the porting process. Now it works perfect in my Skyrim LE.

Ā 

so take this Headmesh and try again

Ā 

00000D64.NIF 2.74 MBĀ Ā·Ā 1 download

Ā 

Ā 

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late reply, real life stuffĀ ?

I tried with your mesh file but I got the same result, very odd. By the way I did try the revert back and backport again unsuccessfully, same result. Could the version of the application be related or something? I don't know. What's weirder is that it works with other followers mods:

Ā 

ScreenShot1144.png.47d5145d7fc5beb13908f4337922c38d.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/66108

Ā 

Some backports works perfect while others don't, and it is always the same problem: no eyeballs

Ā 

sad-why.gif

Ā 

Anyway, thanks a lot for theĀ effort and patience.Ā I'm going to use the ones that works

Edited by ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫

I need anyone as a backport tester cause in my system this port works right

Ā 

[LE]Snow UUNP.7z

Ā 

20 hours ago, ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫 said:

I tried with your mesh file but I got the same result, very odd.

Ā 

0n others not. I'm very sorry for that, and I need a poof.Ā  An other user of an other port had a collision problem with an other mod and got a vanilla shaped head.

4 hours ago, Harvald said:

I need anyone as a backport tester cause in my system this port works right

Ā 

[LE]Snow UUNP.7z 15.63 MBĀ Ā·Ā 4 downloads

Ā 

Ā 

0n others not. I'm very sorry for that, and I need a poof.Ā  An other user of an other port had a collision problem with an other mod and got a vanilla shaped head.

Ā 

Oh boy... I install the facegen mesh from your mod convertion in my Snow mod alredy installed and VoilĆ !

Ā 

ScreenShot1146.png.b2ba1ff8da7ca39a55cd48433d9538b4.png

Ā 

What am I doing wrong?Ā Is the problem in the CAO app version that I am using (Cathedral Assets Optimizer 64 5.3.12v)? Is in the settings?Ā I'm going crazy with this haha!

Ā 

1.png.4fceb113c33fd5f64ec1d6ae86cb3553.png

2.png.a8f52f7a506cc76c2466206bde44dad4.png

Ā 

I alredy tried RESAVE MESHES TICKED /UNTICKED

Ā 

3.png.aab1a96150f027923712d3a9533c8861.png

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thats the way she looks in my game.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, ć‚µćƒžć‚Ø惫 said:

What am I doing wrong?Ā Is the problem in the CAO app version that I am using (Cathedral Assets Optimizer 64 5.3.12v)? Is in the settings?Ā I'm going crazy with this haha!

Ā 

don't tnow,Ā  I also use the 5.1.13 Version.Ā The settings appear to be the same.

The only thing is; I used this tool for backporting the headmesh to SSEĀ https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

Ā 

perhaps that is the reason:

(Citation: A tool for mod authors to optimize NIF files between the SSE and LE format.
Fixes several issues along the way and can also scan textures for compatibility.)

Ā 

and: I'm the godfather of BackportingĀ ?Ā har har har .........

Ā 

no I have no idea

Ā