2 hours ago, ThatMother3Song said:

I downloaded this mod and I am quite excited to use the defeat baka edition, but when I downloaded this mod, My Norton anti virus software said these files contained something to change my system 32, should I be afraid? Has anyone else experienced this?

Norton is known malware. I recommend uninstalling it.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:43 AM, abdulah2 said:

You're welcome, and please lmk if you find more weirdness.

So far I've done a bit rudimentary testing (nothing more than 30min playtime cause my modlist is not final yet). 

The Toys Framework works super fine even with the integration option it provides. 

DD also seems to work fine. 

SLSO was a bit weird though I don't know if that was because I upgraded to a version that is too new for my SL Framework version or if something wonky was going on. 

But one thing was very apparent. Arousal increased very fast. Within a single ingame hour (playing with timescale 10) I went to 100 multiple times with a brand new character. The exposure rate was set to 2, then I set it down to 0.5 but nothing really changed. After character creation arousal was 0. A few MCM menues later (5-10 Minutes realtime) it went up to something between 30 and 40. 

Dunno if user error (I just changed the exposure rate without much success), forgetting some setting that should be changed, or weird behaviour due to my heavy LO. 

All was tested on a few new characters. 

13 hours ago, Silvain said:

So far I've done a bit rudimentary testing (nothing more than 30min playtime cause my modlist is not final yet). 

The Toys Framework works super fine even with the integration option it provides. 

DD also seems to work fine. 

SLSO was a bit weird though I don't know if that was because I upgraded to a version that is too new for my SL Framework version or if something wonky was going on. 

But one thing was very apparent. Arousal increased very fast. Within a single ingame hour (playing with timescale 10) I went to 100 multiple times with a brand new character. The exposure rate was set to 2, then I set it down to 0.5 but nothing really changed. After character creation arousal was 0. A few MCM menues later (5-10 Minutes realtime) it went up to something between 30 and 40. 

Dunno if user error (I just changed the exposure rate without much success), forgetting some setting that should be changed, or weird behaviour due to my heavy LO. 

All was tested on a few new characters. 

Following SLA's original logic, with my scripts exposure is given to actors only if they witnessed another naked actor during an update or if they themselves were seen naked while being exhibitionists. The amounts granted are also unchanged from original logic, also being static regardless of update frequency. My changes just make the updates take significantly less time to finish, especially with higher number of actors/naked actors detected, which could lead to faster exposure buildup. Note that the MCM-set timer between updates starts only after an update has finished. So if you set the frequency to 20 in the MCM and each update takes 5 seconds to finish then the effective update frequency would be 20+5=25 seconds.

For some numbers, if an actor A sees a naked actor B then actor A will be granted 2 exposure, modified by exposure rate. If naked actor B's gender matches the gender preference of actor A then that number would increase from 2 to 4, still to be modified by exposure rate. So if you set SLA updates to happen every 15 seconds (minimum allowed) then actor A would get 4*exposure_rate exposure every 15+update_execution_time seconds, which would mean 32 exposure per ~1 minute for exposure_rate=2, or 192 exposure per ~6 minutes which is what a game hour takes with timescale 10. Changing the exposure rate of an actor only affects how much exposure that actor will get after that, not how much that actor already has.

I don't know your exact MCM settings or the game conditions under which you observed faster arousal increase, but there are reasonable scenarios that could explain that faster increase under the scope of updates happening more often. I could also make a very minor edit in the function that increases exposure to output what it did timestamped in the console, for the player only or for any actor, for you to use if you want a better view of what's happening under the hood.

About the new character, what probably happened was another behavior of SLA. When attempting to obtain an actor's exposure (which SLA updates always will for each detected actor), if that actor's exposure is not set it will end up being randomized in a range of 0-50. Naturally, when starting a new game no one's exposure is set, including the player's, so on the first SLA update it was likely set to the value between 30 and 40 you observed.

And about SLSO, I didn't make any changes to the built-in support SLAX has for SLSO, and I haven't noticed any unexpected behavior between the two mods myself while playing lately. Could you go into more detail about what exactly was the weirdness you observed?

On 1/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, abdulah2 said:

Following SLA's original logic, with my scripts exposure is given to actors only if they witnessed another naked actor during an update or if they themselves were seen naked while being exhibitionists.

Thanks for the answer. After a bit more testing I'm certain that the insane arousal increase is not because of your scripts or SLAX even. Something somewhere in my LO adds 1-3 arousal every second regardless of the SLAX settings (even with exposure rate set to 0 and a timerate of 1 - it seemingly only respects blocked arousal). 

So false alarm but I still need to find the mod that does this. With a few mods activating based on high arousal levels makes the game almost unplayable. From just outside Whiterun making my way to the market place causes the arousal to jump from 0 to ~50. 

I doubt a minor script edit can point me to the mod that does it, right? 

SLSO was also a false alarm I think. I used an old version and had a few problems with a scene that never ended (agressor didn't cum) and a seemingly random chance for the female partner to not orgasm while at 100%. 

34 minutes ago, Silvain said:

Thanks for the answer. After a bit more testing I'm certain that the insane arousal increase is not because of your scripts or SLAX even. Something somewhere in my LO adds 1-3 arousal every second regardless of the SLAX settings (even with exposure rate set to 0 and a timerate of 1 - it seemingly only respects blocked arousal). 

So false alarm but I still need to find the mod that does this. With a few mods activating based on high arousal levels makes the game almost unplayable. From just outside Whiterun making my way to the market place causes the arousal to jump from 0 to ~50. 

I doubt a minor script edit can point me to the mod that does it, right? 

SLSO was also a false alarm I think. I used an old version and had a few problems with a scene that never ended (agressor didn't cum) and a seemingly random chance for the female partner to not orgasm while at 100%. 

Some sources of mysterious arousal increase I've encountered:

-DD Lore has a default arousal tick per equipped device

-Sexlab Adventures has a default arousal increase when you cast spells.

However something you said doesn't make sense: "Something somewhere in my LO adds 1-3 arousal every second regardless of the SLAX settings (even with exposure rate set to 0 and a timerate of 1 - it seemingly only respects blocked arousal)"

The API to add exposure to an actor through SLA which most mods use respects the exposure multiplier in the MCM. So if you set that to zero, most mods should not be increasing your exposure at all. However there is also a faction for the exposure, and some mods might modify that directly instead, but it should be much rarer. The other possibility is that your timerate has been set very high.

Could you check in game whether when your exposure if very high, or just the  arousal from time rate?

Also, mods using the UpdateActorExposure function should creating debug messages in your papyrus log:

"
        Debug.Trace(self + ": " + akRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + " got " + (valFix as Int) + " exposure for " + debugMsg)
 "

So even if they leave the debugMsg blank, it should still help you.

3 hours ago, DayTri said:

Some sources of mysterious arousal increase I've encountered:

-DD Lore has a default arousal tick per equipped device

-Sexlab Adventures has a default arousal increase when you cast spells.

I don't have either. I already found one source with MME but that can be turned off. Same goes for the fashion addiction from YPS. I have no Devious Devices equiped so nothing there. 

However something you said doesn't make sense: "Something somewhere in my LO adds 1-3 arousal every second regardless of the SLAX settings (even with exposure rate set to 0 and a timerate of 1 - it seemingly only respects blocked arousal)"

The API to add exposure to an actor through SLA which most mods use respects the exposure multiplier in the MCM. So if you set that to zero, most mods should not be increasing your exposure at all. However there is also a faction for the exposure, and some mods might modify that directly instead, but it should be much rarer. The other possibility is that your timerate has been set very high.

Timerate is 8 and that what I described - the 0 to ~50 progression happenend within like 10 ingame minutes, maybe less. From what I could tell the only influence the exposure and timerate settings (in the puppet master tab with the player as the target) only had influence on the regular scans that happen every 120 minutes (default). 

Could you check in game whether when your exposure if very high, or just the  arousal from time rate?

Hmm sure, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Where would I see that? 

Also, mods using the UpdateActorExposure function should creating debug messages in your papyrus log:

"
        Debug.Trace(self + ": " + akRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + " got " + (valFix as Int) + " exposure for " + debugMsg)
 "

So even if they leave the debugMsg blank, it should still help you.

No such messages. The behaviour is consistend across new games. There is however an error that repeats itself quite frequently across my log. It points to Apropos2, so maybe that is my issue. I'll try testing that. 

Spoiler

[01/28/2022 - 10:01:16PM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    [ (E156969F)].Actor.SetFactionRank() - "<native>" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorMasochismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorArousalN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2miscsexeffects.StageStart() - "Apropos2MiscSexEffects.psc" Line ?
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:16PM] _STA_: Enjoyment: Player: 104. Parnter: 50
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:16PM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorFrustrationN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorArousalN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2miscsexeffects.StageStart() - "Apropos2MiscSexEffects.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorFatigueN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.SetFactionRank() - "<native>" Line ?
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorMasochismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousalN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.FloatUpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Main (19042D62)].slamainscr.OnStageStartSLSO() - "slamainscr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFrustrationN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousalN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.FloatUpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFatigueN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorMasochismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    <unknown self>.apropos2util.ActorStatsToString() - "Apropos2Util.psc" Line ?
    <unknown self>.apropos2util.ULogActors() - "Apropos2Util.psc" Line ?
    <unknown self>.apropos2util.ULogEventInfo() - "Apropos2Util.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2systemconfig.LogEventInfo() - "Apropos2SystemConfig.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2framework.LogEventInfo() - "Apropos2Framework.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2framework.StageStart() - "Apropos2Framework.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorFrustrationN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2systemconfig.LogEventInfo() - "Apropos2SystemConfig.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2framework.LogEventInfo() - "Apropos2Framework.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2framework.StageStart() - "Apropos2Framework.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Framework (1904290F)].slaUtilScr.GetActorFatigueN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    <unknown self>.apropos2util.GetFactoredArousalIndex() - "Apropos2Util.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.AddArousalTextsToMap() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.DisplayFemaleActorCreatureVaginalDescriptions() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.DisplayAnimationStartChangeOrStageStartMessage() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
stack:
stack:
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:17PM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    <unknown self>.apropos2util.GetFactoredArousalIndex() - "Apropos2Util.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.AddArousalTextsToMap() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.DisplayFemaleActorCreatureVaginalDescriptions() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
    [Apropos2MainQuest (C9056949)].apropos2descriptions.DisplayAnimationStartChangeOrStageStartMessage() - "Apropos2Descriptions.psc" Line ?
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:17PM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:17PM] Mzin: Update alpha on Vee to 0.235213
stack:
stack:
stack:

3 hours ago, Silvain said:

I don't have either. I already found one source with MME but that can be turned off. Same goes for the fashion addiction from YPS. I have no Devious Devices equiped so nothing there. 

Timerate is 8 and that what I described - the 0 to ~50 progression happenend within like 10 ingame minutes, maybe less. From what I could tell the only influence the exposure and timerate settings (in the puppet master tab with the player as the target) only had influence on the regular scans that happen every 120 minutes (default). 

Hmm sure, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Where would I see that? 

No such messages. The behaviour is consistend across new games. There is however an error that repeats itself quite frequently across my log. It points to Apropos2, so maybe that is my issue. I'll try testing that. 

Hide contents

stack:
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:16PM] _STA_: Enjoyment: Player: 104. Parnter: 50
stack:
stack:
stack:
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorMasochismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFrustrationN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFatigueN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[01/28/2022 - 10:01:17PM] Mzin: Update alpha on Vee to 0.235213
stack:
stack:
stack:

Actually this does look like an error with SLAX for you, could you try "sqv sla_Framework" in the console and see what is shown for sla_Frustration, is it NONE or some formID? "Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction" seems to me that for some reason the properties on this quest script didn't initialize for you. If some of these faction properties aren't attached correctly then it could definitely explain the arousal calculation going crazy.

6 hours ago, DayTri said:

Actually this does look like an error with SLAX for you, could you try "sqv sla_Framework" in the console 

I've attached the screenshots of the console. sla_Frustration and some other are "none". So since the arousal behaves the same way every new game we can probably say that something reliably breaks my SLAX installation? 

Spoiler

sla_1.jpg.0b7bf66b890db60da7d9feec5262b6e1.jpgsla_2.jpg.3363d057b329516250012d243f976896.jpg

Also to confirm and to get the basics out of the way. I installed the SLAX version from here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130406-sexlab-aroused-extended/?do=findComment&comment=3453623

I let it overwrite SLSO (even the new 1.7.7 version) and using SL Framework 1.63 for the latest pre-AE game version. 

Then I overwrite SLAX with the fixes from here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130406-sexlab-aroused-extended/?do=findComment&comment=3637949

So far so good. 

I also removed Apropos to remove some of the error spam and looked at the log for a few more hints searching for "sla". 

These came up. So there are problems with Masochism, Furstration, Fatigue and Exhibitionism? This is a new game btw.  

Spoiler
[01/29/2022 - 11:32:08AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[sla_Main (19042D62)].slamainscr.OnKeyDown() - "slamainscr.psc" Line ?
[01/29/2022 - 11:32:08AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
      [01/29/2022 - 11:32:30AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.DisplayActorStatus() - "slaconfigscr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.DisplayPuppetMaster() - "slaconfigscr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.OnPageReset() - "slaconfigscr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (2C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?
[01/29/2022 - 11:32:30AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.DisplayActorStatus() - "slaconfigscr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Config (1901C6E0)].slaconfigscr.DisplayPuppetMaster() - "slaconfigscr.psc" Line ?
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (2C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:32:31AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFatigue() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
[01/29/2022 - 11:32:31AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFrustration() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorMasochism() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExhibitionismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExhibitionism() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
      [01/29/2022 - 11:35:19AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:19AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:23AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:23AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkMaximum() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:23AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getLactacidCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:30AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:30AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:35AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:35AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkMaximum() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:36AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getLactacidCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:55AM] _SLS_: Bikini curse triggered by: Footwraps - [Armor < (0003CA00)>]. Boots are not heels!
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:59AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:35:59AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:03AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:03AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkMaximum() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:04AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getLactacidCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:14AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:14AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:15AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:15AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkMaximum() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:15AM] MME_Storage: Triggered getLactacidCurrent() for actor Prisoner
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:21AM] _SLS_: Bikini curse triggered by: Footwraps - [Armor < (0003CA00)>]. Boots are not heels!
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:32AM] Got 0 bikini items 
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:34AM] Got 0 bikini items 
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:36AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:36AM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
stack:
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFatigue() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorFrustration() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorMasochism() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExhibitionismN() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
	[sla_Internal (19083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExhibitionism() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line ?
[01/29/2022 - 11:36:55AM] _SLS_: Bikini curse triggered by: Footwraps - [Armor < (0003CA00)>]. Boots are not heels!

Edited by Silvain

@Silvain As DayTri said, whatever uses SLA's API to add exposure may provide a message that would be outputted to Papyrus logs, if debug tracing is enabled (and in SLAX's case, its own debug setting must be enabled). The same string can be used to print to console, which is much handier for debugging. All that is under the assumption that whoever is using the API DOES provide a string. The API can be used just fine without one, in which case you can't easily find out who is using it. I'll PM you a script with console output for you to try your luck.

@DayTri Actually, while you are right that all exposure gains via the API respect exposure rate, there is a loophole that if an actor's exposure rate is negative or not set its getter will return the default exposure rate set in MCM as is, or after adding or subtracting 1 based on Voice type (which I simply randomized in my edits because using Voice is slow and kinda risky). However, it never actually set the exposure rate to the value it returned, meaning that if an actor somehow never got their exposure rate set or got it set to <0 then the exposure rate used by SLA's API would be based on the above math. Guess I'll fix it myself and post it some time later, after I make sure I'm not actually breaking anything.

8 minutes ago, abdulah2 said:

@Silvain I'll PM you a script with console output for you to try your luck.

Thanks for the help. 

I have edited my post with some additional information. Maybe they help to paint a clearer picture. 

Ah and "everything respects exposure rate" is not true in my case. I even set Timerate and Exposure Rate to 0 in the puppet master tab and I still gained exposure at the same rate. 

5 hours ago, Silvain said:

Thanks for the help. 

I have edited my post with some additional information. Maybe they help to paint a clearer picture. 

Ah and "everything respects exposure rate" is not true in my case. I even set Timerate and Exposure Rate to 0 in the puppet master tab and I still gained exposure at the same rate. 

This looks a lot like you have the SLAX scripts installed but that you have the wrong SexlabAroused.esm - the esm sets the properties on the script, and you have all the vanilla SLA properties set while all the SLAX specific properties are broken.

Do you use a mod manager? Double check where your SexlabAroused.esm is coming from. If you don't, right click the esm and check the "modified" date. My non-SLAX esm has modified date Nov 2020, while the esm from that archive you posted should show modified date July 2021.

11 hours ago, Silvain said:

I let it overwrite SLSO (even the new 1.7.7 version) and using SL Framework 1.63 for the latest pre-AE game version. 

In my game, when I start a new game with SLSO 1.7.x plug-in enabled in the index, it will deadlock Sexlab 1.63 initialization.

I solved by disabling SLSO plugin before starting anew and re-enable it after setup/proving the game will not crash (Walking out/in Whiterun).  

The deadlock will stop SLA(X), DD, ZAZ, and others from finishing their setups and lock their MCM menus.  It will also spam the active scripts every reload.

It did not happen with 1.6, and I tested with and without OsmelMC's SexLab Utility Plus.

This is just my experience and do not know if it's happening to you or if it is a common occurrence of SLSO 1.7.x. 

Just mentioning it in case it is relevant, also I'm using the same SLAX version and do not have the null faction reference issue you are having.  I think DayTri suggestion is sound.

Sample of slaframeworkscr instantiation from my game save (ReSaver).  The darker color table is from xEdit.  See that the script reference for fatigue, trauma, frustration, masochism, exhibitionism, and the like match the faction formId from the SLAX ESM.

Spoiler

2120351980_SLAXinitsample1.png.6484cfb0a03615a9ec2e20d660d30aa6.png

6 hours ago, DayTri said:

This looks a lot like you have the SLAX scripts installed but that you have the wrong SexlabAroused.esm - the esm sets the properties on the script, and you have all the vanilla SLA properties set while all the SLAX specific properties are broken.

Do you use a mod manager? Double check where your SexlabAroused.esm is coming from. If you don't, right click the esm and check the "modified" date. My non-SLAX esm has modified date Nov 2020, while the esm from that archive you posted should show modified date July 2021.

Yeah I'm on the same page. Something is really acting up but I honestly can't imagine what it is. 

I even completely redownloaded the linked archive, reinstalled (using MO2), made sure nothing is overwritten and started a new game. Before that I made sure it was the esm from July 2021. Still the same errors in the log. 

I did find some kind of conflict with 

Disabling it prevents the insane arousal increase with abdulah2s script edits. Probably due to some bug with the new math if I understood him correctly. 

28 minutes ago, safado said:

In my game, when I start a new game with SLSO 1.7.x plug-in enabled in the index, it will deadlock Sexlab 1.63 initialization.

I solved by disabling SLSO plugin before starting anew and re-enable it after setup/proving the game will not crash (Walking out/in Whiterun).  

The deadlock will stop SLA(X), DD, ZAZ, and others from finishing their setups and lock their MCM menus.  It will also spam the active scripts every reload.

It did not happen with 1.6, and I tested with and without OsmelMC's SexLab Utility Plus.

This is just my experience and do not know if it's happening to you or if it is a common occurrence of SLSO 1.7.x. 

Just mentioning it in case it is relevant, also I'm using the same SLAX version and do not have the null faction reference issue you are having.  I think DayTri suggestion is sound.

Sample of slaframeworkscr instantiation from my game save (ReSaver).  The darker color table is from xEdit.  See that the script reference for fatigue, trauma, frustration, masochism, exhibitionism, and the like match the faction formId from the SLAX ESM.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. 

Edit: It was all the Widgets mod. Even the null faction issue. Only took a day to find out and sending abdulah on a chicken hunt. Thanks everyone for your help. 

Edited by Silvain

After some debugging with Silvain's help, I'm reuploading my script edits from last page. There are two things to note, one major and one minor.

The minor is that I've made all the Setters update both Faction rank and StorageUtil where appropriate, instead of only updating StorageUtil. There was weirdness here in that some Setters set their StorageUtil value but NOT the Faction rank. The whole point of using Factions is to have them available as Conditionals in CK. The Setters not updating their ranks reduced the reliability of this. It wasn't completely broken behavior but it was avoidable with a single line of code in each Setter. Sure, setting a Faction rank is a delayed call so Setters became 1 frame slower but delayed calls are only to be avoided, not to be outright not used. So for the Setters to do what they are supposed to do properly this had to happen.

I also updated GetGenderPreference to update its Faction rank if it had to calcualte a new one and GetActorExposureRate to update both its Faction rank and StorageUtil, again only if it had to calculate a new value. This barely saves any time in the functions themselves but it also doesn't make them any slower. So, since they just calculated up to date things why not have them also store them? This also brings them in line with the rest of the Getters who always update Faction rank, and also update StorageUtil where appropriate.

As for the major one, it likely only applies to the SE version of SLAX with the SKSE64 plugin that was posted earlier in the thread. In page 27 there is a post by safado attatching a pre-packed SLAX SE version and the SKSE64 plugin in that version is made by MasterDev who also uploaded its source some pages earlier. I do not have LE installed and can't find the source of the SLAX LE SKSE plugin so I can't tell if this also applies in official SLAX LE.

The issue is some math in that SKSE64 plugin:

res = res + std::pow(1.5, -timeSinceUpdate / timeRateHalfLife);

res is an Actor's current exposure, timeSinceUpdate is the time in in-game days since that Actor's exposure was last updated via SLAX's API, timeRateHalfLife is the exposure decay rate set in MCM, and std::pow is a math function raising the first parameter to the second parameter. Here's the respective line written in Papyrus in original SLA(R):

res = res * Math.pow(1.5, - timeSinceUpdate / slaConfig.TimeRateHalfLife)

You'll notice it's the same thing except it became a multiplication instead of addition. This breaks stuff. This line is what implements exposure's decay. That MCM setting that says exposure will reduce by 1/3 in however many days you set it? Yeah, that decay. To give an example with numbers, if an Actor's exposure is 100 (res=100), the MCM setting is set to 1 (timeRateHalfLife), and it has been 1 day since that line was run (timeSinceUpdate=1) the math will become:

exposure = 100 * (1.5 ^- (1/1)  => exposure = 100 * (1.5 ^- 1)  =>  exposure = 100 * (1 / 1.5)  =>  exposure = 100 * 2/3  =>  exposure = 66.666...

So an exposure of 100, with a decay rate of 1, in 1 day, would become an exposure of 66, aka reduced by 1/3. Replace that multiplication with an addition, however, and decay simply stops functioning. Instead, what the line does is add a minor amount to the Actor's exposure.

An additional problem arose from this. The above line is ran by 2 functions, both in slaFrameworkScr, namely GetActorExposure and UpdateActorExposure. Both functions first read the StorageUtil value of the Actor's exposure, then do math based on that, and then set the Actor's exposure Faction rank to the updated value. UpdateActorExposure additionally sets the StorageUtil value to the updated value too. This means that every time UpdateActorExposure was called, along with decay not applying, a small amount of additional exposure would be given to the Actor (the amount calculated by the exponent). Since UpdateActorExposure wasn't ran that often this was not easily noticable.

As for GetActorExposure, since it never updated the StorageUtil then even if it was ran back to back it would add a small amount of exposure to the same StorageUtil value it read every time, resulting in it returning a set value increased by a minor amount every time. This was also not easily noticable. Overall, besides exposure decay breaking the rest of the functionality didn't have glaring issues.

However with my edits making GetActorExposure also update StorageUtil (because why shouldn't it?) it too started adding a small amount to an Actor's exposure each time it was ran. And since there are mods that call this function relatively rapidly, it would result in the exposure of actors getting high fast. The fix is as simple as turning that addition back into a multiplication so that the decay starts functioning again instead of slowly incrementing Actors' exposures. I can't compile SKSE plugins in my environment meaning I can't update the SKSE64 plugin so I simply wrote the math back in Papyrus, like SLA(R) used to do. I don't quite understand why it was moved to SKSE in the first place as math is done very fast in Papyrus. Yes, SKSE is always faster but no human could ever tell the time difference between running math as simple as that in Papyrus and SKSE. It's generally only the delayed Papyrus functions that must be avoided.

I'm reuploading my files here because I already dumped enough text on the previous page. It's only slaFrameworkScr that has been changed. See my first and second post for documentation in other changes I've made.

Edit: Reverted GetActorExposureRate back to using voicechecks and improved its math, as per HexBolt8's suggestion.

Profilings.7z

scripts.7z source.7z

Edited by abdulah2
5 hours ago, abdulah2 said:

I also updated GetGenderPreference to update its Faction rank if it had to calcualte a new one and GetActorExposureRate to update both its Faction rank and StorageUtil, again only if it had to calculate a new value. This barely saves any time in the functions themselves but it also doesn't make them any slower. So, since they just calculated up to date things why not have them also store them?

Thank you for this.  I'd spoken to Lupine some time ago about setting the gender preference faction when gender preference is calculated.  Lupine agreed that it was reasonable, but unfortunately never had time to work on SLAX after that.  This change makes those faction ranks actually useful in quest or dialog condition checks.

@abdulah2, if you're continuing work on this, I have a suggestion to share, a change that I'd made in my personal local copy more than a year ago.

In slaFrameworkScr, in the GetActorExposureRate function, I made this change (in green):

Spoiler

If actorVoice
            If (slaArousedVoiceList.Find(actorVoice) >= 0)
                exposureRate = slaConfig.DefaultExposureRate * 1.5 ; was + 1.0
            ElseIf (slaUnArousedVoiceList.Find(actorVoice) >= 0)
                exposureRate = slaConfig.DefaultExposureRate * 0.5; was - 1.0
            Else
                exposureRate = slaConfig.DefaultExposureRate
            EndIf

At the default exposureRate of 2.0, this change has no effect, meaning no surprises for players using the default.  However, it better handles situations where the player changes exposureRate in the MCM.  By default, exposureRate is 2.0 and the update frequency is 120 seconds.  On modern computers, 120 seconds is an eternity.  In my game, I set exposureRate to 0.5 and frequency to 30 seconds.  By dividing both by 4, I get the same increase over time, but it's much more likely to update NPCs if I'm passing through an area.

Now consider what happens if exposureRate is 0.5.  For actors in the aroused voice list, the original logic triples the value to 1.5 (rather than doubling it).  And for unaroused voices (old people), exposureRate becomes negative.  My change just smoothly scales the increase or decrease.

Edit:  I noticed in your linked "first" changes documentation that you replaced the slow voice check with a fast randomizer.  Faster is good, but personally I like the voice check.  It's consistent.  I particularly like that old people consistently get aroused more slowly.  With a randomizer, grandma's libido might be higher than a 20 year old's.  I also like the relative ease of editing the voice list in the esp to add or remove voices.  In this case, I think the speed gained at the cost of lost functionality isn't a good tradeoff.  A possible compromise implementation might be a race check against ElderRace.  Old people get 0.5 times the exposure rate; everyone else gets the standard rate.

Edited by HexBolt8

@HexBolt8 I'll probably keep updating stuff as long as I have the time. Suggestions always welcome.

The reason I changed GetActorExposureRate was, as Lupine commented in the source as well, that it could lead to unexpected behavior like with custom Actor voices. Technically the function should never fail and would always return a valid value, but it was an iffy way of doing things. It was less of an issue of speed, as using randomness takes the function down to 1 delayed call from 2 which is minor because the function runs once per actor per playthrough.

However, when you think about it, substituting the voicecheck for actual randomness makes the behavior more unexpected, if anything. My other reasoning for using actual randomness over a voicecheck was to allow for more diverse distribution. Like, maybe not all male brute voicetype NPCs, which includes anything from bandits to blacksmiths, would be equally easy to arouse. But in the end it is substituting one behavior for another with no clear "best", in which case you're probably right that the original logic should be kept as it was, well, the original.

Regarding multiplying, yeah it makes much more sense than adding. I'd only note that the value was always clamped to 0.0-10.0 before it got returned so technically no one would end up with a negative exposureRate.

Ideally I guess that that's a behavior the user should have control over so it should have an MCM toggle. But since the MCM actually has a lot of things that need polishing I'll shelf that for now and simply revert my scripts back to voicechecks and implement your multiplication method. I'll update my previous posts accordingly.

7 minutes ago, abdulah2 said:

Ideally I guess that that's a behavior the user should have control over so it should have an MCM toggle. But since the MCM actually has a lot of things that need polishing I'll shelf that for now and simply revert my scripts back to voicechecks and implement your multiplication method. I'll update my previous posts accordingly.

Thank you.  I'd thought about mentioning MCM options, but I didn't know if that was on your (or anyone else's) radar.  This seems to be an area where players will want different things.  Possible options could be Voice Type, Elders (race check), Random (your algorithm), and Flat (everyone treated the same).  A deluxe implementation could include a setting for the multiplier (for voice type, the value would be a multiplier for one type and a divisor for the other).  Just some ideas.

22 hours ago, Silvain said:

Yeah I'm on the same page. Something is really acting up but I honestly can't imagine what it is. 

I even completely redownloaded the linked archive, reinstalled (using MO2), made sure nothing is overwritten and started a new game. Before that I made sure it was the esm from July 2021. Still the same errors in the log. 

I did find some kind of conflict with 

Disabling it prevents the insane arousal increase with abdulah2s script edits. Probably due to some bug with the new math if I understood him correctly. 

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. 

Edit: It was all the Widgets mod. Even the null faction issue. Only took a day to find out and sending abdulah on a chicken hunt. Thanks everyone for your help. 

Update: This should be fixed in SLWidgets 2.0,5

Edited by crajjjj
  • 3 weeks later...

Ask about a Filter to get faction out of the  Cloakspell. like Guards and as exsample  Campanions, So in resulte complet mods like Danwtrash and Dragoncum , Like filter out setting Houscarls disable no change for sex, same for guards and a quickkey to hey nice i like her/he so switch on. Mhh i hope i make clear what i think and ask about. In result Script reduce . Thinking about Highheels 2k scripts running and i have 2 female Followers Ahhh ok.. no clue... why.. so hope some one is add it. THX 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, HexBolt8 said:

You're not on AE, by chance?  This mod uses a DLL.  Beyond that, exposure is driven by nudity.  Are you around any naked NPCs?  Are you naked, or wearing torso apparel flagged as naked in this mod's MCM?  Just trying to rule out any obvious problems.

Hey so wanted to get you an update on this.

I needed to start a new save, the most obvious of obvious solutions. I just really didn't want to.
Probably Papyrus script save bloat.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REPLYING.
So many modders abandon LE stuff so I really appreciate your work and attentiveness on this.