5 hours ago, FO4Life said:

Hey, could anyone provide console commands for forcing bad boyfriend on NPC, and for resetting this. Thanks!

EDIT I did search for a while before posting.

Been a long time but they probably just have a keyword? _T_BadDaddy maybe. And no I ain't gonna look it up ?.  

Hey, I need some help. I just started using this mod so maybe I didn't install something I should have or perhaps I didn't set something up right, so far everything has worked except no animations are happening. The text choices are showing up but me and the NPC are just standings there and I can still walk around.

Edited by qazss
38 minutes ago, qazss said:

Hey, I need some help. I just started using this mod so maybe I didn't install something I should have or perhaps I didn't set something up right, so far everything has worked except no animations are happening. The text choices are showing up but me and the NPC are just standings there and I can still walk around.

You have a working AAF install?

55 minutes ago, qazss said:

Yes I have Advanced Animation Framework (AAF) - AAF Beta 161.1 from Nexus Mods and I use Vortex to manage my mods.

That's "an AAF install" but is it "a working AAF install?" That is to say, have you tested that you can play animations with AAF already, and ruled out a problem there?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

That's "an AAF install" but is it "a working AAF install?" That is to say, have you tested that you can play animations with AAF already, and ruled out a problem there?

Right, I might need help doing that.

8 minutes ago, qazss said:

Right, I might need help doing that.

This contains more help than you could ever hope for, and also recommends jumping into the help channels on the AAF Discord if you have questions or problems it doesn't cover:

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod so MUCH however, I want to add AI voice audio files for each dialog option.  I have no idea what I'm doing so I guess this is what I'm trying to do ....

To add sound to a dialogue line that has no sound in the Creation Kit, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Open the Creation Kit and load the mod or plugin file that contains the dialogue you want to add sound to.
  2. In the Object Window, navigate to the Dialogue Views category and expand it.
  3. Find the dialogue topic that contains the line you want to add sound to and double-click on it to open the Dialogue Topic window.
  4. In the Dialogue Topic window, find the dialogue line you want to add sound to and double-click on it to open the Dialogue Response window.
  5. In the Dialogue Response window, click on the Sound tab to open the sound settings.
  6. In the Sound tab, click on the folder icon next to the Filename field to open the sound browser.
  7. In the sound browser, navigate to the sound file you want to use for the dialogue line and select it.
  8. Once you have selected the sound file, click OK to close the sound browser.
  9. Back in the Dialogue Response window, set the Lip File field to the lip file associated with the sound file, if applicable.
  10. Click OK to close the Dialogue Response window and save your changes.
  11. Finally, save your plugin file and test the dialogue in the game to make sure the sound is working correctly.

The problem is I can't even get into the form in creation kit because I always crash when I double click the "_T_DialogueQuest" form 04000F99.  Not sure if theres a step I'm missing or what.  Please help!

Edited by bobsandwich
32 minutes ago, bobsandwich said:

I love this mod so MUCH however, I want to add AI voice audio files for each dialog option.  I have no idea what I'm doing so I guess this is what I'm trying to do ....

To add sound to a dialogue line that has no sound in the Creation Kit, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Open the Creation Kit and load the mod or plugin file that contains the dialogue you want to add sound to.
  3. Find the dialogue topic that contains the line you want to add sound to and double-click on it to open the Dialogue Topic window.
  4. In the Dialogue Topic window, find the dialogue line you want to add sound to and double-click on it to open the Dialogue Response window.
  5. In the Dialogue Response window, click on the Sound tab to open the sound settings.
  6. In the Sound tab, click on the folder icon next to the Filename field to open the sound browser.
  7. In the sound browser, navigate to the sound file you want to use for the dialogue line and select it.
  9. Back in the Dialogue Response window, set the Lip File field to the lip file associated with the sound file, if applicable.
  11. Finally, save your plugin file and test the dialogue in the game to make sure the sound is working correctly.

The problem is I can't even get into the form in creation kit because I always crash when I double click the "_T_DialogueQuest" form 04000F99.  Not sure if theres a step I'm missing or what.  Please help!

I'm not exactly pro AI voices, but even if I was I'd think this was not worth the effort, because of how many lines Hardship has... though compared to my Skyrim mod it now seems quaint (NMS is at 9500+ lines now) That said your sample is pretty good! So if you're actually insane enough to attempt this then I wish you luck. I just ask that you add a disclaimer to your mod page that says that I have no direct involvement and don't endorse the project. (I believe a serious reckoning is coming for AI tools like these in the future) 

I'm sorry. I can't help you with your CK crashing issue. Mine doesn't crash obviously, though the FO4 CK is super garbage so I really hate opening it (Especially after using the one for Skyrim SE for the last year) Maybe look on the nexus for one of the CK fixes "mods" that might help you.  You probably also need to unzip the archive so that the CK can see the existing voice lines. The ones that aren't player lines are all using one custom voice currently for the most efficient lipsynching/camera solution... so I am not sure how that will hinder your efforts.

Edited by Tentacus

I opened creation kit with admin account and turned off firewall and it stopped crashing. 

yes definitely I'll  put  a disclaimer on it if shared out, going to see how to build it out.  Thanks Tentacus this is my fav mod

Edited by bobsandwich
2 hours ago, bobsandwich said:

Well, i never used this method (or know about it)
image.png.69b9f9b0446f3b70f7b17dfa7660c29f.png

Do you see the file path ? you just have to create the same path in your data folder and put the voice files in it after renaming them with the corresponding ID (Voice File Name) in this exemple, it's "00081CF_2". Don't mind the extension ".xwm", 16 bit mono .wav and .fuz work just fine. There is some tools and tutorials on how to batch generate lip files or you can use CK 32bit for them. 
Take a look at other voice patchs and see how they work (one folder per voicetype...).

PS

1. In the Object Window, navigate to the Dialogue Views category and expand it.

You sure there is a "Dialogue View" category in the object window !!!

Edited by lee3310

Any progress on the voice packs? i was looking into it myself since i've made some for skyrim using xvasynth, but actors in this mod seem to have some own voice type assigned "_T_GenericVoice" which makes it confusing for me. I usualy went with DoubleCheeseburgers method and script to batch generate the files but that would actors require to use regular voice types. i'm a bit lost on how to get it to work with that "_T_GenericVoice".... only option i see would be to manually create and set every single voice file.... and i'm not THAT much of a masochist ?

Edited by Vyru
22 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Any progress on the voice packs? i was looking into it myself since i've made some for skyrim using xvasynth, but actors in this mod seem to have some own voice type assigned "_T_GenericVoice" which makes it confusing for me. I usualy went with DoubleCheeseburgers method and script to batch generate the files but that would actors require to use regular voice types. i'm a bit lost on how to get it to work with that "_T_GenericVoice".... only option i see would be to manually create and set every single voice file.... and i'm not THAT much of a masochist ?

I don't remember how Hardship is configured but if the "forced" flag is set in the alias then you can't use more than one voicetype. So first thing to do is to remove it and then, you can generate Voice files based on vanilla voiceTypes and not "_T_GenericVoice":

Set voiceType in all aliases to "exported" and create Voice files for (Nate, Nora, malEvenTone, maleBoston, BoS, Gunner...)

17 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I don't remember how Hardship is configured but if the "forced" flag is set in the alias then you can't use more than one voicetype. So first thing to do is to remove it and then, you can generate Voice files based on vanilla voiceTypes and not "_T_GenericVoice":

Set voiceType in all aliases to "exported" and create Voice files for (Nate, Nora, malEvenTone, maleBoston, BoS, Gunner...)

Never done that before nor seen any mod using it's own voice type like that. Where would i have to remove the flag? And wouldn't i have to assign vanilla voice types to each actor first before generating the files?

Edited by Vyru
33 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Never done that before nor seen any mod using it's own voice type like that. Where would i have to remove the flag? And wouldn't i have to assign vanilla voice types to each actor first before generating the files?

No, you just have to create the correct folder/path for each voicetype (should be automated if using xvasynth).

i don't have Hardship installed ATM so need confirmation on the forced flag.

2023-03-20.png

10 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

No, you just have to create the correct folder/path for each voicetype (should be automated if using xvasynth).

i don't have Hardship installed ATM so need confirmation on the forced flag.

2023-03-20.png

aah i see! thank you i'll give it a try later ?

Edited by Vyru

If the scripted process you use to create the voices runs in X-Edit there is an extraordinarily good chance that it will scramble all the dialogue topics and break the mod completely. so have fun with that. :D 

All the non player characters use a single voice because that massively lessened the number of silent voice lip flap files I had to include and massively MASSIVELY reduced the file size. Yet another reason why it's infinitely easier to make mods for Skyrim where Fuz Roh D'oh actually works.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

If the scripted process you use to create the voices runs in X-Edit there is an extraordinarily good chance that it will scramble all the dialogue topics and break the mod completely. so have fun with that. :D 

All the non player characters use a single voice because that massively lessened the number of silent voice lip flap files I had to include and massively MASSIVELY reduced the file size. Yet another reason why it's infinitely easier to make mods for Skyrim where Fuz Roh D'oh actually works.

AFAIK, there is no xedit involved in the process. XvaSynth will create a folder for each voiceType selected (maleRough, maleEvenToned, maleBoston, PlayerVoiceMale01, PlayerVoiceFemale01...) then you just have to put them under \Data\Sound\Voice\Hardship.esp\.(replace the empty voice files used for generating .lip)

PS

Fo4 Fuz Roh D'oh works too ? (didn't pay much attention to it)

4 hours ago, Vyru said:

aah i see! thank you i'll give it a try later ?

Edited by lee3310
4 hours ago, lee3310 said:

AFAIK, there is no xedit involved in the process. XvaSynth will create a folder for each voiceType selected (maleRough, maleEvenToned, maleBoston, PlayerVoiceMale01, PlayerVoiceFemale01...) then you just have to put them under \Data\Sound\Voice\Hardship.esp\.(replace the empty voice files used for generating .lip)

PS

Fo4 Fuz Roh D'oh works too ? (didn't pay much attention to it)

xEdit is involved as far as DoubleCheeseburgers script goes, since it's extracting the dialogue lines via xEdit but that's it. @Tentacus i don't see how that'd break the mod. I'll have to manually edit the scrip to assign all the FO4 voices, DoubleCheeseburger's blueprint only includes skyrim voices, i'll give it a try when i got some time. The mod is amazing btw, so thanks! would really love to have it voiced for immersion ?

9 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Yet another reason why it's infinitely easier to make mods for Skyrim where Fuz Roh D'oh actually works.

The latest version works great with Fallout4. I've deleted a shit ton of silent voice files from several mods. Literally deleting the files is all it takes and bam.. gigs of space saved and ever so slightly faster dialogue skipping.

16 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

The latest version works great with Fallout4. I've deleted a shit ton of silent voice files from several mods. Literally deleting the files is all it takes and bam.. gigs of space saved and ever so slightly faster dialogue skipping.

Yeah, it was broken for ages, and unfortunately didn't get fixed properly until after Tentacus retired from FO4 modding.

8 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, it was broken for ages, and unfortunately didn't get fixed properly until after Tentacus retired from FO4 modding.

Well... Fallout 4 modding... :D Though my Skyrim burnout is in effect so after I wrap NMS it's at least a hiatus.

4 hours ago, Vyru said:

xEdit is involved as far as DoubleCheeseburgers script goes, since it's extracting the dialogue lines via xEdit but that's it. @Tentacus i don't see how that'd break the mod. I'll have to manually edit the scrip to assign all the FO4 voices, DoubleCheeseburger's blueprint only includes skyrim voices, i'll give it a try when i got some time. The mod is amazing btw, so thanks! would really love to have it voiced for immersion ?

If the script doesn't alter the esp itself you will be fine yeah... but any script that alters (saves) an esp that has dialogue... and the dialogue relies on order  then *big fart sound*. I have rebuilt the TSEX version of Hardship TWICE from scratch, reordering the topics manually because I was too stupid to get the message the first time and worked on it significantly after each time before noticing.

Edited by Tentacus
9 hours ago, Tentacus said:

If the script doesn't alter the esp itself you will be fine yeah... but any script that alters (saves) an esp that has dialogue... and the dialogue relies on order  then *big fart sound*. I have rebuilt the TSEX version of Hardship TWICE from scratch, reordering the topics manually because I was too stupid to get the message the first time and worked on it significantly after each time before noticing.

No i don't think it changes or saves anything, it just extracts dialogue for xvasynth to create the files. I don't know about Fuz Roh D'oh i'm fairly new to FO4 modding. Gonna edit the script now and give it a try. Worst thing that can happen is it wont work, as far as the mod goes i can just re-instal if anything breaks. My main concern is if just changing the flag like lee said really does the trick... we'll see.

17 minutes ago, Vyru said:

I don't know about Fuz Roh D'oh

F4z Ro D-oh is a mod to autogenerate silent lipfiles on the fly, so that mods don't have to embed tons of empty voice data, useful since the majority of mods with dialogue don't have actual recorded voices to go along with them. It saves on mod archive size, disk consumption, load time and so on.