22 minutes ago, Vyru said:

No i don't think it changes or saves anything, it just extracts dialogue for xvasynth to create the files. I don't know about Fuz Roh D'oh i'm fairly new to FO4 modding. Gonna edit the script now and give it a try. Worst thing that can happen is it wont work, as far as the mod goes i can just re-instal if anything breaks. My main concern is if just changing the flag like lee said really does the trick... we'll see.

By editing the script you mean "SetOverrideVoiceType()" to each actor involved in a scene and remove it afterward ? well i didn't want to propose that option because it requires editing HS scripts (hard to make a patch when you have to edit the base mod script).

Edited by lee3310
5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

F4z Ro D-oh is a mod to autogenerate silent lipfiles on the fly, so that mods don't have to embed tons of empty voice data, useful since the majority of mods with dialogue don't have actual recorded voices to go along with them. It saves on mod archive size, disk consumption, load time and so on.

I do know what it is, i know my stuff when it comes to skyrim modding, i just don't know to what extend it is broken in fo4

1 minute ago, Vyru said:

I do know what it is, i know my stuff when it comes to skyrim modding, i just don't know to what extend it is broken in fo4

It isn't broken any longer. For a while though, it was preventing subtitles for the player's lines from being displayed. The author (finally) fixed it last year.

8 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

By editing the script you mean "SetOverrideVoiceType()" to each actor involved in a scene and remove it afterward ? well i didn't want to propose that option because it requires editing HS scripts (hard to make a patch when you have to edit the base mod script).

No the scrip needs to have voice types set to batch generate the files, so xvasynth "knows" what to use and DoubleCheeseburgers blueprint is set for skyrim voices.

Screenshot_1.png

ust one more thing before i start... wouldn't changing tha alias flag mean i'd have to upload the whole esp again? would it work out of the box for people downloading the voice files when the flag isn't removed in their hardship? Also i'm confused again  since i did remove the flags but in actors tab they still have the _T_GenericVoice assigned... as long as that's the case xvasynth can't create files.

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Vyru
10 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Just one more thing before i start... wouldn't changing tha alias flag mean i'd have to upload the whole esp again? would it work out of the box for people downloading the voice files when the flag isn't removed in their hardship?

If you need to remove the flag then you will have to ship a new plugin with your mod (remove the flags and saveAs new plugin in CK or new esp flagged as esl in xedit)

15 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Also i'm confused again  since i did remove the flags but in actors tab they still have the _T_GenericVoice assigned... as long as that's the case xvasynth can't create files.

Actor tab ? hardship add NPC to the game ? i need to download the mod. 

1 minute ago, lee3310 said:

Actor tab ? hardship add NPC to the game ? i need to download the mod. 

Yes it does... that's why i had doubts removing the flag would be enough. To use the script for batch generating voices all NPC's must have a vanilla voice type assigned. With the _T_GenericVoice it's impossible to just batch generate them and editing the script would be a waste of time. Only option i see would be creating files for every single line manually and doing that i could just as well go count sand grains on a beach ?

8 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Yes it does... that's why i had doubts removing the flag would be enough. To use the script for batch generating voices all NPC's must have a vanilla voice type assigned. With the _T_GenericVoice it's impossible to just batch generate them and editing the script would be a waste of time. Only option i see would be creating files for every single line manually and doing that i could just as well go count sand grains on a beach ?

oh, i see now the pimps (how could i forget them ?). you have two option here:
Since you are going to make your own plugin patch anyway, you can give those actors a vanilla voice type (femaleRoughtn maleboston...) or add 4 new voicetypes for them (3 with _T_Generic voice) .

Edited by lee3310
10 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

oh, i see now the pimps (how could i forget them ?). you have two option here:
Since you are going to make your own plugin patch anyway, you can give those actors a vanilla voice type (femaleRoughtn maleboston...) or add 4 new voicetypes for them (3 with _T_Generic voice) .
No, Just give them any vanilla voicetype you want and save all your changes in a new plugin.

Are you sure it will just work like that? I don't think it will because every line of dialogue is linked to the _T_GenericVoice. Just changing the voice type in actors tab wouldn't change the voice type assigned to the dialogue lines.

Edit: nevermid you're right it just might work imma try now.

Edited by Vyru
17 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Are you sure it will just work like that? I don't think it will because every line of dialogue is linked to the _T_GenericVoice. Just changing the voice type in actors tab wouldn't change the voice type assigned to the dialogue lines.

I don't know how your xedit script exports the quest dialogues so i can't help any further (trial and error from here). From a quick look, it's based on VoiceTypes which is problematic since there is only one in HS. The end result here: is to have a bunch of NPCs listed as possible candidate for each Topic (and they will be able to use vanilla voices after removing the forced flag) and create voice files for them (each VoiceType will have it's own folder).

There is another approach, like the one used by Human Resources voice patch consisting in creating new voiceTypes (10 female and 10 male e.g) then using SetOverrideVoiceType() to give the NPC a random voicetype before each scene (not easy to implement but you don't have to create voice files for all vanilla voicetypes, only the one you added)

Edited by lee3310
5 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I don't know how your xedit script exports the quest dialogues so i can't help any further (trial and error from here). From a quick look, it's based on VoiceTypes which is problematic since there is only one in HS. The end result here: is to have a bunch of NPCs listed as possible candidate for each Topic (which will happen after removing the forced flag) and create voice files for them (each VoiceType will have it's own folder).

There is another approach, like the one used by Human Resources voice patch consisting in creating new voiceTypes (10 female and 10 male e.g) then using SetOverrideVoiceType() to give the NPC a random voicetype before each scene (not easy to implement but you don't have to create voice files for all vanilla voicetypes, only the one you added)

it seems the list of vanilla voice types provided for xvasynth FO4 is not as complete as for skyrim, a lot are missing. for now i'll try to generate voices for nate, nora and pimps and see if that works. if that goes well i see what i can do for customers later.

28 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I don't know how your xedit script exports the quest dialogues so i can't help any further (trial and error from here). From a quick look, it's based on VoiceTypes which is problematic since there is only one in HS.

The export itself is not based on voice types as far as i can tell. Do you know the submissive lola mod for skyrim? I changed every line saying "lola" with my name then made it completley voiced and it worked perfectly fine. since that mod can be used on any follower including unique ones the export can't be based on or limited to voice types.

Update: the export is working like a charm

Screenshot_5.png.42e3cd50c0814671714af09328cf6e8b.png

The only problem i see now is still how to assign the voice types to every single dialogue line.... 

Edited by Vyru

Ok i give up... it's like i thought and there is no simple way to set the files since every dialogue line is assigned to some file in the _T_GenericVoice folder. If someone knows a way to do it without editing every single dialogue line i'm happy to generate the voice files again... just let me know which voice types you want. 

1 hour ago, Vyru said:

every dialogue line is assigned to some file in the _T_GenericVoice folder

That's why i told you that the first thing to do, is to remove the forced flag in the aliases. Here's a before and after removing the flag:
601284384_2023-03-21(1).png.ef7f2501049ee17717f17874f1088de6.png2023-03-21.png.726145e36eca80470dc82446ed630cb2.png

You see all the new folder paths unlocked ? now you have to generate voice files for the one you want (the rest will just have silent dialogues)

Edited by lee3310
46 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

That's why i told you that the first thing to do, is to remove the forced flag in the aliases. Here's a before and after removing the flag:
601284384_2023-03-21(1).png.ef7f2501049ee17717f17874f1088de6.png2023-03-21.png.726145e36eca80470dc82446ed630cb2.png

You see all the new folder paths unlocked ? now you have to generate voice files for the one you want (the rest will just have silent dialogues)

AAH now i get it sorry i'm a idiot haha... i'm running xvasynth again ?

Screenshot_1.png

7 hours ago, lee3310 said:

welp... i don't know what the problem is now but when i remove the flag i don't get any paths at all

Screenshot_1.png

Edit: apparently it's just for isabel which makes it even more weird.... checked some marge dialogue and there it works.....

Screenshot_2.png.cf16ccf82bdb2a3f65badcd0f62b478c.png

Edit 2: For some lines it shows only _T_GenericVoice again....

Screenshot_3.png.c9b5c591970f4bcb0d5813c98ef32a11.png

I'm completley lost lmao

Edit 3: Ok so... it seems for every dialogue i chose an actor and click a line i do get voice path's

Screenshot_5.png.6b6937330c7d715502a832f969754df6.png Working

When i chose dialogue quest i'm not getting them

Screenshot_4.png.e2fd8ca5770d4d42c656ca6203a93fb4.png Not working

I have no clue how to fix that...

Edited by Vyru
14 hours ago, Vyru said:

Yeah, you'll have to give each of the 4 (?) Added NPCs a new or Vanilla voice type. Definitely need to upload a new plugin with your mod or a patch that just changes those forms, but that shouldn't be an issue since Hardship is stable.

8 hours ago, Vyru said:

welp... i don't know what the problem is now but when i remove the flag i don't get any paths at all

Screenshot_1.png

Edit: apparently it's just for isabel which makes it even more weird.... checked some marge dialogue and there it works.....

Screenshot_2.png.cf16ccf82bdb2a3f65badcd0f62b478c.png

Edit 2: For some lines it shows only _T_GenericVoice again....

Screenshot_3.png.c9b5c591970f4bcb0d5813c98ef32a11.png

I'm completley lost lmao

Edit 3: Ok so... it seems for every dialogue i chose an actor and click a line i do get voice path's

Screenshot_5.png.6b6937330c7d715502a832f969754df6.png Working

When i chose dialogue quest i'm not getting them

Screenshot_4.png.e2fd8ca5770d4d42c656ca6203a93fb4.png Not working

I have no clue how to fix that...

Pimps dialogues are restricted by conditions, so no one else can say their lines and you already know that they have _T_GenericVoice  per default (in the actor object itself not the alias). You have to change that (give "femaleRough" or "FemaleRaider" to Isabel, and "FemaleOld" to marge for exemple...) 

PS

Don't forget to save your changes or the new voice paths won't appear in the window.

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

You have to change that (give "femaleRough" or "FemaleRaider" to Isabel, and "FemaleOld" to marge for exemple...) 

Done that of course... and saved the changes too... it seems that's not the issue. like i said in the post before some lines get paths others don't even for the same actors. 

Example: 

Screenshot_1.png.144c517c14415cde9c4d54a0e8932e06.png

Screenshot_2.png.904d569a052fc9b6f5ed3a093ce069ad.png

Both of them are for isabel.

It's got something to do with the way the mod is built. I made a voice pack for raider pet just to check if i'm too dumb and it worked perfectly fine just like any skyrim voice pack i ever made.

I definitly made sure to always confirm and click ok even open each window again to see if changes are still there. Assigned voice types to actors which worked for the dialogue that got paths. those that didn't get them are mostly starting conversations.  i don't know what else to try, playing the mod partly voiced is even worse than none at all, not gonna use it like that let alone uploading it. if you wanna give it a try i can give you the files, i'm currently running xvasynth making some more voice types.

Screenshot_3.png.51abb891be79379f50c4f14d351adcf5.png

If you don't want to try maybe someone else will... i really don't see what else i could try. 

19 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Done that of course... and saved the changes too... it seems that's not the issue. like i said in the post before some lines get paths others don't even for the same actors. 

Example: 

Screenshot_1.png.144c517c14415cde9c4d54a0e8932e06.png

Screenshot_2.png.904d569a052fc9b6f5ed3a093ce069ad.png

Both of them are for isabel.

It's got something to do with the way the mod is built. I made a voice pack for raider pet just to check if i'm too dumb and it worked perfectly fine just like any skyrim voice pack i ever made.

I definitly made sure to always confirm and click ok even open each window again to see if changes are still there. Assigned voice types to actors which worked for the dialogue that got paths. those that didn't get them are mostly starting conversations.  i don't know what else to try, playing the mod partly voiced is even worse than none at all, not gonna use it like that let alone uploading it. if you wanna give it a try i can give you the files, i'm currently running xvasynth making some more voice types.

Screenshot_3.png.51abb891be79379f50c4f14d351adcf5.png

If you don't want to try maybe someone else will... i really don't see what else i could try. 

Ok, before sending the files you can do a simple test: open the dialogue that doesn't have any path and delete all the conditions in it before opening the topic window (where all the paths are listed) and do not save.  If you are able to see the voiceTypes again after removing all the conditions then you have nothing to worry about, just generate the voiceFile, give it the same name/ID as the topic and it will work in game. 

Edited by lee3310
18 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Ok i did the test myself and as i thought it's working, so don't worry about it the voice will work for that kind of dialogues (again, do not delete the conditions and save, it just a test) 

it didn't work for me ingame... most of the dialogue when you meet isabel first time was not voiced until submitting to her, then some stuff was voiced. anyway i was up for like 20 hours and need some sleep. gonna finish the rest of the files tomorrow, it's more than i thought... arround 10k already. 

5 hours ago, Vyru said:

it didn't work for me ingame... most of the dialogue when you meet isabel first time was not voiced until submitting to her, then some stuff was voiced.

-Delete the conditions and to make sure that the path and file name are correct (then click cancel not ok).

-Make sure Isabel has the appropriate VoiceType.
-If you created and ESL flagged ESP or "light plugin", add an "Override Filename" to the silent dialogue(s). In case the voice file in question is "0005322_1" add in Topic Info window >> Override Filename (it's on the right side, under Subtitle Priority) >> "0005322"

14 hours ago, lee3310 said:

-Delete the conditions and to make sure that the path and file name are correct (then click cancel not ok).

-Make sure Isabel has the appropriate VoiceType.
-If you created and ESL flagged ESP or "light plugin", add an "Override Filename" to the silent dialogue(s). In case the voice file in question is "0005322_1" add in Topic Info window >> Override Filename (it's on the right side, under Subtitle Priority) >> "0005322"

Oh boi... i found the error and it's so ridiculous.... it wasn't the esp but xvasynth named some files wrong.... but i only noticed thanks to you when i was checking conditions! 

for some files it put _T_DialogueQuest__ in front when it shouldn't..... 

Screenshot_6.png.b0eab2ee8f187a33e7bcd3d235cffce6.png

Screenshot_5.png.15ce5164cd9d1145d9e4f17959e8df70.png

Guess stuff like that happens when a mod has already placeholder voice files assigned... 

Gonna use powershell to batch remove and then run another test but first i finish the remaining voice files... should be done in like a hour or so. 

Off topic: opening xvasynth to check progress gave me a little giggle 

Screenshot_4.png.eb2fcad2f78e31267c2c29050b7b4bcd.png

c4c33314dd2f20622ebd855ba9f93f24.jpg.30dd746c2513dbb64dd3afded668b19c.jpg

Update: theres even more misnamed files but i'm currently fixing it.

Screenshot_1.png.ecc0fd506d5a94f4ccb4e2f21a2d8ee7.png

Edited by Vyru

Okay i finally got it to work! 

....mostly at least. 

23 hours ago, Vyru said:

it didn't work for me ingame... most of the dialogue when you meet isabel first time was not voiced until submitting to her, then some stuff was voiced.

This happened because for some reason the script to extract dialogue failed to get all of it. There's nothing i can do about that. So there will remain some unvoiced dialogue. 

To be precise all lines linked to the files in the original _T_GenericVoice folder ending with "_2" or "_3" did not get extracted by the script for whatever reason. 

Screenshot_3.png.f2eafbe636b911423dea312d8caceaa5.png 

But 1. these are not too many... maybe like 30 something lines and 2. my folders contain 1500+ voice files per voice type so it should still cover a most of the dialogue.

HUGE thanks to @lee3310 for all your help!!!!

By the way...

16 hours ago, lee3310 said:

If you created and ESL flagged ESP or "light plugin", add an "Override Filename" to the silent dialogue(s). In case the voice file in question is "0005322_1" add in Topic Info window >> Override Filename (it's on the right side, under Subtitle Priority) >> "0005322"

i started doing this but it would have been just as much work as setting every file manually so i found a workarround using powershell again to rename the files to "_1"

Screenshot_2.png.161296ace37fa932e0fddfb4fbe8891c.png

But just in case you think the reason for the missing voice files could be adding only the "_1" suffix - it's not. the files really are missing completley i double checked:

Screenshot_4.png.0236a0fa8dac438a34a5d88e0a170869.png

Like i mentioned before, i don't see anything i could do about this. DoubleCheeseburgers script usualy works very smooth but Hardship really lived up to it's name when it comes to creating a voice pack for it (no offense @Tentacus i love the mod, otherwise i wouldn't have worked almost 3 full days to finish this!)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/26326-voice-pack-for-aaf-hardship/

Edited by Vyru