A somewhat technical question: besides the internal mod xmls, does the mod simply pick any of the animations from the regular xmls like SavageCabbage at random, or is there an internal list of allowed animations? Or does it simply use tags? I'm currently making my own "ultimate" Fallout with a custom skeleton and custom SAM adjusted animations specifically for my character and I'm delving fairly deep into modifying the Hardship xmls too, but I find that there isn't a whole lot of variety in the animations that get chosen even if I add the hardship tags to the regular Leito and SC animation xmls.

4 hours ago, red-forest said:

A somewhat technical question: besides the internal mod xmls, does the mod simply pick any of the animations from the regular xmls like SavageCabbage at random, or is there an internal list of allowed animations? Or does it simply use tags? I'm currently making my own "ultimate" Fallout with a custom skeleton and custom SAM adjusted animations specifically for my character and I'm delving fairly deep into modifying the Hardship xmls too, but I find that there isn't a whole lot of variety in the animations that get chosen even if I add the hardship tags to the regular Leito and SC animation xmls.

This version ONLY uses it's internal XMLs AND Staged Leito Plus. This is a callback to some community drama where the way Ulfs XMLs were changed to work broke a lot of the way my scripts worked (which is pretty unique) So I went to the rather extreme touble of making my own XML sets for the most appriate animations for the required/supported animation packs. 

Downside, not every single anim is in there, upside I made several custom versions of my own that aren't available elsewhere like some strapon anims where they didn't exist.  My XMLs don't block other XMLs though so you can still have all of Ulfs XMLs installed for other mods, EXCEPT LEITO.

Since I had to change a bunch of the scripts a lot for TSEX the TSEX version again supports ULF's XMLs, and primarily uses tags. IIRC it doesn't even requuire SLP, since ULF includes my FF Leito XMLs in his DL, now.

I tell ya the lack of having to worry about so much compatibility BS is a big reason why my Skyrim mod got put together and became much/much larger content wise than Hardship in 1/3 the time.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:48 PM, gsaballus2 said:

hey, so i have the extra animations downloaded and enabled (i'm using Vortex) and it's reading that i have all of them installed but for some reason it's not letting me check the box for the cunnilingus (rufgt) xml's. like the box isn't greyed out as if i don't have it installed, it just doesn't check the box when i click it..

Make sure you downloaded the right esp, the one for Rufgt's old animations. and make sure it's selected in the plugin list. I don't provide support for Vortex cause I can't stand it, sorry.

Edited by Tentacus
On 4/17/2023 at 3:48 AM, gsaballus2 said:

hey, so i have the extra animations downloaded and enabled (i'm using Vortex) and it's reading that i have all of them installed but for some reason it's not letting me check the box for the cunnilingus (rufgt) xml's. like the box isn't greyed out as if i don't have it installed, it just doesn't check the box when i click it..

Make sure you have the correct mod installed. In Vortex it shows up for me as "Atomic Lust - Rufgt's Old Animations" under the mods view, and in the plugins view it provides "rufgt's animations.esp" which should be active. Make sure you "deploy" in Vortex after installing that animation pack before installing Hardship, since it's possible the FOMOD installer isn't seeing the plugin available yet.

11 hours ago, Tentacus said:

This version ONLY uses it's internal XMLs AND Staged Leito Plus. This is a callback to some community drama where the way Ulfs XMLs were changed to work broke a lot of the way my scripts worked (which is pretty unique) So I went to the rather extreme touble of making my own XML sets for the most appriate animations for the required/supported animation packs. 

Downside, not every single anim is in there, upside I made several custom versions of my own that aren't available elsewhere like some strapon anims where they didn't exist.  My XMLs don't block other XMLs though so you can still have all of Ulfs XMLs installed for other mods, EXCEPT LEITO.

Since I had to change a bunch of the scripts a lot for TSEX the TSEX version again supports ULF's XMLs, and primarily uses tags. IIRC it doesn't even requuire SLP, since ULF includes my FF Leito XMLs in his DL, now.

I tell ya the lack of having to worry about so much compatibility BS is a big reason why my Skyrim mod got put together and became much/much larger content wise than Hardship in 1/3 the time.

Ah, that explains a lot, thank you for the reply. Since I'm essentially modifying most of the SavageCabbage and Leito animations with SAM, I've just started putting the animations into the Hardship XMLs manually so they get called up correctly--seems to be working splendidly, although it is quite labor intensive. The biggest downside is that, due to the using custom adjustments on animations, I can't actually used staged leito, but oh well.

Unfortunately Tsex breaks my AAF due to the adjustments so I've just stuck with the original Hardship. I'm also way too deep into modification of the Hardship xmls to be bothered with diagnosing Tsex issues and then moving everything over.

Edited by red-forest
13 minutes ago, Mo-chii said:

i for the life of me can't get the whoring to work. is there something that's blocking it? all the other stuff seems to work otherwise, but no extra dialogue options to beg or sex. 

You have to toggle Beggar/Whore dialogue mode on, did you do that? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, there's a menu activator item in your inventory which will pop up a list of options when you use it, and one of them is for switching those dialogue options on and off.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

You have to toggle Beggar/Whore dialogue mode on, did you do that? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, there's a menu activator item in your inventory which will pop up a list of options when you use it, and one of them is for switching those dialogue options on and off.

i did enable it but nothing. it worked once, i tried resetting the dialogue but nothing on any of the npcs

17 hours ago, Mo-chii said:

i did enable it but nothing. it worked once, i tried resetting the dialogue but nothing on any of the npcs

I think this may be the same issue as sexual harassment. I had to edit the esl to add the crimes against nature race as a target. Though things like yhe guards still work fine so im not sure. 

I got bored within a few hours of starting the new game. I expected something like Nuka Ride or Commonwealth Slavers. Sir, you should recommend play this mod combined with others Mods, like the Bleachers or Outcasts and Remnants, etc.  The vanilla story is something i don't touch because is boring and awful. 
I want to give a try to your mod and i want to try Horizon Mod, with other Quest/story Mod. There're no compativility issues with Horizon?

Thanks a lot for the mod, it's wonderful! 
And I also have a question: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but Queen Isabella disappeared. She is not in Dugout Inn anymore, and I can't find her anywhere in Diamond City. What is the way to get her back or where should I find her now?

1 hour ago, NihilObsessed said:

Thanks a lot for the mod, it's wonderful! 
And I also have a question: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but Queen Isabella disappeared. She is not in Dugout Inn anymore, and I can't find her anywhere in Diamond City. What is the way to get her back or where should I find her now?

Her path often has her sit in the office at the Inn.

Hey everyone. So there’s an issue I’ve been having with this issue after first installing this. After it was all setup it worked fine. And I continued playing with it installed perfectly fine. Unfortunately though. After the first sex scene I had in the game. My character basically turned blind and I can’t see anything anymore. It’s just black. But with the hud and pipboy. I’ve quit the game, restarted my computer but everything after that sex scene is completely black. And I don’t have many saves before this. If anyone has any advice that would be great. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Ryansinclair said:

Hey everyone. So there’s an issue I’ve been having with this issue after first installing this. After it was all setup it worked fine. And I continued playing with it installed perfectly fine. Unfortunately though. After the first sex scene I had in the game. My character basically turned blind and I can’t see anything anymore. It’s just black. But with the hud and pipboy. I’ve quit the game, restarted my computer but everything after that sex scene is completely black. And I don’t have many saves before this. If anyone has any advice that would be great. Thanks 

Sadly, my advice is to save more often. It's possible that there is a spot in one of the scripts where the fade to black for the pop up dialogue doesn't get dispelled properly but it must be exceedingly rare since it never happened to me in hundreds of hours of playing. It's possible even with the copious amount of waits I added that script lag caused the remove procedure to not happen which can happen to any mod.

But yes when playing any heavy modlist you should save more often. Even with vanilla F04 you never know when a corrupt texture or some other BS might just crash your game. Maybe @requiredname65 or someone else knows a way to clear the imod with the console, but I do not. 

Edited by Tentacus

Sure, there's a way to call functions in scripts that are attached to quests from console. This is the console command to do so:

CallQuestFunction "<questid>" "<function name including namespace>" <args for function call (see source for these) with correct types in correct order separated by spaces>*

Where questid could be a editorid or formid. So it should be something like this assuming questnames and such aren't changed from last time I took a look in couple of years ago:

CallQuestFunction _T_DialogueQuest "Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_Functions.ToggleMessageBG" false 1.0

But if this happens then there's a none zero chance that the scene failed to complete successfully and there might be a bad state going forward, after recovering from this, the next scene may behave in a strange manner.

But it should clear up after that. Root cause is probably a case where call to remove the fadeout is inside a if block while call to apply to fadeout was not not, meaning that there's a chance that fadeout removal is not called.

If stuck fadeouts are becoming a problem there's easier way where relevant call is added as a button in the MCM menu, like this

... rest of the config      
"pageDisplayName": "Utilities",
"content": [
  {
    "text": "<font size='24'><b>Debugging</b></font>",
    "html": true,
    "type": "section"
  },
  {
    "text": "Remove stuck black screen",
    "type": "button",
    "action": {
      "type": "CallFunction",
      "form": "TSEX.esm|1ED2",
      "scriptName": "Tentacus:TSEX:_T_TSEXFunctions",
      "function": "ToggleMessageBG",
      "params": [false, 1.0]
    }
  },
... rest of the config

Edited by requiredname65
Added a example on how to do this via MCM menu button for authors

It also occurs to me that the AAF fadeout is false. It is in DATA/AAF/AAF_Settings.ini. By default it is activated -and it is recommended-. Disabling it causes the same commented behavior.

fadeout_during_lock = true

5 hours ago, Ryansinclair said:

One thing you could try is just hitting the Enter key in case it's a text box that stayed up during the black scene, But it might be a long shot since if you're able to go to your pipboy that might not be the problem.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:34 PM, Mo-chii said:

I think this may be the same issue as sexual harassment. I had to edit the esl to add the crimes against nature race as a target. Though things like yhe guards still work fine so im not sure. 

anyone have a fix? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, been using this mod a while so thanks for making it. One question though: is there anyway to make Hardship recognise a female character as male? It's asier to make a sorta twinky femboy with Nora and use the Futa FEV mod than make Nate look vaguely girly in the slightest. Thanks in advance.

On 5/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, Cumpleanos said:

Hey, been using this mod a while so thanks for making it. One question though: is there anyway to make Hardship recognise a female character as male? It's asier to make a sorta twinky femboy with Nora and use the Futa FEV mod than make Nate look vaguely girly in the slightest. Thanks in advance.

No idea.

34 minutes ago, nfzodd said:

Hello, love the mod! I was wondering how exactly the breast/butt bimbo morphs work in regard to size. Is there a maximum size your breasts will get, or will they just keep increasing? I'm not exactly sure what the "Breas Morph Max" means, is it the maximum size your breasts can reach in total, or is it the maximum size increase you can get per sex? I hope this makes sense. Thanks

None of those things have anything to do with this mod. I think you're in the wrong Forum. :) 

42 minutes ago, nfzodd said:

Hello, love the mod! I was wondering how exactly the breast/butt bimbo morphs work in regard to size. Is there a maximum size your breasts will get, or will they just keep increasing? I'm not exactly sure what the "Breas Morph Max" means, is it the maximum size your breasts can reach in total, or is it the maximum size increase you can get per sex? I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Are you sure you're not thinking of Sexual Harassment? I don't remember Hardship having any bimbo morphs, nor controls for setting breast sizes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, katrina.balanchuk said:

BD does not seem to ask to take my characters caps anymore.

The first 2 days he did but now I just interact with him in various pimp appropriate dialogue.

I have less than 300 caps and I wanted to see what happens if I dont have a lot of caps.

In goodneigthbor the pickins are slim and traveling to diamond city is a bit unimmersive ( since it would be too dangerous to use w/o fast travel)

I have done it when I needed caps but like to avoid it.

Anyway I been resting /waiting sleeping for 2 days now and BD still does not demand my caps when I approach him (just sex)

Any solution to this? I have the same thing with Queen Isabel.

21 minutes ago, APCMan said:

Any solution to this? I have the same thing with Queen Isabel.

I had advewntures with both BD and Isbael (at differnet times of course, BD is in Third Rail in Goodneighbor))

After it seemed broke for a while, eventually both would take my caps again...

Edited by katrina.balanchuk