Just a heads up from some fixable issues I ran into. There is a conflict with 2 mods: dagi_raht_race.esp and EnchancedCharacterEdit.esp

Both cause the hair selection to break; cannot change hair while displaying blanks with extremely high numeric values. Solved problem with dagi_raht_race by placing it above Drow mod. For ECE, turn it off as Drow mod already has eye tilt and nose width function. I use ECE for other races that do not have the tilt and width option...just keep forgetting to turn it off when I play the Drow.  :-/

Anyone know a fix for this?

I don't really want to remove Enhanced Character Edit, pretty much a must have mod.

• 4 weeks later...

So Um, Been using Zazamel drow for a while, got an older version of this one to fix dawnguard, worked for a bit, needed to do a reinstall.
(had to make a new account, forgot email and pw)

Now when I try to dl this, i get a broken archive.
It says it's 48 Kb instead of 48 Mb.
Is it just me or is it the file itself?

So Um, Been using Zazamel drow for a while, got an older version of this one to fix dawnguard, worked for a bit, needed to do a reinstall.

It sounds like your download got corrupted while in progress. File hosted here is fine, so you should just try downloading it again.

As unrelated matter a note to any CNHF users. unless my information is out of date the next version of that body is going to support UNP textures, so when it gets released use them instead and report back if you have any problems. I don't have skyrim installed at the moment so I won't be able to test it myself, but I'll fix it if needed.

It sounds like your download got corrupted while in progress. File hosted here is fine, so you should just try downloading it again.

As unrelated matter a note to any CNHF users. unless my information is out of date the next version of that body is going to support UNP textures, so when it gets released use them instead and report back if you have any problems. I don't have skyrim installed at the moment so I won't be able to test it myself, but I'll fix it if needed.

I've downloaded it with firefox and chrome, on two different computers. Ugh. This sucks.

Thanks Dash.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fan update and unofficial continuation for Zazemel's Drow Race BETA.

Most importantly this updated version works with Dawnguard's vampires and mounted combat. However as my version was originally made for personal use, it has major changes aside from that. Please read up for the details.

Original mod is not required!

UPDATED to v2.4.1 on April 19th, 2013

Downloads

attachicon.gifDrow Race (UDE) 2.4.1.7z

Main file.

attachicon.gifDrow Race (UDE) 2.4.1a (CNHF Hotfix).7z

This is a quick fix for CNHF only, do not install for other bodies!

Drow Race - Unofficial Dawnguard Edition

Version: 2.4.1

Last update: April 19th, 2013

Requires Skyrim v1.8.1+ and Dawnguard DLC

Requires CNHF, UNPB, UNP or CBBE body installed. Other bodies are not supported unless they use compatible textures.

This mod is an unofficial, unauthorized update and modification of Zazemel's "Drow Race BETA", originally made for my personal use due to the author's prolonged absence. In addition to just updating it, I've tried to make the drow more authentic to the source material. Please keep this in mind if you disagree with changes I've made.

New in 2.4.1!

- Packed with the latest version of Race Compatibility which fixes conflict with Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Make sure RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp is loaded after it.

New in 2.4.0!

- Now supports Calyps' and Nuska's Heroic Form body replacer (CNHF).

New in 2.3.0!

- Replaced the female body normal maps with much more subtle ones from "Fitness Body" by Svarog.

- Added optional files for default UNP and CBBE body normal maps.

- Light gloss effect has been added that makes darker skin look better, while hopefully being subtle enough not to bother anyone.

- Darkvision now has a red tint.

- Drow males now use your default male skeleton.

- Final cleaning pass: broken references to removed content and leftover dunmer-presets have been removed.

- All remaining unused assets have been removed from the download.

How is this different from the original mod?

- 100% Dawnguard compatible, with working vampires and vampire lords.

- 100% Dragonborn compatible.

- 100% mounted combat compatible.

- Drow racials are now Spell Resistance (25%) and Darkvision (Night Eye toggle).

- Drow are now shorter and skinnier, and males are shorter than females.

- Drow Vampire appearance can now be safely altered with the race menu.

- Cleaned the plug-in with TES5Edit.

- Removed Drow Child race.

- Removed all unused files and references.

- Changed the starting skills.

- Changed the race description.

- Uses UNP textures by default, optional CNHF and CBBE textures are included.

- Uses "RaceCompatibility for Dawnguard" by TMPhoenix.

- Uses "Nuska Real Skin for Women" normal map by nuska.

- Uses "Fitness Body" body normal map by Svarog.

[ WHAT ARE THE DROW? ]

Drow are what people usually think first when they hear the name Dark Elf. They are an evil race of dark elves from the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop roleplaying game, and they were popularized in 1980's by books taking place in the Forgotten Realms setting, which has been featured in most D&D based computer games such as 'Baldur's Gate' and 'Neverwinter Nights'.

Exiled from the surface after an elven civil war, drow are now native to the Underdark, a vast network of subterrean caverns, which is inhabited by some of the most dangerous creatures on the world of Toril.

Drow elves live in large, heavily fortified cities and they are organized in Great and Lesser Houses that are engaged in constant strife and secret warfare with each other. Each drow House is ruled by it's Matron Mother who holds absolute authority over her people. Most powerful Matron Mothers form the city's Ruling Council.

As the drow are a theocratic society and always seeking the favour of their spider-goddess Lolth who allows only female clergy, drow are completely female dominated society in every aspect.

Males, who are practically always smaller and weaker than the females, have no real social standing beyond of what skills and talent they can provide.

How did your drow character end up on Tamriel? That's not for me to decide, but I'll provide bit of a backstory if you need help with it.

You could be the last surviving member of a fallen House. While being hunted you found an ancient devide capable of opening doors to a thousand different worlds. As a crossbow bolt barely misses you there is no time to hesitate. You jump through the portal and find yourself in middle of a scene of battle. Disoriented from the planar travel and blinded by the sunlight and snow, you're captured by a group of surfacers - human soldiers that call themselves imperials. As you're loaded on the cart with other prisoners you realize that your captors don't seem to be bothered at all by your appearance, as if seeing a dark elf is nothing out of ordinary to them. What can that possibly mean?

[ Q & A ]

Q: Will you put the child race back? Why was it removed?

A: No. It was removed because it would have been a lot of extra work to get it working 100%, and I wasn't comfortable with people using it anyway. You know why, so lets leave it to that.

Q: Do I need the original 'Drow Race BETA' installed?

A: No, and just to be safe you should uninstall it completely if you're updating to this.

Q: Does this work with my old 'Drow Race BETA' saves?

A: It should, as long as you're not using the child race. You may have to go through the race menu again to fix skin colour if it's mismatched.

[ KNOWN ISSUES ]

- If you have any other custom race mods installed at same time with the Drow Race, you may experience various bugs and glitches. Please remove them completely while using this mod.

- If you change your character's race AFTER becoming a vampire lord, your "Revert Form" power will be broken. THIS IS A DAWNGUARD BUG NOT CAUSED BY THIS MOD. Fix for it is available here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11307

[ SUPPORT ]

Visit the forum thread if you run into any issues:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12954-drow-race-unofficial-dawnguard-edition-v221/

(Warning! Adult content, NSFW!)

[ CREDITS ]

Zazemel - Original 'Drow Race - BETA' mod

Calyps & Nuska - CNHF textures based on their originals

Digitalmax - CBBE textures

Nuska - Face normal map

Svarpg - Fitness Body normal maps

TMPhoenix - RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard

Visit the original mod pages for full credits.

[ PERMISSIONS ]

This mod was built on other author's work without his or her knowledge or permission.

Redistribution, either in original or modified state, is allowed at your own risk, as long as you understand that this mod contains 'stolen content' and that uploading it to certain websites can be a bannable offense there.

[ LINKS ]

Drow Race - BETA (NOT REQUIRED!)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16399

- Original mod page for reference only. Obsolete, do not download.

RaceMenu

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624

- Recommended for additional character customization options.

Werewolf script _ Vampire Lord fix

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11307

- Use only if your Revert Form power was broken by a character race change.

CNHF Calyps and Nuskas Heroic Form BODY REPLACER

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34213

- Recommended body replacer.

Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE-

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666

- A supported body replacer.

DIMONIZED UNP female body

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6709

UNP BLESSED BODY UNPB - With Optional BBP Breast Physics

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14899

2drue0o.jpg

Luv it, Thanks for the share..

i cannot open the ESP in Creation kit it keeps saying "file: C:\_skyrim\code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedstring.cpp    line:2871    LOCALIATION: Error opening or reading string file."   then a warning  MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION: Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Dawnguard_ENGLISH.STRINGS. Strings will be missing"     any way i can fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Time for a new version. Small update for people who wish to use The Joy of Perspective.

yes, with beautiful faces and above all compatible with CHSBHC - BBP. Please!

german \ deutsch !

ja , mit schöneren gesichtern und vor allem , kompatibel mit CHSBHC - BBP . bitte !

i cannot open the ESP in Creation kit it keeps saying "file: C:\_skyrim\code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedstring.cpp    line:2871    LOCALIATION: Error opening or reading string file."   then a warning  MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION: Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Dawnguard_ENGLISH.STRINGS. Strings will be missing"     any way i can fix this?

Bit late to respond so you've probably figured it out by now, but to fix this you need to extract Dawnguard strings from Dawnguard.bsa into your data folder.

Time for a new version. Small update for people who wish to use The Joy of Perspective.

yes, with beautiful faces and above all compatible with CHSBHC - BBP. Please!

german \ deutsch !

ja , mit schöneren gesichtern und vor allem , kompatibel mit CHSBHC - BBP . bitte !

I've made v2.4.3 update just for you.

Please report back if you're satisfied, and if not let me know and I'll see what I can do when I have the time.

yes yes yes, that's good, I love the CHSBHC - BBP he is my life!
Many thanks, much success with their work, I look forward to it. thank you again.

german \ deutsch !

ja ja ja , das ist gut , ich liebe den CHSBHC - BBP er ist mein leben !
vielen dank , viel erfolg mit ihrer arbeit , ich freue mich darauf . nochmals danke .

v2.5 out. I've replaced all the textures with much higher quality ones, courtesy of Nexus users betterbecause and AnTiWoMaAgNoT, who hopefully don't mind. :)

Difference to the old versions are pretty dramatic so if you're not sure if you'll like them, make sure that you have a copy of the older version backed up somewhere before updating.

You should note that the skin gloss effect is gone. If you want it back try GlossTech, or if you have the knowhow, up the specular map brightness manually by 10-15%.

Also I realise Nuska's 'Real Skin For Women' wasn't for everyone's liking, so for better or worse it's no longer used.

I have tested the new drow race, there are beautiful lady's prettier than on the download page (picture).
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

it is also very good that the main body types are available.

thank you.

german \ deutsch !

ich habe die neue Drow Rasse getestet , es sind wunderschöne lady's , hübscher als auf der download seite (bild ) .
es ist auch sehr gut daß die wichtigsten körpertypen verfügbar sind .
danke .

yeah i have racemenu wich rocks!!

also, about the color, i was just remembering old D&D times when the books told about amazing stories wich you could interact with, many years before role playing with friends and before rules like 1st edition, 3.5 edition, 99999th edition, crappy-lame-edition, etc. :P

My annoying friend wants me to mention that Drow were a 1st edition invention, so huzzah for 1e??

Also, that black skin with highlights doesn't have a history of lookin' good in ES (he tried it and it looked reeeaaalll bad) so it looks like dark, dark grey rly is the closest you can get w/o funkyness.

perhaps next you could put the child version back in :)?

More than likely....

No....

If you want a child... Get HentaiPregnancy, then the ChildBirth Plugin and hope that solves it for you.......

So far, I have 2 Orc kids, 1 Argonian, 1 Kahjit and a Dark Elf brat....

perhaps next you could put the child version back in :)?

Not going to happen, sorry.

Reason I removed them was that I simply wasn't comfortable with Zazemel including them in the first place, so when I started my own version they were the first thing to go. I won't have any part in what people would do with them.