Great mod! The race in itself is very well done. Though, I have unfortunately run into a problem. When trying to select a hair style the slider is-- overly large, seeming to contain thousands of "blank" hairstyles that all resemble each other. This is the case with the scars slider as well. The complexion slider locks at "1" and the only eye colours that come up are those that are default with the race, I believe. These issues only appear for this custom race, not the others I have installed and on both the male or female variants. Messing around with load orders did not change anything and I need to get some sleep. I imagine the problem is a mod conflict of some kind-- I'll sort through everything in detail later and post an update.

But! If anyone has had this problem before I will happily hear what you have to say about the issue.

Once more, thank you for putting your time into this mod. I thank you.

I believe I got some issues.

· When using CBBE textures' date=' the area around the waist is gapped.

· Now my character creation options are strange. I can't seem to change nose type, eye type, etc. But maybe that's the Castanic race fault.

[/quote']

Do you have the actual CBBE body installed also? You need it.

For the second problem, probably same thing as corster and you have another race mod installed in addition to the drow, which I wouldn't recommend.

Aaand. I have since found the mod conflict' date=' the mod in question that was causing this strange error was: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22903 -- Another custom race mod. So. I hope this information helps someone else!

[/quote']

I'm glad you found your problem. Yeah you probably shouldn't be using more than one custom race mod at a time.

out of curiousity what did you set the default height and weights to?

I'd have to check that to be certain' date=' but I believe female height is 0.95 and male 0.93. Both have weight value of 0.5. If these aren't to your liking, RaceMenu mod lets you change them.

And no' date=' I use chsbhc body so I guess that was why.

[/quote']

Yeah. Drow will default to whatever body meshes you're currently using, but they come only with UNP and CBBE textures. Bodies that don't support one of those won't work properly.

It's good to hear that the other problems were also solved. I'll add a note to the OP about conflicts.

Ehm I want to report a few stuff in 2.2.1

SkinNakedDrow has references to ArmorAddons that pointing to the standard bodies path

meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleXXXX_X.nif

instead pointing to

meshes\actors\character\drow\femaleXXXX_X.nif

Under Races the Vampire Race of the Drow still has DarkElf presets which can result in face changes when switching between normal and vampire, they can be deleted from the races and then completly deleted from the esp.

Ehm I want to report a few stuff in 2.2.1

SkinNakedDrow has references to ArmorAddons that pointing to the standard bodies path

meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleXXXX_X.nif

instead pointing to

meshes\actors\character\drow\femaleXXXX_X.nif

Under Races the Vampire Race of the Drow still has DarkElf presets which can result in face changes when switching between normal and vampire' date=' they can be deleted from the races and then completly deleted from the esp.

[/quote']

It's actually supposed to be using the default bodies so there is no problem with that, but it seems then there are still some unused meshes around.

Those presets are a remnant from Zazemel's original mod, I'll have that sorted out for next update but I don't know when that will be. There's nothing urgent to address at the moment.

There are also some other traces such as references to the child race that I removed, but I'll have to take some time to look into that later to make sure I don't break anything when removing them. Ideally I should just rebuild the entire plug-in but it would break peoples saves.

It's actually supposed to be using the default bodies so there is no problem with that' date=' but it seems then there are still some unused meshes around.

Those presets are a remnant from Zazemel's original mod, I'll have that sorted out for next update but I don't know when that will be. There's nothing urgent to address at the moment.

There are also some other traces such as references to the child race that I removed, but I'll have to take some time to look into that later to make sure I don't break anything when removing them. Ideally I should just rebuild the entire plug-in but it would break peoples saves.

[/quote']

Ok if it's supposed to than it's ok, but so the nifs in the drow folder are completly unused, and can be deleted, good to know.

You "should" (highly theoratical thoughts of mine) be able to remade it without breaking game saves, if you use the same name for the esp and addresses for the formIDs for races and some other stuff I didn't fully tested out

But I think some good TES5Editing is better than remaking something into CK and TES5Editing it again to fit the old stuff.

Thanks for your hard work keeping the Drow Race alive^^

I'd have to check that to be certain' date=' but I believe female height is 0.95 and male 0.93. Both have weight value of 0.5. If these aren't to your liking, RaceMenu mod lets you change them.

[/quote']

Yeah. Drow will default to whatever body meshes you're currently using, but they come only with UNP and CBBE textures. Bodies that don't support one of those won't work properly.

It's good to hear that the other problems were also solved. I'll add a note to the OP about conflicts.

Thanks for the answer I have updated my already altered version of Zaz's Drow Beta and I actually think it works well. I looked into some of the other mods that you listed and Though the sexy sporty body caught my eye with my CBBE textures it just looks wrong and makes me feel like my character is a bodybuilder lol. I'm going to post a screenshot of my current Drow char let me know what you think.

post-128956-13597883086182_thumb.jpg

post-128956-13597883086411_thumb.jpg

post-128956-13597883086654_thumb.jpg

post-128956-13597883086951_thumb.jpg

post-128956-1359788308726_thumb.jpg

[/quote']

Thanks for the answer I have updated my already altered version of Zaz's Drow Beta and I actually think it works well. I looked into some of the other mods that you listed and Though the sexy sporty body caught my eye with my CBBE textures it just looks wrong and makes me feel like my character is a bodybuilder lol. I'm going to post a screenshot of my current Drow char let me know what you think.

What armour is that?

Though the sexy sporty body caught my eye with my CBBE textures it just looks wrong and makes me feel like my character is a bodybuilder lol.

It's a matter of taste' date=' but I'm usually playing melee characters and think that if you're going to swing a sword you better look like it.

Also Underdark even in the drow cities is a very harsh enviroment to grow up and live in and all the drow are trained in melee combat, so I think the muscle map makes sense as a default. :)

It's of course up to everyone to figure out how their character ended up on Tamriel, I'm not telling anyone that their own drow has to be from Toril.

I'm going to post a screenshot of my current Drow char let me know what you think.

I like the polished obsidian looking skin, although it's slightly glossier than I like. I've actually run around with it myself in the past, but it kind of drowns out the facial features and limits makeup options, which is I usually go for lighter skin.

I haven't included the glossed up textures in the download, but I may consider putting them as optionals to future versions (if any) if there is interest for it.

Also Rainbow is there a way to get rid of the second race choice for Drow and Drow child that seemed to come with Zaz's esp? One of each works for me the others two seem broken with no face just teeth and eyes

Aside from merging the plug-ins, I can't think of anything, and I'm not sure if I'd recommend that.

[/quote']

What armour is that?

The armor is courtesy of Remodeled Armor for CBBEv3 Bodyslide and BBP by ChronoTrigger77 It replaces all the armor textures in the game with new ones like that

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25259

Though the sexy sporty body caught my eye with my CBBE textures it just looks wrong and makes me feel like my character is a bodybuilder lol.

It's a matter of taste' date=' but I'm usually playing melee characters and think that if you're going to swing a sword you better look like it.

Also Underdark even in the drow cities is a very harsh enviroment to grow up and live in and all the drow are trained in melee combat, so I think the muscle map makes sense as a default. :)

It's of course up to everyone to figure out how their character ended up on Tamriel, I'm not telling anyone that their own drow has to be from Toril.

I'm going to post a screenshot of my current Drow char let me know what you think.

I like the polished obsidian looking skin, although it's slightly glossier than I like. I've actually run around with it myself in the past, but it kind of drowns out the facial features and limits makeup options, which is I usually go for lighter skin.

I haven't included the glossed up textures in the download, but I may consider putting them as optionals to future versions (if any) if there is interest for it.

Also Rainbow is there a way to get rid of the second race choice for Drow and Drow child that seemed to come with Zaz's esp? One of each works for me the others two seem broken with no face just teeth and eyes

Aside from merging the plug-ins' date=' I can't think of anything, and I'm not sure if I'd recommend that.

[/quote']

Of course I understand the matter of taste but your UNP texture in the screenshot you put up is by far better than the CBBE version look. Her legs look like arnold schwarznegger and the abs just look wrong. As for the underdark being a harsh place to grow up Indeed it is but Females are usually pampered having to rely mostly upon their intellect, guile, wit, and looks. The males are by far more physical.

The polished obsidian skin I use is a glossteched version of Drow Retextures CBBEv3 by Digitalmax. Though I only use about 15-20% gloss to sort of signify a cross between the natural shine of a woman's skin and a thin layer of sweat.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17016

As for the two race choices I'm guessing one set was ment for UNP and the other for CBBE but since I use only CBBE the other set crashes my game only if I go beyond the race selection with them.

As for the two race choices I'm guessing one set was ment for UNP and the other for CBBE but since I use only CBBE the other set crashes my game only if I go beyond the race selection with them.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you mean, because there's only one race choice provided with this mod, and it will use whatever bodymesh that you have installed.

If you have more than one drow race appearing we have a problem.

Of course I understand the matter of taste but your UNP texture in the screenshot you put up is by far better than the CBBE version look. Her legs look like arnold schwarznegger and the abs just look wrong. As for the underdark being a harsh place to grow up Indeed it is but Females are usually pampered having to rely mostly upon their intellect' date=' guile, wit, and looks. The males are by far more physical.

[/quote']

You're forgetting that most drow are commoners, it's only high priestesses and matron mothers that have their every whim attended to. :)

Anyway I had to go and have a look at the CBBE version because of what you mentioned. You're right about the abs (I'll add sorting that out on my to-do list), but aside from that I honestly don't see a problem.

post-12182-13597883124433_thumb.jpg

Of course I understand the matter of taste but your UNP texture in the screenshot you put up is by far better than the CBBE version look. Her legs look like arnold schwarznegger and the abs just look wrong. As for the underdark being a harsh place to grow up Indeed it is but Females are usually pampered having to rely mostly upon their intellect' date=' guile, wit, and looks. The males are by far more physical.

[/quote']

You're forgetting that most drow are commoners, it's only high priestesses and matron mothers that have their every whim attended to. :)

Anyway I had to go and have a look at the CBBE version because of what you mentioned. You're right about the abs (I'll add sorting that out on my to-do list), but aside from that I honestly don't see a problem.

Indeed most drow are commoners ect but females are highly prized as the males outnumber females by 8 or more to 1. Thus females are prized and pampered for breeding purposes as Females choose the males. The more perfect they are in body and mind the higher their value as a potential mate.

Indeed most drow are commoners ect but females are highly prized as the males outnumber females by 8 or more to 1. Thus females are prized and pampered for breeding purposes as Females choose the males. The more perfect they are in body and mind the higher their value as a potential mate.

Yet drow females are nearly always stronger than males, and someone who isn't physically fit isn't going to survive their flight from the Underdark.

This argument really isn't going to get anywhere, but after that quick look at CBBE version I've already decided to replace all the muscle normal maps in the mod with another version. They're staying, but will be more subtle. :)

Yet drow females are nearly always stronger than males' date=' and someone who isn't physically fit isn't going to survive their flight from the Underdark.

This argument really isn't going to get anywhere, but after that quick look at CBBE version I've already decided to replace all the muscle normal maps in the mod with another version. They're staying, but will be more subtle. :)

[/quote']

lol end it while you are ahead :P but seriously let me know what you decide for CBBE I may look into it my for Drow.

• 4 weeks later...