View File

Drow Race - Unofficial Dawnguard Edition

Version: 2.5.2a

Last update: March 29th, 2014

Requires Skyrim v1.9.32.0 and Dawnguard DLC.

Supports UNP, UNPB, CNHF, CBBE, SeveNBase, CHSBHC and ADEC body replacers.

This mod is an unofficial and unauthorized update to Zazemel's 'Drow Race BETA', made due to the author's absence primarily for my personal use. In addition to just updating it, I've tried to make the drow more authentic to the source material.

New in 2.5.2a

- Hotfix: Reverted 1st person flags back to normal to fix a mystery crash with cloaks. Oops?

New in 2.5.2!

- Partial SOS support. Thanks to b3lisario.

- Replaced the male body textures.

- CharGen Extended works out of the box now, no ini editing involved. Thanks Expired6978.

- Internal cleaning.

How is this different from Zazemel's original mod?

- 100% Dawnguard & Dragonborn compatible.

- Mounted combat compatible.

- Uses 'RaceCompatibility for Dawnguard' by TMPhoenix.

- Cleaned the plug-in with TES5Edit and removed unused files and references.

- Can be used with any body replacer that is compatible with textures from UNP, CBBE, CHSBHC or ADEC bodies.

- Drow racials are now Spell Resistance (25%) and Darkvision.

- Drow are now shorter and skinnier, and males are now shorter than females.

- Drow Vampire appearance can now be safely altered with the race menu.

- Removed the Drow Child race.

[ INSTALLATION ]

1). Use WinRAR, 7z or an equillevant program to extract the contents of the download to your Skyrim data folder.

Default location is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\'

2). If you are using one of the following bodies: CBBE, CHSBHC or ADEC body, copy the appropriate texture files from Optional Files folder.

3). Enable the files from the launcher.

4). If for some reason you're not using the 'Unofficial Skyrim Patch', delete the file 'RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp'.

Note to CNHF users:

As of v2.5, CNHF uses UNP compatible textures. Textures for the older version of the body are no longer included in this package.

Note to Better Vampires users:

Download 'Race Compatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard' for a compatibility patch.

Note on custom skeletons:

Drow race will automatically use any skeleton that you have currently installed in default path.

[ WHAT ARE THE DROW? ]

Drow are what people usually think first when they hear the name Dark Elf. They are an evil race of dark elves from the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop roleplaying game, and they were popularised in 1980's by books taking place in the Forgotten Realms setting, which has been featured in most D&D based computer games such as 'Baldur's Gate' and 'Neverwinter Nights'.

Exiled from the surface after an elven civil war, drow are now native to the Underdark, a vast network of subterrean caverns, which is inhabited by some of the most dangerous creatures on the world of Toril.

Drow elves live in large, heavily fortified cities and they are organized in Great and Lesser Houses that are engaged in constant strife and secret warfare with each other. Each drow House is ruled by its Matron Mother who holds absolute authority over her people. Most powerful Matron Mothers form the city's Ruling Council.

As the drow are a theocratic society and always seeking the favour of their spider-goddess Lolth who allows only female clergy, drow are completely female dominated society in every aspect.

Males, who are practically always smaller and weaker than the females, have no real social standing beyond of what skills and talent they can provide.

How did your drow character end up on Tamriel? That's not for me to decide, but I'll provide bit of a backstory if you need help with it...

You could be the last surviving member of a fallen House. While being hunted you found an ancient devide capable of opening doors to a thousand different worlds. As a crossbow bolt barely misses you there is no time to hesitate. You jump through the portal and find yourself in middle of a scene of battle. Disoriented from the planar travel and blinded by the sunlight and snow, you're captured by a group of surfacers - human soldiers who call themselves imperials.

As you're loaded on the cart with other prisoners you realise that your captors don't seem to be bothered at all by your appearance, as if seeing a dark elf is nothing out of ordinary to them. What can that possibly mean?

[ Q & A ]

Q: Do I need the original 'Drow Race BETA' installed?

A: No, and just to be safe you should uninstall it completely first before updating to this.

Q: Will you put the child race back?

A: No.

Q: Does this work with my old 'Drow Race BETA' saves?

A: It should work as long as you're not using the removed child race. You may have to enter the race menu again to fix skin colour if it's mismatched.

Q: OMG the presets are so ugly!

A: Hey that isn't a question! Well I've thought of replacing them, but with RaceMenu & CharGen Extended around you can make any face you want and save your own presets, so I see very little point in bothering anymore.

Q: How about support for Lady Body?

A: I'd like to make it happen, but doing it would involve jumping through lots of extra hoops to get it working, so I can't be bothered unless lots of people suddenly start pestering me about it.

Q: I liked the skin gloss from the earlier versions. Is there any way to restore it?

A: Either adjust the brightness of the specular maps by 10-15%, or alternatively try out GlossTech program to restore it.

[ KNOWN ISSUES ]

- If you change your character's race after becoming a vampire lord, your Revert Form power will be broken.

This is a Dawnguard bug and not caused by this mod and a fix for it is available here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11307

- Reportedly some other custom races can break this mod. Disable them if you run into any issues to see if that fixes it.

- Darkvision doesn't work with ENB.

[ CREDITS ]

Zazemel - Original 'Drow Race - BETA' mod

TMPhoenix - RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard

betterbecause - UNP/CBBE textures from 'True Daughters of Skyrim'

AnTiWoMaAgNoT - CHSBHC textures

AcDale - ADEC textures

Male body textures from Schlongs of Skyrim.

Visit the original mod pages for full credits.

If your work is included in this mod but you are not credited here, please let me know and I'll correct it as soon as possible.

[ PERMISSIONS ]

Although I've tried to credit everyone involved, I don't have permission to use the original mod or any of the assets included or later added. That said, as far as I'm concerned, you can redistribute or modify this mod freely as long as you understand that uploading it to certain websites such as Nexus or Steam will be a undisputable violation of their rules. You have been warned.

[ LINKS ]

Drow Race - BETA (NOT REQUIRED! DO NOT USE WITH THIS MOD!)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16399

- Original mod page for reference only. Obsolete, do not download.

RaceMenu by Expired

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624

- Highly recommended for additional character customization options.

CharGen Extension by Expired

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36925

- Highly recommended for additional character customization options.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS by xp32

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800

- Recommended skeleton replacer.

Werewolf script _ Vampire Lord fix

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11307

- Use only if your Revert Form power was broken by a character race change.

CNHF v2_5 Female Body Replacer by calyps & nuska

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/44979

- Recommended body replacer.

Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE-

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666

- Supported body replacer.

DIMONIZED UNP female body by dimon99

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6709

UNP BLESSED BODY UNPB - With Optional BBP Breast Physics

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14899

SeveNBase a custom FemaleBodyReplacer by Crosscrusade DeMoNhUnTeR1986 Sevennity

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36992

CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod by CherryHotaling

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888

Acdale EyeCandy Body ADEC now TBBP Compatible by AcDale

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5390

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/25/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

nice job there! :D

just as a side note: drow's got black skin, something near to ebony. (well atleast thats what it says on very old D&D books wich i had) - but in Never winter nights they got the same color you used (or very similar). so the ebony skin was scrapped in time.

nice job there! :D

just as a side note: drow's got black skin' date=' something near to ebony. (well atleast thats what it says on very old D&D books wich i had) - but in Never winter nights they got the same color you used (or very similar). so the ebony skin was scrapped in time.

[/quote']

I'm well aware of that. :) Thing is, it's actually very difficult to make obsidian skin look good in videogames, or anywhere else for that matter. That's why games and book covers usually take some artistic liberty with drow, and it has more or less become a norm.

For that reason I didn't see see any reason to change Zazemel's original choices (except for vampires).

If you'd like to have darker skin colour, you can do that with RaceMenu mod. Highly recommend it even if you don't!

yeah i have racemenu wich rocks!!

also, about the color, i was just remembering old D&D times when the books told about amazing stories wich you could interact with, many years before role playing with friends and before rules like 1st edition, 3.5 edition, 99999th edition, crappy-lame-edition, etc. :P

rainbowdash do you have any problems with your characters head after becoming a vampire lord? I found that after becoming one, my head tints and hair would no longer update properly. It was like they were saved directly to the save game and wouldn't update. After curing vampirism my face updated properly and I was able to change them again.

Here's an image to illustrate the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/iFshf.jpg

rainbowdash do you have any problems with your characters head after becoming a vampire lord? I found that after becoming one' date=' my head tints and hair would no longer update properly. It was like they were saved directly to the save game and wouldn't update. After curing vampirism my face updated properly and I was able to change them again.

Here's an image to illustrate the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/iFshf.jpg

[/quote']

Your link doesn't work, but if it's the same problem I have, I believe that's actually a vanilla bug with Dawnguard and the way vampires work now. Or at least I've been working under that assumption.

If you need to use showracemenu while a vampire, first revert to mortal "setrace darkdrowrace" (without quotes).

As long as you don't touch sliders for presets, or change the gender or race, it should keep all your abilities. You can then set yourself back to vampire with "setrace darkdrowracevampire".

If this doesn't help you, please elaborate further.

Could you put the drow child race back in please?

No, I have no intention of doing so. Sorry.

Drag and drop the link into the address bar and it should work.

Thanks. :)

After seeing the picture' date=' what I said in my previous post still stands and it would appear to be a vanilla bug.

At least that's what I'm assuming because there's a mod that corrects this for vanilla races called Vampire Skin Color Fix, but I have no idea what they did to fix it. If someone can tell me I'll definitely implement it as long as it doesn't break anything.

Ok, I inspected that mod I linked in previous post with TES5Edit, and I think the only thing they changed is that they removed Overlay HeadParts flag from vampires.

I've attached a mini-update where I've done that. If you install it, you'll be able to fully edit vampire face and skin colour.

There is still a slight mismatch and neckseam, but that's from textures and I don't know what I can do about that (couldn't get Caliente's TexBlend to work).

I tested it only quickly and it seems to be working, but if you have any problems please tell me. :)

Edit: Removed obsolete update. Thanks for testing!

I have no idea how my imgur link managed to 403, very strange.

Installed the update and it didn't immediately fix the problem, however after doing as you instructed with setrace in your previous post (thanks by the way, I was having difficulty pinning down the actual name) I was able to fix the problem with not being able to change skin tone and tints. The fix also appears to hold up between sessions, so it appears to be problem solved. If I run into any other problems related to it, I'll let you know.

I also tracked down the problem with the hair. It looks like tera hair may not actually support dawnguard/vampires. As long as I was using that hair before turning vampire and while vampire, it appeared to point to it just fine in save data, but was not actually available for selection if I tried switching it as a vampire. I don't fully understand the logic behind it remaining attached when I updated the hair "slot" but it never the less did. Bethesda code wizardry.

Anyway! Thank you so much for fixing this. Drow race continues to be one of my favorite mods for skyrim.

Edit: Looking into the hair problem, it looks to be due to the fact that darkdrowracevampire isn't added to the "headpartsallracesminusbeast" form id like the rest of the vampire races. Editing that race in solved the problem. :)

Thanks guys. :) Hair problem was of course a side-effect of removing the overlay flag. It all comes down to the same reason they don't allow vampires to use the face sculptor service in Riften - after Dawnguard came the vampire faces have been frozen and they ninja the headparts from the main race. Why they made it like that is still a mystery to me.

I've updated the full version with both problems corrected, link is in the OP as usual.

If you encounter any other problems, let me know. :heart:

I have a problem. Only when I use this race (none of my other characters get this) I can't do the main quest. After turning the Dragonstone into Farengar, Delphine never says her line and Irileth never runs in talking about the dragon. Nothing seems to work, not spawning her, not enabling/disabling NPCs, not manually setting the quest stage.

I have a problem. Only when I use this race (none of my other characters get this) I can't do the main quest. After turning the Dragonstone into Farengar' date=' Delphine never says her line and Irileth never runs in talking about the dragon. Nothing seems to work, not spawning her, not enabling/disabling NPCs, not manually setting the quest stage.

[/quote']

That is very odd, but I don't believe it's related to this mod.

Anyone else have Soulsemmer's problem?

I have a problem. Only when I use this race (none of my other characters get this) I can't do the main quest. After turning the Dragonstone into Farengar' date=' Delphine never says her line and Irileth never runs in talking about the dragon. Nothing seems to work, not spawning her, not enabling/disabling NPCs, not manually setting the quest stage.

[/quote']

I just tested this with a new character - just for you, and it was all working just fine and main quest progressed normally.

It's something else about your installation that's broken. Might want to have a look at other mods you've been adding lately.

Only advice I can offer is to download Unofficial Patch if you don't already have it and sort out your load order with BOSS. If the problem persists, make a post on bethesda's boards with your load order and perhaps someone figures out what's going on.