9 hours ago, Piranha91 said:

but beginning a couple months ago I started getting reports that NPCs were experiencing the dark face bug during scenes, or that a mismatched face texture appeared after a scene concluded.

If the problem is with the face of the NPC, is probably related with the RaceMenu and the CharGen configuration.

The new on the SexLab related with that is the function to update the illumination of the actors after the use of the "MoveTo" function. 

The function is used on many Mods and some Mods that apply textures throw the scripts report compatibility issues but is easy to fix because the function is native of Skyrim and trigger a event that can be detected and used by your Mod. 

I use the event on the last version of my Pubic Hair's in case you want to check

Event OnUpdate()

UnregisterForNiNodeUpdate()

RegisterForNiNodeUpdate()

EndEvent

Event OnNiNodeUpdate(ObjectReference akActor)

EndEvent

Edited by OsmelMC
20 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

If the problem is with the face of the NPC, is probably related with the RaceMenu and the CharGen configuration.

The new on the SexLab related with that is the function to update the illumination of the actors after the use of the "MoveTo" function. 

The function is used on many Mods and some Mods that apply textures throw the scripts report compatibility issues but is easy to fix because the function is native of Skyrim and trigger a event that can be detected and used by your Mod. 

I use the event on the last version of my Pubic Hair's in case you want to check

Event OnUpdate()

EndEvent

Event OnNiNodeUpdate(ObjectReference akActor)

EndEvent

Sorry, could you clarify a bit? Which event are you suggesting I listen to, and what are you suggesting I do on that event? And where does the CharGen configuration come into the picture? Is there some documentation I should be looking at? Sorry, I code mostly on the C# side (Synthesis/Mutagen), still pretty new to Papyrus.

6 hours ago, Piranha91 said:

Sorry, could you clarify a bit? Which event are you suggesting I listen to, and what are you suggesting I do on that event? And where does the CharGen configuration come into the picture? Is there some documentation I should be looking at? Sorry, I code mostly on the C# side (Synthesis/Mutagen), still pretty new to Papyrus.

I can't explain it on details right now because my PC is still broken and I don't remember the details. Also I don't know your Mod. If a Mod author ask me for help, I usually check his scripts and do the changes myself but since I can't use my PC...

Anyway, i will try to check your scripts!

Checked...

The problem is on the EBD scripts. It's scripts apply the texture's throw spell's and for i see on some point he tried to use the same function that is probably causing the issue but now is commented. 

The thing to do is find the EBD scripts were the "FixFaceTexture" function is being used and add the event "OnNiNodeUpdate" to call another "FixFaceTexture". Of course the event need to be registered with the "RegisterForNiNodeUpdate()" function on the "OnEffectStart" event and probably few others things.

I can't test or compile that so probably be better if the author of the EBD see this.

Edited by OsmelMC
1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

I can't explain it on details right now because my PC is still broken and I don't remember the details. Also I don't know your Mod. If a Mod author ask me for help, I usually check his scripts and do the changes myself but since I can't use my PC...

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you get a chance. The relevant scripts are actually from EBD SSE; my mod just supplies data to the esp file but the scripts are all the originals from here. I did one test regarding the chargen: my mod is used in the Wabbajack list Tsukiro, and its users do not report this face discoloration issue. I tried copying skee.ini from Tsukiro to my own load order, and I still see the face discoloration. Are there other places to control chargen settings?

14 minutes ago, Piranha91 said:

I tried copying skee.ini from Tsukiro to my own load order, and I still see the face discoloration. Are there other places to control chargen settings?

See if that Mod have another INI file.

Check disabling the FaceGen Cache

[FaceGen]

bDisableFaceGenCache=

Hmm, I tried bDisableFaceGenCache=0 and still see the issue. Is it possible to download old version of SL? I feel like the best way to figure out the issue is to backtrack to the last compatible version and see what's changed since then.

Edit: I found a copy of the Beta 8 release of SL Framework on my drive, and it does not have this issue. I can look through the scripts myself and see what's changed, but my understanding is that you're the current dev - if you know of anything major that's changed since Beta 8 and can point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Piranha91

Hey Osmel

Currently creating a mod to enhance SLSO. I want to give the male bonuses if the female orgasms. So far my scripts can catch the SLSO orgasm events and decipher whether its the male or female, but I can't find a way to determine what the animation is, or what tags the animation has (Oral, Vaginal, Doggy, etc.)
If it was just the Sexlab orgasm Event I could write:

sslBaseAnimation animation = SexLab.HookAnimation(argString)

but, that doesn't work for the SLSO Event as it doesn't have  (argString)
Can you suggest how I know what animation is playing and/or what tags it has?

Cheers,

dePog

7 hours ago, dePog said:

Hey Osmel

Currently creating a mod to enhance SLSO. I want to give the male bonuses if the female orgasms. So far my scripts can catch the SLSO orgasm events and decipher whether its the male or female, but I can't find a way to determine what the animation is, or what tags the animation has (Oral, Vaginal, Doggy, etc.)
If it was just the Sexlab orgasm Event I could write:

sslBaseAnimation animation = SexLab.HookAnimation(argString)

but, that doesn't work for the SLSO Event as it doesn't have  (argString)
Can you suggest how I know what animation is playing and/or what tags it has?

Cheers,

dePog

All the SexLab Events (including the one of SLSO) come with some Thread ID of type Int on the arguments. If you know the Thread you can take any information you want.

I've found an like your Utility Plus mod but noted that you seem to be hard coding in patches for many mods to use the furniture those mods provide.  I think you'd save yourself a lot of work by moving all those mods and their furniture references to a file in JSON or INI format that you can use and loop through each item in the file and thus only have to add lines to the file in order to support additional mods and it would also make it possible for people to add support for mods they have and want support for without having to bug you to find those mods and add support.

Make it a folder with multiple files where the name of the file is the same as the name of the ESM/ESP/ESL for the mod and you make it so that people can submit files they create for mods saving yourself even more work. 

8 hours ago, Piranha91 said:

Is it possible to download old version of SL? I feel like the best way to figure out the issue is to backtrack to the last compatible version and see what's changed since then.

True and false... You will need to be used to the Papyrus Scripts or that will take you eon's. The difference between the BETA 8 and the current version is like day and night.

I'm almost sure that is related with the event "OnNiNodeUpdate" because isn't the first time that issues like this is reported on Mods that use the scripts to change the texture's.

For i see, this is work for the author of the EBD.

The thing to do is find the EBD scripts were the "FixFaceTexture" function is being used and add the event "OnNiNodeUpdate" to call another "FixFaceTexture". Of course the event need to be registered with the "RegisterForNiNodeUpdate()" function on the "OnEffectStart" event and probably few others things.

38 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

I've found an like your Utility Plus mod but noted that you seem to be hard coding in patches for many mods to use the furniture those mods provide.  I think you'd save yourself a lot of work by moving all those mods and their furniture references to a file in JSON or INI format that you can use and loop through each item in the file and thus only have to add lines to the file in order to support additional mods and it would also make it possible for people to add support for mods they have and want support for without having to bug you to find those mods and add support.

Make it a folder with multiple files where the name of the file is the same as the name of the ESM/ESP/ESL for the mod and you make it so that people can submit files they create for mods saving yourself even more work. 

That's true and looks like I going to follow your suggestions "eventually" but I have another priorities on the scripts right now and even if I make the function to import that and the Strap-on is almost sure that i will be the only one filling those JSON files unless be part of the official SexLab Framework.

The Furnitures are more than the FormID reference, also need the offsets and set the internal offsets of each furniture is a work of try and error that not many people are willing to do.

Everyone can include functions on his Mods to add his furnitures, bed's and strapon's to the SexLab without edit the SexLab scripts and is really easy but you don't find Mods doing that. So right now is not a priority, but definitely will be on the development of the SexLab Framework v1.65 that should include my furniture system and Ahegao expressions.

4 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

True and false... You will need to be used to the Papyrus Scripts or that will take you eon's. The difference between the BETA 8 and the current version is like day and night.

I'm almost sure that is related with the event "OnNiNodeUpdate" because isn't the first time that issues like this is reported on Mods that use the scripts to change the texture's.

Thanks, I will try this on my end and see if I can get a fix made. Much appreciated!

18 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Checked...

The problem is on the EBD scripts. It's scripts apply the texture's throw spell's and for i see on some point he tried to use the same function that is probably causing the issue but now is commented. 

I can't test or compile that so probably be better if the author of the EBD see this.

I'm gonna send a PM about this. I'm kind of assisting Piranha where I can, but you and he are significantly more advanced in this department than I am. 

Edited by Sniperpls

Just a heads up, it looks like Sexlab Utility Plus conflicts with PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest's soul trap effect on partners that get drained to death. It will almost always misfire. Might want to look into it... I would love to use SLU+, but I don't want to give up the incredibly useful soultrap effect from PSQ, so I'm hoping a fix can be found...

4 hours ago, Lucifeller said:

Just a heads up, it looks like Sexlab Utility Plus conflicts with PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest's soul trap effect on partners that get drained to death. It will almost always misfire. Might want to look into it... I would love to use SLU+, but I don't want to give up the incredibly useful soultrap effect from PSQ, so I'm hoping a fix can be found...

Is being years since I use PSQ for last time and by then the PSQ scripts wasn't compatible with the Separate Orgasm option of the SexLab Framework. Probably still is incompatible with that option unless you be using the SLSO and it's patch for PSQ.

You have 3 choices:

1. Disable the Separate Orgasm option on the SexLab MCM.

2. Install the SLSO and it's patch for PSQ

3. Find a fix for the PSQ that brings you all the drain effects without issues when the Separate Orgasm option is enabled. By the way I made one by then and share it on it's discussion thread but was too long time ago and I don't know if will work with the current version of PSQ.

9 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Is being years since I use PSQ for last time and by then the PSQ scripts wasn't compatible with the Separate Orgasm option of the SexLab Framework. Probably still is incompatible with that option unless you be using the SLSO and it's patch for PSQ.

You have 3 choices:

1. Disable the Separate Orgasm option on the SexLab MCM.

2. Install the SLSO and it's patch for PSQ

3. Find a fix for the PSQ that brings you all the drain effects without issues when the Separate Orgasm option is enabled. By the way I made one by then and share it on it's discussion thread but was too long time ago and I don't know if will work with the current version of PSQ.

I don't use the separate orgasm option to begin with, so I don't think it was that... I'm using this version for what it's worth.

It's the only mod I know of that allows me to actually have a succubus form to transform into. Succubus Heart is nice, but lacks that option.

5 hours ago, Lucifeller said:

It's the only mod I know of that allows me to actually have a succubus form to transform into. Succubus Heart is nice, but lacks that option.

Are you tried the Children of Lilith. PSQ was too advanced for it's own good, hard to configure and even properly configured still a lot of things don't work. Since was abandoned by the author, the Mod is being inspection for other Mods but nobody is taking responsibility on PSQ so is pretty much dead.

I can't fix PSQ but you are free to try this fix. I don't know if the fix will work because I can't even remember what it does.

PSQ - SexLab Inflation Framework Patch (2019_03_25).7z

Wow, apparently is also a patch for SexLab Inflation. If you don't have SexLab Inflation, then you have to install it even if you don't want the patch.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, OsmelMC said:

Are you tried the Children of Lilith. PSQ was too advanced for it's own good, hard to configure and even properly configured still a lot of things don't work. Since was abandoned by the author, the Mod is being inspection for other Mods but nobody is taking responsibility on PSQ so is pretty much dead.

I can't fix PSQ but you are free to try this fix. I don't know if the fix will work because I can't even remember what it does.

PSQ - SexLab Inflation Framework Patch (2019_03_25).7z 39.08 kB · 79 downloads

Wow, apparently is also a patch for SexLab Inflation. If you don't have SexLab Inflation, then you have to install it even if you don't want the patch.

I see. Thank you. I did consider Children of Lilith, but alas it's not quite the flavor I was looking for (and unless I misread something the succubus transformation only works from MCM which is pretty clunky). I appreciate your attempt to help though.

59 minutes ago, Lucifeller said:

I see. Thank you. I did consider Children of Lilith, but alas it's not quite the flavor I was looking for (and unless I misread something the succubus transformation only works from MCM which is pretty clunky). I appreciate your attempt to help though.

You misread, you get a minor power to transform. I admit I preferr the hotkey from PSQ, but CoL is still under development, so perhaps that might come to eventually.

8 minutes ago, Talesien said:

You misread, you get a minor power to transform. I admit I preferr the hotkey from PSQ, but CoL is still under development, so perhaps that might come to eventually.

Hmm. Might give it a try next time. Although Deadly Drain Enhanced seems to also have added a whole lot.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, OsmelMC said:

Hello,

I finally got a chance to work on this a bit. I tried the following

EVENT OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akActor) 
	ApplyEBDEffects(akActor)
	Debug.Notification("OnEffectStart")
EndEvent

Event OnNiNodeUpdate(ObjectReference orActor)
	Debug.Notification("OnNiNodeUpdate")
	ApplyEBDEffects(orActor as Actor)
EndEvent

The ApplyEBDEffects function contains everything that was in OnEffectStart in the original script, including the FixFaceTexture() calls. When I load a save I see a lot of "OnEffectStart" debug notifications, but I can't get an "OnNiNodeUpdate" to trigger, including when starting an SL scene. Is there something else I need to do to register?

16 minutes ago, Piranha91 said:

Hello,

I finally got a chance to work on this a bit. I tried the following

EVENT OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akActor) 
	ApplyEBDEffects(akActor)
	Debug.Notification("OnEffectStart")
EndEvent

Event OnNiNodeUpdate(ObjectReference orActor)
	Debug.Notification("OnNiNodeUpdate")
	ApplyEBDEffects(orActor as Actor)
EndEvent

The ApplyEBDEffects function contains everything that was in OnEffectStart in the original script, including the FixFaceTexture() calls. When I load a save I see a lot of "OnEffectStart" debug notifications, but I can't get an "OnNiNodeUpdate" to trigger, including when starting an SL scene. Is there something else I need to do to register?

You probably should do that on all the ActiveMagicEffects scripts. I don't know which one will continue active time enough to receive the node update of the SexLab.

Also check the papyrus log's for errors on those scripts, i being using the event listener  of that event on reference aliases and quest scripts but never tried with Magic Effects so is possible that the logs said something like "RegisterForNiNodeUpdate() no founded or missing"

you can also find a way to execute the spell on the actors after the end of the animation but SexLab is not the only mod using that function.