mrrakkon's Sims (and stuff)

58 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I haven't tried it yet, but others have successfully (which is how I learned about the mod).

It's too buggy for me to bother attempting. Though it has appealed to me because San Myshuno could fit several different real world cities and not having to choose would be nice.

Mrrakkon's save for the most part treats all the worlds existing in various parts of California based on some regional research I did. Like I think Newcrest is being treated like Oakland. Well Nevada too if my attempts at bullying him into getting Strangerville succeed.

I found a new Maxis match hair that I think I like better for Felicia than the one I originally had for her, and uploaded her with, the style is similar, but since it's MM rather than alpha that's usually a point in my pook if it's possible. I also took one unfinished (likely never to be finished, because I wasn't happy with their face) sim's body appearance and preset and copied it onto Felicia, I think I like that result as well. I might reupload her with the changes when I make up my mind about this. 

image.png.48d4f2649f80c0cf65341459b8a1c2cd.png    image.png.3ead8799bd627d19a5fc61b4601ca555.png

Heh, I was doing a bit of brush-up on one of my old sims, Jenny Kaplan (on the left), and decided to maybe generate some family members for her for possible future use and one of the first results I got for her brother kind of turned out (I have not touched any sliders  yet, only thing I did was choose the beard and a different hairstyle and color rather than blond) pretty well. Sort of looks like a weird mix between Keanu Reeves and Adrien Brody maybe?

image.png.7e46c0bf273765524446ba976babde61.png

14 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Heh, I was doing a bit of brush-up on one of my old sims, Jenny Kaplan (on the left), and decided to maybe generate some family members for her for possible future use and one of the first results I got for her brother kind of turned out (I have not touched any sliders  yet, only thing I did was choose the beard and a different hairstyle and color rather than blond) pretty well. Sort of looks like a weird mix between Keanu Reeves and Adrien Brody maybe?

image.png.7e46c0bf273765524446ba976babde61.png

Oh, we're getting extended family for the cheerleaders? Who else is getting extended family?

Also I love his look.

1 hour ago, TriggerBlade said:

Oh, we're getting extended family for the cheerleaders? Who else is getting extended family?

Dunno, I was just playing around and decided to see what turned up when I generated some relatives for her. Threw together a younger sister as well, I know people have asked about adding more families and male sims, so doing this for some of my older sims as I revisit and update them is probably a decent idea. 

(Currently her siblings are named Yuri, older brother, and Laurie, younger sister)

image.png.4099f8a9e5af8a805d10e1e1d391f27f.png

Can't say exactly who else I'd look into expanding like this or if it'd be only the cheerleaders or all of them. I guess it kind of depends on where I get some decent results and can think of something what to do and such. I've also had Mikaela's parents (and there's likely to be some siblings here as well) in the works for quite a while, so that's something that's probably coming. 

(Parents' names at the moment are Jeffrey and Barabra, I like Jeffrey, not so sure about Barbara as a name)

image.png.376948e968b84f839e34005dc5559387.png

On 10/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, mrrakkonn said:

I found a new Maxis match hair that I think I like better for Felicia than the one I originally had for her, and uploaded her with, the style is similar, but since it's MM rather than alpha that's usually a point in my pook if it's possible. I also took one unfinished (likely never to be finished, because I wasn't happy with their face) sim's body appearance and preset and copied it onto Felicia, I think I like that result as well. I might reupload her with the changes when I make up my mind about this. 

image.png.48d4f2649f80c0cf65341459b8a1c2cd.png    image.png.3ead8799bd627d19a5fc61b4601ca555.png

I uploaded this as an update now by the way. I'll probably redo and completely reupload her sometime in the future, but for now I'll just do a small update archive that you can download which includes new tray files and the new CC, but nothing else, you still need the CC from the old version (except the hairstyle) for this updated version. 

3 minutes ago, teitogun said:

I was wondering if you could re-visit an old sim of yours, Vanessa Cohen? She's one hell of a JAP

Hmm... Looking at it, it actually looks like I went and slightly updated some of her outfits back in August, though I can't really remember if I was planning to update and reupload her at that time. Thinking about it one thing I could, looking at one of the posts above, do with her, is maybe recast her into the extended family of either Mikaela Rosenkranz or Jenny Kaplan, both of which are underway and both of which are also Jewish*. Not thinking a sibling most likely, but maybe more extended family, a cousin, something like that. That or just remake her standalone, whatever comes around.  

*Jenny mostly cause she just randomly ended up with her last name through the in game generator, but I liked the sound of it. Though now as I'm beginning to make her family members and especially with how her brother turned out looking I think I might go with that for her/their family background. 

On 10/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, mrrakkonn said:
  Hide contents

Hot Weather Clothing

HotWeather01.png.5e6410944a876d01c2b387ef067d6cbb.png

20yo Diva seems to be missing her shoes from her first hot weather outfit (quoted above). Can you identify those for me? I mean, I could just give her any ol' shoes, but I like to use 'em as the master created 'em. :D

On 10/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, mrrakkonn said:

As someone who tinkers a bit to make sims more Maxis matched, I'm definitely down for the swap.

14 hours ago, Mautine88 said:

Hey, ive been using your save, and for some reason the alto men keep getting a weird black skin bug. its the alto men and that male fitness trainer. any ideas?

The save is corrupted. Not sure if that's the cause of that bug specifically but the save is broken regardless. Mrrakkonn is working on a v2.5 or v3 that will be fixed with some additions. 

If you're can't wait. My advice is just to download the lots from the save and place them in new one then download the sims from this thread and place them manually.

Edit: Updates can break some custom skins depending on how they're made. I always delete the skintone folder and edit everyone to have vanilla skin tones as they never really bothered me.

Sorry everyone! I've been a bit preoccupied this week!

On 11/4/2020 at 3:24 AM, ThisGhost said:

20yo Diva seems to be missing her shoes from her first hot weather outfit (quoted above). Can you identify those for me? I mean, I could just give her any ol' shoes, but I like to use 'em as the master created 'em. :D

I'll see if I can get around to reuploading her with those shoes. For now, here's a DL link for them 

https://dallasgirl79.tumblr.com/post/620416070533218304/pebbles-sandals-new-mesh-a-huge-thank-you

18 hours ago, Mautine88 said:

Hey, ive been using your save, and for some reason the alto men keep getting a weird black skin bug. its the alto men and that male fitness trainer. any ideas?

This is probably related to your game not loading the custom nose presets those sims use (should be included in the download), it's come up before

On 4/28/2020 at 3:14 AM, mrrakkonn said:

Well, it seems it's related to the game not properly loading thsoe custom presets (which should be included in the download). With those and stuff like overridees you generally have to make sure that they're near the top of the mod load order, with the sims this generally means having a mod folder structure where overrides and presets and such are not nested several subfolders deep in your mod folder and maybe even putting them in a folder named something like "!presets" to make sure they are loaded early. 

Otherwise this problem is not specifically related to my sims so I'd advice either googling the problem or getting help in the technical help forums for Sims 4 here.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, j27f1981 said:

For anyone that is having issues with the preset. make sure you delete "obscurus_nose_presets_2m"  and keep "obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD"  which is clearly the updated version.

it fixed my issue.

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

The save is corrupted. Not sure if that's the cause of that bug specifically but the save is broken regardless. Mrrakkonn is working on a v2.5 or v3 that will be fixed with some additions. 

Is it? I wasn't aware. Seemed to work fine when I tested it some weeks back to see how it played with that degree and club LE bug fix. 

3 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Sorry everyone! I've been a bit preoccupied this week!

I'll see if I can get around to reuploading her with those shoes. For now, here's a DL link for them 

https://dallasgirl79.tumblr.com/post/620416070533218304/pebbles-sandals-new-mesh-a-huge-thank-you

Aren't we all? At least those of us who live in the USA, anyway. No worries!

The pic looks more like the DallasGirl Bambam sandals, linked from the one you linked. Either way, this is perfect, thank you for the link!

2 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

You didn't upload a version with that fix dude... Unless I'm mistaken and you were referring to an update you were working on.

I literally mentioned in my post that there are mods that fix the club and degree tracker LE issues in the save, the mod was first linked here, then I linked it in the thread for my world, and I put a link at the top of the download description for my world. 

1 hour ago, mrrakkonn said:

I literally mentioned in my post that there are mods that fix the club and degree tracker LE issues in the save, the mod was first linked here, then I linked it in the thread for my world, and I put a link at the top of the download description for my world. 

Then I'm just a dumbass for not paying attention. ?

Trying out a different hairstyle for Maryam Khoroushi, while I like the one I have been using for her for a long time, it (like many other Simmandy hairs) was actually pretty awful when it came to how it morphed and got warped when she moved or was posed, so I was looking for something that worked better. What I ended up with (at the moment) looks sort of different, but still looks pretty good I think, also works with glasses-compatible 3D eyelashes, which is a plus.

in addition to that I've some minor outfit changes (which I'll keep anyway) and I gave her a small nose stud, which I think might work. 

image.png.f2b55148aa302188fca10ddb82aee51a.png    image.png.5ba52e62bee8591be3c330f3a79a303f.png

3 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Trying out a different hairstyle for Maryam Khoroushi...

Nice! FWIW, I don't notice much trouble with Maryam, but my game has a bitch of a time rendering the hair for Rachel Mason, often leaving her with a buzz cut look instead of rendering fully, especially in situation outfits for some reason. With any luck, it's just my system and not widespread.

BTW, S4TI confirmed the Bambam sandals for Diva. I installed both anyway, of course. Thanks again! :D

18 hours ago, ThisGhost said:

Nice! FWIW, I don't notice much trouble with Maryam, but my game has a bitch of a time rendering the hair for Rachel Mason, often leaving her with a buzz cut look instead of rendering fully, especially in situation outfits for some reason. With any luck, it's just my system and not widespread.

BTW, S4TI confirmed the Bambam sandals for Diva. I installed both anyway, of course. Thanks again! :D

Well, it's mostly in certain animations where the neck is turned or tilted and such, and the hair morphs pretty badly with those movements. I've mostly tried to avoid it in pictures, but even then it sometimes turns up. Like it bends weirdly, even compared to sims 4 hairs in general. In pictures I've made efforts to avoid it, but even then it occassionally snuck through

image.png.9ff52a4dd09cb9da308d7d2324f14d3b.png   image.png.f9fb428ae3ef9740e2a4d325c3f8bd91.png

Like I like the general look of that hair, but now that I'm warming up to this alternate hairstyle, I think it looks cute in perhaps a more messy way, and it's much more "well-behaved" in how it interacts with poses and animations. Also works together with glasses-compatible 3D lashes, which is a plus. 

The problem which Rachel's hair is probably as you say that it sometimes takes time to render or might not render properly together with certain outfits. It might be worthwhile looking for an alternative there as well. It's also kind of weirdly transparent from certain angles which is annoying. 

E: Anyway, new sim(s) probably coming next week. I was very much otherwise pre-occupied this week as I mentioned for obvious reasons ;)

Alright. Looks like there's some bugs related to the latest patch, unfortunately I've already updated so I can't stay on the old one. There's some broken mods I was gonna wait for, but also potentially a vanilla CTD issue. Means you'll probably have to wait a while before I get back to doing anything as I'm going to be adopting a wait and see approach to do this and just hold off Sims 4 for a while.

Sorry about the inconvenience.