vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

3 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Asking for opinion to users of REDELBE.

I'm about to implement a way to hide battle HUD in REDELBE, a feature that has been repeteadly requested.

- What keyboard shortcut would you like to be used? Although I thought of using F5 like Autolink, I think that may be interfere with 3DMigoto (not sure if many users use it in DOA6).

- Do you want it to be like in spectator mode, where you can still see the hits info, or would you rather want those hidden too? Currently I have it like in spectator mode, because I copied my implementation from what the game does in spectator mode, but finding the way to hide those other would probably not be too difficult (probably...)

-I don't use 3DMigoto.  But I'd like it to keep it similar to Autolink just to keep it consistent across both games.  So maybe a compromise could be CTRL+F5?

-Keeping it like spectator mode where you see the hits info is nice, because players always have the option to turn it off within the game.  It'll be more a of QoL life thing if you want to disable the info too.

9 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I'm about to implement a way to hide battle HUD in REDELBE, a feature that has been repeteadly requested.

- What keyboard shortcut would you like to be used? Although I thought of using F5 like Autolink, I think that may be interfere with 3DMigoto (not sure if many users use it in DOA6).

- Do you want it to be like in spectator mode, where you can still see the hits info, or would you rather want those hidden too? Currently I have it like in spectator mode, because I copied my implementation from what the game does in spectator mode, but finding the way to hide those other would probably not be too difficult (probably...)

CTRL+F5?

I didn't think 3DMigoto still works

14 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I don't use 3DMigoto so for me is fine F5 (or any other option). With hiding the hit info you mean when,during a battle, the "Break Blow, Counter, Throw" banners pop-up?

If we are going to hide the HUD in VS mode, I guess that is better to hide them as well, otherwise in Spectator Mode they can be there because the game can toggle them off as well.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, gatto tom said:

I don't use 3DMigoto so for me is fine F5 (or any other option). With hiding the hit info you mean when,during a battle, the "Break Blow, Counter, Throw" banners pop-up?

If we are going to hide the HUD in VS mode, I guess that is better to hide them as well, otherwise in Spectator Mode they can be there because the game can toggle them off as well.

Well, I've finally decided to keep the F5 key (I will make a ini setting to disable the feature in case someone wants to sort incompatibility with 3DMigoto). I will also hide those additional hud elements (hits info), as I've found them by experimentation.

Updated REDELBE to 2.7

Changelog:

- REDELBE can now toggle (hide/show) the battle HUD using the F5 key. (You can press the key at any moment in the battle or in battle loading screen. You will hear a "beep" when doing it).
  This is enabled by default, but it can be disabled in the .ini with the "enable_hide_battle_hud" setting in the [UI] section.
- The stage used in survival mode can now be costumized using the ini setting "survival_stage" in the [Misc] section. (By default it is set to S0401CLS, the colosseum stage, for vanilla behavior)
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 2.7)
- Bugfix: there was a bug affecting layer2 mods when they were randomly selected. Under some circumstances, REDELBE could get desynced with the game, and the mod data wouldn't load (effects were more visible on mods using work feature) The bug has been fixed for costumes & hair mods; possibly a similar bug still exists for stages, that will be fixed in a future update.
- Bugfix: Layer2 mod with files in RRP wouldn't properly work if the user had files in RRPreview folder.
- Bugfix: the patch for random glasses was partially done even if the feature was not enabled.
- All log lines will now display a time stamp (relative to the start of the game) in format H:MM:SS.mmm

-----

rdbtool updated to 2.7

Changelog:
- More filenames available (all remaining filenames of system.rdb, most filenames of ScreenLayout.rdb and a few of RRPreview.rdb)
- The search function of qrdbtool has been reworked. Now while typing in the search box, qrdbtool will filter the file list to only contain the items that match or contain the text (Note: the minimal search must be of 3 characters)

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Updated REDELBE to 2.7

Changelog:

- REDELBE can now toggle (hide/show) the battle HUD using the F5 key. (You can press the key at any moment in the battle or in battle loading screen. You will hear a "beep" when doing it).
  This is enabled by default, but it can be disabled in the .ini with the "enable_hide_battle_hud" setting in the [UI] section.
- The stage used in survival mode can now be costumized using the ini setting "survival_stage" in the [Misc] section. (By default it is set to S0401CLS, the colosseum stage, for vanilla behavior)
- Bugfix: there was a bug affecting layer2 mods when they were randomly selected. Under some circumstances, REDELBE could get desynced with the game, and the mod data wouldn't load (effects were more visible on mods using work feature) The bug has been fixed for costumes & hair mods; possibly a similar bug still exists for stages, that will be fixed in a future update.
- Bugfix: Layer2 mod with files in RRP wouldn't properly work if the user had files in RRPreview folder.
- Bugfix: the patch for random glasses was partially done even if the feature was not enabled.
- All log lines will now display a time stamp (relative to the start of the game) in format H:MM:SS.mmm

-----

rdbtool updated to 2.7

Changelog:
- More filenames available (all remaining filenames of system.rdb, most filenames of ScreenLayout.rdb and a few of RRPreview.rdb)
- The search function of qrdbtool has been reworked. Now while typing in the search box, qrdbtool will filter the file list to only contain the items that match or contain the text (Note: the minimal search must be of 3 characters)

I updated to the latest version of the game and REDELBE (2.7) - the 'half-naked mod' does not work. I put the REDELBE files from that mod into the folder after installed REDELBE (folder and dinput8.dll). How do I access the half-naked "costumes"? Please help.

1 hour ago, SkyrimSuzerain said:

I updated to the latest version of the game and REDELBE (2.7) - the 'half-naked mod' does not work. I put the REDELBE files from that mod into the folder after installed REDELBE (folder and dinput8.dll). How do I access the half-naked "costumes"? Please help.

Is it a layer2 mod? If it is a layer2 mod, you have to go to the costume where the mod works, and press "F" (in keyboard) or Back button (in xbox controller) or the equivalent button if other controller.

13 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Updated REDELBE to 2.7

Changelog:

-----

rdbtool updated to 2.7

Changelog:

Totally awesome!

21 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Is it a layer2 mod? If it is a layer2 mod, you have to go to the costume where the mod works, and press "F" (in keyboard) or Back button (in xbox controller) or the equivalent button if other controller.

Thank you! I didn't know we had to press 'F' to get it to work (doh!). It works beautifully now and the bounciness is awesome!

On 4/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, vagonumero13 said:

rdbtool updated to 2.7

Changelog:

That helps a lot now. Thank you

A beta of rdbtool 2.8, with the .g1t preview. (Once it is out of beta, it will be moved to main post)

I need testers to check if the .g1t preview works properly, etc. The .g1t code I'm using here will be used in future g1t tools.

Just to clarify: if a g1t fails to be decoded, qrdbtool wouldn't expand the window at all. If it expands but you see nothing, that's probably the case of a full transparent image.

Anyway, if you think an image failed to be decoded properly or see some oddity, please report it. I think it supports all multiple .g1t formats of the game, even the more weirds ones like the ones that have pixels in float and half float numbers.

Also, please check if the g1t takes too much time in loading, etc.

Btw, the search function efficiency has also been improved, as previously searching in MaterialEditor would be too problematic.

rdbtool_2.8beta.zip

On 4/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, vagonumero13 said:

A beta of rdbtool 2.8, with the .g1t preview. (Once it is out of beta, it will be moved to main post)

I need testers to check if the .g1t preview works properly, etc. The .g1t code I'm using here will be used in future g1t tools.

Just to clarify: if a g1t fails to be decoded, qrdbtool wouldn't expand the window at all. If it expands but you see nothing, that's probably the case of a full transparent image.

Anyway, if you think an image failed to be decoded properly or see some oddity, please report it. I think it supports all multiple .g1t formats of the game, even the more weirds ones like the ones that have pixels in float and half float numbers.

Also, please check if the g1t takes too much time in loading, etc.

Btw, the search function efficiency has also been improved, as previously searching in MaterialEditor would be too problematic.

rdbtool_2.8beta.zip 21.73 MB · 27 downloads

This function is pretty useful thank you for impleting it. The only issue is that sometimes the Alpha-channel isn't loaded correctly and you see the black background or sometimes worse like in this picture.

Spoiler

Immagine.png.f398f44122bdc68a40b817c1c7b455a4.png

About the new search function, now is it case sensitive right?

1 hour ago, gatto tom said:

This function is pretty useful thank you for impleting it. The only issue is that sometimes the Alpha-channel isn't loaded correctly and you see the black background or sometimes worse like in this picture.

Reveal hidden contents

Immagine.png.f398f44122bdc68a40b817c1c7b455a4.png

About the new search function, now is it case sensitive right?

Yeah, it is case sensitive. It wasn't before? I don't remember. I guess I could make it case insensitive, not sure if it'll have much impact on perfomance.

About the image, I located the issue., thanks for reporting.

This line:

Spoiler

*alpha = (format == DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM);

should have been this:

Spoiler

*alpha = (format == DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM);

That error was specific of the uncompressed ARGB format, for the compressed textures I'm using the same Microsoft library than the photoshop intel plugin and paint.net use, so those will be fine.

Anyway, here qrdbtool 2.8 beta 2, with that bug fixed, with the search case insensitive, and with support for "array textures". Array textures are a special kind of multi-texture type. Examples are the kidsmm1/kidsmm2/kidswtm files. All of these have several textures, but LINKDATATOOL and the previous version of qrdbtool would only see the first.

These multi-textures are different from the ones in some files of Screenlayout,; these ones likely go to the gpu together and always have same characteristics between them (size, mipmaps, format, etc).

qrdbtool_2.8beta2.zip

Added new tool: g1t_tools 0.1

There are command line tools and a gui tool.

-----------

Basic usage of the command line tools:

Extraction of files:

- Drag and drop a .g1t file to g1t_extract, and it will be extracted. If the .g1t contains only one texture, it will be extracted in same directory. Otherwise, in multi-textures .g1t, a new folder will be created and the textures placed there.

- Mass extraction: drag and drop a folder containing multiple .g1t files, and g1t_extract will extract all of them.

Replacing files:

- If it is a g1t file with a single dds, then drag and drop the .dds file to g1t_replace (note: the g1t must also exist).

On multitextures, drag and drop the folder instead

-------------

Basic usage of the gui (qg1t_tool)

Opening g1t files:

There are 3 ways of opening a .g1t file in qg1t_tool:

1) By opening the program, and then File->Open

2) By opening the program, and then drag and drop a .g1t to the program window.

3) By associating the .g1t extension to the program. You can do this with the windows file explorer, by double-clicking on a .g1t file, and then choose qg1t_tool as program to always view .g1t files. Once you do this, you will be able to double click .g1t files and start qg1t_tool inmediately. I recommend you to do this, it will save you a lot of time.

Extracting files:

Just click the extract button and select output file. On multi-textures .g1t, there is an additional button, "Extract all", to extract all textures at once to a directory.

Replacing files:

There are 3 ways.

1) By pressing "Replace (browse)", select the dds. The program will update the .g1t with the dds. On multi-texture .g1t, it is the current selected image the one that will be replaced (note: on multi-texture .g1t, there will be a combobox in the lower right corner, you can use it to change the current texture)

2) By pressing "Replace" button. This button will replace the texture with the file whose path is in the text field next to it. Because method 1) also updates this text field, you could use the following metodology if you need to constantly update a g1t for testing: first time use method 1 to select a file. And next time, just use the replace button for fast replace.

3) By dragging a .dds file to the program window. Just like above, you can combine this method with method 2 if you need to replace the same file multiple times while testing a texture.

-------------

On the subject of "array textures". Array textures are a special kind of multi-textures that weren't supported by LINKDATATOOL.

In qg1t_tool, you will recognize them because the combobox will display "Arr 0", "Arr 1", etc. On g1t_extract, those will also be the filenames where they are extracted.

The thing is, that all textures of an array texture must have same widht, same height, and same image format, otherwise an error will be issued.

(Note: technically, they should also have the same number of mipmaps, but because I'm aware of the fact that the game textures use less mipmaps than the ones generated by the photoshop intel plugin or paint.net, the program has special code to handle the case of different number of mipmaps in array images and auto-correct it, so you shouldn't worry about that).

REDELBE updated to 2.8:

Changelog:

- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 2.8)
- Important bugfix: the loader of additional filenames was critically slow, causing a delay of between 10-20 seconds depending of cpu speed. The new implementation has brought it down to ~40 milisecs.
  Now the game should boot faster.

------

rdbtool updated to 2.8

Changelog:

- More filenames available (a few effects in CE, and few island textures in ME)
- The search function efficiency of qrdbtool has been improved (mainly noticeable in MaterialEditor)
- Fixed: the search was canse sensitive.
- Important bugfix: the loader of additional filenames was critically slow. This would cause the load of MaterialEditor to be delayed by 10-20 seconds, depending of cpu speed.
  The loading speed of MaterialEditor is now significantly faster.
- qrdbtool can now preview .g1t files.

---------------

I can't believe it took me more than a year to realize that important cpu bottleneck. I guess it was a good idea to add timestamps to the log, it is what allowed me to notice something was off.

Btw, that bug is not related with the one that some people have in the splash screen. The splash screen issue is a vanilla bug.

This release of REDELBE was mainly to fix that bug, as I consider it important. In next release, I may add some feature.

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

REDELBE updated to 2.8:

Changelog:

- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 2.8)
- Important bugfix: the loader of additional filenames was critically slow, causing a delay of between 10-20 seconds depending of cpu speed. The new implementation has brought it down to ~40 milisecs.
  Now the game should boot faster.

------

rdbtool updated to 2.8

Changelog:

- More filenames available (a few effects in CE, and few island textures in ME)
- The search function efficiency of qrdbtool has been improved (mainly noticeable in MaterialEditor)
- Fixed: the search was canse sensitive.
- Important bugfix: the loader of additional filenames was critically slow. This would cause the load of MaterialEditor to be delayed by 10-20 seconds, depending of cpu speed.
  The loading speed of MaterialEditor is now significantly faster.
- qrdbtool can now preview .g1t files.

---------------

I can't believe it took me more than a year to realize that important cpu bottleneck. I guess it was a good idea to add timestamps to the log, it is what allowed me to notice something was off.

Btw, that bug is not related with the one that some people have in the splash screen. The splash screen issue is a vanilla bug.

This release of REDELBE was mainly to fix that bug, as I consider it important. In next release, I may add some feature.

Hi Vago,

Who is your favoured DOA6 girl? I really want to make a special mod for you to thank your for all the hard work !

14 minutes ago, fgh1t6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi Vago,

Who is your favoured DOA6 girl? I really want to make a special mod for you to thank your for all the hard work !

It is difficult to decide, it would be between Kasumi, Momiji, Marie Rose and Honoka. Let's say Honoka, as she seems to have less mods than the others, or at least less mods than Kasumi&Momiji.

3 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

It is difficult to decide, it would be between Kasumi, Momiji, Marie Rose and Honoka. Let's say Honoka, as she seems to have less mods than the others, or at least less mods than Kasumi&Momiji.

? ! Honoka is a very special case in DOA, Her mesh is so uncommon that parts cannot be reused for other girls. But in deed she is the most  sexy Curvy model. I do have an idea of her, it will be a kind of "hard core" though,  hope you won't mind