vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

On 2020/4/10 at 午後4時39分, vagonumero13 said:

2.5は1.21で動作します。あなたは何か間違ったことをしたかもしれません。.dllとREDELBEフォルダーの両方をコピーする必要があることに注意してください。

Hello. I also do not work with REDEBLE2.5 and Ver.1.21.
Failed to apply patch "Layer2: PatchSRFT"
Is displayed.

Even if you delete PatchSRFT from layer2.xml of 2.5, you will get the same error in PatchSRFTS.
Deleting it didn't work.
I can not solve it because I am not familiar.

REDELBE updated to 2.6

Changelog:

- Layer2 support for High Society (COS_105, HAIR_105) and school (COS_106) DLC.
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 2.6)
- Modders can now use the subfolder "RRP" in any layer2 mod, to override files from RRPreview.

--------------

rdbtool updated to 2.6

Changelog:

- More filenames available (files from 1.22, a few island textures in ME, island animal models in CE and all CE .sid files)
- Support for 1.22 dead files

Just now, vagonumero13 said:

Which files are those?

It is probably a case of permanent preload.

like FE4_Field_Common_EFF_bst_dust.g1e. maybe more.

but something strange.

when I replace modded(renamed) g1e without layer2 and put original g1e files into layer 2, it's working.

I mean

original g1e - working in layer2

renamed g1e, ktid - not working in layer2

sorry for my bad english.

2 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

Oh ok, it works...but the game crashes if I use any other stage mod or any default stage in general. Is there anything I have to put in mod.ini?

This seems like a bug of REDELBE, because until now, I never had the case of Layer2 having to handle the so called "External files", like it is the case of that .srst file. Until I fix this bug, files that show as "External" in qrdbtool version column (i think all .srst are external). Basically what is happening, is that once the layer2 is invalidated, the game is returning to a wrong version of the original file with some extra data that shouldn't be there for external files.

I bet that even if you had the original files in layer2, the bug would happen.

It is possible that if you have copies of the original files in RRPreview, the bug may not happen.

I will try to fix this tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Nukke said:

fbx2g1a_Bug.png.91fa7b1785ebf19207e9f920e35e741f.png

Thank you for your wonderful tools.
I have a bug so I will share it.
The motion of the g1a file created by processing the FBX file including the red bone motion on the blender screen with fbx2g1a is unnatural.
Motions other than the above have no major bugs. Is this still unsolved?

If it looks fine in blender but bad in game, that's probably because of the linear interpolation used by fbx2g1a. The game uses cubic interpolation, but fbx2g1a turns it into linear by nullyfing the x^3 and x^2 coefficients. This was done to skips the maths, as I have absolutely no idea of how to transform the data that I have access to with the fbx sdk into a cubic function. At worst, I could generate the cubic function myself, but I'll have to read about the topic.

A different approach would be turining each frame into a keyframe. This will, without any doubt, increase the file size, and I'm not sure if it would stress the game more, but in theory, it would give the same exact aspect that in blender, and it is much easier to implement.

10 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

This seems like a bug of REDELBE, because until now, I never had the case of Layer2 having to handle the so called "External files", like it is the case of that .srst file. Until I fix this bug, files that show as "External" in qrdbtool version column (i think all .srst are external). Basically what is happening, is that once the layer2 is invalidated, the game is returning to a wrong version of the original file with some extra data that shouldn't be there for external files.

I bet that even if you had the original files in layer2, the bug would happen.

It is possible that if you have copies of the original files in RRPreview, the bug may not happen.

I will try to fix this tomorrow.

I'll try it in the morning and see. Thanks for your hard work for the past year.

Updated REDELBE to 2.61

Changelog:

- Bugfix: There was a critical bug affecting the so called "external files" (like any .srst file) in Layer2 mods. If a mod had one of these files, the game would crash whenever the layer2 mod was NOT active.

----------

@perfectdark023I specifically used your FE4_Common_BG modifications as test case, and it seems to work now.

If anyone release a layer2 mod with .srst files, pleast insist to your users to update REDELBE to 2.61 or any later version.

11 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Updated REDELBE to 2.61

Changelog:

- Bugfix: There was a critical bug affecting the so called "external files" (like any .srst file) in Layer2 mods. If a mod had one of these files, the game would crash whenever the layer2 mod was NOT active.

----------

@perfectdark023I specifically used your FE4_Common_BG modifications as test case, and it seems to work now.

If anyone release a layer2 mod with .srst files, pleast insist to your users to update REDELBE to 2.61 or any later version.

its working, but I need to see if I'm breaking the audio or I'm breaking the mod tool. If I replace 2 audio files like bg_los_ambi_loop_4ch and bg_los2_ambi_loop_4ch. bg_los_ambi_loop_4ch loses its audio completely and bg_los2_ambi_loop_4ch keeps the modified file. But the problem is fixed if I add them to RRPreview itself and not Layer2 RRP. You don't need to fix it immediately, I can live with 1 of them. You can only do so much.

42 minutes ago, perfectdark023 said:

its working, but I need to see if I'm breaking the audio or I'm breaking the mod tool. If I replace 2 audio files like bg_los_ambi_loop_4ch and bg_los2_ambi_loop_4ch. bg_los_ambi_loop_4ch loses its audio completely and bg_los2_ambi_loop_4ch keeps the modified file. But the problem is fixed if I add them to RRPreview itself and not Layer2 RRP. You don't need to fix it immediately, I can live with 1 of them. You can only do so much.

Do you mean that the second audio doesn't play when the Layer2 mod is active or it doesn't play after the Layer2 mod is disabled?

Although, are you sure you also updated the .srsa in the Layer2 mod? What you are describing seems like what happens when you put a .srst without the .srsa or with an old .srsa. Everytime the .srst gets modified by srsxtool, the .srsa gets modified too, since the .srsa has the offset pointers to the audio in the .srst.

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Do you mean that the second audio doesn't play when the Layer2 mod is active or it doesn't play after the Layer2 mod is disabled?

Although, are you sure you also updated the .srsa in the Layer2 mod? What you are describing seems like what happens when you put a .srst without the .srsa or with an old .srsa. Everytime the .srst gets modified by srsxtool, the .srsa gets modified too, since the .srsa has the offset pointers to the audio in the .srst.

the first audio doesn't play, i'll look at it later. I might have the outdated .srsa

8 minutes ago, Nukke said:

12.avi

Sorry, someone know about this bug?

After the size of the g1m file decreased, I dropped it on the Character Editor and started the game. (Size reduced from 2141KB to 1970KB)
Characters are not displayed when selecting the corresponding costume, and the loading screen after selecting the map no longer ends.

I have this problem as well if I try to update a g1m file.  Once it fails to load the model in char selection, it stops loading all models.  So I cant event switch to a different character or costume in game without restarting the game (by Nekfu)

That SNK_COS_010.g1m in the video is not the original one, right?

I think what happens in the video is one of the issues g1m_import has with meshes that share vertex buffers. When modifying meshes that share vertex buffers, if one is imported but not the other, something like this bug happens. It is a bug I have pending to resolve.

At the moment, what you can do to resolve this issue is trying to load each vb in Blender, and resave them in blender. Blender will likely take care of the "trash" (unused vertex), then use g1m_import again.

Warning in advance I'm definitely not an expert on this and my modifications were to a modification of an original outfit but...

Use the rdbtool to open the Charactereditor.rdb.  Find the original g1m file in there (in your case SNK_COS_010.g1m) and extract that.

You can then use g1mexport to export the original .vb files.

I combined the original .vb files with my modified .vb that were exported out of blender.  Re ran the g1mimport tool.

Then finished with g1mhide to hide the meshes that were hidden in the first place

18 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I'm using these 2

FE4_Common_BG.srsa
FE4_Common_BG.srst

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

No, sorry, I thought you wanted to post the files. Did you make sure that the .srsa was the one updated along the .srst?

oh you wanted it, here. BAM.zip

if you mean update .srsa as in using the SRSxtool_replace, I did that and nothing changed in the starting area.

the container/version is

FE4_Common_BG.srsa bin14/1.11

FE4_Common_BG.srst external (2019/Dec/05)

if you're talking about that. I just don't understand what you mean by update. sorry

29 minutes ago, perfectdark023 said:

oh you wanted it, here. BAM.zip

if you mean update .srsa as in using the SRSxtool_replace, I did that and nothing changed in the starting area.

the container/version is

FE4_Common_BG.srsa bin14/1.11

FE4_Common_BG.srst external (2019/Dec/05)

if you're talking about that. I just don't understand what you mean by update. sorry

When using srsxtool and srsxtool_replace on files that have both .srsa and .srst, drag and drop only the .srst, never the .srsa (but remember, the .srsa will also be updated).

If you drag the .srsa, the program will write those .ext_audio files in the .srsa, which contain the position of the .srst files, but by doing that, it would be reverting to the vanilla positions of the audio, which usually would cause all tracks after the first one to be misplaced.

Anyway I noticed the .srsa in your file had 16 bytes different to the one I generated with your audio files, albeit the .srst were identical.

Anyway, check if these files work ok:

fe4.rar