vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I have located the part of the game that checks for these 10000 and 20000 numbers. I have plans in the future to do some tool that allows to copy a mesh or a submesh from a .g1m into other (will probably give variated resutls depending of the source/dest). When I do that, I will debug that code and check what the game exactly does there, since I will be needing it when copying cloths and "ponytails".

Great news, looking forward to it.

REDELBE updated to 2.9

Changelog:

- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 2.9)
- Bugfix: as noted in a previous changelog, there was a synchronization bug that was fixed for layer2 costume/hair mods, but not for stage. It is now fixed for stages as well.
- Modders can now disable npc (spectators) in layer2 stage mods by adding "disable_npc = true" in the [Stage] section of the mod.ini.
  This currently only work in Colosseum (day or night), Throwdown (afternoon or night) and Chinese Festival (both floors) stages.
  Version of these stages without npc are now available in "[Optional] Extras/Story mode stages"
- Modders can now specify a different bgm track in layer2 stage mods. To do so, add the line "bgm = xxx" in the [Stage] section, where xxx is the name of the track.
  The name of the track is the name of the file as extracted from SE1_Common_BGM.srst by SRSXtool >= 1.0, without the extension. (For a sample, see the stages specified below)
  The Colosseum Night, Colosseum Night (no spectators) and Douglas Memorial Stage from "[Optional] Extras/Story mode stages" will now use the bgm used in story mode.
- A patch has been added to allow for random music (disabled by default). To enable, set "enable_random_music = true" in [Random] section.
  To configure extra parameters, see the [RandomMusic] section.

--------

rdbtool updated to 2.9

Changelog:

- More filenames available (remaining files in ScreenLayout, and multiple files in RRPreview and KIDSSystemResource)

---------------------

For next version of REDELBE, I will add a third method of random music, that will be like a mix of the other two. That mode will allow to select a list of random tracks per characters/stages, so it will basically become the ultimate random music thing.

To the attention of stage modders: the name of one of the island kidsobjdb files, 0x313aeac8.kidsobjdb, has now been discovered and it is Envs_S1601ISLlow_env.motor.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb. This name is now available to use (previous name is still supported).

Apparently the game uses this file over the other one when the graphics are in lower mode. (I think it may be the quality of effects in the settings, but I didn't confirm, maybe it is the resolution).

And talking about kidsobjdb, I expect to release the tool to convert kidsobjdb to xml and viceversa next week. I think this will mainly have an impact in stage modding (things like adding snow without changing the illumination will likely become possible, and probably a lot of other things).

Edit: there is a mistake in the changelog. It has been fixed in the list above, but not in the .zip file.

When I said "disable_npc = false", I meant "disable_npc = true"

22 hours ago, sillv said:

Any chance an option to automatically hide the menu or victory counter after a match could be added? Something like DOA5 where you have to push a button first to bring the player menu back.

Vago added the function to hide the HUD. Press F5 if I'm not wrong.

Guys, do you think is possible to bring Animations from DOA5LR to DOA6? I tried a bit on Blender, but without results

45 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

Guys, do you think is possible to bring Animations from DOA5LR to DOA6? I tried a bit on Blender, but without results

I'm not familiarized about how animations can be ported from one game to other, so I don't know the definitive answer, but I guess that if the skeletons are different, they may need to be redone or something.

One day I tried a experiment. I used some of these DOA5LR tools that exported their native format to a .csv readable file, with all frames dumped. Then I made a program to read that csv file, and mapped each doa5lr bone used in that animation to a "closer" one in DOA6 while creating a .g1a file from that animation data. The result was a monster animation. However, I don't discard that the test failed because of some other thing (like different axis or something), but I guess it would be too good to be true if an animation could just be converted programatically between two different games.

13 hours ago, gatto tom said:

Unfortunately that only hides the health bar. It would be awesome if it also hid the victory counter at the end of a match.

Here messing with the new version of fid_utility with kidsobjdb support that I will release later in the day.

Road Rage with more snow and fully cloudy:

Spoiler

20200603111859_1.jpg.2874712d9cf3e1ad78965b79f1f34ab5.jpg

Road Rage with temperature changed from -10.0 to -30.0 (it gives a bit of Nier Automata Copied City/Tower vibes)

Spoiler

image.jpeg.ab9ccf18e0e5f8e5234fc9cf9a3edf84.jpeg

Road Rage with snow changed to rain:

Spoiler

20200603113805_1.jpg.e9bd1066e77a1366606ac784316de203.jpg

The night version of Road Rage with snow:

Spoiler

20200603120112_1.jpg.8b682ccbd4dfed5cd059bc5ce5c726ee.jpg

The night version of Road Rage with rain:

Spoiler

20200603121006_1.jpg.fe370c96a1d3ad7e830e851b025fd9db.jpg

I will release all of these stages later too with a "how it was done.txt" in the KIDS folder, so that stage modders have a starting point on what to do with the .kidsobjdb.xml files.

These files are actually very complex and it looks that most (or all?) Envs files of stages have 536 objects.

However, from those 536 objects, the most relevant is one called "KIDSGlobalCamera[基本]". Changing the values in only this object is what allowed the 5 mods in the screenshot above.

Anyway, I think this will a game changer for stage modding. And this is only the Envs file, probably more shit can be done with the Field ones (probably removing/adding objects may become possible with those, but I haven't tested).

fid_utility updated to version 0.6.

Changelog:

- The package now includes the changelog.
- Support for kidsobjdb files (Note: kidsobjdb files are converted to .xml). Important: the file master.bin is needed when converting kidsobjdb to xml, otherwhise the xml will be very cryptic.
- Added the .bat "fid_utility_sort.bat". This .bat is only meaningful for kidsobjdb. It will cause the converted xml to have its objects ordered by name (only the objects will be ordered, not the columns), which  is useful when comparing .kidsobjdb of the same kind (like Envs files of stages).
- Partial support for .oid files (binary .oid files will be converted to .txt, but the reverse conversor is not yet implemented)

--------------

Further information:

- The fid_utility_sort.bat: when converting from kidsobjdb to .xml, it will sort objects by name. When converting from .xml to .kidsobjdb, it will sort by hash. From my experience, it seems the game doesn't care about the order of the objects anyway, or at least this is true for stage Envs files, I cannot confirm this is the case for all kidsobjdb in the game.

- The tool has been validated with the 100% of files in the game with a batch test (this means the program is able to regenerate an identical binary file from the xml).

- If the tool detects that an object has a "blob", the blob will be output in a folder with same filename, and the xml data of the object will point to it. An example of blobs are the script bytecode of the .mud files.

Known issues:

- The decompilation of very large files (such as CE1CommonResource.motor.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb) can take quite a lot of time (more than 1 minute). (the compilation takes less). The bottle neck is located in the tinyxml library, so I can't do for the moment fix that slowness.

I attach in this post the "Road Rage samples", the first stages that have made use of this tool. All of the stages come with a "how it was done.txt", that you can find in the KIDS folder, so that modders can get started on how to mod stage's Envs files.

Advices to stage modders:

- The object "KIDSGlobalCamera[基本]" seem to be the most important thing in the Envs file, and it is probably what you want to look/modify at first.

- A good manner to learn what some things do is to compare two Envs files, since it seem most of them share a base. To properly compare them, I advice you to always use the "fid_utility_sort.bat", that will sort the objects by name (it looks like by default, the game has them oredered by hash, which in practice, is like chaotic order). In this way, it is possible that identical objects are at same line in both files (assuming they two files share the same structure)

---------

There are still several kidsobjdb files without name. I managed to crack some more, albeit these names aren't yet available in REDELBE or rdbtool. But in case you need them, they are these:

Spoiler

; Additional island field
0x996792aa,Field_S1601ISL.motor.settings.kidsobjdb
0xe98cb1a3,Field_S1601ISL.motor.settings.kidsobjdb.name
0x0392ecec,Field_S1601ISL.planner.kidsobjdb
0x006bc413,Field_S1601ISL.planner.kidsobjdb.name
0x16bbf029,Field_S1601ISL.sound.kidsobjdb
0x725e6510,Field_S1601ISL.sound.kidsobjdb.name
0x5fc10897,Field_S1601ISL.stage.decal.kidsobjdb
0x087bf43e,Field_S1601ISL.stage.decal.kidsobjdb.name
0x46ec7329,Field_S1601ISL.stage.group.kidsobjdb
0xefa75ed0,Field_S1601ISL.stage.group.kidsobjdb.name
0x9371d098,Field_S1601ISL.stage.kidsobjdb
0xef14457f,Field_S1601ISL.stage.kidsobjdb.name
0x5f25a6c3,Field_S1601ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1601ISL.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb
0x27689dfc,Field_S1601ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1601ISL.kidsscndb.name
0xe2b5c0d7,Field_S1601ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidsobjdb
0xbbfa157e,Field_S1601ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidsobjdb.name
0xb6144a2b,Field_S1601ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0x99fa4592,Field_S1601ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidssingletondb.name
0x8d5f0db6,Field_S1601ISL.stage.river.kidsobjdb
0x3619f95d,Field_S1601ISL.stage.river.kidsobjdb.name
0x40b62b0a,Field_S1601ISL.stage.river.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0xd0857d71,Field_S1601ISL.stage.river.kidssingletondb.name
0x3a72499f,Field_S1601ISL.stage.terrain.edit.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0xffbbc558,Field_S1601ISL.stage.terrain.edit.kidssingletondb.name
0x7e781e54,Field_S1601ISL.stage.terrain.edit.tool.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb
0xbea3c77b,Field_S1601ISL.stage.terrain.edit.tool.kidsscndb.name
0x12ff066b,Field_S1699ISL.motor.settings.kidsobjdb
0x63242564,Field_S1699ISL.motor.settings.kidsobjdb.name
0x7d2a60ad,Field_S1699ISL.planner.kidsobjdb
0x7a0337d4,Field_S1699ISL.planner.kidsobjdb.name
0x905363ea,Field_S1699ISL.sound.kidsobjdb
0xebf5d8d1,Field_S1699ISL.sound.kidsobjdb.name
0xd9587c58,Field_S1699ISL.stage.decal.kidsobjdb
0x821367ff,Field_S1699ISL.stage.decal.kidsobjdb.name
0xc083e6ea,Field_S1699ISL.stage.group.kidsobjdb
0x693ed291,Field_S1699ISL.stage.group.kidsobjdb.name
0x0d094459,Field_S1699ISL.stage.kidsobjdb
0x68abb940,Field_S1699ISL.stage.kidsobjdb.name
0xd8bd1a84,Field_S1699ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1601ISL.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb
0xa10011bd,Field_S1699ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1601ISL.kidsscndb.name
0x4dcbea63,Field_S1699ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1699ISL.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb
0x160ee19c,Field_S1699ISL.stage.light.lightdb_S1699ISL.kidsscndb.name
0x5c4d3498,Field_S1699ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidsobjdb
0x3591893f,Field_S1699ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidsobjdb.name
0x2fabbdec,Field_S1699ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0x1391b953,Field_S1699ISL.stage.projectionmap.kidssingletondb.name
0x06f68177,Field_S1699ISL.stage.river.kidsobjdb
0xafb16d1e,Field_S1699ISL.stage.river.kidsobjdb.name
0xba4d9ecb,Field_S1699ISL.stage.river.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0x4a1cf132,Field_S1699ISL.stage.river.kidssingletondb.name
0xb409bd60,Field_S1699ISL.stage.terrain.edit.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
0x79533919,Field_S1699ISL.stage.terrain.edit.kidssingletondb.name
0xf80f9215,Field_S1699ISL.stage.terrain.edit.tool.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb
0x383b3b3c,Field_S1699ISL.stage.terrain.edit.tool.kidsscndb.name

Road Rage samples.zip

On 6/3/2020 at 6:25 AM, vagonumero13 said:

Road Rage with snow changed to rain:

Reveal hidden contents

20200603113805_1.jpg.e9bd1066e77a1366606ac784316de203.jpg

The night version of Road Rage with snow:

Reveal hidden contents

20200603120112_1.jpg.8b682ccbd4dfed5cd059bc5ce5c726ee.jpg

The night version of Road Rage with rain:

Reveal hidden contents

20200603121006_1.jpg.fe370c96a1d3ad7e830e851b025fd9db.jpg

I will release all of these stages later too with a "how it was done.txt" in the KIDS folder, so that stage modders have a starting point on what to do with the .kidsobjdb.xml files.

These files are actually very complex and it looks that most (or all?) Envs files of stages have 536 objects.

However, from those 536 objects, the most relevant is one called "KIDSGlobalCamera[基本]". Changing the values in only this object is what allowed the 5 mods in the screenshot above.

Anyway, I think this will a game changer for stage modding. And this is only the Envs file, probably more shit can be done with the Field ones (probably removing/adding objects may become possible with those, but I haven't tested).

Oh ok that's great, I was trying to see if I could turn snow into rain, but the "Rain drop" ends up using the same texture as the snow. The only "rain like" water and behavior in the game I see was the tanker on Chinese Festival, but couldn't find the files. Then on top of that, I couldn't find most the sky boxes so I can change those too. I could only change Unforgettable's sky box 3 weeks ago.

I realized that in Hidden Garden, changing the "KIDSGlobalCamera[基本]" object is not enough to make snow (this may be the case of other multi-floor stages).

So, I just changed the parameters in all objects that have them (from the 536 objects, there are like 24 objects that have the main parameters, but anyway I just used the Notepad++ replace all with the "Extended" option to replace all of them in a row).

I attach the pack of Hidden Forest / Miyabi with snow, in case anyone is interested.

Spoiler

20200606195630_1.jpg.a356ef83c6619a23e02daa0e671c53ee.jpg20200606200523_1.jpg.0ad4e8069fc9cf3f268457f5aa27fa6b.jpg20200606200936_2.jpg.3050ddc4be4c1d5cac3620304ba9a3f9.jpg20200606194254_1.jpg.e25ee05e2e1c3b89fe1f9b56b8b534da.jpg

The night ones were created like the snowy version of Road Rage night, but with the changes applied to all objects that have that property, and with an additional change: the SkylightTemperature was changed to -10.0.

(Apparently when the SkylightTemperature is over 0.0, the game applies a rainy effect on the stage and chars)

The non-night ones were created similarly, but using the gym stage envs as base

Btw, some other parameters modders may be interested in:

SkylightFoggy -> (0.0 to 1.0), controls how much fog, although I think which parts of the stage have fog is controlled by something else.

PostEffect3HdrLut -> changing this to the value of other stage alters the colors. Who knows, maybe trying all combinations would give a nice different look to a stage.

Hidden Forest snowy.zip

Updated g1t_tools to 0.2.

Changelog:

- There was a bug with the Extract button in qg1t_tool: it wouldn't work on normal multi-textures (non array ones), like the ones in ScreenLayout or the ones in other games such as DissidiaNT or Atelier Ryza.

- The program will now warn if a corrupted .g1t is loaded.

- The program will now issue a warning if a .g1t that is likely a cubemap is loaded, since those aren't supported.

- The program will now issue a warning if a file that use two layers of multi-texture (regular one and array at the same time) is loaded, since those aren't properly supported.

----------

Corrupted g1t files: when lurking in the Atelier Ryza thread, I noticed some modders there have corrupted multi-texture .g1t files (in concrete, only some of the textures were corrupted, which is why it still works in game). The corruption was probably the doing of a modding tool. Those will likely crash my program, but at least now a warning is issued before that.

Cubemaps: you shouldn't probably worry about this, there are no files like this in MaterialEditor. Only some special files in RRPreview, a few ones in FieldEditor4 and exactly one in system are like this.

Double multi-layered: same as above, not many files have this characteristics, and anyway, not in MaterialEditor.

13 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Updated g1t_tools to 0.2.

Changelog:

- There was a bug with the Extract button in qg1t_tool: it wouldn't work on normal multi-textures (non array ones), like the ones in ScreenLayout or the ones in other games such as DissidiaNT or Atelier Ryza.

- The program will now warn if a corrupted .g1t is loaded.

- The program will now issue a warning if a .g1t that is likely a cubemap is loaded, since those aren't supported.

- The program will now issue a warning if a file that use two layers of multi-texture (regular one and array at the same time) is loaded, since those aren't properly supported.

----------

Corrupted g1t files: when lurking in the Atelier Ryza thread, I noticed some modders there have corrupted multi-texture .g1t files (in concrete, only some of the textures were corrupted, which is why it still works in game). The corruption was probably the doing of a modding tool. Those will likely crash my program, but at least now a warning is issued before that.

Cubemaps: you shouldn't probably worry about this, there are no files like this in MaterialEditor. Only some special files in RRPreview, a few ones in FieldEditor4 and exactly one in system are like this.

Double multi-layered: same as above, not many files have this characteristics, and anyway, not in MaterialEditor.

Ah that explains a lot. Recently I had a guy on my thread who tried to view some modded Ryza files but these were completely broken. https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666&start=210#p163952

I don't know what tools these guys are using to get such corrupted files, that's surprising that they somewhat work ingame.

25 minutes ago, Joschuka said:

Ah that explains a lot. Recently I had a guy on my thread who tried to view some modded Ryza files but these were completely broken. https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666&start=210#p163952

I don't know what tools these guys are using to get such corrupted files, that's surprising that they somewhat work ingame.

Atelier Ryza modders are using a different g1t repack tool than g1t_tools/LINKDATA, so I guess it is that tool they are using what is causing this mess. I guess the game just skips corrupted textures or something.

g1t_tools updated to version 0.21

Changelog:

- The replace button in qg1t_tool (and the other forms of replacing a single texture such as drag and drop) had the same bug of not working with regular multi textures files-

--------------

And now really really for real, g1t_tools should be "other games-friendly".

Thanks for making great tool!

I'm Happy to watch other Atelier series Characters in Atelier Ryza's Photo mode as I couldnt in Nelke, only find battle scene...

20200613210520_1.jpg.a541637e163af8bb0094758d2759335f.jpg

I hope you solve "4D error"

though i like the meshes may have 4D info moving unique :D

( but when I use 3Dmigoto, I can get's ib and vb can be imported?)

20200613212121_1.jpg.67c793762ce72ace71c6bd7e4a235bc6.jpg

2 hours ago, Yu0712 said:

I hope you solve "4D error"

though i like the meshes may have 4D info moving unique :D

( but when I use 3Dmigoto, I can get's ib and vb can be imported?)

Like I said previously, proper cloth support is going to need someone with more knowledge than me. I plan in releasing a couple of extra tools, "g1m_cloth_export", and "g1m_cloth_limitedimport"  for those meshes. The limited import will be limited like this:

- Removing vertex/faces -> fine.

- Changes in the UV, normals or tangents -> fine... probably.

- Doing any kind of operation that moves vertex position (translation, rotation and scaling included) -> not fine

- Any kind of operation that adds vertex (which includes trying to replace the mesh by some other) -> not fine

So, basically, except for destroyed skirts/dresses or changes in uv maps, not much will be able to be done with the tool.

>Like I said previously,

sorry for bothering you

I selfishly responsed though I found your described that

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/117795-dead-or-alive-6-modding-thread-and-discussion/page/46/?tab=comments#comment-2609462

And another question what is the 4D error?

You get the 4D error whenever you try to import any thing that looks like a skirt, dress, etc. Or more in concrete, "animated" skirts/dresses (things that move).

You get the error because the vertices positions & normals don't have 3D data, but 4D. Apparently these meshes are transformed by the game with data from another g1m sections called NUNO and NUNV (which currently my tool will ignore), so after some operations, the game gets the final vertex data, as obivously, the data is not really 4D...

I haven't looked yet into those sections in detail, but from the little I saw, the problem won't be so much exporting the data to blender, but importing it back into .g1m, as it would require to split the edited meshes into the normal mesh and the NUNO/NUNV data.

but, thanks for replying to me

I'm looking forward to getting you new tool!

The stage music option is great... I remember making that suggestion.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:34 AM, sillv said:

Unfortunately that only hides the health bar. It would be awesome if it also hid the victory counter at the end of a match.

I wish the F5 function to be like the one in Autolinlk that hides everything.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:44 PM, perfectdark023 said:

In the coding that you do, is there any "Boss" bg_bam_ambi_4ch sound files for Hidden Garden? I can't change the audio when using S1101BAM_BOSS.

In theory, it should behave mostly like normal Hidden Garden. My code just sets the parameter for the game to load the boss version of the stage. That said, I haven't looked much at ambient sounds.