vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

14 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I will look at it on the weekend. It is possible that the game doesn't like the ADPCM block size that Audacity uses, although before release I did tests with both ffmpeg and Audacity and the files worked properly in game, but I didn't make enough tests.

UPDATE: I just tried doing one of the files the other way, through ffmpeg. I encountered the same issue.

9 hours ago, piffDisaster said:

UPDATE: I just tried doing one of the files the other way, through ffmpeg. I encountered the same issue.

I think I found out the problem. Your files are stereo, it seems like most adpcm tracks in the game are mono. My code is not even prepared for stereo tracks for ADPCM files, and anyways I'm not even sure that the interleaving of channels would be the same between the game format and the wav format. (Also, the few ADPCM stereo tracks in the games are currently being extracted badly by the program, as it is setting them to mono)

So, until I verify/fix, I would suggest you try to make all your files mono. You can use Audacity itself to do this. Before the export, do "Tracks -> Mix -> Mix stereo down to Mono".

REDELBE updated to 2.5

Changelog:

- More filenames available (mathcing rdbtool 2.5)

- All random options (and also the Random costume mods) now also work in "Free training".

-----

rdbtool updated to 2.5

Changelog:

- More filenames available (the remaining Tamaki textures)

-----

fid_utility updated to 0.5

Changelog:

- Dictionary increased (included remaining Tamaki materials)

----------------------

Since the gap between the previous DLC and the next one has been extended, I thought that it would be better to already have the remaining Tamaki textures accessible by their names, but otherwise, it is not an important update.

Just now, gatto tom said:

I'm getting this error, but I used Audacity. I transformed from .ogg to .wav

Hide contents

Immagine.png.9a62e72322cdf5c608b593c159752d30.png

Did you select "Other uncompressed files" and "Microsoft ADPCM"?  (like in the image I posted in the tutorial). Wav format is not enough, you have to change the default parameters, because by default Audacity will try to use 16 bit standard PCM.

Also, make sure that your track is mono and not stereo (and if stereo, convert it to mono before using Track -> Mix -> Mix stereo down to Mono), since there is currently a bug in srsxtool with more than 1 channel on wav files (.ogg files are fine). Although that wouldn't give you any error, instead it would just cause weird audio to play.

41 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Did you select "Other uncompressed files" and "Microsoft ADPCM"?  (like in the image I posted in the tutorial). Wav format is not enough, you have to change the default parameters, because by default Audacity will try to use 16 bit standard PCM.

Also, make sure that your track is mono and not stereo (and if stereo, convert it to mono before using Track -> Mix -> Mix stereo down to Mono), since there is currently a bug in srsxtool with more than 1 channel on wav files (.ogg files are fine). Although that wouldn't give you any error, instead it would just cause weird audio to play.

I noticed later that I forgot to use your settings as you showed in the picture ?‍♂️

I'll try again.

EDIT: It works like a charm! Thanks!

Thank you for your tools.

Is it possible to implement in your rdbtool's search function to highlight  or show all files with the common words in the text box?

For example, if I type "KAS_COS", it will highlight KAS_COS_001, KAS_COS_002, etc.

16 minutes ago, Dragonplayer62 said:

When I try dragging the data folder in my DOA6 folder onto SRSxtool all it does is show me the folder path and next line is "Press enter to exit.".

Mass extracting worked fine for the VV files though.

When I manually grab files from the data folder and drag them one by one, it works

For DOA6, that's not the proper approach for mass extraction, since anyway the data folder doesn't contain all audio files anyway (some are inside .rdb.bin)

For DOA6 mass extraction, the proper procedure is this:

- Open RRPreview.rdb in qrdbtool.

- Press the "Extract All" button, and choose any folder in your computer to extract the files to.

- Now drag the folder where you extracted the files into SRSxtool.

Solved.

I noticed the values were really small and packed near the parent bone so there was no way there were correct local coordinates. Turns out that was an offset to the bone's base position. So that offset needed to be brought back to local space. No clue why they only do that for DOA6 face anims, body anims use local coords, Dissidia and FETH use local coords for face anims... And there's like no flag to discriminate between local/offset so I guess they just hardcoded it somehow.

Anyways, face anims are now extractable.

done

1 hour ago, Joschuka said:

Solved.

I noticed the values were really small and packed near the parent bone so there was no way there were correct local coordinates. Turns out that was an offset to the bone's base position. So that offset needed to be brought back to local space. No clue why they only do that for DOA6 face anims, body anims use local coords, Dissidia and FETH use local coords for face anims... And there's like no flag to discriminate between local/offset so I guess they just hardcoded it somehow.

Anyways, face anims are now extractable.

done

That's great. There are several .g1a face animations in DOA6 that only DLC characters have and I have been unable to crack their filenames. Maybe previewing the animations will give me a clue about what they are.

9 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

Is there any ways to hair, face, costume swap without pressing f key?

I mean without layer2.

If you talk about an easy way, no. You are going to need to swap a lot of files to achieve that, and would only work if the face you want to have has <= number of materials than the original.

g1mtools updated to 1.1.

Changelog:

- Added new tool: g1m_xml.exe, to convert .g1m to .g1m.xml and viceversa.

- The correction of singularities in g1a2fbx is now done by FBXSDK code, instead of my code (should be more accurate)

- Fixed compatibility with SNK_HAIR_001.g1m

- face.oid and hair.oid are now included as well (these files will make bones of face and hair have names).

----------------------------

Usage of g1m_xml:

- Drag and drop a .g1m file to convert it to .g1m.xml, or a  .g1m.xml to convert it to .g1m.

Notes about g1m_xml:

- Along the xml, a folder is generated, where data that is currently not parsed (such as SOFT, NUNO, NUNV sections) and data that doesn't make sense to have in text form (vertex & index buffers) is saved as binary files. This folder is also needed when converting back from .g1m.xml to .g1m.

- The original .g1m is NOT needed when covnerting from .xml to .g1m, as the tool is able to regenerate the full file with the .xml info and the folder with the extra binary data.

- The tool allows for much easier manipulation of .g1m files compared to hex edit of files.

- To edit these files, I recommend to use a proper text editor (such as Notepad++) instead of craps like Windows Notepad.

- One of the most typical things modders would want to do with the tool is to change the material of some submesh to other. To do that, change the params "U_0C, U_10, Material and Texture" of the Submesh with those desired. (it seems like U_0C is the important one in DOA6, but you may want to copy the others aswell).

Note that if you change something like clothes based material to skin, the result may be odd, you may need to change the "Type" in the Meshes section aswell.

- The tool is guaranteed to work in all CharacterEditor .g1m of DOA6 (they were batch tested, and in 100% of cases, the tool is able to regenerate a binary identical .g1m from the .xml)

- It is unknown if the tool works with .g1m outside CharacterEditor or with .g1m of other games.

- The tool will be updated with parsing of nuno, nunov and soft sections in the future, as well as any correction it may need.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, vagonumero13 said:

g1mtools updated to 1.1.

Changelog:

- Added new tool: g1m_xml.exe, to convert .g1m to .g1m.xml and viceversa.

- The correction of singularities in g1a2fbx is now done by FBXSDK code, instead of my code (should be more accurate)

- Fixed compatibility with SNK_HAIR_001.g1m

- face.oid and hair.oid are now included as well (these files will make bones of face and hair have names).

----------------------------

Usage of g1m_xml:

- Drag and drop a .g1m file to convert it to .g1m.xml, or a  .g1m.xml to convert it to .g1m.

Notes about g1m_xml:

- Along the xml, a folder is generated, where data that is currently not parsed (such as SOFT, NUNO, NUNV sections) and data that doesn't make sense to have in text form (vertex & index buffers) is saved as binary files. This folder is also needed when converting back from .g1m.xml to .g1m.

- The original .g1m is NOT needed when covnerting from .xml to .g1m, as the tool is able to regenerate the full file with the .xml info and the folder with the extra binary data.

- The tool allows for much easier manipulation of .g1m files compared to hex edit of files.

- To edit these files, I recommend to use a proper text editor (such as Notepad++) instead of craps like Windows Notepad.

- One of the most typical things modders would want to do with the tool is to change the material of some submesh to other. To do that, change the params "U_0C, U_10, Material and Texture" of the Submesh with those desired. (it seems like U_0C is the important one in DOA6, but you may want to copy the others aswell).

Note that if you change something like clothes based material to skin, the result may be odd, you may need to change the "Type" in the Meshes section aswell.

- The tool is guaranteed to work in all CharacterEditor .g1m of DOA6 (they were batch tested, and in 100% of cases, the tool is able to regenerate a binary identical .g1m from the .xml)

- It is unknown if the tool works with .g1m outside CharacterEditor or with .g1m of other games.

- The tool will be updated with parsing of nuno, nunov and soft sections in the future, as well as any correction it may need.

For example: the KAS_COS_031.g1m skirt can be copied into LEI_COS_001.g1m by conversion;

Right?

2 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

I made a rainy stage mod for The Throwdown stage.

I want to work this mod with layer2 but RRPreview doesn't work on layer2.

Is there any ways to RRPreview work with layer2?

sorry for my bad english.

There is currently no way, but I can include it in next update.

But I'll have to warn modders that voice mods won't be able to work in Layer2, due to the gaming preloading voice files at startup, and never reloading them (except on language change).

I guess the stage mod will be fine, assuming it is not one of those file the game likes to preload.

8 minutes ago, 用户名623 said:

For example: the KAS_COS_031.g1m skirt can be copied into LEI_COS_001.g1m by conversion;

Right?

Skirts also involve the NUNO, NUNOV section, which are currently not parsed. Although I guess that if you copy the nuno/nunv sections binaries, and then copy the submesh and mesh, and assign the submesh an identical bonemap, etc, I guess maybe it would work.

Although there are currently some unknown variables in the G1MF section that refers to the NUNO/NUNV sections, and which wouldn't be updated by the program, that could cause problems or not, as the game is not consistent with that.

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Skirts also involve the NUNO, NUNOV section, which are currently not parsed. Although I guess that if you copy the nuno/nunv sections binaries, and then copy the submesh and mesh, and assign the submesh an identical bonemap, etc, I guess maybe it would work.

Although there are currently some unknown variables in the G1MF section that refers to the NUNO/NUNV sections, and which wouldn't be updated by the program, that could cause problems or not, as the game is not consistent with that.

thanks

5 hours ago, lariosity said:

Hi guys, REDELBE 2.5 doesnt work with 1.21 version of the game - is there an updated working version of REDELBE yet? Thanks.

2.5 works with 1.21. You may have done something wrong. Remember that BOTH the .dll and the REDELBE folder have to be copied.