What to do with the Balance Patch!  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Maintaining a separate sub mod just for balancing is very time consuming. While I don't mind doing it, it falls behind as I don't always have time to do a separate balance pass. So, should I...

• Keep it and maintain it when I get time?
    • Absorb it into the main mod and make the main mod a lot more balanced?
    • Stop maintaining it and only focus on the main mod's current balance?

16 hours ago, Tamasama said:

One. A number of US states, like Idaho, legalized "selling your twelve-year-old kids out for prostitution marriage" in real life. I think more people ought to be talking about that, including in fictional contexts. A mod that lets you make villains who literally do stuff like that -- which, notably, requires them to be Fanatic Authoritarian and imposes massive penalties on the happiness of the lower class -- is no more objectionable than letting you have villains who carry out ethnic cleansing or devour their enemies. Both of which are already in Stellaris.

Two. There are a lot of adults who have the body types this mod is celebrating in real life, especially in Asia. This is one reason you see a lot of this art coming out of Japan. I can understand being squicked out by fictional stories of actual child abuse, but how old someone looks has literally nothing to do with the morality of dating them, and fantasizing about something is not the same thing as doing it in real life. Otherwise, I would be pregnant.

Three. Every single time in history that people have made a big fuss over "groomers" and "pedophiles," it's in order to dehumanize a group of people. Seriously, just look at the way people talked about Jews and homosexuals / transsexuals in pre-WWII Germany, or Black men during Jim Crow. This talk is dangerous, and is going to get people killed and get everything you love banned from the internet, even your wholesome mod filled with sluts taking cock where you can impregnate the galaxy.

You only think your revulsion at a fictional story carries moral weight because you were brainwashed to think that by extensively-documented radfem psyops, who want to get rid of tr*****s and f*gs. It's literally the queer / female / wholesome gen z flavoured version of incel, nofap, and redpill, and it's just as fash. It's a cult. Stop being a cultist. And if you're not a cultist, stop preaching their incel shit in my house.

Just coming out of lurking to clean up, don't mind me.

A pedo came out of hibernation and immediately took an L. Good job outing yourself pal 😂

19 hours ago, Tamasama said:

Every single time in history that people have made a big fuss over "groomers" and "pedophiles," it's in order to dehumanize a group of people.

LV should add a random event where this exact post is referenced in the words of a radicalist speaker trying to rise to power on one of the player's planets, and the only option available to them is to jettison the speaker into space and join the trash orbiting that planet.

10 hours ago, cptnnutt said:

LV should add a random event where this exact post is referenced in the words of a radicalist speaker trying to rise to power on one of the player's planets, and the only option available to them is to jettison the speaker into space and join the trash orbiting that planet.

That's actually a really good idea would work well with the sexualized society civic.

On 5/23/2024 at 1:05 PM, Kinkmiser said:

I know each time I come hopping it's the update and then its just this. 

If you're curious, LV works perfectly fine in 3.12 even though there hasn't been an update for it.

56 minutes ago, Arethiel said:

If you're curious, LV works perfectly fine in 3.12 even though there hasn't been an update for it.

oh thanks, I figured the update was big enough that it wouldn't. 

10 hours ago, Arethiel said:

Some stuff with individualist machines is kind of borked, though that's kind of obvious. Namely you can't get LV robot traits in the game because "Biological Mimicry" tech either wants machine intelligence or organic empire's synth techs. But individualist machines aren't former and cant get latter so no traits for them.

24 minutes ago, Lithia<3 said:

Updated!

Sorry about the smol delay! The past few weeks have been very eventful for me irl. I got a new fancy pc (yay) and that meant migrating all my work and things over to it. I was also in a minor car accident last week, which made it hard to use my wrists for the past few days.

It's still a little hard to work for long periods of time on my pc, butt I should still be able to finish td in about 4 weeks (starting tomorrow)!

@Tory187 I did ask steam and paradox a few years ago. Steam said it's up to paradox, and paradox politely told me they'd have to tell steam to remove it. I can ask steam again though if their policies changed, I don't mind putting lv on steam if it's allowed now 🙂

Congrats on the new pc, I hope the wrists heal soon. Thanks for the update. Don't push it on the modding though, could disrupt the mending, your health should come first.
Thanks for the reply, sorry I inadvertently distracted this thread by accidentally posting an unknowingly controversial mod lol. And good luck on getting on the workshop, we need more good examples of adult mods on there.

8 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

Updated!

Sorry about the smol delay! The past few weeks have been very eventful for me irl. I got a new fancy pc (yay) and that meant migrating all my work and things over to it. I was also in a minor car accident last week, which made it hard to use my wrists for the past few days.

It's still a little hard to work for long periods of time on my pc, butt I should still be able to finish td in about 4 weeks (starting tomorrow)!

@Tory187 I did ask steam and paradox a few years ago. Steam said it's up to paradox, and paradox politely told me they'd have to tell steam to remove it. I can ask steam again though if their policies changed, I don't mind putting lv on steam if it's allowed now 🙂

We're all perfectly happy to wait however long you need to take.  Please take care of yourself, wrist injuries take a long time to recover.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

about balance, i think there should be a "must" to take negative traits in order to get the positives you want.

Regarding how expensive many of the traits are, this is allready the case.

Edited by Zurk

I wouldn't suggest it as a real balance solution for LV, but my mind quickly goes to thinking about the solution other wackier mods use in regards to balance; Custom enemies/crisis. Makes me wonder what LV crisis would be like.

35 minutes ago, Trigoniris said:

I wouldn't suggest it as a real balance solution for LV, but my mind quickly goes to thinking about the solution other wackier mods use in regards to balance; Custom enemies/crisis. Makes me wonder what LV crisis would be like.

A big breeding hivemind. They conquer your planets and outbreed all your pops.

5 hours ago, Fakenet said:

A big breeding hivemind. They conquer your planets and outbreed all your pops.

Can confirm.  Playing as a massive breeding hivemind crisis works great until you start hitting performance issues.  I've seen people insisting no, that's not a thing any more, but once I hit around 3k pops, you can start to feel the slow down.  Fortunately Paradox gave us the shiny new pop grinder megastructure.  There just needs to be a way to feed pops to it automatically and it would be amazing.

16 hours ago, XavierMace said:

Can confirm.  Playing as a massive breeding hivemind crisis works great until you start hitting performance issues.  I've seen people insisting no, that's not a thing any more, but once I hit around 3k pops, you can start to feel the slow down.  Fortunately Paradox gave us the shiny new pop grinder megastructure.  There just needs to be a way to feed pops to it automatically and it would be amazing.

I thought we were talking about an endgame crisis, not about becoming the crisis. I guess there could be smaller megastructures the crisis can built, more like habitats so you can't just build one of them. Those would absorb pops as a number and if you are fast enough you can get those pops back.

The MO of the crisis would be to repeteadly raid the other empires and steal their pops, not to populate their conquered planets but to "make them disappear".

2 hours ago, Fakenet said:

I thought we were talking about an endgame crisis, not about becoming the crisis. I guess there could be smaller megastructures the crisis can built, more like habitats so you can't just build one of them. Those would absorb pops as a number and if you are fast enough you can get those pops back.

The MO of the crisis would be to repeteadly raid the other empires and steal their pops, not to populate their conquered planets but to "make them disappear".

I mean it works for either.