What to do with the Balance Patch!  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Maintaining a separate sub mod just for balancing is very time consuming. While I don't mind doing it, it falls behind as I don't always have time to do a separate balance pass. So, should I...

• Keep it and maintain it when I get time?
    • Absorb it into the main mod and make the main mod a lot more balanced?
    • Stop maintaining it and only focus on the main mod's current balance?

Just in case anyone hasn't mentioned it (I didn't see this in the last two pages of the thread) Tentacle Worlds/Tentacle Symbiosis aren't triggering Tentacle Festivals.

FYI, 3.8.3 update this morning broke my save game (CTD) so I had to revert to 3.8.2.  Since it took me three days to edit my modlist to mast 3.8.2 work, I just don't have the ambition to troubleshoot everything all over again :/

On 5/31/2023 at 7:31 AM, wibbleburg said:

I hope that there will eventually be lewd paragons. Either in this mod or another.

A civic or policy that could turn your Council into a glorified harem seems like a no-brainer, with or without lewd paragons.

Edited by meatstroke

When Lithia gets a chance, we need some lewd precursors. Maybe a tentacle hive, a militarist empire that sought to make all other species part of their harem (if they want to be interesting about it, make it Polyandry (women keep harems of males)), And a fanatic purifier type (But one that literally fucked other to death, their lust perhaps scouring the galaxy of life before they died out from incurable horniness as their species could no longer do the job (Xeno addicts)).

17 hours ago, lastesotericist said:

As powerful as so many lustful void traits are, I'm rather disappointed by how small the bonuses provided by Genetic Venus and Genetic Mars are, especially considering how expensive they are. Unless they have a hidden effect I'm not aware of.

U can edit some numbers from the mod if u want a bit more ^^ ; that's what i did to lower the cost of some robot trait.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, lastesotericist said:

As powerful as so many lustful void traits are, I'm rather disappointed by how small the bonuses provided by Genetic Venus and Genetic Mars are, especially considering how expensive they are. Unless they have a hidden effect I'm not aware of.

Oop. That's not from lustful void, those traits are because of me. I've always just been cautious in the past and never really considered it much. I'll give 'em a buff whenever I do my next update.

13 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Oop. That's not from lustful void, those traits are because of me. I've always just been cautious in the past and never really considered it much. I'll give 'em a buff whenever I do my next update.

Btw the cheat trait on your mod doesn't overwrite the one from LV the right way ; we need to copy/paste it in the main trait word data file or else it just remove the cheat trait from the game (Didn't checked if that problem was already reported on your mod topic )

1 hour ago, ty28 said:

Btw the cheat trait on your mod doesn't overwrite the one from LV the right way ; we need to copy/paste it in the main trait word data file or else it just remove the cheat trait from the game (Didn't checked if that problem was already reported on your mod topic )

Im not trying to hijack Lithia's thread here but...

Im pretty sure the trait pack i have for download doesnt mess with it, but the DC version to of the portraits does. Just remember that the Directors Cut is designed for my personal preferences. I dont like the way the cheat trait duplicates your species on galaxy init, so I opted for a higher trait pick limit instead. Honestly, the cheat trait is still there in the files, I just have it commented out. If you want it back, just open up the .txt and remove the hashtags.

3 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

I noticed the new leader windows are a bit laggy even without mods, but it shouldn't cause any problems.

Fortunately even if it would cause problems, Paradox was aware of that issue and as far as I can tell have completely fixed it. Or at least, they have in my experience, I've had little to no lag with the leader menu since the update last week.

4 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

Updated!

Sorry about the delay, I was sick a little longer than expected. I am no longer sick though so yay! ?

The next update will mainly focus on the traits rework, creating some lewd paragons and continuation of integrating and updating LVEx.

I noticed the new leader windows are a bit laggy even without mods, but it shouldn't cause any problems. If you find any bugs let me know though!

Also while I was gone, patreon removed the goals feature completely from their site which ofc deleted mine. I might remake it on kofi, but we'll see.

This just made my day! but keep yourself healthy, its more important!

9 minutes ago, Xena781 said:

Never mind it was a conflict with another mod

But have another question why does the ruler trait menu crash when I click on it?

It seems to crash if you have an LV civics chosen. Choose your ruler traits first then civic worked for me. 

image.png.4a3f03a489f6f249a624ea5f2e892c88.png

I have found two issues so far. First off, the image seen is the icon when looking at a planet in a system without their own specific leader.

Secondly: when looking at the leader pool, my fps drops to 20. I'm not sure if this is caused by this mod specifically or some compatibility issues with other mods.

3 minutes ago, wibbleburg said:

I have found two issues so far. First off, the image seen is the icon when looking at a planet in a system without their own specific leader.

Secondly: when looking at the leader pool, my fps drops to 20. I'm not sure if this is caused by this mod specifically or some compatibility issues with other mods.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure both of those are vanilla things. 

3 hours ago, TouyaBlack said:

It seems to crash if you have an LV civics chosen. Choose your ruler traits first then civic worked for me. 

I tried it as soon as I opened the species creator and it still crashed. Everything else works fine though. Hopefully it can be fixed.

10 hours ago, wibbleburg said:

The leader thing is normal as far as I know. The leader in the bottom right is the sector governor, who's bonus is currently applying to the planet. The icon in the centre is there in case you want to appoint a planetary governor who's bonus will override that of the sector governors on this particular planet. This is useful if you for example have a sector which is largely food focused planets so have the sector governor assigned appropriately but you have one planet in the system which is having crime issues so you assign a righteous planetary governor to the high crime planet in order to combat the issues there while having the bonus to the other planets in the sector be preserved.

Some nitpicks i have with the changes to Invasive breeder origin:

• Way too many popups, i got several per year, especially after raiding. would really appreciate if you could reduce the amount and let it auto pick outcome based on policy or last choice for 2-3 years after each popup.
  • All new flavor text is written as if your main race are all male, i tend to play more like the Asari from ME with all female, seductive, with all offspring of their own race. Would like if it was more neutral or even gender specific flavor text for all options.
2 hours ago, HuntressLilith said:

So I saw in the recent update for the mod that it talks about LVEx but not sure what mod that is, is it LV Extras?

LVex is LV Expansion, which was a sizeable sub-mod for LV that included things like new traits, a couple tradition trees, new events, unique mechanics for certain trait like horsecocks and latex, etc.

Lvex hasn't been updated since at least 3.2, but only small parts of it have been integrated into LV so far (only a few of the events IIRC). I am definitely still waiting for the rest of it to be integrated (especially the new traits) since it was by far my favorite sub-mod for LV