On 9/19/2021 at 12:42 PM, Courier70 said:

On the subject of the Clone Army origin, some other fun things I noticed was that all my pops had female portraits - seems they're monogendered based on whatever you pick for your ruler portrait. Not sure how that may interact with monogender traits but something to note. I think there's some fun role playing potential too with a clone army origin empire discovering how sex and babies work.

When I run LV, I usually set out as an all male race, and I conquer the rest of the galaxy and convert all other races to all females so that my species can have massive harems. Can't wait to try it out with Clone Army. See how it compares to parallel evolution, my usual go to for LV.

1 hour ago, WhoEvenAmI said:

Hey, I'm a bit confused. Is LV 0.5.7 compatible with Stellaris 3.1? Sorry if someone gave a clear answer to this and I just missed it.

I'm not sure. The author posted a few days ago that they are going to take advantage of some of the new features so I don't expect them to make it compatible for a little while. They said some exciting things that will make it worth the wait.

Edited by Isangrad
Spelling
6 hours ago, WhoEvenAmI said:

Hey, I'm a bit confused. Is LV 0.5.7 compatible with Stellaris 3.1? Sorry if someone gave a clear answer to this and I just missed it.

I typically play with about 50ish mods. I had intended to stay on 3.0.4, but a few updated and aren't backwards compatible. 

On a lark, I went through and decided to play around with things a bit, played a small map with big mods like Gigastructures, More Events and NSC, but also had this, Kinky Void and Sexopolis. Some things were a little weird, like the planet icons were wrong for Sexopolis, and I think a few events were messed up, but I didn't notice anything horribly game breaking. Of course, the test wasn't extensive.

Random thought/suggestion I had while tinkering around on my own: it seemed like a few of the growth rate boosts (particularly the breeder jobs from Brood Parasite planet modifier) might make more sense as organic assembly instead of growth rate, similar to how the new "Budding" trait works. You do have to override the ``can_species_be_assembled`` game rule, but fortunately game rules appear to be LIOS by key, so you don't have to copy the whole file.  The numbers are also probably a little finicky if you want to aim for balance. But it provides a little flavor variation and might play a little better with the post-3.0 growth rules.

Question for the community: I seem to remember at one point in this mod you were able to separate you main species in two, an all male species and an all female species for the purposes of genetic modification. Anyone remember what happened to this feature?

I am looking for something similar for my game (either in this mod or another), where I would be able to make gender dimorphism in my main species with more unique specialization between the sexes.

Thanks in advance.

So I've continued my adventure in trying to run the existing version of this mod on the new version. I'm finding that robot pops cannot be assembled and the tooltip claims I need the gene tailoring tech to manufacture them. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm hoping it has nothing to do with LV but I thought I'd check...

If robot pops cannot be assembled it is most likely due to a mod changing the 00_species_archetype file. The file should have robotic=yes under the robot and machine sections, should look like

ROBOT = {
species_trait_points = @robot_trait_points
species_max_traits = @robot_max_traits
robotic = yes
}
MACHINE = {
species_trait_points = @machine_trait_points
species_max_traits = @machine_max_traits
robotic = yes
}

LV does not change this file.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, WhoEvenAmI said:

It seems like some of the new starts dont work with LV enabled. Specifically the clone army one doesnt spawn with 2 cloning bays and I think I overheard that one of the other civics is messed up aswell

20 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Question for the community: I seem to remember at one point in this mod you were able to separate you main species in two, an all male species and an all female species for the purposes of genetic modification. Anyone remember what happened to this feature?

I am looking for something similar for my game (either in this mod or another), where I would be able to make gender dimorphism in my main species with more unique specialization between the sexes.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few origins which have you create a secondary race, they don't need to be similar at all though.

You can make them all male or female but you could also make them both the same gender or "normal" gender distribution.

1 hour ago, Fakenet said:

There are a few origins which have you create a secondary race, they don't need to be similar at all though.

You can make them all male or female but you could also make them both the same gender or "normal" gender distribution.

Thanks for the reply. I know there is a workaround using the Origin system, but what I am speaking of specifically is that there used to be a decision once you were in game (it was either on your capitol or in the policy tab, can't quite remember). It would split half your main population into two new species; one all male, the other all female. From there you could gene mod as you wished. I think this was before the synergy benefits were implemented.

@Ozvelpoon there is a planetary decision that you can choose after you research one of the purple techs (i forget exactly which one, as there are several but its not the masculine or femine one or transformation candy) anyway it allows you to change all the pops on that planet to a mongender of your choice (and give a mood malus for doing so that goes away after some time)

While that may not be exactly what you are working for, I think it could still suit your needs assuming there are no "alien" races on the planet you perform the operation on.  You would need two planets to effect your goal, on one change them to all mono male, on the other all mono female.  After that just edit the new species to your liking and apply their templates to the remaining unnaffected pops (you can chose to do that on a per planet basis, then allow / move them around to get a good mix of them going)

Alot of work but doable if you have patience.

7 hours ago, lkylkulyg said:

I think leader traits are not working...

Even with the zoophile trait scientist reserch speed of industry is not boosting.

image.png

This is most likely an artifact left out there because this trait goes right after sexologist trait in the localisation files, which does boost industry.
Anyway here is fixed locals since it a tiny to fix (for those too lazy to remove excessive lines themself)

Also may I ask for permission to post addon for LV? Is this even right place to ask or should i pm? (naturally since i used code from LV i have to ask, right?)

LV literally one line localisation fix.rar

19 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Thanks for the reply. I know there is a workaround using the Origin system, but what I am speaking of specifically is that there used to be a decision once you were in game (it was either on your capitol or in the policy tab, can't quite remember). It would split half your main population into two new species; one all male, the other all female. From there you could gene mod as you wished. I think this was before the synergy benefits were implemented.

Its in descisions  its called somehow monogendered  then you can choose all or just xenos and all the pops on the planet get monogendered. I think its locked behind a specific tech. The Pops get unhappy but that's all of it if  i remember correctly.

20 hours ago, ahnkra said:

@Ozvelpoon there is a planetary decision that you can choose after you research one of the purple techs (i forget exactly which one, as there are several but its not the masculine or femine one or transformation candy) anyway it allows you to change all the pops on that planet to a mongender of your choice (and give a mood malus for doing so that goes away after some time)

While that may not be exactly what you are working for, I think it could still suit your needs assuming there are no "alien" races on the planet you perform the operation on.  You would need two planets to effect your goal, on one change them to all mono male, on the other all mono female.  After that just edit the new species to your liking and apply their templates to the remaining unnaffected pops (you can chose to do that on a per planet basis, then allow / move them around to get a good mix of them going)

Alot of work but doable if you have patience.

Let's say one does this. Same species modified to be All male here, all female there, with slight tweaks to both.

What happens if they both have Aggressively Adaptive Reproduction and wind up on the same planet?

4 hours ago, emptystring said:

Let's say one does this. Same species modified to be All male here, all female there, with slight tweaks to both.

What happens if they both have Aggressively Adaptive Reproduction and wind up on the same planet?

If that trait behaves the same as gentle snu fever they'd cancel each other out.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

Thanks in advance.

I do this frequently. What I suggest you do is use the "enhanced gene modding" mod on the workshop. It has the option to separate out a modded subspecies as a new base species.

It goes without saying that the new species is considered totally separate from the original, so they get penalties for being filthy xenos, which may or may not be a big deal for you.

I'm not sure whether this mod works with the newest update however, I'm waiting for LV to update first... XD