Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 9/6/2022 at 2:28 PM, asebw said:

Has anyone tried Valhalla Combat yet? Looking for a potential replacement for wildcat.

@asebw@wollboi I am installing and testing Precision (incredible so far!), Valhalla (seems good, very light, too early to tell yet, apparently can't be ESLed at this time), Infinity UI/Compass Navigation Overhaul (recommended), Fashions Of The Banditry (actually really nice new take, armors are distributed, I compacted and ESLed it).

I am choosing a new stagger mod. I have tried a few. There are many, but I may try Chocolate Poise next. I have not tried Loki's Poise yet. Anyone have thoughts on stagger?

I gotta say, this is good time to be taking a new look at this game. The AE dust has largely settled and the new mods are great. New computer hardware is about to drop, too!

Edited by trgdolors
11 hours ago, trgdolors said:

@asebw@wollboi I am installing and testing Precision (incredible so far!), Valhalla (seems good, very light, too early to tell yet, apparently can't be ESLed at this time), Infinity UI/Compass Navigation Overhaul (recommended), Fashions Of The Banditry (actually really nice new take, armors are distributed, I compacted and ESLed it).

I am choosing a new stagger mod. I have tried a few. There are many, but I may try Chocolate Poise next. I have not tried Loki's Poise yet. Anyone have thoughts on stagger?

I gotta say, this is good time to be taking a new look at this game. The AE dust has largely settled and the new mods are great. New computer hardware is about to drop, too!

I did try a poise mod in the past (can't remember which one for the life of me atm). But didn't like it. Might be more to do with the fact that I have yet to play a melee heavy char yet.

17 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Nice, I was literally looking at Poise two seconds ago. I like the idea of finally fixing the ****ing weird pause right before werewolf kill mods, and the new Creature Poise looks like it does that and more. I may look at it tomorrow.

I'm also really digging new mods. It feels like more interesting mods have come out in the past two months than in the past two years--which is actually saying a lot. I really need to share the ones I've been messing with.

On 9/6/2022 at 12:14 PM, axz2 said:

Has anyone tried NVIDIA Reflex Support yet?  If it does improve graphics performance it might help me considering my relatively low powered graphics.

@axz2 Actually, I installed this a few days ago. Doodlezoid is really on a roll with all their mods! I did not do a proper before/after test. And I have barely ran the game recently as I am messing with load order when I get the chance. NVIDIA Reflex Support at least did not hurt anything yet.

I still have an older Nvidia Pascal card, so I can use some help. I really appreciated Aylis sticking with a low end card for this guide (not sure what they are running now). It kept the performance decent for the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

@axz2 Actually, I installed this a few days ago. Doodlezoid is really on a roll with all their mods! I did not do a proper before/after test. And I have barely ran the game recently as I am messing with load order when I get the chance. NVIDIA Reflex Support at least did not hurt anything yet.

I still have an older Nvidia Pascal card, so I can use some help. I really appreciated Aylis sticking with a low end card for this guide (not sure what they are running now). It kept the performance decent for the rest of us.

I think my card is even lower end (960M 4GB).  I've used Cathedral Assets Optimizer on some of the textures which helped a bit but every little bit I can squeeze out will help.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, misterpipes said:

No. DLL Plugin Loader hasn't been updated to AE, and most (all?) of its functionality is in SSE Engine Fixes anyway. 

For the SKSE section, it's drop or disable:
.NET Script Framework
Dynamic Eqiupment Manager

From Override section, ignore or disable:
Fizzle

And from the Final section, ignore:
No Grass in Objects (requires .NET Script Framework)

Grass Cache

Add (to SKSE Extensions):

po3's Tweaks (requirement for Papyrus Extender, it will work without Tweaks, but seems to work better with it)

Maybe add (optional, to SKSE Extensions):
Crash Logger (not as good as .Net Framework crash logging, doesn't provide any of the extras either)

Equipment Toggle 2 (Possible replacement for Dynamic Equipment Manager, although needs some extra set up).

Thank you for answering, and is there anything else that I need to replace/ignore? 

16 hours ago, wollboi said:

Nice, I was literally looking at Poise two seconds ago. I like the idea of finally fixing the ****ing weird pause right before werewolf kill mods, and the new Creature Poise looks like it does that and more. I may look at it tomorrow.

I'm also really digging new mods. It feels like more interesting mods have come out in the past two months than in the past two years--which is actually saying a lot. I really need to share the ones I've been messing with.

@wollboiI'm sure we would all be interested in your current experiments and thoughts, as time allows.

Well. Spent like two hours going through my whole mod list, giving URLs and everything for stuff I've added and leaving notes for all of it. Keyboard miraculously stopped working, then decided to refresh this 1992-era website on its own and I lost everything. Should've saved it as I went along. I guess I'll type something up tomorrow when I can buy a keyboard that works for my gaming machine.

I was going to use Serena Dialogue Add-on next time I play but I'm reconsidering it.

One of the reasons is some compatibility issues including fertility mods.  I might use Serana Relationship Revamped instead but since I've never played through Dawnguard before and thus never played with vanilla Serana, perhaps I should do that first, or at least have a closer to vanilla Serana with something like Serana Dialogue Edit.

Anyone have any thoughts on those options?

Well, took some time to get everything sorted out and working together, but my current build is now working. 

The NVIDIA Reflex support mod seems to be making things run a little smoother. Now sure just how much yet, but so far so good. Shadow boost and  shadow diffusion from the same mod author also seem to be working well. 

Anyone know a mod that adds more tabs to the favourites menu? Looking for some way to clean it up, add a few more categories to it (Preferably something that just adds tabs to the existing menu, and not something that takes up the whole screen). 

Edited by asebw
22 hours ago, asebw said:

Well, took some time to get everything sorted out and working together, but my current build is now working. 

The NVIDIA Reflex support mod seems to be making things run a little smoother. Now sure just how much yet, but so far so good. Shadow boost and  shadow diffusion from the same mod author also seem to be working well. 

Anyone know a mod that adds more tabs to the favourites menu? Looking for some way to clean it up, add a few more categories to it (Preferably something that just adds tabs to the existing menu, and not something that takes up the whole screen). 

@asebw We could go on and on re: UI mods. There is this: Favorite Misc Items. I am not sure what you mean, though. I am still using Dear Diary Dark Mode (white text) and liking it. And a bunch of other stuff...

Recently, I am testing UI-Integrated Hotkeys System. It seems to allow having not just regular hotkeys, but shift/alt/cntrl-hotkeys. It is really hard to understand the directions, though.

Edited by trgdolors
42 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

@asebw We could go on and on re: UI mods. There is this: Favorite Misc Items. I am not sure what you mean, though. I am still using Dear Diary Dark Mode (white text) and liking it. And a bunch of other stuff...

Recently, I am testing UI-Integrated Hotkeys System. It seems to allow having not just regular hotkeys, but shift/alt/cntrl-hotkeys. It is really hard to understand the directions, though.

Well, the favourites menu is not setup very well. Half of everything goes under 1 tab, which can make things a pita to find especially when you add spells to that mix. Ideally, I'm hoping there's a mod out there that adds more tabs to the menu, such as a tab for armor, a tab for magic etc, but the only ones I have found so far just expand the menu to cover most of the screen, which I would rather not have. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:20 PM, asebw said:

I'm assuming that's grass? Need to get something a shot a little closer to see what it's supposed to be.

I tought, they were rocks, but taking a closer look it seemed to be plants. Just need to find out which mod only installed meshes.

Spoiler

plants-without-textures-1.jpg.90338413d9b4e1c6920535dac21b4268.jpgplants-without-textures-2.jpg.78d21ca185988ac311a057d05680069f.jpg

It would have to be one of the grass or landscape mods. Mari's Flora comes to mind, as does kyne's grass and some of the overhaul mods. It should be one of the mods in foundation or textures (I don't think there's anything in the areas section that affects grass or landscapes in general, but it wouldn't hurt to check there either). Best thing to do is go by process of elimination. Try running the game with just the mods in the foundation and textures section active, and see if you're still getting the issue. If you are, it's definitely one of the mods in one of those two sections. If not, re-enable the rest of your mod list one section at a time until it starts to happen again. That should help narrow things down a bit. Once you know what section it is in, focus on any mods that alter grass or landscape.

It looks like it's a missing texture (maybe a missing mesh). If you can find the mod that's causing the issue, just try reinstalling/updating. If reinstalling, best to fully delete the mod first just to be on the safe side. 

Might be a bit of a stretch, but you could also try regenerating your texgen/DynDOLOD output as well. More of a long shot than anything else I admit, but something in the back of my mind is nagging me about a possible connection, though I can't for the life of me remember what it might be atm. Maybe try this as a last resort unless your DynDOLOD esm/esp is flagged as having missing masters in MO2.

16 hours ago, asebw said:

It would have to be one of the grass or landscape mods. Mari's Flora comes to mind, as does kyne's grass and some of the overhaul mods. It should be one of the mods in foundation or textures (I don't think there's anything in the areas section that affects grass or landscapes in general, but it wouldn't hurt to check there either). Best thing to do is go by process of elimination. Try running the game with just the mods in the foundation and textures section active, and see if you're still getting the issue. If you are, it's definitely one of the mods in one of those two sections. If not, re-enable the rest of your mod list one section at a time until it starts to happen again. That should help narrow things down a bit. Once you know what section it is in, focus on any mods that alter grass or landscape.

It looks like it's a missing texture (maybe a missing mesh). If you can find the mod that's causing the issue, just try reinstalling/updating. If reinstalling, best to fully delete the mod first just to be on the safe side. 

Might be a bit of a stretch, but you could also try regenerating your texgen/DynDOLOD output as well. More of a long shot than anything else I admit, but something in the back of my mind is nagging me about a possible connection, though I can't for the life of me remember what it might be atm. Maybe try this as a last resort unless your DynDOLOD esm/esp is flagged as having missing masters in MO2.

It seems to be that the grass mod from Nature of the Wild Lands was the villain. I replaced it with Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul and the issue was gone.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, killorkilled said:

Hey guys has anyone had a problem like this and if u do has anyone know how to fix it

Reveal hidden contents

enb2022_9_11_11_48_41.jpg.6b76f3d23c8ab8da365e3ceed3d3dac1.jpg

There's a "Wetness" option in RASS MCM that says "FULL". Change it to "Raindrops"

Edited by ETOmoX

Quick kinda important heads-up for everyone:

About 12 hours ago, Bethesda, in thier infinite wisdom, has bestowed upon us a new update for AE, so SKSE isn't working, and you might want to be checking that Skyrim isn't automatically updating at least until thats been updated.
Those of us that have set Skyrim to update on launch should be ok, as long as we stick to launching Skyrim via SKSE.

For anyone thats already been caught by this, I paste these instructions from ContraBiscuits on reddit for how to get steam to give you the old version back:

First type this into your web browser:

steam://nav/console

Then allow it to open steam client bootstrapper. Once the console window appears, type:

download_depot 489830 489833 4570833277049890269

Check the console for the location of the newly downloaded skyrimse.exe version 1.6.353. Then simply replace the exe in your game files with this one. Don't know how well this will work but the game is at least launching for me so...

1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

Yeah, so right when it was looking like the dust had settled and it is time to leave my old SE play through and go AE, the new update from Bethesda...

Don't ya just love the constant dicking Bethesda does to ALL of their player base. ?