Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

6 hours ago, CHAOS30 said:

Hi, just started with SE modding and trying to follow your guide. The FOMOD for 3BBB seams to be changed in comparision to your latest setting order.
I'm also a bit confused what to choose for the "change vagina collision" and "add anal collision" settings.

For the most part, just choose the defaults and pick the options that look like the ones in the guide when you can.

at the risk of asking something ridiculous .... i see most downgrade links on here mention going back to 1.5.73

im aware most mods on here prefer the SE over the AE, but should i specifically be aiming for 1.5.73 or is 1.5.97 good? since finding the skse for that version is much easier ?

I would honestly just go with whatever the newer version is. 99% of mods on the list work with AE now either through the same download or have their own separate AE download. What doesn't work are mostly SKSE mods that haven't updated yet and they aren't going to hurt anything to leave them in. I'm running this list in AE with about a hundred other mods and my build is very stable.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

I would honestly just go with whatever the newer version is. 99% of mods on the list work with AE now either through the same download or have their own separate AE download. What doesn't work are mostly SKSE mods that haven't updated yet and they aren't going to hurt anything to leave them in. I'm running this list in AE with about a hundred other mods and my build is very stable.

soooo gonna blame you if anything goes wrong now ?

Anyone can give me some tips on why my characters aren't getting into their animations for Sexlab, they just stand in the same spot stacked up on each other and go through all the process of Ahegao, SLACS, etc.  It's like T Posing but just standing there aimlessly.  

PS.  @wollboi and @Aylis be holding it down, thanks for everything!! Cheers! 

Edited by ascendentkunglao

It's a group thing. All of the regulars here do a badass job of troubleshooting and keeping everyone in the loop.

@TheKLx My brother/sister in Christ, the number one rule of modding this game is that shit's gonna go bad. Even when all mods are playing nice, Skyrim is gonna Skyrim.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@TheKLx My brother/sister in Christ, the number one rule of modding this game is that shit's gonna go bad. Even when all mods are playing nice, Skyrim is gonna Skyrim.

For skyrim, that's like saying water is wet. 

But @TheKLxSkyrim is unstable in it's own right, when it was converted to 64 bit is got alot better as far as stability but still suffers from memory stack bleed when it is as heavily modified as this guide. Disabling the sexlab stuff helps tremendously, but it's still skyrim being skyrim

Case in point with me, the Elemental Fury shout completely breaks itself on my newest character. Doesn't speed the attack up at all. Spend three hours trying to figure out what mod is causing it, make patches to USSEP, nothing works. Reload an old save and it works fine. Load a save from thirty minutes later with no changes to perks or levels and at some point between now and then it breaks. It's just Skyrim. Todd Howard giveth and Todd Howard taketh away.

7 hours ago, wollboi said:

Case in point with me, the Elemental Fury shout completely breaks itself on my newest character. Doesn't speed the attack up at all. Spend three hours trying to figure out what mod is causing it, make patches to USSEP, nothing works. Reload an old save and it works fine. Load a save from thirty minutes later with no changes to perks or levels and at some point between now and then it breaks. It's just Skyrim. Todd Howard giveth and Todd Howard taketh away.

here you go. just play this on repeat

14 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Have been going about my own from this original mod list but I noticed a weird shadow issue where I just see a bunch of outlines of characters/items/environment wonder if it's because I downloaded Shadow Boost and tried revertin my ini settings both in my game files and even in Mod Organizer 2, so I'm a little bit lost at what my options are besides starting a new game.  

Spoiler

ScreenShot1070.png.5b0f7de2dfbf9b1b929430ca40334b8c.png

You can see the feint outlines of my character shadow dopplegangers on the left and right of her.  

Hopefully the OG's @Aylisand @wollboican help me figure it out. 

Edited by ascendentkunglao
Added, troubleshooting details.

@ascendentkunglao No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised. I was interested in that mod but didn't install it because I figured something like that would happen.

@Adrian33Aldea25 If you're on SE, yes. If you've upgraded to AE (1.6 and above) then sort of. If the latter, you can go through each mod and you're more than likely going to find they work with AE or there is an equivalent download for that mod that will work for it. I can post my current load order if it helps. Mine is very stable, maybe a crash every six hours or so.

7 hours ago, wollboi said:

@ascendentkunglao No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised. I was interested in that mod but didn't install it because I figured something like that would happen.

@Adrian33Aldea25 If you're on SE, yes. If you've upgraded to AE (1.6 and above) then sort of. If the latter, you can go through each mod and you're more than likely going to find they work with AE or there is an equivalent download for that mod that will work for it. I can post my current load order if it helps. Mine is very stable, maybe a crash every six hours or so.

I did downgrade my copy to 1.5.97.0 with a mod, and last night i started to download themods of this guide (it will take a lot of time, as the size of the mods from this guide are pretty big). if you want to post your current load order, will be nice to see what mods have better priority, to be sure i am not going to make mistakes. Thanks for your response.

I finally download all the 'foundation' part, and i'm stuck at Skyland AIO. fomod is so different from what the guide tell to choose. so, i don't know what to do. no disrespect for the op guide, cause he put a lot of work in it, i just hoped it will be easier to install all the mods.

last time i managed to make a moded skyrim after a guide was 3 years ago, i got lucky to find 'tuco's guide" which was on point from start to finish, sadly his guide is out of date.

My priority order is going to just be what's in the guide, plus the extra mods I've installed in places where it makes sense to place them. So the guide is going to give you the best priority order if you're running SE.

Skyland has completely changed. I haven't updated it from back when the FOMOD had instructions that matched up with back then. You can still download version 1.2 in the old files section for the mod.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I'll probably updated it to the newest version for my next playthrough and play around with it. That'll probably be a while though, I'm thinking I'm going to do a Fallout 4 run for a bit.

Starter options I picked for the latest Skylands AIO (that doesn't appear to have broken anything, but I don't test nearly as extensively as some do, but hasn't broken anything in my SE modlist (that wasn't already broken, anyway))

Spoiler

1.1 Yes

2.1 Yes

3.1 Better Dynamic Snow

3.2 user choice

3.3 Stone Roads

3.4 Yes No (some z level fighting with yes)

3.5 Yes

3.6 User choice of dark, gray or tan (I found gray a bit to light)

3.7 Yes No (CleverChaffs Enhanced Ore Veins has this all covered)

4.1 None

4.2 None or Brown (won't have any effect most of the time since almost all of it is over written by other texture mods)

4.3 Yes (but again, won't have much effect)

4.4 Yes (and again, won't have much effect)

4.5 Yes (and again, won't have much effect, I'm beginning to suspect theres a theme here)

5.1 No

5.2 No

5.3 None (unless you actually use any of those mods)

6.1 None

7.1 User choice

8.1 Yes (that thing about not have much effect...)

9.1 Yes (and again....)

Spoiler

For those interested, the textures packs that do most of the overriding of this one are: Skyrim 2020, WiZkids Forts, Rally's Solstheim AIO, and CleverCharff's Farmhouses/Volkihar/Soul Cairn mods)

Edited by misterpipes
Editting Skylands AIO options
7 hours ago, misterpipes said:

For those of you that have already made the jump to AE, am I right in thinking that the only mods in the list that require .Net Script Framework are No Grass In Objects (*sigh*) and Passive Weapon Enchantment Recharging (now with a AE fix)?

As far as .net goes i think that is it yes. although .net is also a good crashlogger.

as far as AE copatible mods goes,

Its a few more but those two are probably the most impactfull.

The remaining i my list is correct are:

Dynamic Equipment Manager

Moonlight Tales (broken with ae and i doubt there will be an update)

and Fizzle

for everything else there is either an AE update or suitable alternative.

Edited by rajinthetroll
On 8/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, wollboi said:

It just ended up being Ambient Occlusion in ENB that caused the weird extra shadows.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, rajinthetroll said:

As far as .net goes i think that is it yes. although .net is also a good crashlogger.

as far as AE copatible mods goes,

Its a few more but those two are probably the most impactfull.

The remaining i my list is correct are:

Dynamic Equipment Manager

Moonlight Tales (broken with ae and i doubt there will be an update)

and Fizzle

for everything else there is either an AE update or suitable alternative.

Thanks, was really helpful Have successfully(?) switched to AE. Was also particularly brutal on the CC content and the stuff I normally add in addition the modlist and managed to free up 20 esp slots. So time to try some of the other mods I've been eyeing. Bet those 20 free slots don't last very long.

On the missing mods front:
Crash Logger Its no .net, and certainly not as easy to read at a .net crashlog, but it has helped in diagnosing a DAR animation limit CTD I had (more on that shortly). Which is the only CTD I've had, so no idea if it will be as helpful on other crashes. But I'm only level 2 so its early yet.

Equipment Toggle 2 could be a replacement for Dynamic Equipment Manager, although it needs more messing in the config (I'm still trying to work out how to prevent it removing a helmet during a kill move, although I did work out how to stop it adding helmet after speaking to someone). Also it creates a file in Overwrite every time theres a save. Lets see how long until that annoys the hell out of me.

Moonlight Tales: I haven't tried werewolf yet, so I'll see what that does shortly. The nexus forums for it are very split. I'm sure I'm in for an interesting time.

Not found anything for Fizzle yet either, but also haven't looked particularly hard.

Nice things about AE versions: DAR doesn't require a modified dll to increase animation limit. You can just change the limit in its skse ini file. But don't just follow the advice to double it to 0x8000 since that seems to lead to madness (and CTDs). Set it lower than that, you'll have to figure out a value by trial and error. For me, 0x7f30 seems to be nice and stable and not complaining about me having to many animations.

21 hours ago, mossza324 said:

Should I use DLL Plugin Loader since .NET doesn't work on AE? I haven't finished building the modlist yet and stuck on the SKSE section

No. DLL Plugin Loader hasn't been updated to AE, and most (all?) of its functionality is in SSE Engine Fixes anyway. 

For the SKSE section, it's drop or disable:
.NET Script Framework
Dynamic Eqiupment Manager

From Override section, ignore or disable:
Fizzle

And from the Final section, ignore:
No Grass in Objects (requires .NET Script Framework)

Grass Cache

Add (to SKSE Extensions):

po3's Tweaks (requirement for Papyrus Extender, it will work without Tweaks, but seems to work better with it)

Maybe add (optional, to SKSE Extensions):
Crash Logger (not as good as .Net Framework crash logging, doesn't provide any of the extras either)

Equipment Toggle 2 (Possible replacement for Dynamic Equipment Manager, although needs some extra set up).

Edited by misterpipes