Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

9 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

You are probably counting all the mods. The 250+ limit applies to just "ESMs+ESPs".

Look at MO2. On the right side near the top it says "Active:", and that little window gives you a number. Now hover your mouse over that number and more important info comes up. You need to watch "ESMs+ESPs" in the active column. THAT is where the 250+ comes in. Long story short, it has to say 254 or less to be able to launch the game. Remember at the end of the guide, if you use Dyndolod (and stuff), they need a few extra slots.

Basically, you can do the whole guide, and still have quite a bit of room for more mods. But make sure you get the guide working before you get greedy and start adding stuff.

Also, many of the mods in this guide can be "ESLed" so they don't count against the limit, If you think you may want to add extra mods later, it is worth figuring that out now, because you can only ESL mods when they are "new" (not yet part of a save yet). It is easy to do. Hope this helps!

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I was bothered by this for whole day yesterday, and couldn't find the answer myself. :D

I was planning to follow the guide first and see if that creates a stable game without the final sections, than add my own flavour to it (got a couple of replacement mods to almost all categories)

@Jessica_Degurechaff it would be faster (download and cpu wise) to just copy the manifest, delete it, then install AE on another drive and keep the se version where it is, either way it's still several gig to download but the move time could be an hour or so for yyou to move the se to another drive. when you delete the app manifest for skyrim it will no longer recognize the se version as "legal" and will let you install ae in a place of your choosing. 

7 hours ago, Shaele said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I was bothered by this for whole day yesterday, and couldn't find the answer myself. :D

I was planning to follow the guide first and see if that creates a stable game without the final sections, than add my own flavour to it (got a couple of replacement mods to almost all categories)

Putting in the entire mod list should net you around 239 esp+esm total. I replaced all the armor with TAWOBA by sun and then changed the magic robes to another mod that only does the apprentice master and collage leader robes, but they can be pretty damn slooty depending on how you change the zaps. I'm also probably the only one that still has all the creature stuff installed. plus a few race mods. So changing things as is not a game breaker, Aylis has a very specific real world time frame she is recreating while also adding just enough fantasy elements to fit into the skyrim worldspace and not seem... outside the realm of possible. like green water all over the world, just make sure you keep to the basic system set up (race mods in pc, clothing mods in armor, weapons in weapons. you get the idea) 

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

I'm also probably the only one that still has all the creature stuff installed. plus a few race mods. 

actually i also have most of the creature stuff installed, but just to make sure, which mods do you use? My current creature group is around 7 mods (plus animations that i found around)
Funny enough i do also use TAWOBA replacer plus BD replacer. 

One of the reasons im doing another profile on MM2 is to make a fully customized install just to use Skyfem properly, thats why i wanted to remove the NPCS from Jk´s mods
image.png.e9d68ce446808ebbb0d595f60f384b78.png

On 6/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, jaeos said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff it would be faster (download and cpu wise) to just copy the manifest, delete it, then install AE on another drive and keep the se version where it is, either way it's still several gig to download but the move time could be an hour or so for yyou to move the se to another drive. when you delete the app manifest for skyrim it will no longer recognize the se version as "legal" and will let you install ae in a place of your choosing. 

What i did an what works for me at least is:

1) Copy the Skyrim Folder from ...\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition to a different Folder.

-> Steam will no longer update this Install.

2) Create a new MO2 Instance and point it there

On 6/23/2022 at 12:48 PM, Shaele said:

If you want to skip the final section, you should not install Loverslab section since you need FNIS to make LL animations working or pretty much any custom anims.

If you just want to check if your game works, I suggest you launch the game everytime you finish installing mods from a section. Getting the game to launch is a bigger deal than beginner realizes.

28 minutes ago, Alabaster_Stone said:

"Encounter zones unlocked" should be below MLU in this modlist. MLU and Encounter zones unlocked both deal with leveling of encounter zone. The former fix it to hard value while the latter make dungeons level scale with your level. They quite contradict each other really.

"Even better quest objectives" can be anywhere. You can place it in Gameplay for better management. Just remember to install all the patches. Missing patches can result in wacky moments.

"The Immersive Wenches series" were once in this modlist. I remember them to be in NPC section. Just a warning, those mods will up your game difficulties alot, even in Adept (Normal) difficulty. Be prepare to be swarm by high level mobs.

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

If you want to skip the final section, you should not install Loverslab section since you need FNIS to make LL animations working or pretty much any custom anims.

If you just want to check if your game works, I suggest you launch the game everytime you finish installing mods from a section. Getting the game to launch is a bigger deal than beginner realizes.

"Encounter zones unlocked" should be below MLU in this modlist. MLU and Encounter zones unlocked both deal with leveling of encounter zone. The former fix it to hard value while the latter make dungeons level scale with your level. They quite contradict each other really.

"Even better quest objectives" can be anywhere. You can place it in Gameplay for better management. Just remember to install all the patches. Missing patches can result in wacky moments.

"The Immersive Wenches series" were once in this modlist. I remember them to be in NPC section. Just a warning, those mods will up your game difficulties alot, even in Adept (Normal) difficulty. Be prepare to be swarm by high level mobs.

Thank you :D

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

How does MM2 profiles work? 

I mean that, if for example i where to deactivate Live another life in the 2d profile that would also deactivate it from the main one? (since they share the same mods and all that)
what about lods and stuff like Bodyslide?

they share the bodyslide folder unless you create a different folder for each profile.

When you create a new profile, if you create new it will put all the mods in alphabetical order and all off. if you copy an existing profile and then modify it, it will look the same until you start shutting off mods or adding mods, each profile is unique in that, they will have the same mods shown, but not all will be on for each profile

On 6/23/2022 at 12:10 PM, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

actually i also have most of the creature stuff installed, but just to make sure, which mods do you use? My current creature group is around 7 mods (plus animations that i found around)
Funny enough i do also use TAWOBA replacer plus BD replacer. 

One of the reasons im doing another profile on MM2 is to make a fully customized install just to use Skyfem properly, thats why i wanted to remove the NPCS from Jk´s mods
image.png.e9d68ce446808ebbb0d595f60f384b78.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e10ef4237bda0f640e2a2f4cabeed7be.png

there's all of my sloot list 

1 hour ago, rajinthetroll said:

Seems like there is a new completly reremake version now.

Improved Camera SE - Preview Release 2 : skyrimmods (reddit.com)

I am not shure if a reupload of the old version is permitted unfortunately.

just tested it, it works as normal, no bugs so far, tho you ofc need to have the old mod installed, just let this one overwrite, and if something goes wrong, just turn it off.  

17 hours ago, jaeos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e10ef4237bda0f640e2a2f4cabeed7be.png

there's all of my sloot list 

Mines are in categories. Just thinking about updating your without messing it up is giving me a headache lol

17 hours ago, jaeos said:

they share the bodyslide folder unless you create a different folder for each profile.

When you create a new profile, if you create new it will put all the mods in alphabetical order and all off. if you copy an existing profile and then modify it, it will look the same until you start shutting off mods or adding mods, each profile is unique in that, they will have the same mods shown, but not all will be on for each profile

Oh, so its like instances then? 
So, i can just create a new profile and even if i delete one mod from the secondary profile, the main one will be fine?

41 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Mines are in categories. Just thinking about updating your without messing it up is giving me a headache lol

Oh, so its like instances then? 
So, i can just create a new profile and even if i delete one mod from the secondary profile, the main one will be fine?

no. to have mods that do not show up in a profile would require it to be deleted from all. Instances are the better route if you are wanting to play as different classes or mod lists you do not want to show up in every profile or want a really tailored mod list for that class, although some classes could be combined into one mod list (rogue and ranger would use the same weapons and clothing, but one would be for bows and the other for daggers, but stealth etc would be the same), soldier would be the heavy armor and casters would be the cloth wearers, if you choose to add in certain race mods such as forest nymphs or daughters of coldharbour the daughters is a caster class while the nymph is a hybrid caster heavy race,  

14 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@jaeos With that kind of mods, I doubt you can play normally for more than 5 minutes without getting gangbang. ?

Anyhow, I though Animal SOS and baka's ABC do the samething, don't they conflict with each other?

well i do take rabbits, chickens and slaughterfish off the menu, so it could be up to an hour or more before some critter takes an interest, i'm far more likely to get caught by a humanoid by defeat in the wilds than critters. in  towns on the other hand.. yeah.. exit bar... sprint for the gate.. or sprint for player housing. 

Good morning/afternoon/evening all. 

I'm fairly new at this modding thing but managed to figure out some things like merging mods though zEdit.

I finally got to the end of the list. However I am at a complete loss when it comes to dealing with overwrite files (I think I know what they are?). In the guide towards the end there are mentions of "FNIS Override" and "NEMISIS Override". I have no idea what those overrides area, and I absolutely don't know what it means to "Just convert the contents of overwrite into a mod after your run it". ?

I've been in the fetal position in the corner of the room crying after not being able to figure it out (and I haven't even got to the DynDOLOD stuff which is all completely new). 

Is there somewhere that holds your hand while explaining this? Thank you all. 

3 hours ago, Tockie said:

I finally got to the end of the list. However I am at a complete loss when it comes to dealing with overwrite files (I think I know what they are?). In the guide towards the end there are mentions of "FNIS Override" and "NEMISIS Override". I have no idea what those overrides area, and I absolutely don't know what it means to "Just convert the contents of overwrite into a mod after your run it". ?

Overwrite is the last entry in the left side of MO. Whenever you use tools like BodySlide, FNIS, xEdit and so on these will likely generate new files. Unless you specifically configure these programs to create files into a dedicate folder, they'll end up in Overwrite. So what you have to do here is use FNIS or Nemesis to update/generate behavior files, if the process is completed successfully (no errors or warnings in either program) you'll have things in Overwrite after closing FNIS/Nemesis. Now you make a mod out of these files, to do this simply right click in Overwrite and select "Create Mod", give it a name and it'll be placed last in the modlist (left side), just above Overwrite itself. Enable that mod and you should be ready.

image.png.8484c00805837776ca76a2901338aac5.png

If you're using both FNIS and Nemesis you need to do some extra steps (detailed in the "(ADVANCED) Nemesis and FNIS" section in a spoiler, you can CTRL+F "nemesis and fnis" to find it in the first page).

And LODGen/DynDOLOD may look intimidating but it's just a bit of configuring things the first time, then doing a couple of clicks and waiting a lot. So slow and steady.

Edited by Just Don't
38 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Overwrite is the last entry in the left side of MO. Whenever you use tools like BodySlide, FNIS, xEdit and so on these will likely generate new files. Unless you specifically configure these programs to create files into a dedicate folder, they'll end up in Overwrite. So what you have to do here is use FNIS or Nemesis to update/generate behavior files, if the process is completed successfully (no errors or warnings in either program) you'll have things in Overwrite after closing FNIS/Nemesis. Now you make a mod out of these files, to do this simply right click in Overwrite and select "Create Mod", give it a name and it'll be placed last in the modlist (left side), just above Overwrite itself. Enable that mod and you should be ready.

image.png.8484c00805837776ca76a2901338aac5.png

If you're using both FNIS and Nemesis you need to do some extra steps (detailed in the "(ADVANCED) Nemesis and FNIS" section in a spoiler, you can CTRL+F "nemesis and fnis" to find it in the first page).

And LODGen/DynDOLOD may look intimidating but it's just a bit of configuring things the first time, then doing a couple of clicks and waiting a lot. So slow and steady.

Thank you. You are a saint! Apparently I had FNIS to already create the output automatically. Tells you what I know :) 

When I run Nemesis, run "Update Engine" works with no problems. When I "Launch Nemesis Behavior Engine" the green bar at the bottom completes to 100%, but the orange bar stops...it seems stuck at:

Running script: SexyMove detector.py

Running script: XPMSE detector.py

Any ideas? Screenshot attached

Thanks for the encouraging words re: DynDOLOD. Everyone here is so awesome.

Screenshot (69).png

31 minutes ago, Tockie said:

When I run Nemesis, run "Update Engine" works with no problems. When I "Launch Nemesis Behavior Engine" the green bar at the bottom completes to 100%, but the orange bar stops...it seems stuck at:

That's not a progress bar, but a visual indication of how many animations you have vs the maximum Nemesis "considers okay"*. Nemesis is done when you see the last line in that screenshot ("Behavior generation complete: xx second(s) taken").

* For the most part you can ignore that number, and if you're ever near the limit you can edit the MaxAnimation= setting from nemesis.ini file (included in your Nemesis installation in the left side of MO) to a higher amount (like 60000 or 100000).