Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Yeah, I specifically meant Pandorable's NPCs. Those don't overlap with the others, but then there are additional Pandorable mods that would. Honestly where NPC replacers are concerned, it's best to just find one or two and stick with them I think. I still don't trust EasyNPC for making patches, although I do like it for getting ideas about which one to add.

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

Yeah, I specifically meant Pandorable's NPCs. Those don't overlap with the others, but then there are additional Pandorable mods that would. Honestly where NPC replacers are concerned, it's best to just find one or two and stick with them I think. I still don't trust EasyNPC for making patches, although I do like it for getting ideas about which one to add.

EAsyNPC is not too hard to use, but it for me has never worked the way it says it should, the guide to using it says, do the merge then deactivate all the npc mods in it as they are included, for me the merge always includes at least some of the npc mods I used in the merge as master files to the merge, never could figure out why the hell it does that or does not do that, I pretty much gave up on it after the fourth try, where it still required over half my npc mods as master files to itself, and those were not the hair and makeup mods as they were given as master files as they were not included in my merge.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, killorkilled said:

i actually didnt run loot i just manually move the plugins as best as i could i swear.

Aylis puts quite a bit of time in testing mods and moving them around in order to get them to work nicely with each other. You can right click and disable all then enable all one at a time until you click 300+ boxes, then see if wrye bash has any complaints (it usually will the first few times as some mods install a main and patch esm or esp and the patch always seems to be above what it's patching. Then redo your your physics in game, might try going with less .. sway or bounce.. in some areas, Complete game freeze is usually a stack crash, which "shouldn't" happen. It might be easy to miss but do you get the windows alarm chime just as it freezes? If I have to much physics mine will tend to crash during combat (i use dibellas defender so my PC is usually wearing nothing but smiles and tattoos.. ) when i turned the physics down to firm it cut the chances to almost never now. Now it's if a certain dragon gets his jollies off, but since he's not usually trying to fuck me unless i actively engage, i just do the forced speech he does and run away back to the land of the living and forget about summoning him. 

OK, here we go again...

Karlilie, Bijin and Pandorable DO overlap. So this could pose a problem.

On the mod side i got almost everything i wanted in. Having to wait for Wrye Bash to update is quite a hindrance.

I'm starting to drop optional mods here to conserve room for more important plugins.

Atm i got

Active mods   : 456

Active plugins: 361

ESL + ESP       : 127  Getting too close to the limit for my taste

ESL                 : 234

Latest build (NSFW)

SAE.ods

Almost forgot:

Going the OStim/OpenSex route makes everything a lot easier. With those mods we get a more stable game (less cooks stirring the same pot) but we loose on some aspects sexlab offers. But in the long run i think it is the better route as the chance of an update breaking everything is almost non-existent.

Edited by Aylis_Temp
6 hours ago, Varithina said:

EAsyNPC is not too hard to use, but it for me has never worked the way it says it should, the guide to using it says, do the merge then deactivate all the npc mods in it as they are included, for me the merge always includes at least some of the npc mods I used in the merge as master files to the merge, never could figure out why the hell it does that or does not do that, I pretty much gave up on it after the fourth try, where it still required over half my npc mods as master files to itself, and those were not the hair and makeup mods as they were given as master files as they were not included in my merge.

When you do the merge, does the program show any red number, like suspicious plugins? My experience with EasyNpc has been very smooth for me. Maybe I could help.

@Aylis_Temp Totally looking forward to your guide using Ostim. I also want to try Ostim but can't get over the hurdle of clearing SL mods and install the right Ostim mods.

@trgdolors

Atm just 'standard' landscape textures plus 'Simplicity of Snow'. Doesn't look like extra textures for the snow are really that important.

Spoiler

Nothing special:

Ryzen 3600

32 GB 3200 RAM

Everything on SSD - only storage still got an old HDD

Radeon RX 570 8 GB - this one is starting to reach its limits. 

27'' Dell 2700

@akadeadpool

Then you'll love the last post with my list. The setup for OSex is already in there and afaik working without issues (even defeat works fine).

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.9468d0c71ac57b0534e27bd9ad8501e0.jpg

Edited by Aylis_Temp

Oddities found from a brief play:

Annoyingly, Myrwatch has the weird landscape that doesn't quite merge properly into the surrounding area. But I'm beginning to think that is a problem with the Myrwatch CC, not with the mods.

Iron Arrows may have a texture issue (seems to be trying to get textures from a mod that isn't installed).

Spoiler

enb2022_11_2_12_24_51.jpg.fd3dd2793d89051d08211237e3ade9b7.jpg

Something weird about Solitude:

Spoiler

enb2022_11_2_12_04_45.jpg.2934ae49c7b385816ba863005b7ae9b8.jpg

More weirdness in Solitude

Spoiler

enb2022_11_2_12_09_20.jpg.9aae614707d4369d9848ecb46cba09f1.jpg

The Blue Palace interior looks stunning.

A pretty reliable CTD with dynDOLOD enabled, near Tundra Homestead (just outside Whiterun). Probably due to the giant purple towers. I think its realted to Blubbos trees, since the towers match with aspen trees. And maybe pine trees as well (since theres one of those there as well). But i've already redone dyndolod 3 times today, and thats quite enough for one day, so further dyndolod testing will have to wait

Spoiler

enb2022_11_2_11_51_46.jpg.ffa28b54fc55bd8547bfca85b863a98a.jpg

@misterpipes

That is either a texture/mesh conflict or a problem with parallax.

Try installing this shader and check if you got the newest version of ENB (link is in the list and the new ones make the shader obsolete).

Worst case you have to redownload texture packs.

Surprisingly it is 'Enhanced Solitude' itself that got a problem. Digging now for a solution.

So we need Enhanced Solitude with Vanilla Textures. Using our own textures, and not the ones from the mod, fixes the issue.

Spoiler

1948382996_SkyrimSE2022-11-0220-07-51.jpg.27739466f3ccfdfff74650bac2463619.jpg

But i'll kick out 'JK's Winking Skeever'. Whenever JK puts out a mod it turns to gold, except his palaces and inns. Those often enough don't work out for me, and the issue just reminded me of that.

Edited by Aylis_Temp

@Varithina I'm also worried about patches for NPC mods. "Are those supposed to be deactivated to?" I just find it better to not risk it.

@Aylis_Temp I don't have a single overlap, and both Pandorable's and Kalilies's both say they're designed not to. Unless you start venturing out into some of Pandorable's other mods, which definitely do overlap with both. I'm also using Metalsaber's NPC overhaul for orcs and vampires, because for some reason neither of those get much love (there's some overlap there, but haven't seen any black faces yet).

Edit - This looks fun. Haven't played with it yet but I will. Immersive Equipping Animation

Edited by wollboi
7 hours ago, Aylis_Temp said:

Try installing this shader and check if you got the newest version of ENB (link is in the list and the new ones make the shader obsolete).

No joy there.

I've gone and redownloaded the texture packs (Noble Skyrim, Solitude HD by CleverCharff and Enhanced Solitude) and still the same issue. I even pulled the nif for the house out of the BSA and checked it in nifskope, and I have all the dds files it's apparently missing.

What really gets me is this picture:

Spoiler

enb2022_11_2_21_31_59.jpg.199c44b38b19d12cdff6470593a63251.jpg

Those two sets of steps - they are part of the same nif, and and use the same texture. And both display the texture correctly in nifskope. This is getting me curious.

On a happier note, figured out my Myrwatch issue. So possible optional addition for your list (for those with the full AE, which includes Myrwatch): Myrwatch Majestic Mountains Landscape Patch

Edited by misterpipes
nifskope displaying textures right
7 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

When you do the merge, does the program show any red number, like suspicious plugins? My experience with EasyNpc has been very smooth for me. Maybe I could help.

No I fixed all the errors it was popping up, and after spending far too many hours trying to get it sorted, removed the merge and the tool itself, now I just make do with the various npc replacers I use and live with it.

@misterpipes

The solution is in the second part of the post.

When something like this pops up i'll immediately work on it. ;)

? Wth is this!?

Seasons of Skyrim SKSE

I guess i just found something i simply have to check out.

That mod (and its extensions) would spare us a noticable amount of separate downloads. I'm dropping mods left and right and it still looks better.

Edited by Aylis_Temp

A few screenies (new landscape and trees):

Spoiler

enb2022_11_3_12_57_54.jpg.81bd08a91e97f392d9efb6db56ca7325.jpgenb2022_11_3_13_43_49.jpg.34e1342f058f1d249ddf4ad9ad8b931e.jpgenb2022_11_3_14_08_03.jpg.d2df195d3e7d52f6f490135a1e100ba3.jpgenb2022_11_3_14_29_31.jpg.1bbdaefd611a097711622250b443fc0b.jpgenb2022_11_3_14_37_53.jpg.3fb1aa390816b10299d3f5438b075a5d.jpg

The only drawbacks i can see atm:

The generation of terrain LOD has returned.

The generation of the terrain LOD takes longer.

Some areas have no seasons (like Sovngard and Blackreach) so there's a second run for terrain LOD required.

Advantages:

Less mods to download.

The trees are a class of their own when it comes to visuals.

Many many more diverse trees.

I now get better FPS than before. *Let's see how i can ruin that again...* ?

Less ESM/ESP required

Spoiler

424589606_TerrainLOD1.jpg.dbf93a02924aeeaf1bf01a91c84a8ee1.jpg

857321566_TerrainLOD2.jpg.4b2f9f246ea303627ae0316728e92ae8.jpg

Depending on the viewpoint this was either a very short or a very long night. But i finally figured the setup out and got rid of the visual glitches in the snowy areas of northern Skyrim. 

And now parallax is finally working correctly with 'Lux' and 'Simplicity of Snow'. 'Almost right' isn't good enough for me... ;)

And now to my seventh run of DynDOLOD. ? Hopefully this will work out and i'll never ever have to run it again!

Darn, i forgot the grass cache. So there's another run in the future... ?

Edited by Aylis_Temp

"Returned the Terrain LOD has." :|

@misterpipes That's so weird, as many times as I've used Myrwatch with MM I've never noticed the conflict. I'm blind.

[Meaningless old man rant - I have mixed feelings about Myrwatch. It's beautiful, but it feels like something you shouldn't be able to unlock until around level 20. I mean, there's a badass chaurus outside the door as a gatekeeper, but there are a million ways of dealing with him. And the "quest" is solved by using one of the spells you have at the start of the game. They could maybe have made it so that you needed to cast an Adept or Expert level spell on it or something, that way you're not getting your wizard tower unless you're, y'know, a wizard. And once you get in it's way too busted. You get a staff enchanter, so no need to do the quest in Solstheim. The garden is pretty busted, just plant something, sleep three days, there you go, power level the hell out of Alchemy using Mora Tapinella, Scaly Pholiota, and Creep Cluster ... which are already in the room. You've get a ton of free expensive stuff, including potions and ingredients that are hard to find at level 1. I'm nitpicking, but it just seems like too much of a treat at the beginning of the game. But so is a lot of the CC content--like the civil war champion armor. Holy shit that's busted at level 1.]

Yeah, Myrwatch is beautiful, but really easy to get. But the conflict is pretty easy to miss, its only really a couple of rocks at weird angles and water on the path (which could have been intended, except I'd seen the place in vanilla originally).

[My meaningless old man rant] It also suffers from addon player homes syndrome, which is its miles away from anywhere (its not the worst from CC content, thats a toss up bettween Dead Man's Dread and Nchuanthumz - if you find yourself in need of a bed and are near Nchuanthumz, its still easier to run to Kynesgrove). At least Myrwatch is close to a town (which doesn't have a carriage in vanilla). It would be good if Myrwatch quest did ned something mage related. An Adept or Expert level speel would be good. Might have a look at that myself. But if you really want busted Alchemy stuff, Be A Farmer. You can grow 12 Creep Clusters, 12 Scaly Pholiotia and 20 Mora Tapinella at the same time, for 60 potions at once (and green thumbs doubles that, guess where I powerlevel alchemy... You do have to get the ingrediants yourself to plant them though.)

@Aylis_Temp I'm playing around with NPC replacers lately. If you decide to go with Kalilies (saw you're testing it in your spreadsheet), I'd go with this version. It lets you keep your own skin and mesh textures. Other than that it's identical.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/73003

And FWIW, I'm quickly remembering why I had so many problems with Bijin ...

Also, if there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know. I've got two three-day weekends in a row. :D

Edited by wollboi