Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

The current version of RaceMenu includes the fix.

My understanding is that the latest AE version of Racemenu has the fix, but the latest SE version (0.4.16), which this guide would still probably have people use, does not.

@Mystic Taurus While installing that fix is probably a good idea, there are a lot of things that the guide would need at this point. This guide still has a lot of value (I find I still check it frequently), but anyone new that is following it should be prepared to do some research. We can help to some extent.

I had been thinking that this would be a good time to jump in to AE, but almost at that moment Bethesda dropped a (not very good) surprise update on us. An AE run is still totally viable, but now you have the extra issue of needing to choose which version of AE to use.

14 hours ago, killorkilled said:

Guys anyone know how to fix this issue

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1071.jpg.c869502e398a0139c01c27ef758c1047.jpgScreenShot1070.jpg.9a591978ffd1721e3102bb9ed21e0ff2.jpg

The missing part of the leg? That happens sometimes. Someone else here may have a better answer, but one thing it could be is that you are trying to put the armor/clothes from one body type on a different body type. The guide here uses the CBBE 3BBB body. Is the armor from a different body?

I am not sure if it has been posted here yet so I am going to let people know if they don't know already. Aylis actually lost access to their account since the beginning of august and loverslab have never gotten back to them yet and at this point who really knows if Aylis will get access to their account back so there is a chance this guide won't be updated normally again whenever Aylis decides to work on this guide again. Aylis is still focused on Fallout 4 these days. The recent update to the fallout guide Aylis wasn't able to update the page so the update is deep in the comments. Just wanted to give people updates on why you probably won't be seeing much of Aylis on their main account.

Edited by LogTM

So apparently Skyrim is on GoG now, as well as steam. Its the most recent AE version, so this guide won't work as is, you'll need to do the various AE steps in this thread to use it. But you would be able to download the (latest) version and keep it separate from any auto updating software. Also, GoG Galaxy (the gog equivalent of Steam) does seem to have better revert options compared to steam, when new updates are released.

On 9/10/2022 at 1:11 PM, axz2 said:

I was going to use Serena Dialogue Add-on next time I play but I'm reconsidering it.

One of the reasons is some compatibility issues including fertility mods.  I might use Serana Relationship Revamped instead but since I've never played through Dawnguard before and thus never played with vanilla Serana, perhaps I should do that first, or at least have a closer to vanilla Serana with something like Serana Dialogue Edit.

Anyone have any thoughts on those options?

I use Serena Dialogue Add-on and highly recommend it.  As far as compatibility goes with Fertility Mode I haven't experienced any problems with compatibility; however, the reference you pointed to for the Add On didn't explain what the problems were. If it's Serana not getting pregnant, then that hasn't happened, and I personally don't care about that.  I've had several followers get pregnant but not Serana.

I use SexLab Eager NPC's with the voice file from DoubleCheeseburger's xVASynth Based Mod Voicification Thread and Versh's Sexlab Sexual Fame Framwork SE v0.99  and SLSF Fame Comments SE 2.1 with the voice files.  Serana has dialogue voice files in these, and they are very entertaining. She seems to become sexually aware.

I recently completed the Dawngaurd quests and got Serana cured and everything is working; although, I experience an occasional reference from her about being a vampire.  The downloaded voice files are not entirely situational.

What a wealth of information.  Cannot believe a kind soul would share so much.  The time it took to do this... I can't image.  Been modding for a year and will use your guide to improve and tweak my setup.  Thank you.

hey guys im using these mods together like the aylis told this guide but whenever i try to get in first person to see my partner when doing some sexlab stuff i cant see it  the camera mods wont let me so anyone have a advice for me i appreciated the mods are below that im using

Improved Camera (Beta 4)

Customized Improved Camera Preset

And this is how it looks in game

Spoiler

ScreenShot1070.jpg.6532a9bf9cfef06a61e90d0ed1f98853.jpg

When i scroll down with my mouse i can see a little but it wont be  last long so thats why im asking u guys for help.

Edited by killorkilled
On 10/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, killorkilled said:

hey guys im using these mods together like the aylis told this guide but whenever i try to get in first person to see my partner when doing some sexlab stuff i cant see it  the camera mods wont let me so anyone have a advice for me i appreciated the mods are below that im using

Improved Camera (Beta 4)

Customized Improved Camera Preset

And this is how it looks in game

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1070.jpg.6532a9bf9cfef06a61e90d0ed1f98853.jpg

When i scroll down with my mouse i can see a little but it wont be  last long so thats why im asking u guys for help.

Install this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12201?tab=description and edit minimum/maximum distance and/or vertical/horizontal distances in MCM. I always add it to my install. Make sure it's set after Improved Camera in the install order. Profiles save to overwrite so make sure to either "Create Mod" with overwrite so that it doesn't populate overwrite, or place it somewhere else.

So I made a reinstall on AE, here are some of my observations (I haven't done all the list, there are many environment things I don't care about enough to install)

- The current version (1.6.640 bethesda update sept 2022) doesn't work. Don't even try you're gonna waste your time, too many things are broken right now. Papyrus, DAR, RaceMenu, Smooth Cam mod, and maybe a lot more. As usual Bethesda broke everything.

- Instead, downgrade to AE v1.6.353 (January 2022 patch) and work from there. All the important mods have versions for that Skyrim patch, you can downgrade with the patcher on nexus. The SKSE version for that patch is 2 01 05 (it's not explicitly stated on the SKSE website).

- A few mods on Aylis list have vanished out of existence or have never been updated to AE. I recommend trying to google, sometimes they have replacements for AE, but so far none of them are important enough so that it breaks the install. For instance the "Start goes to Settings" mod exists somewhere on google for AE.

- ENB for Cathedral Weathers is a bit more streamlined to install now. Finding the option to remove letterbox is as annoying as ever though.

- In general the annoying bugs I found on XPMSSE+CBPC+FasterHDTSMP+3BA combo in my last install (before AE) are fixed so that's great. I found a minor issue that remains but it's an improvement. Usually what happens is that when CBPC looks silly, SMP looks great, and vice versa. So just have that switch hotkey nearby. The problems with CBPC are that it's a bit stilted sometimes, while SMP's problems mostly have to do with collision. The collision detector is really retarded sometimes. Still tinkering.

- I should really BASH patch my install...

- Still, everything goes smoothly so far, not a single crash. But yeah, it's not the full install, for what it's worth (I'm at around 200 mods so missing a lot but I do have the big animation ones and movement overhauls and physics, all requiring the skse libraries)

tl`dr: Downgrade to patch 1.6.353, it's stable right now. Pretty sure wollboi is also on that version because they don't seem to have any problems and are running on AE

Edited by maltodaxtrin
14 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Install this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12201?tab=description and edit minimum/maximum distance and/or vertical/horizontal distances in MCM. I always add it to my install. Make sure it's set after Improved Camera in the install order. Profiles save to overwrite so make sure to either "Create Mod" with overwrite so that it doesn't populate overwrite, or place it somewhere else.

So I made a reinstall on AE, here are some of my observations (I haven't done all the list, there are many environment things I don't care about enough to install)

- The current version (1.6.640 bethesda update sept 2022) doesn't work. Don't even try you're gonna waste your time, too many things are broken right now. Papyrus, DAR, RaceMenu, Smooth Cam mod, and maybe a lot more. As usual Bethesda broke everything.

- Instead, downgrade to AE v1.6.353 (January 2022 patch) and work from there. All the important mods have versions for that Skyrim patch, you can downgrade with the patcher on nexus. The SKSE version for that patch is 2 01 05 (it's not explicitly stated on the SKSE website).

- A few mods on Aylis list have vanished out of existence or have never been updated to AE. I recommend trying to google, sometimes they have replacements for AE, but so far none of them are important enough so that it breaks the install. For instance the "Start goes to Settings" mod exists somewhere on google for AE.

- ENB for Cathedral Weathers is a bit more streamlined to install now. Finding the option to remove letterbox is as annoying as ever though.

- In general the annoying bugs I found on XPMSSE+CBPC+FasterHDTSMP+3BA combo in my last install (before AE) are fixed so that's great. I found a minor issue that remains but it's an improvement. Usually what happens is that when CBPC looks silly, SMP looks great, and vice versa. So just have that switch hotkey nearby. The problems with CBPC are that it's a bit stilted sometimes, while SMP's problems mostly have to do with collision. The collision detector is really retarded sometimes. Still tinkering.

- I should really BASH patch my install...

- Still, everything goes smoothly so far, not a single crash. But yeah, it's not the full install, for what it's worth (I'm at around 200 mods so missing a lot but I do have the big animation ones and movement overhauls and physics, all requiring the skse libraries)

tl`dr: Downgrade to patch 1.6.353, it's stable right now. Pretty sure wollboi is also on that version because they don't seem to have any problems and are running on AE

i dont understand all the parts u mention except installing the mod u suggest above so care to clarify.

2 hours ago, killorkilled said:

i dont understand all the parts u mention except installing the mod u suggest above so care to clarify.

Well, come to think of it, I'm not so sure it's 100% what you need since you probably want to stick to first person only, and I'm not sure if that mod will give you what you want on 1st person, but here goes:

It requires Improved Camera so install it after Improved Camera.

After you install the mod, in-game in the MCM Menu (Mod Configuration Menu) you can edit camera settings now instead of just "trusting" improved camera to be smart enough. You can change camera distance, height, FOV, go in free camera mode, etc. So now you'll be able to zoom out as much as you want, and even go in free camera mode which is the best for what you want IMO.

After you change Camera settings in the MCM, there'll be an option to save those new settings in a profile (and load them later). After you save the profile, it'll be located in your MO2 overwrite folder, so you need to move it elsewhere or else it'll stay in this folder which is not good. You always want your overwrite folder to be empty so you can make new mods with it when necessary (BodySlide Output, FNIS output, Nemesis output, etc). So make sure there's nothing else in there before saving a new profile, then when you have saved it in-game, make a new mod out of overwrite and call it "Customizable Camera profile" and put it after Customizable Camera in the load order.

That should cover it. But yeah, not sure the mod is exactly what you're looking for with first person camera. Works wonders for 3rd person and free camera though.

16 minutes ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Well, come to think of it, I'm not so sure it's 100% what you need since you probably want to stick to first person only, and I'm not sure if that mod will give you what you want on 1st person, but here goes:

It requires Improved Camera so install it after Improved Camera.

After you install the mod, in-game in the MCM Menu (Mod Configuration Menu) you can edit camera settings now instead of just "trusting" improved camera to be smart enough. You can change camera distance, height, FOV, go in free camera mode, etc. So now you'll be able to zoom out as much as you want, and even go in free camera mode which is the best for what you want IMO.

After you change Camera settings in the MCM, there'll be an option to save those new settings in a profile (and load them later). After you save the profile, it'll be located in your MO2 overwrite folder, so you need to move it elsewhere or else it'll stay in this folder which is not good. You always want your overwrite folder to be empty so you can make new mods with it when necessary (BodySlide Output, FNIS output, Nemesis output, etc). So make sure there's nothing else in there before saving a new profile, then when you have saved it in-game, make a new mod out of overwrite and call it "Customizable Camera profile" and put it after Customizable Camera in the load order.

That should cover it. But yeah, not sure the mod is exactly what you're looking for with first person camera. Works wonders for 3rd person and free camera though.

Here is the thing when ı use improved camera mod with Customizable Camera ı can tweak it but it wont work for first person i always have a like double body or something and when i try to zoom in more i have a temporary view in first person but then its going to third person like i push a hotkey for first person or something so how can i fix this.

7 hours ago, killorkilled said:

Here is the thing when ı use improved camera mod with Customizable Camera ı can tweak it but it wont work for first person i always have a like double body or something and when i try to zoom in more i have a temporary view in first person but then its going to third person like i push a hotkey for first person or something so how can i fix this.

Sorry can't help you there, I barely use 1st person :(

• 2 weeks later...

@Aylis_Temp Yay! Just in case it helps, here are some mods that I've added in AE for your consideration, as well as a few notes on what does and doesn't work now (I'm on the dreaded 1.6.640).

Foundation:

SKSE Extensions (lots here):

Spoiler

FEC - Doesn't work in 1.6.640 yet.

Remember Lockpick Angle - Ditto

No Crime Teleport - I'd recommend this one, but it's not 1.6.640 yet.

Infinity UI - As a prerequisite for ...

Compass Navigation Overhaul - More modern, Witcher-like compass and on-screen quest highlights. Users may want to play with the config files to get it how they prefer. Information for that is on the mod page.

HD Local Map - Would recommend, but not compatible with 1.6.640.

Crash Logger SSE AE VR - Haven't played with much, but it's updated.

Recursion Monitor - Seems to help FPS in Whiterun, maybe some other places.

Vanilla Scripting Enhancements - Seems good

Area

Spoiler

Beastess Lair - I added this back to take another look at it, and it seems to work fine now. Just mentioning.

Khajiit Has Wares - Makes the caravans look a lot more attractive.

Textures

Spoiler

All of the new Daedric shrines are nice. I use Mandragorasprouts's for non-female Daedra/gods and the more sexy ones from PSBoss for where they seem appropriate (Dibella, etc.). Rather than list them all (there are a ton), here is the authors' pages. I also use PSBoss's mods to add more statues around Skyrim.

Mandragorasprouts

PSBoss

ElSopa Quivers Redone - Strongly recommend. Cuts down on clipping a lot, too.

JS Bloodstone Chalice

JS Initiate's Ewer

JS Essence Extractor

JS Dwemer Puzzle Cube

JS Attunement Sphere and Lexicon

JS Dwemer Control Cube

JS Helm of Yngol

Clams HD - (no, not those clams)

Physics & Animation:

Spoiler

DAR - Sadly still not 1.6.640 compatible, and the author hasn't been seen in over a year. I'm thinking the only way this will be back is if somebody remakes the entire mod from scratch. I haven't removed any of the DAR mods, they just aren't working anymore.

Skypia has some nice new mods in their "Smooth" line, but of course aren't going to work now.

Animated Interactions and Idles - A newer version of Sky Idles for those that used that. Doesn't use DAR and works well with Immersive Interactions. I think there are still some bugs to be worked out, as it's pretty new.

Feminize - NPC Turning Animations - Worth mentioning, but not going to work.

Gesture Animation Remix - Ditto, strongly recommend if DAR comes back though.

Animated Potions - I have a love/hate relationship with it, but for the most part I recommend it. It isn't gameplay-breaking like a lot of potion animation mods.

Werewolf Revert Effect and Animation - This was very nice for the two seconds I got to use it before Bethesda broke DAR.

Armor:

Spoiler

Golden Saint Armory Revamped - Seems nice, but I haven't had much chance to play with it. Includes Bodyslide and HIMBO.

Override:

Spoiler

Lawbringer - Register and Claiming Fix - Probably could go in Patches

Lawbringer - Guardsman - Recommended. Pretty much what the sites I hoped Lawbringer would also include

Go to Bed and the newer Go to Bed AE Patches - Broken unfortunately.

Loki's Wade in Water and the newer Wade in Water Redone - Ditto.

Increased Enchanting and Smithing Potion Duration - This fixes something I ****ing hate, where the game gives you thirty seconds to apply enchantments.

Hearthfire Buildings for Cheats - Not immersive, but I get tired of finding building materials or using the console to spawn them.

Use Those Blankets - Makes NPCs sleep under covers. I'm still on the fence with this one. Sometimes it makes the NPCs look like they're being eaten by a large slug.

Use Those Comfy Blankets - Texture enhancer for the above.

I'm Walkin' Here - Keeps NPCs from walking between you and the person you're talking to.

NPCs

Spoiler

Glam Aranea - Very nice. Recommend basically all of the patches.

Sound

Spoiler

Hunters Not Bandits - Keeps hunters from screaming "I'll murder you and your whole family" to rabbits and deer.

NPCs React to Necromancy - One of the best things AE did was the necromancy spells, and this adds some fun and immersion. Recommend using the "No Consequences" patch.

Bandit Lines Expansion - Was on the fence about this one. Thought it would sound too robotic, but it sounds very good and you can't even tell they aren't vanilla lines.

Sleeping Expanded - For the lulz.

Loverslab

Spoiler

New Hagraven and Glenmoril Witch - This probably should go in Creatures, but I really like the look of these. They're cute but still monstrous. If you use More Nasty Critters, this unfortunately requires you to delete the meshes for Hagravens in that mod and replace them with the meshes from this one.

New Vampire Lord Female - Ditto to the above in every respect.

Patches

Spoiler

Bug Fixes - Sadly not working anymore. My game seems very stable, however. No crashes at all since I finally get everything working with 1.6.640.

CC Bone Colossus Skeleton Fix - This fixes a seriously bad bug, especially with Bone Colossi being so effing cool.

Alftand Fix - Fixes a bug that can ruin hours of playtime if you are relying on autosaves.

Embers XD - Frozen Electrocution Combustion Patch - Sadly not muse use until FEC proper is updated.

SDA Patch Hub - May not be useful in the list, but just as well may be, especially as it keeps getting updated and incorporating fixes for other mods. And the FOMOD is very helpful in deciding if it's needed or not.

No More Swimming in Air - Fixes an annoying bug.

Werewolf Claws Affect Spider Webs - An old mod, but still works for those of us who don't want to use Moonlight Tales.

CC Bone Colossus Champion Spell Absorption Fix - I don't know why Bone Colossi have so many bugs, but this fixes a very annoying visual bug where your character will constantly have a blue energy emanating from them.

Any questions or help, please let me know.

Edited by wollboi

There's no ETA yet.

So far it looks like i have to completely rebuild everything. JK might get completely replaced (the 'new' Markath and Solitude look good so far). Hopefully i can cut down on the textures so we don't have to download several GB only to have them overwritten later on.

First draft for the world:

Second draft for the world:

SAE.ods

Note

This is NOT the installation order and things are still changing. Also i'm still adding/removing stuff when i see something i want to improve on...

Armor will be a PITA again. Hopefully i'll get it right the first time.

@wollboi

Thanks for that. :)

Edited by Aylis_Temp

It is so great to see you back over here, Aylis!

You have no shortage of mods to look at, but I would mention:

-Anything by Doodlezoid

-Anything by MaskedRPGFan, including the settings loader series

-Anything by Ershin, including Precision and Dynamic Collision Adjustment

-I am liking Valhalla Combat

-It may be worth looking at SkyrimGuild (Distar and friend's site) for their mods.

-Maybe Conditional High Heel Walk - it gives feminine walk just to those wearing high heels, which is an interesting way to deal with that.

-I am curious which, if any, poise mod(s) you pick.

Also, DAR is stuck at v1.6.353 and many people are staying at that level of Skyrim for now. On the other hand Doodlezoid has stated that they are trying to work on DAR, but it would seem a challenge.

To comment on wollboi's excellent list:

-The whole Glam series is worth looking at.

-Many of the great mods listed there do work in .353.

And there is a new ESL project: ESLify Everything - ESPFE and Mergify Everything for whatever its worth.

From your Second draft for the world:

Lux - I have not used it, but hear good things about it and am really curious!

DMT's Paint it Blackreach EXTREME - I hope you can get it working. It was really buggy for me and I dropped it. But it is impressive.

First raw screens:

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.jpg.4cd069b70d585bae527b04b6b9067cd8.jpgScreenShot1.jpg.51766b82ea626da2466b28fda5612967.jpgScreenShot2.jpg.1138aaa5f8e2e748e04e8debda687720.jpgScreenShot3.jpg.b20375c39490036f930d70be4bec11cc.jpg

So far only Reshade isn't working properly (don't remember installing that) and the lighting is ENB only.

Using 'Rudy Lite' 'Pfuscher Lite' is a huge plus for the FPS and the new ENB is very good.

'Racemenu' needs an update. I tried downgrading but that didn't work out as then other mods start to complain...

Edited by Aylis_Temp
5 hours ago, Aylis_Temp said:

Using 'Rudy Lite' is a huge plus for the FPS and the new ENB is very good.

Do you mean "Rudy for SSE 6.0 CW ADDONS" from the Rudy ENB download page that says "Better performance inis (at the expense of quality, of course), Depth of Field options, optional rain drops textures" or is there a separate "Rudy Lite" mod?