Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Release 'Skyrim AE for Beginners 0.9 (3BA/HIMBO/Seasons)'

This is as far as i can get without the mods that need an update.

For previous AE version users to easier find the mods they have to remove (you'll need the second file too once you've done this):

SAE-DELETE.ods

Release file:

SAE V0.9.ods

From now on this will be the foundation for all upcoming changes.

Note:

If you need more recommendations for the configuration of the mods then just tell me about it. Those are easily added. ;)

Purple mods have beeen moved from previous iterations.

'Testing' should work fine, but i havn't seen all of it yet.

'Watching' are the mods i want to include but either they or my guide arn't/isn't ready yet.

And as always a little music to go along:

Spoiler

Edited by Aylis_Temp
4 hours ago, KalAndrew said:

Would you recommend JK's Skyrim at all or is it safer to use the individual JK mods?

JK got some really good mods, but some are a bit off (in my opinion). I've used JK's Skyrim before and decided against using it because of that.

In the end this guide is just a long list of suggestions of what i think is a good modded Skyrim. Especially when it comes to something like armor. My intention was to get it as realistic as possible. Others want a more skimpy setup. You have to decide for yourself what you prefer (and install ;)).

When it comes to an AIO mod that changes the cities and towns i'd recommend 'Dawn of Skyrim' not JK.

Edited by Aylis_Temp
9 hours ago, trgdolors said:

@Aylis_Temp

Just curious. Why did you remove the 3D plants like the Cathedral - 3D Deathbell and go with Mari's plants instead? Sorry if this is obvious.

Cause seasons landscape got more adapted textures for Mari. So i wanted to keep the installation as simple as possible.

@All

Are the pics for DynDOLOD big enough or too small? I got bigger ones here but i didn't want the size of the file go up too much (will have to add a few more).

Edited by Aylis_Temp

I thought they were big enough. I'm not able to get DynDOLOD to finish. Taking out the cleaned DLC textures helps (it complains about Update.esm being outdated, which makes sense) but I'm still hitting errors. I'm assuming the Seasons and Snows checkboxes should also be checked?

Edit - And the solution was to run it three times. ****ing DynDOLOD.

Edited by wollboi

@wollboi

Checking the Snows checkbox caused issues here. Without it the next six runs were fine. I'll rework the instructions for DynDOLOD (plus adding more pics) today.

But i fear you're going to hate me. I found a few mods...

@All

DO NOT run DynDOLOD atm!

I just found a modder for all the smaller spots (Alchemist's shack, Anise's cabin, Loreius farm, etc) which i want to check. He also reworked the exterior of Whiterun which now makes way more sense than before.

Rough preview (no DynDOLOD atm)

Spoiler

enb2022_11_6_08_53_15.jpg.58e190abe8f420bac1096d4d02aed157.jpgenb2022_11_6_08_53_04.jpg.206ba15dccfcd4df9aa5006c5b981d35.jpg

Reworked eastern area

enb2022_11_6_08_54_02.jpg.e2aebe5bcbdebc42be9370b2cbf1f23d.jpg

Extended watchtower (NE)

enb2022_11_6_08_55_38.jpg.a9a4651aa06fe92aa24e41da8bd67edc.jpg

Best thing is that i didn't have to remove a single mod (everything works nicely together) and his mods are mostly ESL.

Edited by Aylis_Temp
1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

@Aylis_Temp Oh, that is funny! While you were posting that I was running around sniping in Ryn's Karthspire. That is the only mod I have looked at from that MA so far, but it seems pretty impressive. And weirdly efficient for how stuff is going on.

I can only agree. What he does is incredible.

He even added a small destroyed village between Whiterun and the 'Halted Stream Camp'. Looks like the bandits there pillaged that location... And no gaps in the landscape. Which is why a lot of mods won't be added. This way we get a 'fresh' Skyrim with a lot of 'new' locations to rediscover. 

Btw. did you see any problems? If not i can add it without testing here.

Nah, I'm never mad about trying new mods, even if it means running DynDOLOD again. Going to try a new run now and see how everything looks. A lot of stuff was chopped from SE, but I like the new slimmed down design. I just wish DAR would hurry up and get updated to AE, that's the only thing I really miss about making the jump.

One thing I did notice is that I think 3BBB needs to be above OStim or Wrye complains (I know we're not using a bashed patch, but I still use it just to check plugin order).

Edit - Just realized there's no mention of which ENB to use in the spreadsheet. Did you settle on PI-CHO?

Edit 2 - No Display Tweaks? We're stuck at 60 FPS now.

Edited by wollboi
3 hours ago, Aylis_Temp said:

Btw. did you see any problems? If not i can add it without testing here.

Unfortunately, it was raining hard in game, and it was late. So I can't vouch 100% yet. But I also have a medium level computer and a LOT of NPC adding mods. Heck a lot of mods period. And it worked pretty well considering there was... a lot going on there!

And I agree completely with @wollboi  "Never mad about trying new mods"!

Release 'Skyrim AE for Beginners 0.9.1 (3BA/HIMBO/Seasons)'

I didn't expect to make another update so soon (i intended to wait for the grass cache mod). Well, once you see what this update accomplishes you'll understand why i had to change my plans and move this fast...

Release file:

SAE V0.9.1.ods

I also reworked, as promised, the section for DynDOLOD. The mini-guide is now completely included.

For those who already have created the mods for DynDOLOD:

You can keep most of the files from 'Step 1'. You only have to rerun 'Tamriel' (don't forget to activate the seasons) as this is the only part with changes. 

Sadly i can't do much about the other steps. Those have to be rerun. 

And don't forgeet to rerun LUX and LUX Orbis.  This will add patches for the new mods.

Edited by Aylis_Temp
36 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis_Temp Nah, I mean it crashes in the opening cell of ASLAL.

Hmmm, there isn't much in there. So it could be the lighting, something unusual to see in there? Or meshes. Same question again.

Last thing could be a mod with a MCM misfiring (i think there are around 22 starting up). After creation i usually stand still and wait 'til Odin (last one for me) has distributed his stuff.

Edited by Aylis_Temp

Hmm, so it's not ASLAL. That wouldn't make sense. It pretty reliably crashes when I've got everything disabled from Housing down. I see some people complaining about a conflict between the Skaal house mod and one of the snowing mods. Still investigating.

Edit - Think it was my bad. I'm running now. Now I get to rerun DynDOLOD, the national pastime.

Edited by wollboi

Couple things I really miss from the old list:

* Simply Reaistic Armor. The Default Stormcloak armor is fugly. (Or was that GAR?)

* So is Ralof. Any thoughts about using High Poly NPCs for characters that Pandorable doesn't cover?

Edited by wollboi
1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Couple things I really miss from the old list:

* Simply Reaistic Armor. The Default Stormcloak armor is fugly. (Or was that GAR?)

* So is Ralof. Any thoughts about using High Poly NPCs for characters that Pandorable doesn't cover?

Here are a couple Stormcloak armors I have been trying lately:

Stormcloak Warmaiden Armor (CBBE 3BA- HIMBO)

This MA has some others for bandits and the forsworn, if anyone cares for the style. Its ESLed. Its distributed to leveled lists (my SE self is still using Bash).

Sons of Skyrim

From NordwarUA. I used ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices to compact/ESL it. I think it is placed into the lists, too.

And this simple ESLed mod, Buyable Horse Armor, has various horse saddles you can buy at the stables, including a Stormcloak saddle. Its not new, but I have been trying to update horse stuff lately. and some of the other saddle/barding/armor mods are... we'll say, needing updates...

Edited by trgdolors

I'm about 50/50 adore/despise Phoenix Compendium:

- Maybe I'm spoiled by Elden Ring, but the sound of walking around in heavy armor is a step down. I miss the jingle-jangle I had before installing it.

- For some reason, my character's footsteps sound normal while jogging, but while walking sounds like a dinosaur after Thanksgiving dinner.

- Horses, please STFU. The noises they make are constant.

+/- Some of the menu sound effects are good, some aren't.

+ Holy hell this music is so good.

Something must be wrong with my build because I've had two crashes and floating lanterns. Still, everything looks fantastic.

Edit - Crashes every time I get near the door to the college. Think I'm done with Skyrim for a bit.

Edited by wollboi