Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

5 hours ago, jaeos said:

why would you need to remove mods? 200 is well below the limit for the hex address system. You can go up to 254 with the expansions. Not sure why you would want to merge mods if there is no need. 

I probably abit paranoid about the limit when it's quite close.
And I do want to ask that before I actually hit the limit so I can do something when that happen - x-);

But yea. Abt 50 more slot is quite long way to go if you put it that way. - w-);
I gonna try it out for the time being.

22 hours ago, safado said:

You can use xEdit and track what is overriding RoomCost [GLOB:0009CC98] in the Global formid section.  It is flagged constant, but an override can remove that and enable it to be modified in gameplay using scripts. 

I completely forgot I left this comment up. I realized I could do this almost immediately after posting haha. But thanks anyway, still good advice.

12 hours ago, jaeos said:

I would lay odds it's reputation. And @asdj1239has been a very naughty player.. might even be almost to the bad end of the spectrum if it's up to 45 from 10. 

It was HASTE SSE haha. Very innocent. As such, I do not appreciate the slander :(

16 hours ago, panda248 said:

now it reached around 200 mod limit (list in spoiler at the end of this comment. But you might not really need to look at it as it's quite almost the same as your list)

6 hours ago, panda248 said:

And I do want to ask that before I actually hit the limit so I can do something when that happen - x-);

Keep in mind that .esls and esl-flagged .esps will not count towards the 256 mod limit. So if your plugin list is at 200, you probably still have a lot of room left. If you use MO2, you can tell which mods are esl-flagged .esps because they will be in italics and have the yellow dot flag.

As far as which mods you can remove, as long as the mod isn't a requirement for another mod to work, you're safe to remove it. Again, MO2 and xEdit are very good for checking if one mod is required by another. Generally speaking, you probably don't want to be removing things from the categories Foundation, SKSE Extensions, UI, but there are also some important mods with a lot of dependencies in PC and in Animations, for example High Poly Head, XP32 Skeleton, and HDT-SMP. I'd say mods in the weapon and armor category are usually the safest to remove, just check you don't have any patches associated with them and if so remove them as well.

Edited by asdj1239

Hi everyone! Quick question on handling the night sky.

In this guide it seems that at the end of Foundation you should place "Rudy ENB Night Sky" that is "?Included in the optional files of 'Rudy ENB'". I assume that is from Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers. However; in the instructions in this guide for the Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers FOMOD (located in the Weather and Lighting section of this guide), it seems to say NOT to install the Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures. You can see the option when you open the Rudy FOMOD.

So, what do you use for night sky? I have liked vanilla so have not messed with it much, but now I am curious as to what I may be missing. Performance is a definitely a concern (what resolution is recommended?). I also don't like the nights to be too dark.

Edited by trgdolors
20 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Hi everyone! Quick question on handling the night sky.

In this guide it seems that at the end of Foundation you should place "Rudy ENB Night Sky" that is "?Included in the optional files of 'Rudy ENB'". I assume that is from Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers. However; in the instructions in this guide for the Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers FOMOD (located in the Weather and Lighting section of this guide), it seems to say NOT to install the Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures. You can see the option when you open the Rudy FOMOD.

So, what do you use for night sky? I have liked vanilla so have not messed with it much, but now I am curious as to what I may be missing. Performance is a definitely a concern. I also don't like the nights to be too dark.

I can't see where in the guide it says not to install rudy enb night sky?

13 hours ago, panda248 said:

But yea. Abt 50 more slot is quite long way to go if you put it that way. - w-);
I gonna try it out for the time being.

If you learn the requirement to make a mod esp ESL flag compatible (do not convert ESM), you can do, in theory, 2048 extra secondary index over the 253 primary index limit in SkyrimSE or AE. It will also lower the primary index usage.  Before anyone says the primary index is 254, the FE(254) index position is reserved as the join point for the ESL flagged mods index on SkyrimSE & Fallout 4 (because of the new Creation Engine 64 bits).   Hint: any esp that only has overrides of it masters (like patches that do not add content) is ESL compatible from the "get go", just enable the flag ESL in the header, no need for form44 if it is already form43. 

Edited by safado

Ah sorry guys this is frustrating me with Bodyslide. I set it to 3BBB amazing body in outfit /body and build a present based on greek goddess then batch build with build morphs ticked. I save the overwrite as a separate mod on MO2. This is wrong I know but I just can't get my head around what to do.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, nugget117 said:

Ah sorry guys this is frustrating me with Bodyslide. I set it to 3BBB amazing body in outfit /body and build a present based on greek goddess then batch build with build morphs ticked. I save the overwrite as a separate mod on MO2. This is wrong I know but I just can't get my head around what to do.

Thanks in advance.

What exactly isn't working?

edit: Also if this is your first time using bodyslide, I'd recommend not making any changes and just using presets as they are until you understand the program a little better.

Edited by asdj1239
12 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

I can't see where in the guide it says not to install rudy enb night sky?

Maybe I have it wrong, so someone please correct me, but If you install the file Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers ADDONS and REQUiRED Files from the Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers mod, and you follow Aylis' directions that I placed in the spoiler below, then "1.2.2 No" means "don't install Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures".

Spoiler

As usual first 'page' then 'option':

1.1    Automatic

1.2.1 No

1.2.2 No

1.2.3 (Optional) Your choice

1.2.4 No

1.2.5 No

1.2.6 Rudy ENB R.A.S.S. Fix

1.2.1 Rudy ENB Wonders of Weather Fix

1.3    Vanilla Normal Game

So, am I misunderstanding this? It wouldn't be the first time! How do others handle the night sky/skies?

Edit: If you already have the mod installed and you can't remember what the FOMOD looks like, you can safely view it by "reinstalling" the Cathedral mod in MO2, but just click Cancel instead of Install.

Edit 2: I do remember now that the Cathedral mod has changed some. Maybe the Guide's FOMOD directions are for an earlier version? Should I just enable the Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures" in that mod? Would that be better than another mod like perhaps 8K Night Skies - Stars and Galaxies - Cathedral Concept?

Edited by trgdolors
28 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Maybe I have it wrong, so someone please correct me, but If you install the file Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers ADDONS and REQUiRED Files from the Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers mod, and you follow Aylis' directions that I placed in the spoiler below, then "1.2.2 No" means "don't install Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures".

Hide contents

As usual first 'page' then 'option':

1.1    Automatic

1.2.1 No

1.2.2 No

1.2.3 (Optional) Your choice

1.2.4 No

1.2.5 No

1.2.6 Rudy ENB R.A.S.S. Fix

1.2.1 Rudy ENB Wonders of Weather Fix

1.3    Vanilla Normal Game

So, am I misunderstanding this? It wouldn't be the first time! How do others handle the night sky/skies?

Edit: If you already have the mod installed and you can't remember what the FOMOD looks like, you can safely view it by "reinstalling" the Cathedral mod in MO2, but just click Cancel instead of Install.

Edit 2: I do remember now that the Cathedral mod has changed some. Maybe the Guide's FOMOD directions are for an earlier version? Should I just enable the Rudy ENB Night Sky Textures" in that mod? Would that be better than another mod like perhaps 8K Night Skies - Stars and Galaxies - Cathedral Concept?

Ah now I understand where the confusion is. I haven't updated my mod list in a while, at least since rudy enb got a fomod.

I'd think that the fomod options Aylis listed are assuming you've already installed the Night Sky mod (at the correct spot!) in your mod list, and doesn't want you installing them again and potentially overwriting things that would otherwise be overwriting it. So you should open the Rudy Enb.rar, drag the night sky mod out and either zip it then install as you would any other mod, or create an empty mod and drag the contents of night sky in there (again, in the correct spot according to Aylis' list).

Edited by asdj1239

@panda248

Hi Panda248, welcome!

You are right to be paying attention to the ESM and ESP count, especially if you think you will add a bunch of mods later. ESL-ing mods is pretty easy and when you first do it pretty rewarding. You have to do the ESL flags before you have a mod in a save, though. ESL flagging the mod changes it, which is bad if it is already in your save. Either do them before a new game while you are building your load order, or do them as you install them. MANY of the mods on this list can be easily ESL flagged. Most people would tell you now that ESL flagging is preferred over merging mods.

A common resource is Ruddy88 ESLify. Most of us have used it. Lately I prefer this though - ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices. It checks to see if a mod can be safely compacted first, then ESLed. That second mod is a little more involved, but it can ESL quite a few more mods. Both need SSEEdit. It is surprising how many mods can be ESLed, but not all so you can get yourself in trouble. Probably start with the first mod I listed to begin and don't ESL any mods that also need compacting, but later move to the second mod when you have more experience.

@asdj1239 Thanks for replying! I miss some of the communications on this thread.

So I just reinstalled the mod and activated the night sky option, thus reinstalling it. I see that the textures that Rudy includes now are still the same ones from back in 2018. I had these installed in the past. They are good and I will use them for a while, but I will likely try another night sky mod eventually. Still open to opinions!

And what resolution should night sky textures be? 4k? 8K? I have a medium rig, and almost always choose 2k textures when I can for performance. Still on SE for now, but will eventually jump to AE.

16 hours ago, trgdolors said:

@panda248

Hi Panda248, welcome!

You are right to be paying attention to the ESM and ESP count, especially if you think you will add a bunch of mods later. ESL-ing mods is pretty easy and when you first do it pretty rewarding. You have to do the ESL flags before you have a mod in a save, though. ESL flagging the mod changes it, which is bad if it is already in your save. Either do them before a new game while you are building your load order, or do them as you install them. MANY of the mods on this list can be easily ESL flagged. Most people would tell you now that ESL flagging is preferred over merging mods.

A common resource is Ruddy88 ESLify. Most of us have used it. Lately I prefer this though - ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices. It checks to see if a mod can be safely compacted first, then ESLed. That second mod is a little more involved, but it can ESL quite a few more mods. Both need SSEEdit. It is surprising how many mods can be ESLed, but not all so you can get yourself in trouble. Probably start with the first mod I listed to begin and don't ESL any mods that also need compacting, but later move to the second mod when you have more experience.

Thank you for you and all other replies. I was wonder where to read about ESL-ified actually. This should help alot - x-)/
EDIT: remove stupid question I asked that I already knew what to do - -);

Edited by panda248
add some question
8 hours ago, killorkilled said:

Hey guys im having a problem and its annoying cause i literally cant play the game with this problem.

My problem is when i try to cast a spell any spell with my left hand its sometimes applys sometimes not but still decreases my magicka so if anyone can able to help me i appreciated thanks already everyone.

https://modwat.ch/u/alwaysandforever

So they work for a bit then quit visually and you still get the mana cost, but not the effect. If it works for a few casts after you change spells and then stops, then if you change spells again does it work again? i.e. thunderbolt doesn't cast, switch to sparks and spell works, switch back to thunderbolt and it works again. It's an engine problem with the mods, Not really a fix, The engine forgot what effect it's supposed to do is the easiest way to explain it. The value for effect is either wiped off the spell while it is in memory, or the effects list is corrupted while in memory, switching spells refreshes that and it just works again. until it doesn't.

I haven't modded skyrim in about a year, only to hear AE has made a lot of mods unplayable. So my question is: should I continue to wait while mods are still being updated, or should I try and mod skyrim "now" so I can play again?

Edited by theman123
1 hour ago, theman123 said:

I haven't modded skyrim in about a year, only to hear AE has made a lot of mods unplayable. So my question is: should I continue to wait while mods are still being updated, or should I try and mod skyrim so I can play again?

I think there is nothing essential left that has not been updated to AE yet, even some of the 'I WILL NEVA UPDATE TO AE' authors caved.

With this modlist specifically in mind it has not incorporated any changes yet so you have to do the work yourself, there are plenty of pointers around if you go back a few pages. Aylis itself is doing a modcation in FO4 so it might take another moment or two before the motivation to get back to skyrim is high enough.

@theman123 Yes, anyone jumping in now would have to decide whether to go SE or AE. Short answer: As of this date, it depends.

@alaunus01 (ever helpful) basically said everything I would say. An AE build is totally doable now, but this guide is still for SE. However; even if you try to follow this guide there have been many mod changes/updates that are not factored in. Guides only stay current for so long. An SE build based on this guide would include some extra work, though still achievable. I will probably do AE next when my huge house-of-cards current build collapses.

Aylis is wisely catching up on the FO4 guide while the smoke clears on the AE world. I think we are all excited to see what an AE guide would look like, but waiting will make it better and easier. Though I should also point out that Aylis is under no obligation to make that guide and should only do it at a time and place of their own choosing.

Edited by trgdolors

I know this great list is not for the latest SKSE, so just FYI: incompatible according to: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins are from section SKSE Extensions:
* Stay At The System Page [1] => The compatibility tracking lists as an alternative: https://github.com/Qudix/QUI-SKSE/releases
* Dynamic equipment manager

Probably not all, I followed the guide loosely. I had these mods installed, not interfering nor functional.

Oh boi, i was afk from modding for quite a while because i literally lost access to half the sites i used (thanks putin/rest of the world, really cool)

Now that i checked Nexus again, theres quite a TON of mods that use stuff that we do use here (Textures, JS stuff, 3D details) , but im a bit out of the loop, is the current Ver of the mod list the most "final" one? I know i can just shoe horn stuff that i want to work, but still

Fallout 4 mod list on the other hand seems to keep growing, hell yeah never got past the first 2 hours because it got boring, i can finally play it for real.

@Jessica_Degurechaff Glad you are OK. I was wondering...

Yes, this forum has slowed a little for now, understandably. This is still the current most up-to-date version of Aylis' guide. There are many new mods and updates to old ones. For small stuff, Yuri's Fyx mods come to mind. Sprint Swimming is kinda fun. Anyone else chime in here, but I am not sure any revolutionary mods like TDM have occurred since... you have been gone. Welcome back!

1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff Glad you are OK. I was wondering...

Yes, this forum has slowed a little for now, understandably. This is still the current most up-to-date version of Aylis' guide. There are many new mods and updates to old ones. For small stuff, Yuri's Fyx mods come to mind. Sprint Swimming is kinda fun. Anyone else chime in here, but I am not sure any revolutionary mods like TDM have occurred since... you have been gone. Welcome back!

I see i see, yeah after going thought a lot of nexus mods it seems that theres tons of small quality of life changes to small/minor stuff, but no true overhauls or game changers (besides Souls-like combat)
What does have huge changes is textures, but they are fairly easy to swap around so eh.
I havent checked LL mods since its harder to look around here (in comparison to Nexus thats it)

And thanks, had to move out from the country because i dont want to like in a north korea like place, so here i am

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff

Welcome to this thread, @wickedkat. I believe that is what the (approximately) 4th or 6th line from the top of the guide does:

Instructions how to roll back to the older version of Skyrim can be found >>here<<. But you have to find the right code of the last release.

You can also try the miniguide in post #8501

Then way down there is a line with a link:

"If your Skyrim updated automatically then you can Downgrade."

I did not notice an obvious direct link to the now well known Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher with the best-of-both-worlds option. Is that what you are referring to?