Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

3 hours ago, remodel said:

Thought I'd give everyone a heads up that the Bashed Patch overwrites the "Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim)" mod.  I had to go in and change it back for the mod.

Below is an example in SSEEdit.

Reveal hidden contents

2143250083_BashedPatchWaterOverwrite.jpg.d2a06a93b6af2df07fd1ed8c62ed2c19.jpg

My Bashed Patch also overwrote a couple of NPCs (charaters) facial features and gave them dark face.

I recommend everyone opens it up and double check it applies the fixes you want.

That is a normal occurrence and expected to happen sometimes. 

WryeBash was created originally for Oblivion, and it happened then too.  That it is why Wrye added the "BASH TAGS" feature, it is in the manual.

You need to read about bash tags. In the WryeBash manuals. 

You are not alone in this, the mod author also does not know about "BASH TAGS", or did not care.  I think most WryeBash users do not know about it. 

Possible.....

Solution 1: SCRIPT AUTO: Use the xEdit script "WryeBashTagGenerator" to detect and insert the tags.

• Open with xEdit the file "Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim).esp".  Only that esp and no other.  xEdit will automatically load dependencies. 
  • Press F12.  It autoload and run the script.
  • Click enable, "Write suggested tags to header"
  • Click Run.  Wait for it, is a "Plug and Pray" script. ?
  • If it works, the plug in will be highlighted as edited and will need to be saved.
  • The log messages will tell you what was detected and added.
  • Save and exit xEdit
  • Re-Run WryeBash

Solution 2:  MANUAL: Use xEdit and add the tags in the esp header SNAM record (description). 

• Open with xEdit the file "Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim).esp".  Only that esp and no other.  xEdit will automatically load dependencies. 
  • Insert this in the SNAM entry in the header:  {{BASH:C.Light,C.Location,C.Regions,C.Water}}
  • Save and exit xEdit
  • Re-Run WryeBash

Solution 3: MANUAL ALTERNATIVE: Create a text file in the "\Data\BashTags" folder with the tags as content. 

• Open with Windows explorer the folder (Skyrim game)\DATA\BashTags\".  If not found, create it.
  • Create the text file with the name "Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim).txt" in that folder.
  • Add the text to it:
    C.Light,C.Location,C.Regions,C.Water
  • Save
  • Re-Run WryeBash

Try it with your other overrides plugins not being prioritized by WryeBash or MatorSmash.   Try the auto script first. The script may be "overzealous" and add more tags than needed.  Take a look at the recreated bash to confirm.

Do not insert "Bash Tags" to every mod, it only needed in the special case that the mod you preferred to be dominant loses the conflict resolution used by WryeBash.

Like patch's fixes being rolled back by many other mods after it, and WryeBash also do not import the change. (mod authors do not use Unofficial Patch for some reason)

Good Luck

Edited by safado

@Aylis I know the list is on hiatus because of AE, but the steps for the Skyland AIO FOMOD are really different now. May want to put a version number indicator by it now. Version 2.1 from back in October is still available. Don't know what the last version that was applicable to the FOMOD steps was.

Anyhow...I recently redid my Skyrim SE to update it to the latest non AE version.   Everything is going fine except for one minor detail..there's not alot of boob or butt bounce despite the fact that I have CBPC and Collisions installed on the SKSE64 2.0.20 build. 

The funny thing is that I saw far more jiggle (and swingingly) with a 60 Mhz Dell 2440x1440 monitor than with a Acer Predator 144 Mhz 2440x1440 monitor....the jiggle is reduced to a mild rapid and brief bobble of boobs and butt.  I'm at loss at how to fix that.  

The thing is, the jiggling and swinging was on full blast with the older and outdated Skyrim SE install I had . (SKSE64 2.00.12 version) with both monitors.  (both Dell and Acer on the same main computer) and used CBPC physics.

Edited by Celedhring

@wollboi

Can't do much atm. The site is totally bugging out for me.

Editing big posts takes so long that i get a 'can't be edited anymore'. Just adding a small screenshot takes 4-6 attempts, bigger files can't be uploaded (and i got a few updated files here). And it takes a minute (or two) to just open a notification or refresh the page...

I'm getting a ton of errors from the Mod Torch Remover whenever a public sex animation occurs during the night.   I'm deactivating it for a test run to see if my papyrus log calms down.  Game doesn't crash but the script load can't be good.

Has anyone else seen this happen with this mod before?

Small Error Example: (some of them repeat far longer)

[04/12/2022 - 10:26:41AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Ailith]  - PlayMoan:True; UseLipSync:TRUE; OpenMouth:False
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:41AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Hellina the White]  - PlayMoan:True; UseLipSync:TRUE; OpenMouth:False
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:41AM] error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (A1002FA3)].Actor.RemoveItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 72
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:42AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Ailith]  - Expression[Joy] BaseVoiceDelay[4.000000] ExpressionDelay[8.000000] LoopExpressionDelay[8.926026] 
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:43AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Ailith]  - Expression.Applied(Joy) Strength:8; OpenMouth:False
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:43AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (A103E67D)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
    [Active effect 1 on  (A103E67D)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:43AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp9"
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (A103E67D)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
    [Active effect 1 on  (A103E67D)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:43AM] error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (A103E67D)].Actor.RemoveItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (A103E67D)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 72
[04/12/2022 - 10:26:44AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] Found 6 arousedActors
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (15083137)>]: Grommok Gro-Luzgan got 2 exposure for  watching sex of Ailith
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (A103E67A)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
    [Active effect 2 on  (A103E67A)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp9"
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (A103E67A)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
    [Active effect 2 on  (A103E67A)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Ailith]  - Expression[Pleasure] BaseVoiceDelay[4.000000] ExpressionDelay[8.000000] LoopExpressionDelay[8.788101] 
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:06AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (15083137)>]: Anoriath got 3 exposure for  watching sex of Ailith
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:07AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (15083137)>]: Fralia Gray-Mane got 1 exposure for  watching sex of Ailith
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:07AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Ailith]  - Expression.Applied(Pleasure) Strength:21; OpenMouth:False
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:08AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.OnUpdate() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 22
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:08AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp9"
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 70
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:08AM] error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (A103E67A)].Actor.RemoveItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 2 on  (A103E67A)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 72
[04/12/2022 - 10:27:08AM] error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (A1002FA3)].Actor.RemoveItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 2 on  (A1002FA3)].TorchRemoverScript.TorchRemover() - "TorchRemoverScript.psc" Line 72

I think what's happening is one guard is having sex and the script doesn't know what to do.  I don't know if everything is really flagged as unequipped during a scene.

Not sure if I care when two guards carry torches together.

Edited by remodel
On 4/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, Aylis said:

@wollboi

Editing big posts takes so long that i get a 'can't be edited anymore'. Just adding a small screenshot takes 4-6 attempts, bigger files can't be uploaded (and i got a few updated files here). And it takes a minute (or two) to just open a notification or refresh the page...

Looks like Ashal finally found the reason for that. One of the fileservers on the way to say byebye.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:31 AM, Aylis said:

@wollboi

New thread then? Would be fitting given the AE release mucking everything up.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, safado said:

That is a normal occurrence and expected to happen sometimes. 

WryeBash was created originally for Oblivion, and it happened then too.  That it is why Wrye added the "BASH TAGS" feature, it is in the manual.

You need to read about bash tags. In the WryeBash manuals. 

You are not alone in this, the mod author also does not know about "BASH TAGS", or did not care.  I think most WryeBash users do not know about it. 

Excellent write-up @safado

Not sure if the newest Xedit ships with the latest version fireundub 's tag suggestion script but you can grab it here.

One thing that could help a bit with the untagged mod problem is to contribute what you find to the community.   Lots of folks have been contributing Bash Tags in the LOOT thread (last 10 or so pages) over at AFKMods if you feel like sharing.

The Sisterhood of Dibella seems to have a new converted update, located here: 

also on that note I've tried it with JK Skyrim the navmesh conflict isn't nothing to worry about,

but both JK Temple of Divines, and JK Temple of Dibella conflict, I believe a patch could be made all you have to do is move 15-20 objects around.

JK Temple of Divines would probably be easist, JK Temple of Dibella would be harder in terms of the most objects.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, trgdolors said:

I am looking at the Skyland AIO update to 3.0. It claims:

"Mountains - 3 color options including MM compatibility (All New)"

Then in the comments Skyking says to put Skyland AFTER MM. In this guide Majestic Mountains is installed after Skyland. Does anyone have some insight on how to install the latest Skyland?

Thanks!

After installing Majestic Mountains, just install Granite Mountains from the Nexus. 

On 4/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, ARsparx said:

After installing Majestic Mountains, just install Granite Mountains from the Nexus. 

Regarding updating Skyland AIO v2.1 to v3.0, I see that in that mod's discussion page, Skyking2020 still plans to do some kind of update that will address some mountain issues. I see that the mod is compatible with Majestic, but Skyking seems to prefer their own Granite Mountains, which is also recently updated. I will wait for the pending hinted at Skyland AIO update before updating from Skyland AIO 2.1 and deciding mod order (MO2 left side), and whether to also install Granite Mountains. I have always only used Majestic.

Still open to other opinions... Granite? Mod order? Thanks!

2 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Regarding updating Skyland AIO v2.1 to v3.0, I see that in that mod's discussion page, Skyking2020 still plans to do some kind of update that will address some mountain issues. I see that the mod is compatible with Majestic, but Skyking seems to prefer their own Granite Mountains, which is also recently updated. I will wait for the pending hinted at Skyland AIO update before updating from Skyland AIO 2.1 and deciding mod order (MO2 left side), and whether to also install Granite Mountains. I have always only used Majestic.

Still open to other opinions... Granite? Mod order? Thanks!

If Majestic Mountains is overwriting Skyland AIO, all the the mountain files from Skyland AIO are going to be ovewritten by Majestic Mountains. I think I misunderstood what you wanted. If you want to stick to what this guide recommends, then select any of the mountain options from the Skyland AIO fomod, then continue onward with the list. Nothing needs to change in regards to the mountains, because the mountains from Skyland are redundant.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:31 AM, Aylis said:

@wollboi

Time for a new post? Be honest, is it going to happen or nah?

Edited by ARsparx
3 hours ago, ARsparx said:

Time for a new post? Be honest, is it going to happen or nah?

No ETA.

I'm only one person doing all this and i can't work on two things at the same time. The last few days i've been typind and editing for 6-8 hours to get a mod to work. So nagging about updates doesn't help at all!

On 4/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, Aylis said:

No ETA.

I'm only one person doing all this and i can't work on two things at the same time. The last few days i've been typind and editing for 6-8 hours to get a mod to work. So nagging about updates doesn't help at all!

Apologies, that definitely came off as being rude and I didn't mean for it to! 

Happy to help where I can if you would like some extra eyes. I'm been on AE since release and have a pretty good idea of what works. 

6 hours ago, ARsparx said:

[...] a pretty good idea of what works. 

We already know that you can make it work with AE. However it is quite a difference between making it work for a single install and making sure it you can install it the same way tomorrow too. And the day after that etc etc etc.
Now remember that the months leading up to AE already were 'interesting' (i.e. the nexus fuss with mods flickin out of existance and back on a daily basis) I can understand someone wanting to take a break until the modspace reaches at least the pretence of equilibrium. I still believe at some point one of the bigger must have mods will flip to require AE-DLC and then it will cascade down.

21 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

We already know that you can make it work with AE. However it is quite a difference between making it work for a single install and making sure it you can install it the same way tomorrow too. And the day after that etc etc etc.
Now remember that the months leading up to AE already were 'interesting' (i.e. the nexus fuss with mods flickin out of existance and back on a daily basis) I can understand someone wanting to take a break until the modspace reaches at least the pretence of equilibrium. I still believe at some point one of the bigger must have mods will flip to require AE-DLC and then it will cascade down.

and don't forget, most of the authors do it just to do it, it's not a job to them. But when people start treating you like a drone in a cubicle to churn out the mods.. well.. i can see why some are dragging along and not converting it over.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:01 AM, alaunus01 said:

I was simply asking if there was going to be a new post or if this post was going to be updated and it was taken the wrong way. Perhaps I said it the wrong way. 

Holy shit, upgrade mods from SE to AE is more of a bitch than I thought. When I believe I cover every CC's conflict could throw at me, I am proved to be terribly wrong.

My suggestion: trim down the mod list to the bare minimum of mods that adds things to worldspace, ie town mods, building overhaul mods, custom player home mods. For the mods that you insist to keep, read the comment sections, there could be old sticky posts about compatibility patch or link to one.

Also use this link https://srmap.uesp.net/ to see if the mods place somethings that conflict with existing CC.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:10 PM, remodel said:

I'm getting a ton of errors from the Mod Torch Remover whenever a public sex animation occurs during the night.   I'm deactivating it for a test run to see if my papyrus log calms down.  Game doesn't crash but the script load can't be good.

Removing the mod "Torch Remover" has removed a lot of my repeating papyrus log errors.  I'm also getting far fewer random CTD's that came from faulty animation loads; this was a nice surprise.  My frame rates also remain more stable.

I recommend removing this mod if you are seeing repeating errors from it in the papyrus log.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, akadeadpool said:

Holy shit, upgrade mods from SE to AE is more of a bitch than I thought. When I believe I cover every CC's conflict could throw at me, I am proved to be terribly wrong.

My suggestion: trim down the mod list to the bare minimum of mods that adds things to worldspace, ie town mods, building overhaul mods, custom player home mods. For the mods that you insist to keep, read the comment sections, there could be old sticky posts about compatibility patch or link to one.

Also use this link https://srmap.uesp.net/ to see if the mods place somethings that conflict with existing CC.

Have you tried the unofficial skyrim creation club content patch? Like USSEP, it fixes a bunch of bugs related to CC content.