Yeah I'm still having trouble.

Β 

I fucked up and broke real cuffs when trying to remove the replacer meshes, "oh well" I thought and I decided just do reinstall the game and everything else. Unfortunately even after reinstalling the game, reinstalling bodyslide and installing the absolute minimum mods to get real handcuffs to work.. they're still getting replaced with the rope in a new game.

Β 

So how can I do a proper clean install of bodyslide or whatever I need to do to permanently get rid of the rope meshes?

30 minutes ago, User55487197 said:

Yeah I'm still having trouble.

Β 

I fucked up and broke real cuffs when trying to remove the replacer meshes, "oh well" I thought and I decided just do reinstall the game and everything else. Unfortunately even after reinstalling the game, reinstalling bodyslide and installing the absolute minimum mods to get real handcuffs to work.. they're still getting replaced with the rope in a new game.

Β 

So how can I do a proper clean install of bodyslide or whatever I need to do to permanently get rid of the rope meshes?

Β 

You shouldn't have to reinstall anything, just delete the Data\Meshes\RealHandcuffs folder and they'll be gone.

20 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

You shouldn't have to reinstall anything, just delete the Data\Meshes\RealHandcuffs folder and they'll be gone.

Fuck, I get it now. I had to go into steamapps>common>fallout4>data>meshes and delete the realcuffs folder there, now the handcuffs aren't being replaced by rope. I feel like a idiot now but atleast the problem is solved, thanks!

Β 

Well, time to start modding the shit out of fallout again lol

Β 

Β 

@KharosΒ 

Β 

Hi. Do you have a guide on how to implement my own mesh (a collar) with the properties of a shock collar?Β I basically made a new entry in ARMOR with the same "RH_CraftedShockCollarMarkThree" properties. Keywords, ap, scripts properties.Β I also made another entry as "RH_ShockCollar"; with its keywords, properties, because I needed it to link it in the properties of the first one.Β  Everything works if I equip it manually. The collar has firmware, can electrocute, etc.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

But I have a very basic understanding of scripting, if I try to equip it through PlayerREF.EquipItem(MyCollar), the collar gets equipped, immediately unequipped and goes to my inventory.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Photo89.png.631c977c1d8cfd23b4e0c0c52bc95c57.png

Edited by JB.
7 hours ago, JB. said:

@KharosΒ 

Β 

Hi. Do you have a guide on how to implement my own mesh (a collar) with the properties of a shock collar?Β I basically made a new entry in ARMOR with the same "RH_CraftedShockCollarMarkThree" properties. Keywords, ap, scripts properties.Β I also made another entry as "RH_ShockCollar"; with its keywords, properties, because I needed it to link it in the properties of the first one.Β  Everything works if I equip it manually. The collar has firmware, can electrocute, etc.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

But I have a very basic understanding of scripting, if I try to equip it through PlayerREF.EquipItem(MyCollar), the collar gets equipped, immediately unequipped and goes to my inventory.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Photo89.png.631c977c1d8cfd23b4e0c0c52bc95c57.png

As you can see in the previous page, RH uses "EquipRestraintUsingDefaultSettings(ObjectReference restraint, Actor target, Int flags = 0)" and it only works on objectReference (not inventory Items). I'm sure Kharos can help you but maybe you can use an armor modΒ instead of a new scripted Object (less headacheΒ ?).
Β 

ObjectMod NewCollarMod

Event OnItemEquipped(Form akBaseObject, ObjectReference akReference)
	targetActor.AttachModToInventoryItem(akBaseObject, NewCollarMod) ;according to the wiki, it will cause actor to reload it's 3d 
EndEvent

;OR

If items[index] == Collar
	targetActor.AttachModToInventoryItem(items[index], NewCollarMod)
Endif

Β 

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=AttachModToInventoryItem_-_ObjectReference

Edited by lee3310

Ok, I finally got it.Β 

Β 

Basically it boils down to:Β 

Β 

1-Create a new collar with all the properties of a RH collar. (Corvega_Collar)

2-Create a new dummy of that collar and link it in the properties of the new collar. (Corvega_Collar_Dummy)

Β 

Test Script

Β 

Function Test()

ObjectReference restraint = PlayerREF.PlaceAtMe(Corvega_Collar, 1, false, true, false)

RHthirdPartyApi.SetThrobbingShockModule(restraint)
	RHthirdPartyApi.SetMarkThreeFirmware(restraint)
	;RHthirdPartyApi.SetExplosiveModule(restraint)

Var[] dkArgs = new Var[3]
	dkArgs[0] = restraint
	dkArgs[1] = PlayerREF
	dkArgs[2] = 4 ;silent
	RHthirdPartyApi.CallFunction("EquipRestraintUsingDefaultSettings", dkArgs)

EndFunction

Β 

Β 

Edited by JB.
5 hours ago, JB. said:

Ok, I finally got it.Β 

Β 

Basically it boils down to:Β 

Β 

1-Create a new collar with all the properties of a RH collar. (Corvega_Collar)

2-Create a new dummy of that collar and link it in the properties of the new collar. (Corvega_Collar_Dummy)

Β 

Test Script

Β 

Function Test()

ObjectReference restraint = PlayerREF.PlaceAtMe(Corvega_Collar, 1, false, true, false)

;RHthirdPartyApi.SetExplosiveModule(restraint)

Var[] dkArgs = new Var[3]
	dkArgs[0] = restraint
	dkArgs[1] = PlayerREF
	dkArgs[2] = 4 ;silent
	RHthirdPartyApi.CallFunction("EquipRestraintUsingDefaultSettings", dkArgs)

EndFunction

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

The dummy collar is used as a replacement in some situations. For example when you barter with a trader the mod will temporarily remove the collar if it is equipped (to prevent you from selling it) and instead equip the dummy collar (so if you are playing in third person view it still looks like you are wearing the collar). So yeah, if you have a new collar with a different 3D model, you should also create a new dummy collar with the same 3D model.

Β 

Just using EquipItem is dangerous because then the mod has to guess what happened - did the player equip it manually, or did another mod equip the collar? Because of that I suggest that you use one of the special functions instead. The ThirdPartyApi functions should work well. Note that they were originally designed for mods that are using RealHandcuffs as a soft dependency, that's the reason why the examples are using CallFunction and Var[]. That is not necessary here as you will have a hard dependency on my mod, so you can just use regular function calls instead:

Β 

RHthirdPartyApi.EquipRestraintUsingDefaultSettings(restraint, PlayerREF, RHthirdPartyApi.FlagAddRemoveObjectsSilently)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Kharos

My character got bound in handcuffs (and, checking in the console, they are real handcuff handcuffs).Β  The scene where they were equipped also had an npc greet coincidentally go off from a non-scene npc.

Β 

However, the animation has my character's hands in front in a combat ready position, like I have knuckles equipped (and sometimes to the side, with the handcuffs looking broken) where messages indicate that my hands should be bound behind my back.

Β 

Is this my goof? Or is this "normal" some of the time?

Edited by sen4mi
17 hours ago, sen4mi said:

My character got bound in handcuffs (and, checking in the console, they are real handcuff handcuffs).Β  The scene where they were equipped also had an npc greet coincidentally go off from a non-scene npc.

Β 

However, the animation has my character's hands in front in a combat ready position, like I have knuckles equipped (and sometimes to the side, with the handcuffs looking broken) where messages indicate that my hands should be bound behind my back.

Β 

Is this my goof? Or is this "normal" some of the time?

Β 

No, not normal. Either something is not correctly installed, or there was some kind of error in the scene.

49 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Β 

No, not normal. Either something is not correctly installed, or there was some kind of error in the scene.

Hmm... ok, thanks.

Β 

Is there a way of manually forcing the right animation (something short of going into the mcm debug section and tossing the cuffs)?

1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

Hmm... ok, thanks.

Β 

Is there a way of manually forcing the right animation (something short of going into the mcm debug section and tossing the cuffs)?

I didn't understand your problem exactly so i will just say that some aggressive animations (like Leito's) add handcuffs to actors as a prop (nothing to do with Real Handcuffs)

If I remember correctly, I was getting a Real Handcuffs dialog when I tried to remove the handcuffs.

Β 

But I could not get them to go behind my character's back, so presumably something was missing.Β 

Β 

So mostly I was looking for a way of "salvaging" the situation. (And I was hoping that maybe I would learn something which might help me isolate the cause of a problem like this if it should recur.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 1:03 AM, sen4mi said:

If I remember correctly, I was getting a Real Handcuffs dialog when I tried to remove the handcuffs.

Β 

But I could not get them to go behind my character's back, so presumably something was missing.Β 

Β 

So mostly I was looking for a way of "salvaging" the situation. (And I was hoping that maybe I would learn something which might help me isolate the cause of a problem like this if it should recur.)

Β 

I am having the same (at least that's what I believe) issue.
After getting hand-cuffed during a Sexual Harrasment Scene, my heroine is wearing handcuffs, but they seem to be broken.
She's wearing half of it on each wrist.

She's able to move normally. She can equip weapons and aim and fire and such. And she can freely move when AAF Scenes are playing.
However, the handcuffs are recognized by NPC (like when talking to them in "Boston Devious Helper" mode) and also when using the "Willpower unlocking"-feature from Sexual Attributes.
So, all is working except for the Real Handcuffs aren't really handcuffing my heroine :D

Β 

I have them installed together with the RC8 version of devious devices.

Could that be the issue?

Β 

The weird thing is:
This is only happening after I re-installed Fallout 4 from scratch. With the old installation with all kinds of mods Real Handcuffs worked perfectly fine.
I have now the almost exact same load order as before (except that I don't have some Nexus Story Mods installed yet)

Β 

I'd appreciate a lot If anyone could point me to a direction where to check for the culprit.

(my heroine not so much :D :D )

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by JonX67
4 hours ago, JonX67 said:

Β 

After getting hand-cuffed during a Sexual Harrasment Scene, my heroine is wearing handcuffs, but they seem to be broken.

She's able to move normally. She can equip weapons and aim and fire and such. And she can freely move when AAF Scenes are playing.
However, the handcuffs are recognized by NPC (like when talking to them in "Boston Devious Helper" mode) and also when using the "Willpower unlocking"-feature from Sexual Attributes.
So, all is working except for the Real Handcuffs aren't really handcuffing my heroine :D

Β 

Β 

This is actually different from my experience.

Β 

In my case, "my" hands were bound, but they were bound "in front" in a "combat ready position" despite text saying they were bound "behind".Β  And, attempting to bring up pipboy brought up a real handcuffs popup. Combat was not possible for "me".

Β 

For me, it was "just the animation" which was messed up.

Β 

(I am not ready to place the blame on the real handcuffs mod, because I do not know how to isolate that kind of thing. But asking here seemed likely to be informative. Figuring out what questions to ask, and figuring out what I would need to inspect seems to be the difficult parts. In related news, I have not figured out how to list the keywords on an actor.)

59 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

"in front" in a "combat ready position"

This is caused by a not holstering the weapon before binding the hands. Devious Devices is really bad at that, I've personally never seen RH have that issue.. but ay never know.

You should be able to run the following command to fix the problem.

playidle raidersheath

Β 

59 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

I have not figured out how to list the keywords on an actor

You need a script, asking @EgoBallistic would be your best bet.

Edited by izzyknows
sperlin
5 hours ago, JonX67 said:

I've seen Letio's aggressive animations cause this, but is very rare. They basically equip a broken pair that work as bracelets that need picked to remove. Just like cutting them at a workbench.

6 hours ago, JonX67 said:

Β 

Β 

I have them installed together with the RC8 version of devious devices.

Could that be the issue?

Β 

The weird thing is:
This is only happening after I re-installed Fallout 4 from scratch. With the old installation with all kinds of mods Real Handcuffs worked perfectly fine.
I have now the almost exact same load order as before (except that I don't have some Nexus Story Mods installed yet)

Β 

I'd appreciate a lot If anyone could point me to a direction where to check for the culprit.

(my heroine not so much :D :D )

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just to be sure: If you open your inventory, what is the exact name of the handcuffs that you are wearing? I am asking because this mod also supports "broken" handcuffs that are worn like bracelets, it's what you end with when you use a workbench to cut the chain. I don't think that Sexual Harassment equips broken handcuffs, but check to be sure.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

This is caused by a not holstering the weapon before binding the hands. Devious Devices is really bad at that, I've personally never seen RH have that issue.. but ay never know.

You should be able to run the following command to fix the problem.

playidle raidersheath

Β 

Β 

Yeah, RealHandcuffs will try to force third-person view and then try to force holster the weapon when equipping handcuffs. This is necessary for the animation to be applied correctly. It is possible that this could fail, especially if you keep mashing buttons during this process.

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:
4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I have not figured out how to list the keywords on an actor

Β 

I'm not aware of a way to get all the keywords on an Actor.Β  You can call GetKeywords() on a base form, but that won't give you any keywords that were added to the reference.

Β 

Keyword[] actorKeywords = akActor.GetKeywords() ; will produce an empty array

Keyword[] actorBaseKeywords = akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetKeywords() ; will populate the array with all the keywords on the actor base.

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I've seen Letio's aggressive animations cause this, but is very rare. They basically equip a broken pair that work as bracelets that need picked to remove. Just like cutting them at a workbench.

Β 

I've heard about this.
But it happens literally every time Handcuffs are equipped by Sexual Harrassment.
Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

Β 

Just to be sure: If you open your inventory, what is the exact name of the handcuffs that you are wearing? I am asking because this mod also supports "broken" handcuffs that are worn like bracelets, it's what you end with when you use a workbench to cut the chain. I don't think that Sexual Harassment equips broken handcuffs, but check to be sure.

Β 

I've had that idea too, but their name is "Real Handcuffs". Nothing like "broken" in their name.

Β 

And Sexual Attribute's Willpower Escape function tells me that I first have to remove these handcuffs before I'd be able to remove any device via willpower.
So, they seem to be registered correctly,.... partly, at least.

Β 

I'll check whether I'm able to spawn handcuffs using the console (or build some?) and see how they look and work.

3 hours ago, Balw2 said:

I installed the mod but whenever when i start the game it immediately crashes is there any work around this?

Β 

It shouldn't normally crash, so something's wrong with your setup. I'm not sure I'd classify solving that as a "work around." Things to double-check: you have all the listed requirements and they're installed correctly, you've checked all relevant logs for obvious errors, you're not running outdated versions of the game engine or F4SE, you're not using a pirated copy of the game, nothing else is overwriting files from this mod...

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

It shouldn't normally crash, so something's wrong with your setup. I'm not sure I'd classify solving that as a "work around." Things to double-check: you have all the listed requirements and they're installed correctly, you've checked all relevant logs for obvious errors, you're not running outdated versions of the game engine or F4SE, you're not using a pirated copy of the game, nothing else is overwriting files from this mod...

dont worry i got it all situated i guess I had to buy the season pass for the dlcs to get it to workΒ 

11 hours ago, Balw2 said:

dont worry i got it all situated i guess I had to buy the season pass for the dlcs to get it to workΒ 

Β 

These days many mod authors assume everyone has all the DLCs and may not even think to list them as a requirement. I don't think Real Handcuffs actually requires any of the DLCs, but probably something else you installed around the same time did.