5 hours ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

im having an issue where the explosive collar explodes but the head doesn't come off and it only effects the pc and it works fine with no issues on npc

i had this problem before and it was fixed when i disabled devious devices, could it be because of face override? if so is there a patch to make it compatible?

the collar on commonwealth slavers mod seems to be working fine but this one doesn't

I have no idea what causes the head to not come off, sorry.

2 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Is there a way to set it so that only the regular handcuffs are used, and not the hinged ones?

I am not sure what you are talking about. This mod only provides the hardware (handcuffs, collars) and distributes it in the world (traders etc), it does not apply it to the players or to NPCs. If you don't like the hinged handcuffs then just don't buy them/use them, or convert them to regular ones at the armor workbench?

9 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Is there a way to set it so that only the regular handcuffs are used, and not the hinged ones?

If you're using Violate, it has a slider for the hinged handcuffs. Otherwise look at what mods you have that has RH integration and go from there.

10 hours ago, Kharos said:

I am not sure what you are talking about. This mod only provides the hardware (handcuffs, collars) and distributes it in the world (traders etc), it does not apply it to the players or to NPCs. If you don't like the hinged handcuffs then just don't buy them/use them, or convert them to regular ones at the armor workbench?

I was hoping that there was a third party mod like Rogg DD Item Manager that does this for Devious Devices. I guess there isn't.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

If you're using Violate, it has a slider for the hinged handcuffs. Otherwise look at what mods you have that has RH integration and go from there.

I'm using Violate and Sexual Harassment. I suppose, without a third party mod like Rogg DD Manager, it's up to mods that use Real Handcuffs to provide this function. I noticed that Violate allows us to select the chance of getting a Hinged Handcuff. Since SH doesn't do this, I guess I'll have to disable the Real Handcuffs integration on that mod.

ok i disabled each and every single mod i had except real handcuffs and tried it again and the head still doesn't explode/come off for player so its definitely an issue with the mod itself or the game's data/save files, any idea what might cause it? maybe something with fallout4.ini? or f4se?

Edited by nonofyodambiznes
6 hours ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

ok i disabled each and every single mod i had except real handcuffs and tried it again and the head still doesn't explode/come off for player so its definitely an issue with the mod itself or the game's data/save files, any idea what might cause it? maybe something with fallout4.ini? or f4se?

Are you sure you're using a dismemberable body for the player? For example, normal Fusion Girl doesn't support dismemberment.

1 hour ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

im using cbbe but i tried it without cbbe and it didn't work on vanilla either, works fine on npc's tho and they have cbbe too

Yep, I just did some testing, it works on both male and female NPCs but not on my (male) character. I will take a look about what broke it.

On 1/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, nonofyodambiznes said:

im using cbbe but i tried it without cbbe and it didn't work on vanilla either, works fine on npc's tho and they have cbbe too

You can test the attached (pre-release) version, please tell me if it fixes the issue.

Tentative changelog (some of these changes have been sitting on my ssd for some time):

Version 0.4.15
==============
tweaks
- update LL FourPlay plugin to v42
- switch to slot 58 for better compatibility with devious devices
- make keeping the slot the default option in the installer
- try to fix power armor helmets being unequipped automatically because of worn collars
- try to fix explosive collar not dismembering player

Edited by Kharos
deleted binary, it's now an official release
5 hours ago, Kharos said:

You can test the attached (pre-release) version, please tell me if it fixes the issue.

Tentative changelog (some of these changes have been sitting on my ssd for some time):

Version 0.4.15
==============
tweaks
- update LL FourPlay plugin to v42
- try to fix power armor helmets being unequipped automatically because of worn collars
- try to fix explosive collar not dismembering player

RealHandcuffs.0.4.15.7z 3.73 MB · 1 download

ok that fixed it, thanks!

although one thing i wanna point out is character still makes the AHHHH scream of death sound after being decapitated which she wouldn't be able to do so maybe disable the dying sound to match the mod?

Edited by nonofyodambiznes
1 hour ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

ok that fixed it, thanks!

although one thing i wanna point out is character still makes the AHHHH scream of death sound after being decapitated which she wouldn't be able to do so maybe disable the dying sound to match the mod?

Yeah, I noted that too and wondered how they are able to scream ?.

I don't know how to disable the scream unfortunately... the game does that automatically when I kill a character.

Edited by Kharos
more details (game does it automatically)
On 1/8/2023 at 1:22 PM, Kharos said:

Yeah, I noted that too and wondered how they are able to scream ?.

I don't know how to disable the scream unfortunately... the game does that automatically when I kill a character.

Maybe someday, there will be something like a Dynamic Animation Replacer, but for sound; a Dynamic Audio Replacer if you will. It would dynamically replace certain sound effects based on certain conditions. For instance, having exploding collar equipped replaces the death scream sounds with silent versions, but I wouldn't know how to set up the condition for when the collar actually explodes. Even if I did, this is all speculation, soo...

10 hours ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

Maybe someday, there will be something like a Dynamic Animation Replacer, but for sound; a Dynamic Audio Replacer if you will. It would dynamically replace certain sound effects based on certain conditions. For instance, having exploding collar equipped replaces the death scream sounds with silent versions, but I wouldn't know how to set up the condition for when the collar actually explodes. Even if I did, this is all speculation, soo...

The best thing would be able to install "filters" that modify the voice of an actor (like post-processing). It would allow for things like hollow sounding voice under heavy metal helmets, noise and "flat" sound when talking over intercom, silence or moans for gags, etc.

Maybe they do something like that for Starfield for space suits, communicators and stuff (yeah I am probably expecting too much ?).

13 hours ago, Kharos said:

The best thing would be able to install "filters" that modify the voice of an actor (like post-processing). It would allow for things like hollow sounding voice under heavy metal helmets, noise and "flat" sound when talking over intercom, silence or moans for gags, etc.

Maybe they do something like that for Starfield for space suits, communicators and stuff (yeah I am probably expecting too much ?).

I'm pretty sure that filters are a thing that exists for Fo4. The power armor uses them, as do certain helmets. Knowledge on how to make a filter would still be a requirement.

3 hours ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

I'm pretty sure that filters are a thing that exists for Fo4. The power armor uses them, as do certain helmets. Knowledge on how to make a filter would still be a requirement.

It's a flag in the armor addon (a checkbox Modulates Voice). It looks like this is a single filter that can be turned on/off and is baked into the game engine - I am not aware of a way to add custom filters.

Thanks for this mod!   In many ways, your mod does a better job than Devious Devices does for limiting a handcuffed PC's actions.

In the change log, you mention "Switch to slot 58 for better compatibility with devious devices. "   I don't think I'd phrase it like that.   The installer option to use the same 37/38 slots as DD cuffs seems more compatible to me - there's not much point in wearing two sets of cuffs or both cuffs and an armbinder.   I guess I'd state it as "changed the installer's slots option to now default to using slot 58 instead of defaulting to use DD slots".

Edited by Arcane Wanderer
1 hour ago, Arcane Wanderer said:

Thanks for this mod!   In many ways, your mod does a better job than Devious Devices does for limiting a handcuffed PC's actions.

In the change log, you mention "Switch to slot 58 for better compatibility with devious devices. "   I don't think I'd phrase it like that.   The installer option to use the same 37/38 slots as DD cuffs seems more compatible to me - there's not much point in wearing two sets of cuffs or both cuffs and an armbinder.   I guess I'd state it as "changed the installer's slots option to now default to using slot 58 instead of defaulting to use DD slots".

These are two different things, and there are two items in the changelog about it:

The "devious devices slot" installer option uses slot 37/38 for handcuffs, just like DD wrist cuffs. While this is in very much compatible with DD, it collides with a lot of armor/clothing. For this reason I am using the "standard slot" option myself (and I suspect others are in the same boat).

I changed the "standard slot" installer option to use slot 58 instead of slot 54 because that is more compatible with devious devices - 54 collides with DD chastity belts. So the purpose of the slot change was indeed to improve compatibility with devious devices. I then made this the default option because it leads to a better experience: The handcuffs will no longer collide with DD chastity belts, and they will also no longer collide with armor/clothing.

The goal is NOT to allow wearing handcuffs with DD cuffs or armbiners. If you install the DD compatibility plugin, the handcuffs will gain the DD_kw_ItemType_WristCuffs keyword in addition to my own keywords, even if using slot 58, and because of that devious devices should refuse to equip armbinders or wrist cuffs if you are already wearing handcuffs.