Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

21 hours ago, f7jg said:

Нет, еще один парень из Японии

как то все печально в плане удобства установки модов DoA6. к примеру для RE2 ремейк есть Fluffy manager. Там даже не нужно распаковывать файлы архиваторами zip и rip... достаточно просто скачать любой мод, и перенести в modmanager - RE2 папка Mods.  И всё мод в работе

8 hours ago, doa5YEA said:

Anyone have textures from other characters? I can start adding privates to them.

You can dump them with 3DMigoto pretty easily:

1. In the d3dx.ini enable hunting (I suggest =2 for soft disabled mode)
  2. Make sure your resolution is set high (1600x900 minimum) to ensure the game will use the high resolution textures
  3. Go to the character select screen so the character you want is visible
  4. Enable hunting mode with numpad 0 (this switches between hunting=1 & 2)
  5. Select the frame analysis profile with Ctrl+F8. Meshes+diffuse texture is the default, and probably what you want to start with*.
  6. Press F8 to run frame analysis
  7. You will get a time stamped Frame Analysis directory next to the loader, containing (among other things) .dds files for the skin, face and clothing textures. There will be duplicates here** - sort the directory by filesize which will group most of the duplicates together (or sort by name to match up the texture and model it was used with). Pay attention to the filenames, as this is where you get the hash you will need to later replace them (...-ps-t0=XXXXXXXX.dds), and this hash will tell you which are duplicates.
  8. (If you have another preferred workflow for .dds files feel free to deviate at this point)
  9. Download Microsoft texconv from here (this is the only program that can work with all DDS formats, though some people prefer the convenience of the Intel/nvidia Photoshop plugins instead). For convenience you can place this in the frame analysis directory, or somewhere easy to access from a command prompt: https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases
  10. Open up a command prompt and navigate to the frame analysis directory, then use texconv.exe to convert. This is the command line I used for La Mariposa's skin, which seemed to work fine, but you should do a test replacing it to make sure it looks right before you spend time editing it for real, since there are various options for things like colour space (SRGB), format, pre-multiplied alpha, etc:
    texconv.exe -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -ft PNG -alpha "filename.dds"

e.g.
    image.png.18eea94a39628c312f1dc7133828d8fb.png

11. Edit the resulting PNG image however you want (for a first pass just do something quick and stupid so you can make sure it imports and looks okay before spending time on it)
  12. Create a new ini file for your texture swap, containing what I posted before filling in the texture hashes and filename:
    [TextureOverrideSkinDiffuseHighRes]
    ; Used at resolutions >= 1600x900
    ; Fill the hash in from the frame analysis filename taken at high resolution:
    hash = xxxxxxxx
    this = ResourceReplaceSkin

[TextureOverrideSkinDiffuseLowRes]
    ; Used at resolutions <= 1366x768
    ; Fill the hash in from the frame analysis filename taken at low resolution.
    ; Remember to go all the way to character select for the game to switch hashes, not just the main menu.
    hash = xxxxxxxx
    this = ResourceReplaceSkin

[ResourceReplaceSkin]
    ; Your replacement filename here. Can be either .png or .dds:
    filename = la_mariposa.png

13. As you can see from the comment, you can either use .png or .dds formats when importing the texture back to the game. .png is convenient and should be fine to get started with, but there are reasons to consider using .dds, the most important one is that properly generated .dds files can include mip-maps, which are important as demonstrated by this comparison (anyone who has played modded SkyrimVR might now recognise why some mods look naff while others look beautiful):

moire.png.eb82c94269dbcd4583cd7dc182901a93.png
  14. Rather than painting directly on the .png image, you might consider importing the model that went with it into Blender and setting the texture as a material, so you can see how the TEXCOORD.xy UV layer maps onto it and line things up properly, or even paint directly on the texture from Blender since the crotch region is likely to be split over several areas of the texture (obviously this depends on using a model without any holes in the regions of interest - this screenshot is from Helena's Godess costume). I can give you instructions for this, but aside from the 3DMigoto import & export*** this part is just standard Blender workflow and there are a million tutorials out there that would cover it better than I can:
    image.png.3420e1c60bb75557f7c6237fa039e7da.png

* If you select textures only it will also dump reflection, normal and sub-surface scattering textures. Note that to enable replacements of these you must add this to your ini file (the rest of the file follows the same format as above):

[Constants]
; Replace "t4" with the slot used by this texture. Check the frame analysis filename.
$\costumes\enable_t4_replace = 1

** These don't take up any extra space on your disk because they are hard linked, and in fact will be shared between multiple frame analysis sessions (via FrameAnalysisDeduped)

*** Import & export to Blender is covered here: https://youtu.be/zWE0xP4MgR8?t=1571
3DMigoto Blender Addon is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

1. Download Microsoft texconv from here (this is the only program that can work with all DDS formats, though some people prefer the convenience of the Intel/nvidia Photoshop plugins instead). For convenience you can place this in the frame analysis directory, or somewhere easy to access from a command prompt: https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases
  2. Open up a command prompt and navigate to the frame analysis directory, then use texconv.exe to convert. This is the command line I used for La Mariposa's skin, which seemed to work fine, but you should do a test replacing it to make sure it looks right before you spend time editing it for real, since there are various options for things like colour space (SRGB), format, pre-multiplied alpha, etc:

texconv.exe -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -ft PNG -alpha "filename.dds"

e.g.
    image.png.18eea94a39628c312f1dc7133828d8fb.png

You could also use Noesis to view and convert dds files to png

I have been using 3d Migoto to install mods, and I recently discovered that a few of the characters eyes were missing, but only when I use the program. The affected characters appear to be selected at random. Is there any fix for this?

3 minutes ago, Gdog2 said:

I have been using 3d Migoto to install mods, and I recently discovered that a few of the characters eyes were missing, but only when I use the program. The affected characters appear to be selected at random. Is there any fix for this?

you can disable the mod one by one to check which mod is casuing the problem.

To disable mods, just rename the specific mod folder by adding "DISABLED "prefix to it, for instance i have a honokatopless subfolder in my mod folder storing the ini to do the trick, i just rename it to "DISABLED honokatopless" then you are done, and also, you dont need to restart the game, in game just press F10 and 3dmigoto will reload all the mods.

3 hours ago, rockmanalpha2444 said:

you can disable the mod one by one to check which mod is casuing the problem.

To disable mods, just rename the specific mod folder by adding "DISABLED "prefix to it, for instance i have a honokatopless subfolder in my mod folder storing the ini to do the trick, i just rename it to "DISABLED honokatopless" then you are done, and also, you dont need to restart the game, in game just press F10 and 3dmigoto will reload all the mods.

And the rest of the buttons for what?

On 3/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, vagonumero13 said:

Here is rdbtool, the alternative rdb extractor/injector, with better support for game version 1.02.

Download from attachment or from this mega mirror.

Mega is loading very slowly. Very

Yes, you need to upload all files to Mediafire or Google.

16 hours ago, JK.2080 said:

Не ленитесь!

это глупо! тот менеджер создан в первую очередь для того что бы не переустанавливать игру из-за малейших ошибок, или некачественных модов и прочего... без подобных программ у людей обеспечены переустановки игры и поиск оригинальных файлов что бы исправить ошибки.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, LMarkB said:

@vagonumero13

I have a suggestion.
It's need to add to your program the ability to return to its previous state.
To do this, all the files that we replace must be saved in a special folder, then they can be automatically returned to its original place. And if the game will not start, we can make a couple of clicks and return to the original state.
Thank you for the excellent work.

I have plans for something better,  to create something that wouldn't require to modify .rdb files any longer, but just place the files in a specific folder. It will still take some time though.

1 hour ago, Gdog2 said:

Никто не ответил на мой прошлый вопрос, так что я спрошу снова.Есть ли Фокс для фото режим / делать скриншоты для версии Кодекса?

есть много программ для создания скриншотов, к примеру Lightshot

alright, so i found the source of my disappearing eyes, but it is in my invisible bayman mod. This is a problem as I can re enable the eyes, but then hes just floating eyes (and a hat/hair, but thats a problem for another day). Does anyone know how to target it to just make baymans eyes invisible? or is that not possible?

On 3/31/2019 at 2:05 AM, Alexei81 said:

как то все печально в плане удобства установки модов DoA6. к примеру для RE2 ремейк есть Fluffy manager. Там даже не нужно распаковывать файлы архиваторами zip и rip... достаточно просто скачать любой мод, и перенести в modmanager - RE2 папка Mods.  И всё мод в работе

And what about the models in RE2? Can they be compared with DOA models?

6 hours ago, 06a567cec396 said:

А что насчет моделей в RE2?Can они сравниваются с моделями DOA?

.не модели, а моды(программы) видно трудности перевода и вы не так меня понимаете. И в том посте все дословно и подробно сказано, осталось только перевести на ваш язык) речь шла о удобной программе для запуска модов... где не нужно менять какие либо файлы,заменять и прочее. Просто добавлять скачиваемые файлы (без распаковки) в modmanager с папкой игры. Удобная установка,удобное удаление... без последствий для игры

6 hours ago, biquiba said:

Let me try again. Please, can someone tell me if there's any progress (or even atempt) to make a graphics improvement mod? So far I only noticed progress on the 3D vision and costume mods. Thank you.

The graphics are normal

5 hours ago, biquiba said:

Позвольте мне попробовать еще раз.Пожалуйста, может кто-нибудь сказать мне, если есть какие-либо прогресс (или даже atempt), чтобы сделать улучшение графики мод?До сих пор я только заметил прогресс в 3D-видении и модах костюмов.Спасибо!

пока нет. Окружение и локации смотрятся вроде бы лучше, костюмы на персонажах тоже. А вот скажем до текстур кожи и прорисовка тел не достатачно хорошо выполнена, если брать в сравнение Assassins creed Одиссея и RE2 так там главные герои выглядят почти как живые.) Но это игры другого жанра

20 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

.не модели, а моды(программы) видно трудности перевода и вы не так меня понимаете. И в том посте все дословно и подробно сказано, осталось только перевести на ваш язык) речь шла о удобной программе для запуска модов... где не нужно менять какие либо файлы,заменять и прочее. Просто добавлять скачиваемые файлы (без распаковки) в modmanager с папкой игры. Удобная установка,удобное удаление... без последствий для игры 

And who made this modmanager, modders or devs?

19 minutes ago, Alexei81 said:

пока нет. Окружение и локации смотрятся вроде бы лучше, костюмы на персонажах тоже. А вот скажем до текстур кожи и прорисовка тел не достатачно хорошо выполнена, если брать в сравнение Assassins creed Одиссея и RE2 так там главные герои выглядят почти как живые.) Но это игры другого жанра

You mean they are better than DOA? ?

You're wrong. It can not be.