Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

The mods are looking good.

I was wondering, is it possible that it will also work on the steam version to apply these mods ?

I might have overlooked on the answer if it was given.

Just as a verification I would like to know.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

15 hours ago, ddd439 said:

Here already wrote that the texture does not open correctly. Need a special plugin from the game Finaln Fantasy.

This is written at the beginning of this topic.

Thanks for your reply, but that tool didn't work for me. It extracted the dds, but it looks god awful.  Gas machine one has the same problem than Linkdata, it also extracts it but it's corrupted for some reason, it's weird that this only happens to me with hair textures. I guess i'll wait for some more stable tools.

2 hours ago, penat said:

The mods are looking good.

I was wondering, is it possible that it will also work on the steam version to apply these mods ?

I might have overlooked on the answer if it was given.

Just as a verification I would like to know.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Yeah, I use the Steam version and all the mods have been working great. Especially since the 3D fix 1.1 was released. 

7 hours ago, rockmanalpha2444 said:

for example, lei fang with costume  10-12 would be a perfect model (which has  complete lower body mesh) to combine with.

you cannot just combine models because they have different sizes and you will get seams on them.

1 hour ago, EternalXIllusion said:

Yeah, I use the Steam version and all the mods have been working great. Especially since the 3D fix 1.1 was released. 

Thank you for you reply. I will try to use the mods.

2 hours ago, LloydV said:

Mary Rose is not from Russia. Baby is Japanese.

я и не говорил о том что она из россии.  Она из швеции. Вот вы почему ее к японцам причислили... видно с данной серией игр не знакомы. с того момента как она появилась в DoA в каждой части игры указана швеция

9 hours ago, L o n g said:

you cannot just combine models because they have different sizes and you will get seams on them.

yeah i know there will be some problems to be solved, i found a really useful thread about how to combine two costume model:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mods/costume-combining-barefoot-making-tutorial-t1273.html

it is a really detailed step by step tutorial, many thanks to the author bbb

as everyone knows the models extracted by rdbtool have couple of issues to import to blender atm. , i am now researching on using 3dmigoto to dump frame analyze to play with those ib and vb text file add see what will happen.

Importing g1m to blender wouldn't much of a problem. I already coded a g1m parser, it would be easy to extract the vertex buffer /index buffer data that to the iv+vb+fmt format used by 3dmigoto, and then use the 3dmigoto blender import script to put the model blender. The problem would be make the modifications again in the g1m file. Some of the game meshes have some data (PSIZE, FOG, SAMPLE and some other shit) associated to each vertex that the 3dmigoto blender script will ignore, so these would be gone on modification.

8 hours ago, Alexei81 said:

Eu não disse que ela era da Rússia. Ela é da Suécia. É por isso que você a classificou entre os japoneses ... você pode ver que esta série de jogos não é familiar. desde o momento em que ela apareceu no DoA, em todas as partes do jogo a Suécia é indicada

Sorry, probably my gt translated your words incorrectly. I thought you wrote that baby Mary is also from Russia, so I replied that it was not. 

Problems of understanding remain, despite the best efforts of Google.

11 hours ago, xxx767 said:

Eu não acho que ele alegou que Marie é russa.
Oficialmente ela é da Suécia.

However, yes, indeed Mary is from Sweden. I confused her with the Japanese Honoka.They very popular in Japan and I thought that they are both Japanese too.

Sorry, Marie!

72146360_mh.thumb.png.38efae4ee0e258c464c481efa58506d5.png

5 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Importing g1m to blender wouldn't much of a problem. I already coded a g1m parser, it would be easy to extract the vertex buffer /index buffer data that to the iv+vb+fmt format used by 3dmigoto, and then use the 3dmigoto blender import script to put the model blender. The problem would be make the modifications again in the g1m file. Some of the game meshes have some data (PSIZE, FOG, SAMPLE and some other shit) associated to each vertex that the 3dmigoto blender script will ignore, so these would be gone on modification. 

This is fixed in the latest version of the script (which imports them as vertex layers and will re-export them to the game), BUT those are used for the soft body simulation and will OVERRIDE the POSISTION semantic... So you can adjust the normals for the reflection a little, but rotate the model to the side and you see they are still flat. If SAMPLE is set to 1.0 it will use POSITION, if it is set to 0.0 it will use the soft body, and anything in between are some level of blending between the two (in practice the vertices on the edge of each mesh section is set to 1.0 to line up with neighboring meshes and anything in the middle of the mesh will be 0.0). PSIZE and FOG are poorly named - those actually hold the soft body nodes that each vertex on the mesh is linked to.

So, I can disable soft body to add all the 3D detail I want, but at a guess I think most people here would prefer soft body enabled right?

I've got a few options I'm thinking about, but they are all a bit involved and I'm uncertain how well the results will be as yet.

Are there any versions of the body meshes without holes in the g1m files? If so those would be incredibly useful.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:35 PM, h4sjohnson said:

@guest73u @ddd439 @rockmanalpha2444

for guys looking for tools to re-modeling

as i know, only @tianmuxia ,who is the author of rdbtools, successfully modify the model. He wrote a program to transfer g1m to dae. He said he will release the new version for DOA6.

Here's the link to download the Dynasty Warriors 8 version of that tool. you can use this tool while you waiting for release.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5787969-1-1.html

1.jpg.472a438214cc46cfbdb613d336e902bf.jpg

but as you can see, the model is not import correctly. some parts missed, and phyics clothing is just a mess.

So, in summary, maybe we can remove model part from g1m. But do something magical is not that easy for now.

Your link does not open. (Unable to connect) Perhaps you were wronge?

ty

A program to extract g1m files to iv/vb/fmt that are *mostly* compatible with latest version of 3dmigoto blender script. (some of them will still give error though).

Only extract functionality atm, for research purposes.

Usage: drag the .g1m file, and it will generate folder where it will extract all meshes of the file in iv/vb/fmt files. I can't guarantee that the info in the .fmt file is correct in all cases.

Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will mass extract all g1m files found in that folder (it will create a subfolder for each g1m). Makes dumping all models of the game at once easier. If you find some folder empty, it is because those g1m files didn't have mesh data (for example AYA_FACE_000).

Mentioned earlier, but don't forget to update the 3dmigoto blender script if you already had it installed, older versions would give error in most meshes.

g1m_test.zip

I run the program and I get this on the console:
D:\Fantastico>"3DMigoto Loader"

------------------------------- 3DMigoto Loader ------------------------------

d3d11.dll description: "3Dmigoto - d3d11.dll"
3DMigoto Version 1.3.16
Loaded D:\Fantastico\d3d11.dll

3DMigoto ready, launching "steam://run/838380/"...
Target process found (9272): D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\DOA6.exe
9272: 3DMigoto loaded :)
but then, the console closes and the game closes as well, doesn't go past the splash screen

/?