Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

14 hours ago, XUTERO said:

Hello, forgive me for asking a question that has probably been asked numerous times, but after reading page after page, I simply don't manage to get most textures to work in the game. 

- I use REDELBE and install Mods, no problem. 
- I extracted contents from MaterialEditor.rdb using RDBtool, no problem. 
- I extract the .g1t texture files to .dds using LinkDataTool, no problem. 
- I edit these textures using Photoshop CS6 and the Intel plugin (or the NVIDIA plugin), no problem, however, 
when I export them back to .g1t format using LinkDataTool, then RDBtool to reimport it to the original MaterialEditor.rdb, 
only 1 texture has been working in the game, all other texture edits have not shown up in the game despite using the exact same process.

Can you maybe explain to me what your work pipeline is regarding this process? 

I'm sure I'm stuck on something simple, but I just can't figure it out. 

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the bother. 

Might be you're using the wrong dds compression settings, sometimes when trying to import a texture with wrong format it just doesn't update the .g1t so check if the file actually got updated after using LinkDataTool. The texture size and format have to be the same as what was in the .g1t originally.

If what you're trying to edit are the BC6H textures in kidsmm1.g1t files, those don't seem to work at all, but you can get around it by saving the edited texture as DXT1 instead, importing it into a kidsalb.g1t and then renaming that to kidsmm1.g1t. 

Also, you don't have to reimport the .g1t files into the rdb, you can just put them into the MaterialEditor folder in redelbe.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:04 PM, blackdragon99 said:

Might be you're using the wrong dds compression settings, sometimes when trying to import a texture with wrong format it just doesn't update the .g1t so check if the file actually got updated after using LinkDataTool. The texture size and format have to be the same as what was in the .g1t originally.

If what you're trying to edit are the BC6H textures in kidsmm1.g1t files, those don't seem to work at all, but you can get around it by saving the edited texture as DXT1 instead, importing it into a kidsalb.g1t and then renaming that to kidsmm1.g1t. 

Also, you don't have to reimport the .g1t files into the rdb, you can just put them into the MaterialEditor folder in redelbe.

Thank you for the response. I forced myself to only use 3DMigoto with .ini files, and the texture alterings work like a charm. 
Using 3DMigoto I noticed that I wasn't using the sRGB compressions, which solved all texture oddities once I did use sRGB. This might perhaps be why it wasn't working properly when I re-imported to .g1t files, but since I use 3DMigoto, I don't currently need them unless I plan on making a REDELBE mod. 

For now I have only made some basic texture modifications. I'll read more and try to get 3D mesh replacement next. 
Thanks again for your time. 

unknown.png?width=806&height=454

unknown.png?width=806&height=454

4 hours ago, crispes said:

Hi,

Is there a way to disable or replace original costumes or even characters, which i dont like?

If I am correct, Redelbe never touches original content.

Thanks! 

The only way to disable costumes is by replacing them with other ones. This can be achieved with REDELBE although I am still to test this. 
REDELBE uses the files from the Mod folder instead, therefore it does not alter the actual game files. 

5 hours ago, crispes said:

Hi,

Is there a way to disable or replace original costumes or even characters, which i dont like?

If I am correct, Redelbe never touches original content.

Thanks! 

Use REDELBE/CharacterEditor and REDELBE/MaterialEditor to have permanently modified character files.

7 hours ago, 用户名623 said:

Tamaki Bunny Mod;)

Very nice mod. 

Is there a way to insert obj + textures into a g1m file? 
So far I only managed to modify the already existing vertex of meshes. 

20200318161405_1.jpg

I tried merging a hat with parts of the face but Blender doesn't seem capable of merging 2 different objects... it's crazy. 
Is mesh replacement using an obj from outside the game even possible? 

11 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Use REDELBE/CharacterEditor and REDELBE/MaterialEditor to have permanently modified character files.

Ok, it will work, i see. Thanks!

What are the known limitations? I mean i don't want to edit meshes, just use the modded files i can find here. What is possible? I had some game crashes while trying. 

Can I set a modded costume of a character to replace any other of it's costumes? Can I replace a character with all of its costumes to a set of other character's costumes? Can I replace thumbnails? Is there a way to replace the sounds of a character or win-lose animations as well?

I don't really care about the movements, but I have a couple characters/costumes i just don't like, and they come up in Quest and other modes.

4 hours ago, XUTERO said:

Very nice mod. 

Is there a way to insert obj + textures into a g1m file? 
So far I only managed to modify the already existing vertex of meshes. 

20200318161405_1.jpg

I tried merging a hat with parts of the face but Blender doesn't seem capable of merging 2 different objects... it's crazy. 
Is mesh replacement using an obj from outside the game even possible? 

Take Hitomi as an example: Adding hat model a.obj to Hitomi's model is actually added to her hairstyle decorations. You can choose, for example HTM_HAIR_011, which has a hat hairstyle, and then use this hat to a.obj Weight transfer to replace the original hat

11 hours ago, 用户名623 said:

Take Hitomi as an example: Adding hat model a.obj to Hitomi's model is actually added to her hairstyle decorations. You can choose, for example HTM_HAIR_011, which has a hat hairstyle, and then use this hat to a.obj Weight transfer to replace the original hat

20200318231932_1.jpg

After a lot of tests and a very precise procedure in blender and 3DMigoto, I managed to replace the bandana with a hat, but the texture doesn't seem to load properly in the .ini file. I'm going to search a little further on that problem today. 

I still need to test weight transfer when I will try out the outfit in the future. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Edit: I'm getting an error when loading into 3DMigoto ; 
"Failed to load custom texture resource PathToTheFile/3D Migoto/Mods/SShat-4b8d0511.dds : x080070057"
Any ideas anyone?

Edit2: Nevermind, I confused the vb index with the texture hash index. 

20200319131754_1.jpg

I managed to apply texture on the bandana and the hat changes color to mach part of the texture but the UVs must be wrong? 
When I check in Blender the bandana on which the texture appears doesn't have UV's. And the hat which DOES have UV's doesn't display the texture correctly. That's rather strange.

Edit: I played with the UVs of the hat in Blender but nothing I do seems to make a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey Evans said:

Soo, i was thinking does anyone know the file type that move animations have? If so please let me know and is there any program that allows me to view the animations

They are as .g1a. Vagonumero created tools for them as well, just check in his thread

14 hours ago, 用户名623 said:

I have exported the HTM_HAIR_011 g1m file using qrdbtool2.4. 
I have exported the vb, ib, fmt files using g1mTool1.0. 

I have imported the pirate hat in Blender using the 3DMigoto python script. 

When I export it back to the g1m file, it appears using REDELBE. 

But how do I set a texture for the new hat? It does not use the pirate hat texture, nor any other texture apprently. 

Do you have a video tutorial of how it must be done? 
It would greatly help me. 

6 hours ago, XUTERO said:

But how do I set a texture for the new hat? It does not use the pirate hat texture, nor any other texture apprently. 

There are two ways: hex editing the g1m file or redirect the texture files by editing the *.ktid / *.kts file. I would suggest you to try the redirection first before going into the hex editing.

A mesh's texture is linked in g1m file with the texture ID.

(This step is optional ) Use the qrdbtool2.4 open the CharacterEditor file. Say for HTM_HAIR_011, there are two texture index file: HTM_HAIR_011.ktid, HTM_HAIR_011.mtl. The HTM_HAIR_011.mtl, as said by the extention name is "material list".  You need to use vago's "fid_utility.exe" tool to convert them to text file. The tool can be download from the same of "qrdbtool".

open the .mtl.txt file generated by the "fid_utility.exe" , it looks like:

;
; Material name,matpalid[0],matpalid[1],matpalid[2],...
;
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_a01,0
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_b01,1
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_body,2
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_c01,3
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_e01,4

That is the HTM_COS_104.mtl. now you got the file name and the texture ID. If you don't want to do hex editing to g1m file. These information maybe be useful for you, so you can pass this step. Instead, open the "MaterialEditor.rdb" in qrdbtool, extract all *.ktid, *.kts files for the model, say :

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.ktid

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kts

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_BLEND.ktid

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_BLEND.kts

Normally, the "_a01","b_01"... is head wear items, and "_BLEND" is the hair. Replace the "_BLEND" will change hair colour. If you got the item from exist model, say HTM_HAIR_007, and material is MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_c01,  you just need to change the names of the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR007_c01.ktid to the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.ktid, and MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR007_c01.kts to the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kts, and put these two file into the "material" folder of your layer2 mod. 

If you need to modify the material, extract :

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsalb.g1t  --- d map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsnmh.g1t --- normal map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsocc,g1t  ---- occlusion map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsrfr.g1t ---- specular map

Use "linkdatatool" from the first page of this post to convert g1t to dds.

9 hours ago, XUTERO said:

This is not difficult, just search for the hat material corresponding to HTM_HAIR_011 through qrdbtool2.4, such as: MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsalb.g1t, etc., you will get 7 material files, the first and last of which are usually used without modification.

Then replace the 2nd to 6th with the material of your hat.

A reminder: when you export the original material is 1kb, you do n’t need to make any changes to use it directly.

11 hours ago, XUTERO said:

20200319131754_1.jpg

I managed to apply texture on the bandana and the hat changes color to mach part of the texture but the UVs must be wrong? 
When I check in Blender the bandana on which the texture appears doesn't have UV's. And the hat which DOES have UV's doesn't display the texture correctly. That's rather strange.

Edit: I played with the UVs of the hat in Blender but nothing I do seems to make a difference. 

The reason for this is that you did not copy the UV names of the original mesh into the new mesh

Can you help me with these? Redelbe is not self explanatory. Thank you!

On 3/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, crispes said:

Ok, it will work, i see. Thanks!

What are the known limitations? I mean i don't want to edit meshes, just use the modded files i can find here. What is possible? I had some game crashes while trying. 

Can I set a modded costume of a character to replace any other of it's costumes? Can I replace a character with all of its costumes to a set of other character's costumes? Can I replace thumbnails? Is there a way to replace the sounds of a character or win-lose animations as well?

I don't really care about the movements, but I have a couple characters/costumes i just don't like, and they come up in Quest and other modes.