Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

5 hours ago, evil9999 said:

Can somebody help me please? I want to use MAI face in the old v1.02 game,and I got some issue like this.. ISSUE.thumb.JPG.8d4d146919585536d8dfee685669a350.JPG

With v1.02 I don't know. But because of height differences you can't put Mai's face on Helena nor American/European characters anyways, only Asians. But I think you can make it fit on Helena, but you need blender. I haven't tried it yet but I think you need to extend the neck to make it look normal, if that doesn't work then I don't know.

So much was going on at the time after I first started this mod (Bayman as the Soviet Punisher)...and then I just plain got stuck not knowing how to do what I wanted.

Back at it now, progress has been mostly slow...lots of trial and error with some unexpected results at times.

My reshape to the beret went ok but getting my added emblem mesh's to reflect light the way i want has been an issue.  Beret's kidsrfr map is in DXT1 instead of  BC7...making it more difficult possibly?

The thumb bits to my gloves are acting like an adolescent child thus far and I haven't found the cause(s) as of yet...lol! 

Also had a gun on his back, looked cool but wasn't totally without issue.

My tattoo needs a proper translation to Russian with a text style resembling the English version.  I can translate it but don't have Russian fonts to do it and make it look right or know IF it looks right. If i remove the text, does anybody feel up to translating it properly?

Another question I have...how do you resize and combine texture maps/UV's properly.   I make a larger square texture map....put my textures on it, take it back to blender and put it under my uv maps, rename the uv maps the same, re-scale my uv's to match my new texture map and then combine my meshes together.  Looks right in blender but the game always reverts the map back to normal size (whatever the original maps size was) and jacks the texture.  That method is clearly wrong...please enlighten me.

As he looks right now...

anigifBP.gif.e23f3c08a20c6a6f6f47f3aa0c2d4945.gif

6 hours ago, AjPUNISHER said:

So much was going on at the time after I first started this mod (Bayman as the Soviet Punisher)...and then I just plain got stuck not knowing how to do what I wanted.

Back at it now, progress has been mostly slow...lots of trial and error with some unexpected results at times.

My reshape to the beret went ok but getting my added emblem mesh's to reflect light the way i want has been an issue.  Beret's kidsrfr map is in DXT1 instead of  BC7...making it more difficult possibly?

The thumb bits to my gloves are acting like an adolescent child thus far and I haven't found the cause(s) as of yet...lol! 

Also had a gun on his back, looked cool but wasn't totally without issue.

My tattoo needs a proper translation to Russian with a text style resembling the English version.  I can translate it but don't have Russian fonts to do it and make it look right or know IF it looks right. If i remove the text, does anybody feel up to translating it properly?

Another question I have...how do you resize and combine texture maps/UV's properly.   I make a larger square texture map....put my textures on it, take it back to blender and put it under my uv maps, rename the uv maps the same, re-scale my uv's to match my new texture map and then combine my meshes together.  Looks right in blender but the game always reverts the map back to normal size (whatever the original maps size was) and jacks the texture.  That method is clearly wrong...please enlighten me.

As he looks right now...

According to my experience the two issues you are having is the same one: you need to look for .g1t file container suitable for your texture. The game will read and use any format .g1t file, so you can use a kidsrfr g1t file that using BC7 format. The second issue is the same: the size of the image has been limited by the g1t container, so it looks like you texture has been cropped. Currently, I think you have to resize your texture to 2048x2048 and check if the g1t file you are using matches this size.

Today i found a g1m export tool for Final Fantasy. It seems that it could export cloth part of g1m model properly, regardless of missing texcroods and other stuff (while it seems that g1mtools can handle texcroods properly). Maybe we could combine the g1mtools in our forum & this tool to make cloth modifying possible. I'll try to dig into it and find more details these days.

screenshot20200308010403.jpg.fa878fdecca756d570c319627ac74973.jpg

(here are 2 pieces of cloth exported from HON_COS_104)

56 minutes ago, h4sjohnson said:

Today i found a g1m export tool for Final Fantasy. It seems that it could export cloth part of g1m model properly, regardless of missing texcroods and other stuff (while it seems that g1mtools can handle texcroods properly). Maybe we could combine the g1mtools in our forum & this tool to make cloth modifying possible. I'll try to dig into it and find more details these days.

(here are 2 pieces of cloth exported from HON_COS_104)

Great! In the 0x90001 material section, 4d meshes is treat like these has a unnamed bone. so the 4th maybe an index to a bone section. Also check:

Hey, casual DoA5 modder here.

I wanted to ask how the state of modding for DoA6 is and if an amateur who just makes mods from himself could make the switch from DoA5 to DoA6 now.

DoA5 is super easy and quick to mod nowadays and you can do a lot with just basic blender, photoshop and tcm tools knowledge. Just slapping together some costume parts from the huge library of costumes and mods, deleting some parts and doing light edits with photoshop and blender does the trick. Really fun to be creative that way.

Is DoA6 still complicated and time consuming to modify? I tried it out about 6-9 months ago and was very frustrated, solving the problems without the necessary skill set meant a ton of research and trial and error and wasn't worth it. Modding mostly for the looks and gameplay is kinda secondary.