Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

9 hours ago, kollector said:

Hey, minna!

I'm new to modding,

so would anybody tell me

what is these black dots?

Spoiler

435892452_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.901fd4ea14814893aff16205c8bc2b67.png

it means that they were hidden or deleted by you or another modder. you can't modify items with removed meshes, it will break in game . you have to recreate it, if you want to add onto someone else's or your work.

Always something ain't it?!  Editing for DOA the other day, started up the the game to check my 'work' and my titan z started acting up and was soon disabled.

No signs it was going off the rails before that and i haven't taken it apart to see if anything is fried but maybe there's a slight chance some new thermal paste could cure it?

New paste would be a lot cheaper then a new card that i can't afford right now but is fresh paste even worth trying or do you think i'm beating a dead horse and the damage is already done?

Just so you know, you can modify mods with the game open. I just found that out and a lot of us didn't know that.

"For how I figured it out I just left the game running, swapped HTM_CAMERA_7001_CHRSEL with a different camera, load a match and then back out to the character select. I did it in this video. The game just needs to find away to load or refresh itself it seems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXEuX2IMoU

You can't remove the file then load something or the game crashes.

I haven't tried it with textures and model hiding but it should work too. It works with model exporting, file swapping, both hard changes and Layer2 folders. Just switch to a different character or outfit, then go back to the outfit. You don't have to leave the select screen. Doing it this way is sooooooo much faster. Especially with my SSD."

58 minutes ago, perfectdark023 said:

Just so you know, you can modify mods with the game open. I just found that out and a lot of us didn't know that.

"For how I figured it out I just left the game running, swapped HTM_CAMERA_7001_CHRSEL with a different camera, load a match and then back out to the character select. I did it in this video. The game just needs to find away to load or refresh itself it seems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXEuX2IMoU

I haven't tried it with textures and model hiding but it should work too. It works with model exporting, file swapping, both hard changes and Layer2 folders. Just switch to a different character or outfit, then go back to the outfit. You don't have to leave the select screen. Doing it this way is sooooooo much faster. Especially with my SSD."

Appreciate it !!!!

4 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

Didn't realize more people didn't know that or I would have mentioned it...I was doing that almost from the start.  Never tried any hiding but don't see why it wouldn't work.  Works just fine with textures.

More about my gpu issue.  Bought my rig used and have been using it for 5 years now with only a water cooling addition to the cpu since.  3d rendering mostly but more recently gears 5, tekken 7, borderlands 3, metal gear solid 5, sniper contracts and of course doa 6 have heated things up for much longer periods of time.  I ordered thermal paste and won't know if it  will be a fix for few days but if not atleast i'll have some on hand.  Certainly aint going to be doing much with onboard graphics as things are right now?

When i replace leifang's original low half body with SaafRats's nude  low half body;

it comes to this..........

1.thumb.PNG.e687762cb79e4d02e9c2866558e30687.PNG

Would any body tell me what happened?

On 3/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, mai2019 said:

[Original] dead or raw 6 data import and export tool DoaTool! ! ! 2019-03-07 update 

Function description: 
1. Support data export function. 
2. Support data import function. 
3. After the texture is exported, it is a .g1t file. You can download the Rockman tool into a dds texture in the Real Three Kingdoms Unparalleled 8 Zone. 
4. After the model is exported, it is a .g1m file, and I will convert it to the dae format when I update the tool. 
5. A model and map data comparison table is attached. 

Easy to use instructions: 
1. Data export: 
      Take the 1482 numbered Xia model data as an example. Use this command to export: export -rdb c -i 1582, the output file is DoaTool_out\00001582.g1m 
2. Data import: 
      Assume the modified model The file is kasumi.g1m, use this command to import: import -rdb c -i 1582 -d kasumi.g1m 

personal mod works website: https://azz.net/tianmuxia , temporarily no DOA6 mod 

download:

DoaTool.zip 1.01 MB · 305 downloads

Can someone explain this tool for me cause, I'm having missed understanding of this tool. And I'm sick of it like look to get material and textures, there has to be someone very helpful, and wanting to help me learn this stuff, cause if not just going to give, i have a lot of ideas to make mods if keep coming to a complete stop, trying to understand this at a time. Please hope someone can messages me and be helpful. This stuff is very annoying and a lot of stressful chaos in my mind. 

1 hour ago, XGeniusx_ said:

Can someone explain this tool for me cause, I'm having missed understanding of this tool. And I'm sick of it like look to get material and textures, there has to be someone very helpful, and wanting to help me learn this stuff, cause if not just going to give, i have a lot of ideas to make mods if keep coming to a complete stop, trying to understand this at a time. Please hope someone can messages me and be helpful. This stuff is very annoying and a lot of stressful chaos in my mind. 

Don't use that tool, it is outdated. Use qrdbtool to extract files, and REDELBE to put modified files.

19 hours ago, XGeniusx_ said:

I want a way  And explanations in the video if possible

On 3/29/2020 at 2:09 AM, kollector said:

When i replace leifang's original low half body with SaafRats's nude  low half body;

it comes to this..........

1.thumb.PNG.e687762cb79e4d02e9c2866558e30687.PNG

On 3/29/2020 at 2:09 AM, kollector said:

Would any body tell me what happened?

Not sure what you were trying to do...replace her lower body under the dress with SaafRat's lower body?

At any rate, my guess would be a weight problem.

It's also possible you did your editing correctly... but if you inject the edited vb's back into the same glm more then once, something similar to that can/does happen.  You can can try using a fresh g1m to inject back into...but I suspect it's more likely some sort of a weight problem.

On 3/29/2020 at 2:46 PM, vagonumero13 said:

qrdbtool

Is there a reason to not use it at all, what was it use for at the time when was made, Now the other tools i have was useful, but now that i have blender 2.80. 3DMigoto there is needing too be a updated one for it be install to blender. Also yes someone has to make a video on how to use the tool. A lot people want too know by seeing it. Reading it is fine someone like to visual it in front of them being explain.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:22 AM, AjPUNISHER said:

Not sure what you were trying to do...replace her lower body under the dress with SaafRat's lower body?

At any rate, my guess would be a weight problem.

It's also possible you did your editing correctly... but if you inject the edited vb's back into the same glm more then once, something similar to that can/does happen.  You can can try using a fresh g1m to inject back into...but I suspect it's more likely some sort of a weight problem.

Thanks!

So the weight problem can't be solve by normal measure?