Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 4/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, AjPUNISHER said:

Slightly possible the newest geforce experience driver update played a part with my gpu problem but today i tore down the titan z and re-applied new tp to it before i put it back together...not very optimistic that it's ''fixed' though and haven't 'tested' it yet.  

To be honest i'm a bit chicken at the moment...when it first happened it caused a bsod, file corruption, cmd prompts failed to fix them and an in-place windows install/upgrade only succeeded in uninstalling itself...removing my restore points and the useful advanced boot options that could have fixed it without so much hassle.

Everything has been restored to working order since then and i didn't lose any programs or files but what a ****** mess that was!

You ever get your Leifang edit to work?

I fixed a weight problem i was having once where literally nothing i did with weight editing ever worked.  I tried adding, removing, repainting, transferring weights and a bunch of other stuff but it always failed.  I ended up doing a data transfer from the body mesh to the piece i was adding and then joined them together.

Your idea seems like it should work without much of a hitch, but without taking a look at the original costume vb's to confirm it's possible...or knowing how you were attempting to do it, i couldn't say for sure about the weight problem.  Looking at the pic you posted above again...it's still my guess though.

Thanks!

So, about the data transferring ,

I believer you also transfer the bevel weight, don't you ?

Because i only transfer the vertex groups.

1867883441_Screenshot(90).thumb.png.60f6efa3924244eadb4139c1755eba04.png

On 4/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, AjPUNISHER said:

Slightly possible the newest geforce experience driver update played a part with my gpu problem but today i tore down the titan z and re-applied new tp to it before i put it back together...not very optimistic that it's ''fixed' though and haven't 'tested' it yet.  

To be honest i'm a bit chicken at the moment...when it first happened it caused a bsod, file corruption, cmd prompts failed to fix them and an in-place windows install/upgrade only succeeded in uninstalling itself...removing my restore points and the useful advanced boot options that could have fixed it without so much hassle.

Everything has been restored to working order since then and i didn't lose any programs or files but what a ****** mess that was!

You ever get your Leifang edit to work?

I fixed a weight problem i was having once where literally nothing i did with weight editing ever worked.  I tried adding, removing, repainting, transferring weights and a bunch of other stuff but it always failed.  I ended up doing a data transfer from the body mesh to the piece i was adding and then joined them together.

Your idea seems like it should work without much of a hitch, but without taking a look at the original costume vb's to confirm it's possible...or knowing how you were attempting to do it, i couldn't say for sure about the weight problem.  Looking at the pic you posted above again...it's still my guess though.

After i transfer the vertex group, her left butt gets messed up , however, the right butt doesn't have any problem.

288181643_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.0c8acd595f402203f76fb232ea6ad381.png455778348_Screenshot(95).thumb.png.45471eb92e1fa84006d1f44dad935e8a.png

8 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

@vagonumero13 said it's not possible to set RRPreview as a Layer2 or in my case make a stage mod have it's own ambient sounds in Layer2, which sucks when it comes to making my storm stages sound like its actually storming or character mods having their own voices. But messing with the audio is fun.

FE4_Common_BG.zip 85.11 MB · 4 downloads

Drop in RRPreview

I will release tomorrow an update where Layer2 mods will be able to use subfolder "RRP" to override RRPreview. Character voices won't be able to work due to the permanent preload, but I'm not sure about stage sounds. Character animations definitely work, and it is what has been used as test case.

Edit: considering that I have seen the file several times in the log, it means it is not preloaded, that means your mod will be able to work as layer2.

As general rule, .srsa that have a matching .srst are never preloaded (these are "streaming" files, they are not meant to be fully loaded in ram).

The standalone .srsa can be preloaded or not (srsa are always fully loaded in RAM, but wether it is permamently loaded or not, depends of the purpose, character ones are always preloaded to avoid unnecessary reload of files). But it is possible that this has changed in latest updates, because the log files data seem to differ from what I used to have.

So, if someone wants to do a layer2 mod with character sound, go ahead and test if it works (starting from tomrrow, with new REDELBE update).

On 2020/4/13 at PM8點29分, 用户名623 said:

Mai和Tamaki女僕MOD;)

REDELBE has been updated to version 2.6. After entering the game, select TAMAKI and use the SKD_C01_NUDE MOD to jump out of the game directly
Use GOOGLE translation software, please forgive me if there are any unclear expressions

19 hours ago, doside said:

REDELBE has been updated to version 2.6. After entering the game, select TAMAKI and use the SKD_C01_NUDE MOD to jump out of the game directly
Use GOOGLE translation software, please forgive me if there are any unclear expressions

It doesn't matter, I also use Google Translate
Did not find the problem you said

4.15.gif

4 hours ago, Nukke said:

12.avi 2.05 MB · 3 downloads

Sorry, someone know about this bug?

After the size of the g1m file decreased, I dropped it on the Character Editor and started the game. (Size reduced from 2141KB to 1970KB)
Characters are not displayed when selecting the corresponding costume, and the loading screen after selecting the map no longer ends.

I have this problem as well if I try to update a g1m file.  Once it fails to load the model in char selection, it stops loading all models.  So I cant event switch to a different character or costume in game without restarting the game

Now that modding has taken off for DOA6, can someone please make a mod to fix nyotengu?

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about... her intro animations went from alluring vixen to a burger grease licking slob...

Is it possible to update her tongue and eye animations to look enchanting the way they did in doa5?

Not a rigger so I don't know how involved that would be.... Miss my sex goddess nyotengu!

maxresdefault.jpg

On 4/13/2020 at 4:44 AM, kollector said:

After i transfer the vertex group, her left butt gets messed up , however, the right butt doesn't have any problem.

I only transferred the vertex groups...nothing else.

Your LEIFANG 001 BAREFOOT BOTTOMLESS BREAKABLE mod was basically what you were trying to do right?

On 3/19/2020 at 10:41 PM, fgh1t6 said:

There are two ways: hex editing the g1m file or redirect the texture files by editing the *.ktid / *.kts file. I would suggest you to try the redirection first before going into the hex editing.

A mesh's texture is linked in g1m file with the texture ID.

(This step is optional ) Use the qrdbtool2.4 open the CharacterEditor file. Say for HTM_HAIR_011, there are two texture index file: HTM_HAIR_011.ktid, HTM_HAIR_011.mtl. The HTM_HAIR_011.mtl, as said by the extention name is "material list".  You need to use vago's "fid_utility.exe" tool to convert them to text file. The tool can be download from the same of "qrdbtool".

open the .mtl.txt file generated by the "fid_utility.exe" , it looks like:

;
; Material name,matpalid[0],matpalid[1],matpalid[2],...
;
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_a01,0
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_b01,1
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_body,2
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_c01,3
MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMCOS104_e01,4

That is the HTM_COS_104.mtl. now you got the file name and the texture ID. If you don't want to do hex editing to g1m file. These information maybe be useful for you, so you can pass this step. Instead, open the "MaterialEditor.rdb" in qrdbtool, extract all *.ktid, *.kts files for the model, say :

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.ktid

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kts

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_BLEND.ktid

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_BLEND.kts

Normally, the "_a01","b_01"... is head wear items, and "_BLEND" is the hair. Replace the "_BLEND" will change hair colour. If you got the item from exist model, say HTM_HAIR_007, and material is MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_c01,  you just need to change the names of the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR007_c01.ktid to the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.ktid, and MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR007_c01.kts to the MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kts, and put these two file into the "material" folder of your layer2 mod. 

If you need to modify the material, extract :

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsalb.g1t  --- d map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsnmh.g1t --- normal map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsocc,g1t  ---- occlusion map

MPR_Muscle_Character_HTMHAIR011_b01.kidsrfr.g1t ---- specular map

Use "linkdatatool" from the first page of this post to convert g1t to dds.

Sorry for the very late response, Corona-Chan is giving me time to work some more on this modding. 

I see what you explain and have successfully extracted the .g1t files. I can modify them easily in Photoshop with the correct Intel plugin in .dds format. (sRGB)
However I run into a problem when trying to re-import the files using the DataTool "导入贴图" importer back to .g1t. 

I follow the procedure as shown in this video at 13:08 but nothing does. The g1t file simply remains unaltered. 
My version of the program is; LINKDATA导入导出工具-0.430 perhaps I am not using the correct tool or version? 

49 minutes ago, XUTERO said:

I follow the procedure as shown in this video at 13:08 but nothing does. The g1t file simply remains unaltered. 
My version of the program is; LINKDATA导入导出工具-0.430 perhaps I am not using the correct tool or version? 

While the folder name doesn't matter, the file name and size must be the same as the exported one.  Double check your file and the command window should give you a prompt, some thing like: "File successfully imported, push any key to continue "