Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 1/22/2020 at 10:26 PM, zackissuper said:

You need to make the compression match the original file's compression (typically DXT1) using the compression drop-down, and change the mipmaps drop-down to "generate".

Have tried this, sir. still not working tho. but thanks!

16 hours ago, shinnak said:

I don't like to pressure modders but these mods are amazing and I hope to see a full set in the future.

Two small question:

1.How can I change panties in game?

2. Is it possible to set the mod as default in costume selection instead of the vanilla costume?

In every case thanks for your work!

4 minutes ago, Perry_p said:

I don't like to pressure modders but these mods are amazing and I hope to see a full set in the future.

Two small question:

1.How can I change panties in game?

2. Is it possible to set the mod as default in costume selection instead of the vanilla costume?

In every case thanks for your work!

Thanks!, but really the amazing thing here were the costumes itself, I just removed a couple of details and change some colours ?

1. With a controller (Xbox), when selecting the costume pressing A set the deffault panties, while pressing X, Y or R2 set the others panties. You can hear a different sound when you use the differents buttons.

2. Yes. Insted of extracting in the layer2 folder from REDELBE use the forlders CharacterEditor and MaterialEditor.

4 hours ago, shinnak said:

Thanks!, but really the amazing thing here were the costumes itself, I just removed a couple of details and change some colours ?

1. With a controller (Xbox), when selecting the costume pressing A set the deffault panties, while pressing X, Y or R2 set the others panties. You can hear a different sound when you use the differents buttons.

2. Yes. Insted of extracting in the layer2 folder from REDELBE use the forlders CharacterEditor and MaterialEditor.

Is there a way to keep the mod online even when getting hit by the special hit ? i keep going back to the vanilla costume

Hi all, I'm trying to import some characters for use in blender. I've been following the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE0xP4MgR8 3dmigoto guide, and it's working so far up till the part which requires me to enter the bone constant buffer "vs-cb2"? to get the skeleton for the models. I did some googling and found that "vs-cb2" is the code for DOAXVV? Do we know the code for DOA6? Or is there a more updated method I should be using. Thanks

On 1/24/2020 at 3:21 AM, 91afro said:

Have tried this, sir. still not working tho. but thanks!

Check that the original and the newly saved texture have the same filesize. If not, that means that you either didn't match compression (DXT1, BC7, etc.) or mipmaps. If you did, maybe there was an issue converting back to the DOA6 format.

16 hours ago, zackissuper said:

Check that the original and the newly saved texture have the same filesize. If not, that means that you either didn't match compression (DXT1, BC7, etc.) or mipmaps. If you did, maybe there was an issue converting back to the DOA6 format.

I've tried all of the dds settings the photoshop plugin has to make the kidsmm1 files work but nothing works. Haven't seen anyone else upload a mod using one of these files either. There has to be something wrong with either the game or redelbe that makes the files not load, idk, but I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the compression settings.

37 minutes ago, jibril31 said:

I’d like to do it but I don’t know what file to edit, I’m French!

I know you have to blender, but after...???

Spoiler

1580649715-fichiers.jpg

You need these. Little busy right now and can't help completely

On 4/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, vagonumero13 said:

I will now use this thread to post my tools.

In the future, when an update is released for a tool, I will update the post title to reflect the update date and what was updated.

REDELBE (current version 2.1)

Note: the "unavailable" in download is an old version (0.9) that got stuck. Download always the latest version (shown above), that should be fine.

This tool allow you to modify files in the rdbs... without actually touching the rdb's at all.

It now also allows for new costumes and hairs mods (Modders: please read the file "Readme (for modders).txt" and download the "Layer2 sample mods" to know about how to make new costume/hair.

(I forgot to say in the readme for modders, but don't put any non-ascii char in your mod folder or it won't work properly).

Installation: copy the dinput8.dll file and REDELBE directory to where the game is installed.

Known issues:

- Currently there are problems if both player 1 and player 2 use a variant of the same outfit (this applies only when using layer2 mods). This usually happen when player1 and player2 use same character, same outfit, the player2 outfit may not get updated in such cases, and in battle it would use the same variant than player 1.

g1mtools (current version 1.0)

This is a set of several tools: g1m_export, g1m_import, g1m_hide, g1m2fbx, g1m_bonetool and g1a2fbx.

g1m_export: it is exactly the "g1m_test" that I released some days ago, but renamed. It will export .g1m files into the ib/.vb format used by 3DMigoto. Use the ausgeek' blender import script from here to load these files into blender. (Note: the current versions of the python script can load multiple files at once, a feature you probably want to use). 

Usage: drag and drop a g1m file and it will generate a folder with each of the meshes in the .vb/.ib format. Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will search all of the .g1m files there and export them in subfolders (useful to export all of the games meshes at once).

g1m_import: this tool allows to perform the opposite operatin to above, import .vb/.ib files into .g1m files. (Note: currently the tool ignores the .fmt file, and assumes the vertex and index format is the same that the one in the .g1m, I will fix that in the future).

Usage: Put your vb/ib files in a folder with the same name that the g1m file (but without the extension). Name your ib/vb files like this: "0.vb", "0.ib", "1.vb", "1.ib", etc, where the number, is the index of the mesh to modify. Drag and drop the .g1m file  into the program, and it will update the meshes that had a matching .vb/.ib file.

g1m_hide: this tools allows you to hide a mesh from a g1m file (will only affect the game, it doesn't affect g1m_export).

Usage: drag and drop the .g1m file. Now the program will ask you to input the index of the mesh(es) to remove. You can enter multiple indexes at once by separating them by comma.

g1m2fbx: As you can deduce from the name, it exports a g1m to a fbx file. Only for visualizing, don't expect me to create the opposite tool (fbx2g1m), because that is veeeeery unlikely to happen.

Usage : 

- Drag and drop a g1m file, and it will generate a single .fbx file. 

- Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will scan the folder for .g1m files, create a subfolder there called "FBX", and it will put there all the .fbx.

g1m_bonetool: This tool allows to copy a bone from one g1m to another one.

Usage:

- Start the program without any dragging

- Follow on screen instructions (first drag and drop destination g1m, then the source g1m, and finally inptu either a bone name or a numeric bone id).

- The program will proceed to do the bone copy. If the bone has any parent/ancestor that doesn't exist in destination file, those will be copied too recursively (any bones that were copied will be printed on screen).

Alternatively, if you start the program by dragging a g1m file to it, that file will be assumed to be the destination, and the program will only ask for the source file and the bone name/ID.

Recommendations:

- This is obvious, but when possible, try the copy from another costume of the same char. If that is not possible because no costume of that char has the desired bone, then proceed to use a costume of a character with similar characteristics. You probably won't want to copy a bone from Bass to Marie Rose...

- if you are working with destructable costumes, I recomend t oadd the bones to both the destructible and non dstructible costumes

g1a2fbx: This tool exports a fbx file from a g1a+g1m file.

Usage:

- Start the program without any dragging

- Follow on screen instruction (first drag and drop a g1a file, then a g1m file, and finally choose interpolation mode).

- The .fbx will be saved with same name than g1a but with .fbx extension.

fbx2g1a: This tool exports a g1a file from a fbx+g1m file.

Usage:

- Start the program without any dragging.

- Follow on screen instruction (first drag and drop a fbx file, then a g1m file.

- The .g1a will be saved with same name than fbx but with .fbx extension.

rdbtool (current version: 2.1)

Usage: now rdbtool comes with a gui version (qrdbtool). Usage is self-explanatory.

doa6decsave.zip 586.37 kB · 4,409 downloads

Layer2 sample mods_0.2.zip 21.94 MB · 4,977 downloads

REDELBE_0.9.zipUnavailable Layer2 sample stage mods.zip 163.09 kB · 1,714 downloads

SRSxtool_0.3.zip 596.56 kB · 1,524 downloads

g1mtools_1.0.zip 14.66 MB · 602 downloads

rdbtool_2.1.zip 21.38 MB · 701 downloads REDELBE_2.1.zip 850.23 kB · 1,776 downloads fid_utility_0.3.zip 618.17 kB · 183 downloads

On 3/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, gatto tom said:

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 PC: Amazing Mods [VIDEO]

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 PC: Amazing Mods 2 [VIDEO]

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 PC: Destructible Mods | Amazing Mods 3 [VIDEO]

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 PC: Recolored Costumes Mod Pack Trailer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOA TOOL has been released!

Info and download HERE!

3DMigoto is available for DOA6 Info and Download here!

Link Data Tool: for converting textures from .g1t to .dds

Download here!

New Tools here!

DOA6 Soft Body Mesh Editing Plug-in for blender here!

NEW Improved version of Soft Body Mesh Plug-in for blender here!

53 minutes ago, jibril31 said:

Someone Can Create Android 18 - Nico?

1580586682-android18-deadoralive6.jpg

Plus your request is complex it looks like. I'm learning how to UV map now, and it looks like someone has to practically make a new outfit or port 18's outfit from DBXV2 or DragonBall FighterZ to DoA6, then rescale it to Nico's body type. A lot of re-texturing, a lot of remodeling, you have to modify Tina's hair (hers hair is the closest thing), a lot of stuff.

rdbtool & g1mtools (current version 1.0)

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=836552

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=844770

19 minutes ago, jibril31 said:

thank you for your answer, I use a translator to read your messages .. I will start on mods already created ..
just explain to me how to edit suit and hair files with blender .. because with all the programs i get lost.

thank you

Spoiler

1580653808-fichier22.jpg