Blender pluggin -- tools to fix sofbody gaps

This is a blender plugin to help modder to fix the gaps in between softbody mesh and normal surrounding mesh. 

*IMPORTANT" : It needs Augsgeek's "blender_3dmigoto.py" plugin to work. 

"doa6_softbody_GridWeight.py" is tested in Blender 2.79

"doa6_softbody_GridWeight_28.py" is tested in Blender 2.82

The theory is that every vertices in softbody mesh has a field "SAMPLE" in its vertex data layout.  Augsgeek's plugin read in the data as "unhandled" layer. This plugin is to convert the data to/from a bone weight vertex group so that you can change the data. When the field is set to 1, the softbody effect will be disabled for that vertex however, it will still be pulled by other vertices nearby, so nearby vertices need to have a smooth setting around 0.5. Anyway, we can use the tool to check how the official mesh configure the field and copy the settings, as shown in the following video clip:

I am too lazy to write a detail tutorial. Just follow the video and post questions when you have one.

For Blender 2.82, you need to switch to "Object mode" and the tools are in the "Object" menu tag.

doa6_softbody_GridWeight.py doa6_softbody_GridWeight_28.py

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

At 2:00 in your video, what did you do to also select the additional vertices in that moment so you could deselect the group and still have those parts highlighted so you could use the smooth weight thing? I'm stuck at this part and the smoothing doesn't go right

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 8:09 PM, Lovre said:

At 2:00 in your video, what did you do to also select the additional vertices in that moment so you could deselect the group and still have those parts highlighted so you could use the smooth weight thing? I'm stuck at this part and the smoothing doesn't go right

Did you every figure this out because I ran into the same problem?

Nevermind I figure it out it was crtl numpad +

Edited by numberofthedevil
  • 3 weeks later...