I'm having trouble with transferring quests. I've checked the json file, it has information on the quest/queststages that I assume it exported correctly. However, once I import the quest it doesn't import any quests, it's always 0 quest imported.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:46 AM, Inte said:

Oh sure, go ahead. :classic_happy:

Turns out it is probably not the setVehicle... (edit for posterity it was the SetVehicle that causes camera spin glitch in VR)

I found this older post and tested several of these:

I tried SetVehicle(None) in xpoMainScr

I have set
MiscUtil.SetFreeCameraState in xpoPatchesMain
to disabled

and commented out
ForceThirdPerson in xpoDynJailVars, xpopArrest_SF_Regular, xpopArrest_SF_Sub, & xpopPunish_SF_PunisHer

The only SetDontMove(True) I found was in relation to a follower

Any other suggestions?

Surely with how familiar you are with the mod you could pin point this faster than I can. I can't find the what is causing the camera spin in VR.  
When the Jail Master comes to open the cell he says "get down prisoner" then the spin happens.
The punishment begins and the spin stops. Then after the punishment it begins again.

I am stuck and my head is spinning... in VR and real life :(

7 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

Turns out it is probably not the setVehicle...

Bummer... :classic_sad:

7 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

Any other suggestions?

The SetVehicle() for POP and all my mods is in SUM.

In iSUmMain script in a function called PinActor(). 

12 hours ago, Inte said:

Bummer... :classic_sad:

The SetVehicle() for POP and all my mods is in SUM.

In iSUmMain script in a function called PinActor(). 

Sweet baby juarl balguf... that was it!  No SPIN. Praise be to Talos!  The following edit was to the PinActor() in SUM 160. I modified it as follows:

Spoiler

Function PinActor(Actor akActor, INT iPin = 2, ObjectReference orPin = None)
    If (iPin > 0)
        If (!orPin)
            orPin = (StorageUtil.GetFormValue(akActor, "iSUmPosePin", None) AS ObjectReference)
                If (!orPin)
                    orPin = akActor.PlaceAtMe(akFormToPlace = iSUmPoseMarker, aiCount = 1, abForcePersist = True, abInitiallyDisabled = False)
                    StorageUtil.SetFormValue(akActor, "iSUmPosePin", orPin)
                EndIf
            orPin.MoveTo(akActor)
            orPin.SetAngle(0.0, 0.0, akActor.GetAngleZ())
        EndIf
        If (iPin > 1)
            If (akActor == PlayerRef)
                DelayDisControls(akActor, iDelay = 0, bDisable = True)
            Else
                akActor.SetDontMove(True)
                akActor.SetRestrained(True)
            EndIf
        EndIf
        akActor.AddPerk(iSUmPerkPosed)
;        akActor.SetVehicle(orPin)
    Else
        akActor.SetVehicle(None)
        akActor.RemovePerk(iSUmPerkPosed)
            If (akActor == PlayerRef)
                DelayDisControls(akActor, iDelay = 0, bDisable = False)
            Else
                akActor.SetDontMove(False)
                akActor.SetRestrained(False)
            EndIf
            If (!orPin)
                orPin = (StorageUtil.GetFormValue(akActor, "iSUmPosePin", None) AS ObjectReference)
                If (orPin)
                    orPin.Delete()
                    StorageUtil.UnSetFormValue(akActor, "iSUmPosePin")
                EndIf
            EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunction

None of the above edits to POP from post (#328)  were necessary.

Honestly,  you nailed it with the PinActor().  I didn't think to look to SUM for the issue.  You have no idea how central POP is to my game play.  The random bounty is the linchpin that keeps me honed on maximum efficiency in order to stay ahead of the ever inflating crime gold bounties in each hold.  I was about to quit skyrim if I couldn't get POP to work.

Do you mind if I post it as a patch for the VR community or would you want to incorporate it with a VR bool and MCM toggle for the main SUM file?

PS: I noticed that the SUM 161 "release all" function does not stop the spin in POP.  The SUM 160 does. Perhaps there was a change between the 161 and 160? 

Honestly, thanks again!

On 4/17/2021 at 11:29 AM, JayDrizzle said:

Do you mind if I post it as a patch for the VR community

No, go ahead.

I noticed that the SUM 161 "release all" function does not stop the spin in POP.  The SUM 160 does. Perhaps there was a change between the 161 and 160? 

Strange, there is no change between the two versions.

Honestly, thanks again!

You are welcome. :classic_happy: 

Edit: Okay, I somehow did it. This feature is amazing! It saved me so much trouble! Still not sure how I did it exactly tho. xD

Hello... I have to start a new game, but want to give my PC his inventory back. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. It always says NULL instead of my PC name. Can someone tell me how to do this? I checked the "process inventory" box and tried to save it, giving the file a name like "Gabriels Inventory", but there was no file like that when I tried to load it into my new game. I don't know how I can select my own PC - if this is nessecary. I don't have a "select actor hotkey"...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Since I have UIE installed already, your instructions tell me to install the latest ‘SUM - UIE Patch’ . However, I cannot find a SE patch in the download section of this mod, only a LE patch. Do I use that one instead on my SE version? Or does the SE version of SUM not need to be patched to work together with UIE? As you can tell I am a bit confused.

9 hours ago, Miller826 said:

Hey there. Since I have UIE installed already, your instructions tell me to install the latest ‘SUM - UIE Patch’ . However, I cannot find a SE patch in the download section of this mod, only a LE patch. Do I use that one instead on my SE version? Or does the SE version of SUM not need to be patched to work together with UIE? As you can tell I am a bit confused.

The UIE patch is included in the SE version.

Where do custom outfits get saved to? I had a hell of a time figuring out how to target the PC (lol), but I finally got it figured so I could save her current outfit (in hopes of preventing POP from stripping it), but does this mod not save it to a physical file (such as a json)? I'm using MO2, and there's nothing in my overwrite folder.

2 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Where do custom outfits get saved to? I had a hell of a time figuring out how to target the PC (lol), but I finally got it figured so I could save her current outfit (in hopes of preventing POP from stripping it), but does this mod not save it to a physical file (such as a json)? I'm using MO2, and there's nothing in my overwrite folder.

SUM includes its own .json files. Perhaps SUM saves the changes back to its own existing .json files rather than creating new files?

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

SUM includes its own .json files. Perhaps SUM saves the changes back to its own existing .json files rather than creating new files?

I thought that might be the case, but I didn't see any apparent changes made to the included json files, so I don't even know if I saved the outfits correctly, since I haven't gotten arrested yet, lol.

13 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Indeed, I was trying to keep it simple by saving everything into SUM. Each mod's own .json should be saved within that mod's own folder structure. I'll change it for the next SUM, POP, DDe. 

If anyone thought SUM convoluted thus far, just wait and see SUM 2.00 :classic_tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, kapibar said:

@Inte don't know if you're aware of this, but SU's fucking with nightvision option disables it completely.

I was not aware, as I cannot duplicate the problem on my end. Vampire vision works fine with the latest SUM. 

Since you already have SUM installed, why not use its night eye instead?

2 hours ago, Inte said:

I was not aware, as I cannot duplicate the problem on my end. Vampire vision works fine with the latest SUM. 

Since you already have SUM installed, why not use its night eye instead?

I was planning to, but there are few reasons why this would not work.

1) The switching between visions is erratic at best, sometimes takes some time before the nightvision kicks in. For a character build for strategic combat it's a death sentence.
2) The sound is irritating, and SUM sometimes switches vision modes few times in a short span, which really pisses me off.
3) System seems to work only when enabled to all. When the restrictions are in place (Vamps and Were's) it doesn't work at all.
4) In some situations the vision gets stuck in NV mode and there's no way to switch it back to normal beside loading a save.
5) Facelight seems to do a number on this function, even if it's set to mild lighting only.
6) With my enb setting NV alone doesn't seem to cut it anymore. I like my world dark and bleak and the only option to see anything at night is the predator vision.

For the record - I have a separate mod for predator vision which didn't work. I forced its operation by 1) downgrading SUM and 2) purging the save from PV scripts, I have no clue which one did the job, as I was trying to solve a problem and not performing SUM diagnostics.

21 hours ago, kapibar said:

1) The switching between visions is erratic at best, sometimes takes some time before the nightvision kicks in. For a character build for strategic combat it's a death sentence.

If you mean the auto mode, then there are a few things that affect the night eye operation.

Spoiler

01.jpg

In the SUM's MCM 'Skyrim Misc' page there are a bunch of options that can be changed to suit your play style. If the night eye takes too long to kick in, reduce the 'Auto Night Eye On Delay'. 

Or, you can manually turn it on/off. I use a UIE wheel option.

2) The sound is irritating, and SUM sometimes switches vision modes few times in a short span, which really pisses me off.

I can add an MCM option to turn the sound off.

As for the night eye short-cycling you can adjust the 'Auto Night Eye On/Off Delay' in the MCM, see the above SS.

3) System seems to work only when enabled to all. When the restrictions are in place (Vamps and Were's) it doesn't work at all.

Ok, that was a poor choice of words on my part. By 'Vamp' I meant vampire lord form, 'Were' I meant beast form and 'Hum' I meant human form.

4) In some situations the vision gets stuck in NV mode and there's no way to switch it back to normal beside loading a save.

Hmm, I have not noticed this, but you can always switch to manual mode and toggle it a couple of times using your assigned night eye hotkey or the UIE wheel option.

5) Facelight seems to do a number on this function, even if it's set to mild lighting only.

I have no idea what that is.

20 minutes ago, Inte said:
19 hours ago, kapibar said:

Facelight seems to do a number on this function, even if it's set to mild lighting only.

I have no idea what that is.

Face Light (LE) and Face Light SE add a constant light to make the player character's face well-lit.

I do not use Face Light, but I did use a similar mod on LE, Henrys Ring of Light. No SE version AFAIK, and it did not port directly, so I re-created a similar mod for my own use.

Ok, I'll start out by saying I don't use the SUM functions normally, I only have it because of the DDe and POP requirements.

The food/drink lists in POP seem to have been moved to the SUM lists, per the MCM description.

How do I find these lists in SUM? I'd like to see what's in there and maybe edit it. I tried looking in the formlist tab for SUM, but it's confusing and I'm not sure where I would enter the POP food/drink list names to view them. I'm tempted to just find them and edit them manually, but I would like to learn the 'right' way to do this.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

How do I find these lists in SUM? I'd like to see what's in there and maybe edit it.

Have a look here, 

under the Stuff For Players and To Add/Edit Food Items In the POP Food Lists. 

Been awhile since I have used this mod to transfer my characters stats/items over to a new character. I have managed to successfully transfer items,stats and spells...but skills just won't save. Every time I try to save my stats, it says "Done! Proccessed [0] Skills". 

Really not sure what I am doing wrong, because it worked for the items/stats/spells.

1 hour ago, Nohrin said:

Been awhile since I have used this mod to transfer my characters stats/items over to a new character. I have managed to successfully transfer items,stats and spells...but skills just won't save. Every time I try to save my stats, it says "Done! Proccessed [0] Skills". 

Really not sure what I am doing wrong, because it worked for the items/stats/spells.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll have a look-see. 

EDIT: 

OK, it seems that SUM 2 ships with the wrong default stats folder path. 

I'll fix it for the next SUM. 

You can also change it yourself by following these 101 easy steps. 

1. In SUM MCM's 'Stats' page, clear whatever is in the 'Folder Path' and hit enter.
  2. Spoiler

01.jpg

3. Then clear the 'Json Name'.
  4. Spoiler

02.jpg

5. Make sure you can see the 'TransferSkills' list in the stats list bellow. 
  6. Spoiler

03.jpg

101. Done.