Obsidian's New Game 'The Outer Worlds' Official Trailer

Kendo 2

Fps games wear me out for some reason, plus i get quickly bored of them since there are limitations to what you can do with combat in that perspective.

I just cant immagine playing an rpg for hundreds of hours in fp perspective.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Interesting. Since Obsidian was swallowed by Micro$oft, I thought all their games will be XB1 and Win10 (MS Store) exclusives from here on out. I'm glad I was wrong.

This was in the works before and is being published by someone else. Microsoft probably in the future will block Obsidian from Steam and focus on actual Xbox exclusives. Phil seems pretty determined for 9th gen to be Xbox dominated with all these studio buyouts and getting Japanese devs to help with the next Xbox console.

I'm concerned since its Obsidian how stable this will be and also modding potential due to FPS limitation and Unreal Engine 4 usage.

They already compare this to fallout, why does it contain any vats ?? it maybe even better then fallout. only time will tell. this could actually help Obsidian breaking ties from previous game. at least its better then 76 ever be.

The only thing users whould be worriyng is if the game will be moddable or not.

For everyone rooting for Obisidan, you should take a look at this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDN-5QjGGKnQa4Bycmtn3AVtb-c9UfSqPmYQhzHlaVI/edit

This is a collection of Chris Avellone's posts from RPG Codex concerning his 'leave' from Obsidian.

Here's a more condensed article if you don't want to read the source directly: https://techraptor.net/content/chris-avellone-talks-departure-obsidian-entertainment

Maybe Micro$soft is able to beat some sense into Obsidian, maybe not. The first thing they should do is kick out Urquhart, though.

Some of the writers for Outer Words are feminists and SJWs.  Since those types can't NOT push their agenda in any media they have a say-so in the game has the potential to be Star Wars Last Jedi-level fucked.  No longer excited about the game.  Oh well, I'll spend my money on something else.

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Some of the writers for Outer Words are feminists and SJWs.  Since those types can't NOT push their agenda in any media they have a say-so in the game has the potential to be Star Wars Last Jedi-level fucked.  No longer excited about the game.  Oh well, I'll spend my money on something else.

Where did you hear that from? I don't want another ME: Andromeda.

I'm a bit wary of Obsidian. They make great games but they also tend to get overly ambitious and run out of time to finish. Besides FONV, they produced KOTOR 2 which had nearly a fifth of its content cut from the final version after Evil Arts (Bioware, EA, there was no difference even in '04!) forced them to rush it out the door. If TOW isn't self-published then I fear we'll see a repeat of history.

Which, given the current state of open world games, wouldn't be that big of a deal now that I think about it. :classic_unsure:

Archived