9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

That's not what I have in mind for Conditions.

My plan, when I finally stop fiddling about with SLAX, is, in this order:

• min-speed feature
  • more modifiers, covering a few spots that are currently lacking

then, in uncertain order

• integrations with more mods, including needs mods - I might just do iNeed to start with
  • Conditions

What are Conditions?

They are ways to create a derived modifier set that allows you to gate or scale one condition with another...

So you could set a modifier that only applied if breast size is > 3 and wearing heavy armor.

Once Conditions is done, I'll add integrations as an ongoing thing, incrementally adding support for this and that.

I was admittedly a bit confused where you were planning on going with conditions, mostly because there were so many possibilities. I find I will be quite looking forward to that feature when you're ready to release it though, it sounds great!

@Lupine00 Would you consider a manual hotkey trigger for the trip/fall events and its consequences?

Sometime I like to have an event to trigger when I want (and not always at the most inopportune times ? )

and play the naughty "Oh clumsy me, I tripped!"

and deal with all the consequences you get when you do it in the town square ? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, sshar22 said:

@Lupine00 Would you consider a manual hotkey trigger for the trip/fall events and its consequences?

Sometime I like to have an event to trigger when I want (and not always at the most inopportune times ? )

and play the naughty "Oh clumsy me, I tripped!"

and deal with all the consequences you get when you do it in the town square ? 

Cheers

Never had anyone ask for that before ... I guess it might be handy for debugging if you could trigger a selected event.

I'm not promising anything, but it's the sort of thing I could do to avoid real work.

6 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Never had anyone ask for that before ... I guess it might be handy for debugging if you could trigger a selected event.

I'm not promising anything, but it's the sort of thing I could do to avoid real work.

Thankyou for considering it.

While it sure is helpful for debugging, it also helps for the players who like to role-play and not feel like one has to fight the game but to play along and go with the flow.

(SLAdventures has a hotkey for the proximity rape too, works wonders ? )

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect that this is already planned, but I'd like to be able to control arousal modifiers through SL Disparity controls.  For example, some types of armor or devices increasing or decreasing arousal gains or time rate changes. 

I'd also like to be able to apply modifiers to a character after masturbation.  For example, reduce the arousal loss and increase the time rate change, so it's a less effective method of ignoring your needs, and mild penalties to some kind of stats.  SL Disparity doesn't have a way to apply "for a while after" effects right now, though.  If it could apply a debuff after some types of sex acts or events then it would allow for that type of control.

6 hours ago, Bound said:

I keep getting the feeling that SLD might be the way to roll your own Wear and Tear replacement. Can it do that?

No. Not at this point.

It doesn't track the actual W&T...

You can apply a lingering post-rape effect, but there isn't an input tracking any kind of aggregated sexual damage or exhaustion stat.

It's obviously trivial to add something basic along those lines, but I want a more complete solution - something that takes account of creature size, scene length and so on.

Such an input is on my mind, but I don't know when (or if) it will happen.

In terms of "one mod to rule them all" ... that's DCL right? :) 

I do want to make it so that external mods can register into the SLD modification system and apply a modifier set of their own - which would save mods from having to create and test tons of effects and av handling code. SLD would then be like a SLIF of modifier effects, as well as saving effort in other mods. I see it as mainly useful to me, but if others used it that would be effort saved for them.

Hello!  I wanted to report that I'm using Arousal eXtended and Disparity (without Separate Orgasms) and have noticed that the SLD denial value and SLAX "Days since last orgasm" value are not in sync.  SLAX has been accurate.  SLD is ignoring some events, and not reading from SLAX to update.  The last orgasm that desynced them was from Devious Device piercings and plugs bringing about a climax.  SLAX reset, SLD denial continues.  Edit:  Just found the same occurs with orgasms triggered during milking as part of Milk Mod.  SLAX reset the days since last orgasm immediately.  SLD has not reset denial.

5 hours ago, Ethetrix said:

The last orgasm that desynced them was from Devious Device piercings and plugs bringing about a climax.  SLAX reset, SLD denial continues.  Edit:  Just found the same occurs with orgasms triggered during milking as part of Milk Mod.  SLAX reset the days since last orgasm immediately.  SLD has not reset denial.

For DD orgasms I can say that it fires its own orgasm event not the default sexlab one, and it updates SLA(R,X,whatever) on its own.

The solution here would for SLD to look for DDI's "DeviceActorOrgasm" event.

From what I can tell MME also updates the orgasm time on its own, it sends "PlayerOrgasmStart" and "PlayerOrgasmEnd" events when it does so.

8 hours ago, Ethetrix said:

SLD has not reset denial.

Yes. Sorry. I know about these bugs.

The DD issue was raised a long time ago, and the MME variant is essentially the same thing.

Neither of them are using SexLab, and SLD only understands orgasms that come from SexLab right now.

SLD is listening for SexLab events, and DD/MME don't produce them in the way that SLD expects.

I need to add support for their own mod events.

That's pretty easy, it just keeps slipping my mind. Thanks for bringing it up again.

Ok, understood.  I had read the #16 post that said Denial is read from SexLab, but I did not realize it was tracking the actual SexLab events.  I thought since I couldn't find a "days since" value in SexLab, it was being read from SLA(R|X) along with the Arousal values.   Thank you for the clarification and enhanced understanding!

Can someone explain to me how AV debuffs are supposed to work? Like if you have the debuff overall effect at 100% and say Smithing at -20, is that supposed to produce -20% of the base AV or something else? What I'm seeing is one debuff being shown in Magic (i.e. -21%), SLD saying -25 under debug, but a 100% debuff in the actual Skill.

23 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

Can someone explain to me how AV debuffs are supposed to work? Like if you have the debuff overall effect at 100% and say Smithing at -20, is that supposed to produce -20% of the base AV or something else? What I'm seeing is one debuff being shown in Magic (i.e. -21%), SLD saying -25 under debug, but a 100% debuff in the actual Skill.

All buffs are absolute, except for Magicka/Health/Stamina Rate. Those work on the scale explained in the tooltip/info pane at the bottom when you mouse over them.

If you have -21 magicka, it's exactly that, -21 magicka.

The skills may say %, but that's because skills always range from 0 to 100, so are sort-of percentages.

If you have -20% smithing, then it takes 20 off your smithing skill. It's that simple.

However, pay attention to limits.

If you stack togther five different debuffs that add up to -247, but you have a lower limit of -75, then you won't lose more than 75 points.

If you see what you describe: -21 magicka (not rate), and it says -25 under debug, it means you must have another debuff you forgot about somewhere, or you set the column's scale to more than 100%.

So if you set a scale of 200%, that scales all the things in that column by 2, so a -21 because -42. Or if you set it to only 50% then -21 becomes -10.

Every column has a FROM, a TO, and a SCALE, and the scale defaults to ZERO.

And if you have a debuff of -21, and the scale is 100%, and your skill is only 20, then you will lose all your skill, and you won't be able to use the related furniture.

For smithing, alchemy and enchanting, the furniture will throw you out of it, if you have 0 skill.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

All buffs are absolute, except for Magicka/Health/Stamina Rate. Those work on the scale explained in the tooltip/info pane at the bottom when you mouse over them.

Ah! That explains it. I think I know where the -21 is coming from: the actual AV base is 21, so a -25 would bottom out at -21 (i.e. 0).

I'm curious if I've misunderstood how the orgasms / rape while device worn / unworn feature is supposed to work.

As it is now, the Disparity MCM is displaying Worn or Unworn on these two linked to what current devices I'm wearing. So if I've got a collar and my character has had 35 orgasms, it'd say Collar - Orgasms - 35, with Collar - Orgasms (Unworn) - 0. However, in my mind, I'm interpreting the setting as counting orgasms had WHILE wearing collar, not that i've had X orgasms and am currently wearing a collar. 

Is this setting (along with the Rape counter) supposed to be a boolean measurement of wether the device is worn or not, or actually linked to a point gain system on event while wearing the item, which should ignore events where the item is not worn?

22 minutes ago, slicksly said:

I'm curious if I've misunderstood how the orgasms / rape while device worn / unworn feature is supposed to work.

As it is now, the Disparity MCM is displaying Worn or Unworn on these two linked to what current devices I'm wearing. So if I've got a collar and my character has had 35 orgasms, it'd say Collar - Orgasms - 35, with Collar - Orgasms (Unworn) - 0. However, in my mind, I'm interpreting the setting as counting orgasms had WHILE wearing collar, not that i've had X collars and am currently wearing a collar. 

In my original design, unworn counted orgasms while the item was not worn.

On reflection, this was not a useful value to track ... we're always interested in how many you had while it was worn.

So, this is what I actually implemented:

Worn inputs produce a value that is non-zero when the item is worn, and tells us how many orgasms, or how long you wore it, etc.

If the item is not worn, the worn inputs produce zero.

Unworn inputs produce a value that is non-zero when the item is not worn, and tells us how many orgasms, or how long you wore it, etc.

If the items is worn, the unworn inputs produce zero.

They are both effectively the same number when their worn/unworn condition is true.

• If you had 5 orgasms while wearing a collar.
  • If you are wearing a collar, then Orgasms  will have a value of 5 when you're wearing a collar, zero otherwise (it simply isn't applied).
  • In contrast, (Unworn) Orgasms  will have a value of 5 when you're NOT wearing a collar, zero otherwise (it simply isn't applied).

This allows you to set up inputs that punish or reward based on whether you are wearing the item, or not wearing it.

Addiction always applies to a worn condition.

Withdrawal always applies to an unworn condition.

For example, you can set up an input that will harshly punish your speech, the longer you wear an armbinder.

You select Armbinder on the left, and on the right select Worn - it's the default anyway.

For each hour you wear it, you want -3 penalty, up to a limit of -99.

So, you set the left column scale to 100%

You set the left column start value to 1 hour.

You set the left column end value to 33 hours.

You set the left column value for Speech to -99.

If you wear the arm binder for 8 hours, you should get -24 speech.

If you wanted something a bit more sophisticated, like a penalty for wearing that lingers after removal you need to use multiple modifier types.

Use Worn to generate the basic accumulating penalty and Unworn for to generate a penalty after you remove the item.

If you set the Unworn for From value to 6.0 and the To value to 0.0 then the penalty will be at its full value at 0 hours of being unworn and gradually decrease over time until it vanishes at 6 hours unworn.

Note that there will be no penalty from Unworn for if the item is worn, even though the Unworn for is 0.

That little feature was added to make things easier to set up, and is related to the 'zero otherwise' effect.

This was added on Zaflis suggestion to make it so modifiers you wouldn't expect to be triggering don't cause surprise (but mathematically correct) effects.

I think (if you end up working on integrating with other mods) it would be cool to use the factions .

For example:  If breast size > 4 --> add to faction "Scent of Sex Group 1"  (and if <4 remove from faction) , then I could have custom rules in Scent of Sex to deal with this faction.

Something similar for movement speed and "Scent of Sex Group 2" could trigger a different set of possible sex rules..   Or any function in your mod that would allow an existing faction to be set/unset (not specific to any specific mod) could be accommodated in SSX rules.   If you were thinking that conditions would lead to sex consequences this would be an easy way to achieve that.

2 hours ago, rjn said:

I think (if you end up working on integrating with other mods) it would be cool to use the factions .

I have a faction plan for SLAX, but the idea of letting the player add custom factions by entering the name is feasible.

It won't happen until after some other stuff.

A long way away right now.

Hi there,

Really like this mod, adds some more flair to items!

I had a question about addiction/withdrawal though, I am unsure if I understand it correctly.

I'm guessing that if you wear a tagged item it starts generating addiction points (it's not clear to me how those are generated, is it x/hour or did I overlook a setting somewhere?)

Now if you would stop wearing that item and want withdrawal, do I understand it right that the moment you stop wearing it, you start generating points for withdrawal, then when withdrawal == addiction they both reset?

I'm not quite sure how that part works :)

Also, I noticed there are tags for say "Chastity belt", "Chastity belt - Open" and ""Chastity belt - Padded", Considering the lay-out, I guess that the first options works for all subtypes?

im currently trying this out as i found it more suited to my playstyle then sexlab survival but damn... there are so many sliders and values that im currently overwhelmed.

its making my head spin and i dont even know where to start

Edit: ok it wasnt that hard to figure out i just had to pick one setting to start with and then go down as i finish each one and since i dont use scaling  or expansion of the body half of the menus are reduntant for me witch makes it so much easier

Edit 2: i just have a question some of the sliders are set to -800 even thought the description says the lowest it can be is -100%

i dont get it, so does -1000 equals -100% ?