7 hours ago, Xenoramos said:

Hello!

After some talk in the DD's support topic and then doing manual testing, I managed to find out that Devious Lore replaces vanilla weapon swing (when PC is gagged) breath\voice with DD's gag talk voice. So I am curious, is there any way to disable that feature?

I'm currently playing with dagger as my weapon, so attack speed is very high, and hearing overlapping gagged voice every time I strike becomes a bit annoying. Furthermore, that sounds is NOT affected by "voice" or "gag" settings under Audio category.

I've looked through MCM, but have not find the option to disable that change.

Yes, I know it's kinda logical that gagged character should not have regular sounds when have a gag on, but it really become distracting very quickly, considering it's pretty loud too.

Other than that I really love the mod, thank you for making it and have a good day!

Yeah...I don't know what 'testing' you did but this mod definitely doesn't touch sound effects in any way.

1 minute ago, Code Serpent said:

Yeah...I don't know what 'testing' you did but this mod definitely doesn't touch sound effects in any way.

That is odd, since only with that mod striking sounds are changed. No matter where in load order it is located. If I disable it - sounds come back to vanilla.

That is very odd issue then, can't imagine how can mod conflict or anything else cause it, I was really sure it is a feature.. 

But yep, you are correct in putting my "testing" in such quote marks, as I really am a noob in that thing, sorry if I did sound somewhat too confident in it and\or if I offended you

5 minutes ago, Xenoramos said:

That is odd, since only with that mod striking sounds are changed. No matter where in load order it is located. If I disable it - sounds come back to vanilla.

That is very odd issue then, can't imagine how can mod conflict or anything else cause it, I was really sure it is a feature.. 

But yep, you are correct in putting my "testing" in such quote marks, as I really am a noob in that thing, sorry if I did sound somewhat too confident in it and\or if I offended you

Hmm, I looked back on your comments from the support thread, and it looks like you've already eliminated Devious Sounds as a cause, which would've been my first guess. I'll see if I can reproduce this later today.

And my 'testing' comment was a little out of line. But, if your testing was just taking your normal save, removing mods one by one, then reloading the game and skipping past the error messages, what you're more likely to do is just break things rather than test features. So it's entirely possible that disabling Devious Lore caused the real culprit to stop working.

What you should do instead is make a new test save with an alternative start mod, and with as few mods loaded as possible. Then slowly add more mods.

46 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Hmm, I looked back on your comments from the support thread, and it looks like you've already eliminated Devious Sounds as a cause, which would've been my first guess. I'll see if I can reproduce this later today.

And my 'testing' comment was a little out of line. But, if your testing was just taking your normal save, removing mods one by one, then reloading the game and skipping past the error messages, what you're more likely to do is just break things rather than test features. So it's entirely possible that disabling Devious Lore caused the real culprit to stop working.

What you should do instead is make a new test save with an alternative start mod, and with as few mods loaded as possible. Then slowly add more mods.

Alright, I will try to do it with a new save, will post my results later, when will be done with that tests with adding mods one by one on a new save.

p.s.

I've did some test on brand new save, at first I have started it with the most basic set of mods, (basically SL, SLA, 4 of DD's components, SkyUI and LAL). It was working by "vanilla" way, when I attack with dagger - regular breath\voice comes from the gagged character.

Then I have added only Devious Lore - and then it already appears, when using dagger DD's gag-talk voice comes out with every hit. On that save no other mod have ever been installed, here's current load order which already gives that gag-talk voice on attack for me.

Spoiler

image.png.3d338986bfb28b92be31a0450ae5a63f.png

Edited by Xenoramos
5 hours ago, Xenoramos said:

I've did some test on brand new save, at first I have started it with the most basic set of mods, (basically SL, SLA, 4 of DD's components, SkyUI and LAL). It was working by "vanilla" way, when I attack with dagger - regular breath\voice comes from the gagged character.

Then I have added only Devious Lore - and then it already appears, when using dagger DD's gag-talk voice comes out with every hit. On that save no other mod have ever been installed, here's current load order which already gives that gag-talk voice on attack for me.

Ok, I found the cause. I completely forgot I added this, but I added 'dialogue' options to most of the 'misc' dialogue events, like the comments NPCs make when you run into them or while fighting with them, so gagged npcs would make the gag noise instead of saying their regular barks. I wasn't aware this also affected players. I'll see about posting a patch here to disable it for players, and I'll add an option for it in the next version.

5 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Ok, I found the cause. I completely forgot I added this, but I added 'dialogue' options to most of the 'misc' dialogue events, like the comments NPCs make when you run into them or while fighting with them, so gagged npcs would make the gag noise instead of saying their regular barks. I wasn't aware this also affected players. I'll see about posting a patch here to disable it for players, and I'll add an option for it in the next version.

Thank you (=^__^=)

18 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Just a suggestion, but rather than an on/off choice, a configurable percent chance would accomplish the same thing and more.  For example, the player with a fast-swinging dagger wouldn't want the gagged moan every swing, but a 10% or 15% chance would still have the effect without having it be so repetitive.  It looks like all of this is routed through the mod's _DL_DialogueGagged script, so a random check there could produce the gagged moan or silence, all in just one place for attacking, blocking, and other combat barks.  Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, Xenoramos said:

Thank you (=^__^=)

Ok, I had a lot more difficulty with this than I expected, since I re-did the dialogue scripts just to clean up that part of the mod and the moan sounds stopped working? I don't know how since the code looks identical before and after. This might be due to my individual installation, idk. So, at the moment the only change with this last update is I removed the moan sounds from Weapon Swing and Spell Casting dialogue events. All other misc dialogue events should still have moan sounds, since they're mostly NPC comments anyway.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Just a suggestion, but rather than an on/off choice, a configurable percent chance would accomplish the same thing and more.  For example, the player with a fast-swinging dagger wouldn't want the gagged moan every swing, but a 10% or 15% chance would still have the effect without having it be so repetitive.  It looks like all of this is routed through the mod's _DL_DialogueGagged script, so a random check there could produce the gagged moan or silence, all in just one place for attacking, blocking, and other combat barks.  Just an idea.

This is a good idea and I was planning on implementing it, but I had some issues I described above. If I can figure out what's causing them I'll try to implement this in the next version.

4 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Ok, I had a lot more difficulty with this than I expected, since I re-did the dialogue scripts just to clean up that part of the mod and the moan sounds stopped working? I don't know how since the code looks identical before and after. This might be due to my individual installation, idk. So, at the moment the only change with this last update is I removed the moan sounds from Weapon Swing and Spell Casting dialogue events. All other misc dialogue events should still have moan sounds, since they're mostly NPC comments anyway.

Thank you very much, tested it - works as described, no moan sounds on weapon swing (=^__^=)

Stamina cap works as intended after the escape minigame but the magicka cap doesn't seem to work as my magicka keeps regenerating all the way to 100 even though the soft cap says 4.

I also seem to be able to get a befriended npc to open an unlimited number of packages that I do have in my inventory.

Edited by vincent_76849
2 hours ago, flobalob said:

I have been playing the mod for quite a while now but despite that I have been unable to locate Llathesi and Mirtrienne. Its always the others who come up when I enquire in the inns about odd looking characters. How do I find these two?

If you have found and opened Dwarven Vials and Old Grimoires, just reload upon entering the tavern until you get the reslut you're looking for.

Hey.  Just checking something.

I was using nomkaz's conversion at SSE side. I am unsure if the problem comes from the conversion or from the original mod.

When running DynDOLOD I go 153 "Internal File FormID Is A HITME" errors.

I do not usually pay too much attention to every single error DynDOLOD gives, but this isn't something I could pass without concern.

Are you guys seeing the same with DynDOLOD, or is this something we see only at SSE side?

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

10 hours ago, Morferous said:

When running DynDOLOD I go 153 "Internal File FormID Is A HITME" errors.

I use DynDOLOD on LE and I haven't noticed this error, though I haven't had to regenerate my lod files in a while so I might have just missed it. Can you tell me what FormID was causing this error?

13 hours ago, Morferous said:

Are you guys seeing the same with DynDOLOD, or is this something we see only at SSE side?

Open the esp with xEdit, marvel at the Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 4427, Errors found: 4280, Elapsed Time: 00:04*

?

Re-save the esp with xEdit, that should clear it up.

* - that was for the 3.0.1 SE version, though, haven't tried the new one yet.

Edited by krzp
13 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I use DynDOLOD on LE and I haven't noticed this error, though I haven't had to regenerate my lod files in a while so I might have just missed it. Can you tell me what FormID was causing this error?

Looks like new SSE version was posted recently. I have to run DynDOLOD again anyway, so I'll check if those still appear and which form ID was causing the error.

12 hours ago, krzp said:

Open the esp with xEdit, marvel at the Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 4427, Errors found: 4280, Elapsed Time: 00:04*

?

Re-save the esp with xEdit, that should clear it up.

* - that was for the 3.0.1 SE version, though, haven't tried the new one yet.

Yeah... Okay. Apparently there were some issues, at least in previous release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm dumb! Whenever I open crates, urnes, read grimoires, they only undress me but don't lock anything on me anymore.

Why could that be?

EDIT: Found the reason why. It does lock shit on me, the problem is that it's invisible and turbo bugged. I cannot physically remove it, not even via debug menu or skeleton key. Smiths recognize the items I'M wearing and offer to remove them, but fail to do so. Just nothing happens, they don't take any gold.

Hm....

Edited by Ionenschatten
13 hours ago, Ionenschatten said:

I'm dumb! Whenever I open crates, urnes, read grimoires, they only undress me but don't lock anything on me anymore.

Why could that be?

EDIT: Found the reason why. It does lock shit on me, the problem is that it's invisible and turbo bugged. I cannot physically remove it, not even via debug menu or skeleton key. Smiths recognize the items I'M wearing and offer to remove them, but fail to do so. Just nothing happens, they don't take any gold.

Invisible items are caused by not running Bodyslide. Do you have DD 5.2 installed, and is it working w/o Devious Lore?

Skeleton Key is an unfortunate name choice. If you mean the Thieves Guild's one, of course it cannot, but the DL ones should. Script lag due to overlarge modlist? Or are you wearing quest items from Cursed Loot or one of the Lore Mongers? Those can and should not be removed by yourself. (Unforgiving Devices might interfere too, I'm not using that mod.)

Removing Devices via console needs a bit of fiddling, as you have to find and remove the lock first. Not going to explain that here, you need to have your installation fixed.