Sorry if this has been answered before, tried to search with no luck. Apropos seems to occasionally wipe all Racemenu and Slavetat overlays from my characters.  I'll notice it typically when W&T heals to stage 0. Once it has done that, the next time wear or a healing period is applied all overlays are removed. Even saw it remove a Rape Tat immediately after it was added. Dirt from Bathing in Skyrim too. 

Similarly, the SexLab widgets mod has also occasionally failed to retrieve W&T values from the player after getting to stage 0 and regaining wear. Wondered if those two are related. Maybe Apropos losing track of the player alias for some reason, making a new one, removing all overlays because it believes the player should have none. 

I don't know if this would solve the issue but you might try increasing the number of bodypaint slots for racemenu. the default is 6, but I know that between my SLACS texutures, and tatoos & Apropos textures they can get overwritten by each other.

It's in

SKSE>Plugins>skee64.ini

where in the Overlays section you'll find

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=8 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=8 ; Default[1]
Edited by Szlordrin

Hey Gopher, and or Apropos2 Community

I have a question about character limit. I've been looking in the config file for where that is changed and updated & I can't seem to determine where to change that. Conventional wisdom would suggest here, but after changing the values, saving the file I see no change in the MCM or statically. Any suggestions on how where else I woould need to change that. Is it something more complex. I couldn't get into the actual .pex files for editing thats out of my depth. But I thought if you had the time & know-how you could advise.
image.png.9b72bba3cd9c739188ba9b46fd4882c8.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a weird problem regarding unique animation descriptions. While they run fine, it appears they never seem to take their unique Orgasm description files. They seem to take the general orgasm descriptions. Should I be renaming the unique animation orgasm descriptions to their last stage numbers instead (never tried it)?

First... What is the format of the Orgasm text file?
Second did you run it through Json Validator for errors?
image.png.0393c2b1efe9190950d30740ebe46a67.png

Formatting should look like this, where the unique name of the animation is between FemaleActor_UniqueName_StageX or in your case FemaleActor_UniqueName_Orgasm
my guess is you missed a comma, or something. go here copy and paste your whole text file contents into https://jsonlint.com/ & then click validate... should point out where the error is. If not. Upload the folder you're having trouble with, and i'll try to get it to work on my machine, and see if I can figure it out.

Also... this one is a sleeper, if you made modifications to the synonyms list, and there is an error there, you might run that through Jsonlint.com too. Sometimes i'll make modifications, and miss a comma, and i'll be testing out a specific animation text, and can't figure out whats wrong with the animation text files. It never fails that I have broken something on the synonym list... takes me about 30 minutes be being a dummy to remember it everytime too.

Edited by Szlordrin
6 hours ago, Szlordrin said:

First... What is the format of the Orgasm text file?
Second did you run it through Json Validator for errors?
image.png.0393c2b1efe9190950d30740ebe46a67.png

Formatting should look like this, where the unique name of the animation is between FemaleActor_UniqueName_StageX or in your case FemaleActor_UniqueName_Orgasm
my guess is you missed a comma, or something. go here copy and paste your whole text file contents into https://jsonlint.com/ & then click validate... should point out where the error is. If not. Upload the folder you're having trouble with, and i'll try to get it to work on my machine, and see if I can figure it out.

Also... this one is a sleeper, if you made modifications to the synonyms list, and there is an error there, you might run that through Jsonlint.com too. Sometimes i'll make modifications, and miss a comma, and i'll be testing out a specific animation text, and can't figure out whats wrong with the animation text files. It never fails that I have broken something on the synonym list... takes me about 30 minutes be being a dummy to remember it everytime too.

If it were a filename naming mistake, not all unique orgasm descriptions would have failed to present, plus, my start point to create unique descriptions are to use the original Apropos description files anyway and start from there. On the matter of the descriptions themselves, ran it through the JSON Validator, no errors on stated or the suggested control files.

It may be worthwhile to note that as a Male player character, I primarily create MaleActor descriptions, and they do play the appropriate MaleActor descriptions, just not the unique Orgasm ones. In fact, during even general description orgasms, I noticed there's a tendency to use the Stage 1 descriptions, and then Orgasm descriptions (does it have to do with the Apropos change animation description setting?).

The most simplest unique Apropos descriptions that I have to test this problem with are the 3p,4p,5p descriptions, as they are currently short and different enough from the 2p uniques that I have, since the 2ps uniques get redundant lines from the general descriptions that I used.

Edited by hotrack
19 hours ago, hotrack said:

If it were a filename naming mistake, not all unique orgasm descriptions would have failed to present, plus, my start point to create unique descriptions are to use the original Apropos description files anyway and start from there. On the matter of the descriptions themselves, ran it through the JSON Validator, no errors on stated or the suggested control files.

It may be worthwhile to note that as a Male player character, I primarily create MaleActor descriptions, and they do play the appropriate MaleActor descriptions, just not the unique Orgasm ones. In fact, during even general description orgasms, I noticed there's a tendency to use the Stage 1 descriptions, and then Orgasm descriptions (does it have to do with the Apropos change animation description setting?).

The most simplest unique Apropos descriptions that I have to test this problem with are the 3p,4p,5p descriptions, as they are currently short and different enough from the 2p uniques that I have, since the 2ps uniques get redundant lines from the general descriptions that I used.

So it vaguely sounds similar to some of the problems I had when I had SLSO SE installed. Are you using that mod? If so, I couldn't get it to work right. It made apropos behave in all sorts of werid ways. I was getting two messages per stage, orgasm wouldn't play, or would play over and over again. Tried everything, and even ended up having to uninstall both and install a clean apropos2

Do you have the debug to console setting enabled in the MCM. If so whats it read when it plays the orgasm stage in console (hit the ` key to open console when it plays).

Also you said it's only happening on unique animations. Run the unique animations .txt file through Jsonlint tool and check for errors. I can't imagine thats the issue, but I've talked myself out of solutions before, and gone back hours later, and regretted not checking the very unlikelys first.

Under events and messages < Timed messages < turn that to disabled. I had issues with that after a recent patch where it would play two scenes at once.

This is probably a no-brainer too, but did you go to Message preferences < and hit refresh after updating your text files? if you didn't do that first and try again.

1 hour ago, Szlordrin said:

So it vaguely sounds similar to some of the problems I had when I had SLSO SE installed. Are you using that mod? If so, I couldn't get it to work right. It made apropos behave in all sorts of werid ways. I was getting two messages per stage, orgasm wouldn't play, or would play over and over again. Tried everything, and even ended up having to uninstall both and install a clean apropos2

Do you have the debug to console setting enabled in the MCM. If so whats it read when it plays the orgasm stage in console (hit the ` key to open console when it plays).

Also you said it's only happening on unique animations. Run the unique animations .txt file through Jsonlint tool and check for errors. I can't imagine thats the issue, but I've talked myself out of solutions before, and gone back hours later, and regretted not checking the very unlikelys first.

Under events and messages < Timed messages < turn that to disabled. I had issues with that after a recent patch where it would play two scenes at once.

This is probably a no-brainer too, but did you go to Message preferences < and hit refresh after updating your text files? if you didn't do that first and try again.

I don't use SLSO. Debug setting and output to console is default, so while I do read it from time to time for some other reasons, I've never specifically looked at it during unique orgasms. Will do next time.

As I said on control files, have validated them. And refreshed them (I generally do refresh them when making changes, after some experiences with unloaded descriptions).

There is something else I do notice. As I now use SexLab's default timers, Apropos are losing their {values} at times, unlike when I doubled the SL stage timers, but I'm guessing my load is script-heavy anyway, and Apropos couldn't keep up with the stage changes. I'll probably try tinkering with the other settings to see.

On 5/31/2022 at 4:42 PM, hotrack said:

I have a weird problem regarding unique animation descriptions. While they run fine, it appears they never seem to take their unique Orgasm description files. They seem to take the general orgasm descriptions. Should I be renaming the unique animation orgasm descriptions to their last stage numbers instead (never tried it)?

Welp. Finally got round to testing Billys 5p MMMMF Gangbang description by making the Orgasm description as a stage_numbered description. And so NOW it works. Looks like for unique animation orgasm descriptions, it specifically follows the animation stage number to the last, or else it takes the general Orgasm descriptions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, dbs156 said:

Any alternatives for SSE?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/136768-apropos-2-for-sse/?do=findComment&comment=3156530

A question, more of a whim, really. Id like to have a magic effect heal W&T. Then can be strapped onto spells, enchantments, set bonuses etc. Integration.

Anyhow, how one would go about it, assuming he knew what he was doing?

Making consumable heal those is made easy enough, but how to make a spell do the same thing, possibly - over time?

2 minutes ago, nilead said:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/136768-apropos-2-for-sse/?do=findComment&comment=3156530

A question, more of a whim, really. Id like to have a magic effect heal W&T. Then can be strapped onto spells, enchantments, set bonuses etc. Integration.

Anyhow, how one would go about it, assuming he knew what he was doing?

Making consumable heal those is made easy enough, but how to make a spell do the same thing, possibly - over time?

Yes I tried that but it doesn't work for me. The mod is there in MCM but has no effect.

7 hours ago, nilead said:

Works for me on SSE. Cant help further.

Small question, as I am also trying to get this mod working in SE without luck.

I am testing it by starting a new game, installing Apropos2 through the MCM and using the "Test W&T on Player" button in the MCM. But it does nothing. I have tried doing this on LE and there it works just fine.

If you do the same in your SkyrimSE (start new game, install Apropos2 and then click that button) does it work for you?

Perhaps it is just this button that is not working and I need to test it in an actual scenario?

Edited by leakim
9 minutes ago, leakim said:

Small question, as I am also trying to get this mod working in SE without luck.

I am testing it by starting a new game, installing Apropos2 through the MCM and using the "Test W&T on Player" button in the MCM. But it does nothing. I have tried doing this on LE and there it works just fine.

If you do the same in your SkyrimSE (start new game, install Apropos2 and then click that button) does it work for you?

Perhaps it is just this button that is not working and I need to test it in an actual scenario?

Had an issue getting it to start up. Using "clean system" to restart it solved it for me.

1 minute ago, nilead said:

Had an issue getting it to start up. Using "clean system" to restart it solved it for me.

Must admit that I also tried "clean system" once to see if that solved it. It did not. That was not in a completely fresh game, though (although still in the Alternative Start Cell).

But I just tried spawning a horse through HentaiCreatures, to see if it worked during a sexlab scene. And it did work.

So I feel like maybe it is just the MCM that is a bit whacky. It is after all the script for that, which has been modified.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:00 PM, hotrack said:

I don't use SLSO. Debug setting and output to console is default, so while I do read it from time to time for some other reasons, I've never specifically looked at it during unique orgasms. Will do next time.

As I said on control files, have validated them. And refreshed them (I generally do refresh them when making changes, after some experiences with unloaded descriptions).

There is something else I do notice. As I now use SexLab's default timers, Apropos are losing their {values} at times, unlike when I doubled the SL stage timers, but I'm guessing my load is script-heavy anyway, and Apropos couldn't keep up with the stage changes. I'll probably try tinkering with the other settings to see.

The tags getting lost is a known issue of papyrus stress.  It'll happen a lot for script-heavy runs.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, Eadoo said:

The tags getting lost is a known issue of papyrus stress.  It'll happen a lot for script-heavy runs.

Yeah, I generally notice Apropos loses these tag values at the orgasm stages generally, so I gather it's a form of stress and order priorities (scene ending all SL related stuff before Apropos gets the values it needs to complete).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know what causes it, but try deactivating, enter your save, wait for the MCM to update. Save the game & exit, move apropos to the bottom of your load order, re-activate. Load the save up again. Re-initialize all the MCM options you had. Could be just corrupt settings.

Edited by Szlordrin