• 2 weeks later...

I know you are not responsible for SkyrimSE's Apropos2. But i have a weird bug were the log says it applied the W&T layers, but it didn't. Have any idea of what could it be?

Oh, and would you make SkyrimSE version of Apropos2?

Edit:

@gooser Do Apropos2 have any incompatible mods? Because i tried it in both my original LE and SE and for some reason none of them get After Effects even with manually setting it to 9. The layers are only visible when I press TEST

Edited by EthernalNoob
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone please help me.
I'm on Skyrim VR and the mod compatibility page says Apropos 2 will work with it.
I tried multiple times to install the mod and change the String to UTF8 format. I used 2 different programs to convert them.
Every time I recode them, it crashes my game on start up.

When I don't recode them, the mod doesn't show messages. But when I use the widget test spell, it comes up with messages for a few minutes that are in Italian for some freaking reason.

Then I saw something about an Apropos SE version, but I can't find it and I don't know if I should use it even if I do, because the compatibility page says to use "Apropos 2."
Also, the MCM lists me as not having Jcontainers because I'm using the VR version and I don't know if that is a problem, or if I need to install the regular version along with the VR version, or if there is a patch for this.
Any direction you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Exact same issue

I found installing Apropos2 on a completely fresh character had it working correctly, but then it stopped working later on.

Everything system wise checks out, but the descriptions don't display at all

Toggling "Use Hotkey" for messages displays the following in the console

"apropos2periodicplayerdescriptions: Player pressed PlayerDescriptionsHotkey hotkey - active PC thread

I'm flabbergasted because Apropos2 used to work perfectly fine in SE with the updated system config file thrown in

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. It spits at me that there's no jcontainers installed. I assume the mod is just unable to detect jcontainers 3.3 and upwards.

However, investigations lead me to page 4, where people said there is a script to disable the containers check but however, there is none >.>

Someone there for advice about JContainers?

edit:
Nvm. For those stumbling upon with the same issue, here is the fix (3. Comment from Waverider1)

Edited by urabi
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello guys, I recently encountered a problem when trying out Apropos 2 in SE version. The message bar seems not addresssing the correct actor when it displayed. Normally if the mods working correctly, it looks like this:

ACTIVE's dick is in PASSIVE's hole.

While my Apropos 2 looks like this:

ACTIVE's Dick is in ACITVE's hole.

It only shows the PC's (male) name but not the partner's name.

This is really weird since I've never bump into a an issue like this? Is there any way to fix it?

As far as I know there isn't a code to address the secondary actor, it's on my wish list for things too... as I write custom dialogue for this & it makes threesome scenes a little limited. Correct me if I'm wrong btw.

My advice is to remove the second {ACTIVE} code in whatever line you're looking at & instead put a gender neutral pronoun in their so that it's universally accepted. You could go with any pronoun if your only in the habit of sexing one gender, but that's entirely up to you.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 2:47 AM, Szlordrin said:

As far as I know there isn't a code to address the secondary actor, it's on my wish list for things too... as I write custom dialogue for this & it makes threesome scenes a little limited. Correct me if I'm wrong btw.

My advice is to remove the second {ACTIVE} code in whatever line you're looking at & instead put a gender neutral pronoun in their so that it's universally accepted. You could go with any pronoun if your only in the habit of sexing one gender, but that's entirely up to you.  

Well, I figured this problem out after some tinkling.

The reason is that I've installed Sexlab Pplus and it seems that it changed how the animation's actor were called to present, thus the Apropos can't tell who is who anymore and leads to confusion.

I'm guess Apropos 2 and Sexlab Pplus are just not compatable.

Also I've found some users have reported similar problems under the Pplus' thread.

• 2 weeks later...

do any patches exist for this and alchemy rework mods, such as Apothecary/CACO? none of the health potions in my game are recognized by Apropos which is frustrating since everything else works fine, i love the mod otherwise

edit: i came across this comment by HexBolt8 and was able to have the mod register my potions by editing the mentioned file, thanks so much @HexBolt8!!

Edited by akockl2

I haven't been able to get the mascara effect to trigger even after fiddling with the settings. I can apply it directly through slavetats and the sob wear and tear effect works but the mascara one doesn't work at all. I don't want the sobs, just the mascara effect.

I am on Skyrim SE.

EDIT: I think I found the issue. You cannot have the mascara effect without enabling sobs too.

Edited by wareware
On 12/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, Earen said:

I made a patch which fixes an old bug with words/token cases. Like the one where some words are okay, some are UPPERCASE, and some are mixed.
Tested on SE.

Does this patch also fix the problem of missing words in the Apropos messages?

EDIT: I think the answer is Yes, this patch fixes the problem of missing words in Apropos messages.

Generally speaking, this patch is great and I really like it! ?Thanks! I no longer see any UPPERCASE message problems.

I tested this patch quite a bit, and did not see any missing words in Apropos messages. I still do see some missing words in the notification area in the upper left corner, but no missing words in the Apropos messages below, down along the left side of the screen.

I think this patch works quite well. I think I am seeing new Apropos messages and new replacement words in Apropos messages that I have not seen before. I know it is subjective, but I think this patch seems faster and more responsive (less lag) than normal Apropos messages.

Apropos messages have a feature in which a character or group is prefixed inside parentheses at the beginning of an Apropos message.

With the patch, that parenthesized character/group prefix is working well most of the time.

Spoiler

20231220111949_1.jpg.ded53c46dd66bc4ee521f29e65f844cd.jpg20231220112058_1.jpg.37c187baf96d782a42d5aa4967fa0bc3.jpg20231220112236_1.jpg.0e9b3669aadf404bde8461f1fb79e3d9.jpg20231220113215_1.jpg.52b793775095f9f25153d544dd2dcc06.jpg20231220111917_1.jpg.35ce682717ad6dcd446a38f95a6c82b2.jpg

But with the patch, sometimes I see the word {ACTIVE} in curly braces instead of a character or group in parentheses.

Maybe this is a problem with vanilla Apropos? Or maybe this is a problem with Apropos2 Text DB Update which I also use?

Spoiler

20231220110955_1.jpg.a34d3c3cc0f4d5d6af95f29698114b33.jpg20231220111035_1.jpg.664d6b90bcc7e48daa7bb49d630a5598.jpg20231220111817_1.jpg.6078df2173feb0b2f1b5982a70ab9351.jpg

Edited by Herowynne
On 12/20/2023 at 8:53 PM, Herowynne said:

Does this patch also fix the problem of missing words in the Apropos messages?

EDIT: I think the answer is Yes, this patch fixes the problem of missing words in Apropos messages.

Generally speaking, this patch is great and I really like it! ?Thanks! I no longer see any UPPERCASE message problems.

I tested this patch quite a bit, and did not see any missing words in Apropos messages. I still do see some missing words in the notification area in the upper left corner, but no missing words in the Apropos messages below, down along the left side of the screen.

I think this patch works quite well. I think I am seeing new Apropos messages and new replacement words in Apropos messages that I have not seen before. I know it is subjective, but I think this patch seems faster and more responsive (less lag) than normal Apropos messages.

Apropos messages have a feature in which a character or group is prefixed inside parentheses at the beginning of an Apropos message.

With the patch, that parenthesized character/group prefix is working well most of the time.

Reveal hidden contents

But with the patch, sometimes I see the word {ACTIVE} in curly braces instead of a character or group in parentheses.

Maybe this is a problem with vanilla Apropos? Or maybe this is a problem with Apropos2 Text DB Update which I also use?

Reveal hidden contents

TY for the feedback!

The reason why it appears be faster is probably

Spoiler

this:

While StringUtil.GetLength(source) > 0
        ;ToUserLog("source = " + source)
        Int sourceLength = StringUtil.GetLength(source)

Int indexTokenStart = StringUtil.Find(source, "{")
        Int indexTokenEnd = StringUtil.Find(source, "}")

;ToUserLog("0. indexTokenStart = " + indexTokenStart + ", indexTokenEnd = " + indexTokenEnd)

If indexTokenStart != -1 && indexTokenEnd != -1
            String tokenName = Substring(source, indexTokenStart, indexTokenEnd - indexTokenStart + 1);
            ;ToUserLog("1. tokenName = " + tokenName)
            ;ToUserLog("2. tokenIndex = " + tokenIndex)
            String beforeToken = Substring(source, 0, indexTokenStart);
            String afterToken = Substring(source, indexTokenEnd + 1, sourceLength - (indexTokenEnd + 1));
            ;ToUserLog("3. beforeToken = " + beforeToken)
            ;ToUserLog("4. afterToken = " + afterToken)
            If JMap.hasKey(tokenMapId, tokenName)
                String tokenValue = JMap.getStr(tokenMapId, tokenName)
                ;ToUserLog("Replacing '" + tokenName + "' with value '" + tokenValue + "'")
                If tokenValue == ""
                    result = result + TrimEnd(beforeToken)
                Else
                    result = result + beforeToken + tokenValue;
                EndIf
                ;ToUserLog("5. result = " + result)
            Else
                result = result + beforeToken
                ;ToUserLog("6. result = " + result)					
            EndIf                

source = afterToken;
        Else
            result = result + source;
            ;ToUserLog("7. result = " + result)
            source = "";
        EndIf

EndWhile

turned into:

for token, value in pairs(tokenDict) do
        if result:find(token) then
            result = result:gsub(token, value)
        end
    end

I also see the issue with {ACTIVE} {ACTIVE2} in a group scenes. IDK why this happens yet, but actor names were not passed into token map for some reason

Edited by Earen
11 hours ago, gooser said:

That lua is pretty awesome.

Yeah, thanks. One thing I liked about it, is that it's possible to disable Lua function cache (temporarily), and as a result I was able to write/modify/debug Lua scripts without having to re-lauch Skyrim several times

Edited by Earen
9 hours ago, Earen said:

Yeah, thanks. One thing I liked about it, is that it's possible to disable Lua function cache (temporarily), and as a result I was able to write/modify/debug Lua scripts without having to re-lauch Skyrim several times

Not having to recompile Papyrus is a win too I bet

• 3 weeks later...

It does not work nor show in my MCM, nor do it even work afaik. MCM kicker nor the console command helps, Menu Maid don't see it too.

Apropos 2 straight up crash my game

Skyrim SE last version plus last relevant SKSE.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:02 AM, J4nek said:

It does not work nor show in my MCM, nor do it even work afaik. MCM kicker nor the console command helps, Menu Maid don't see it too.

Apropos 2 straight up crash my game

Skyrim SE last version plus last relevant SKSE.

Are you running the SE ported version or this version

Hello - I've been happily running this mod for years in my SSE load order (thank you for your work @gooser :) ).

Just today I looked at the LE thread and saw the pictures of different stages of tears and sobs - I think I've only seen one or two of them in all of my time playing with Apropos 2. Can someone tell me the trigger conditions for each of the levels of tears/sobs and any settings that need to be set to make sure they show up.

Thank you!

On 1/14/2024 at 2:10 PM, J4nek said:

SE one, now i see it's trhead for LE but the question still stands.

My guess is that you're running an incompatible mod somewhere. Maybe something to do with the papyrus tweaks or Json tweaks updates that seem to be a dime a dozen, but I would try eliminating things from your load order sequentially. I like to do a 50/50 split, then if it's not working i switch to the other half of of the offending mods. Once I determine which half of my mods the offender is in. I disable half of those mods, and then so on and so forth until I narrow it down. It's not fun, but it's kinda troubleshooting 101.