I seem to have an issue with Apropos since installing p+ for SE,
The actors are swapped in Apropos messages, it uses my player characters name for npcs and npcs name for my player character. In NPC only sexual encounters it uses name of a random npc for both roles.
Has anyone encountered this before? I am on new game.

The issue gets temporarily resolved when i run animation patchups via apropos mcm, but it breaks soon after.

Edited by Attenater
  • 2 weeks later...

So after using this mod for a few hours tonight, all of the damage value on my weapons show as decreased on menus. Apparently this mod doesn't do anything to those values, and only affects stamina and health and whatnot, but here I am.

If I go back a few hours in save files, the issue doesn't exist, but after that everything is just screwed and I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I've checked all of the obvious stuff, no rockjoint, not equipping damage boosting gear, etc. No feasible solution to why a 32 damage weapon would suddenly just be a 25 damage weapon and so on.

Any ideas? Because I would hope it's not this mod, but I installed this and Simple Wear & Tear before almost immediately ran into the issue, so it's hard not to think there's a connection. SW&T only seems to cover visual effects, so I can't imagine that's the issue, but I just don't know. Incredibly frustrating issue because the only threads I can find about it are super old and basic where people generally are just oblivious to the effects of rockjoint and stuff.

EDIT: Ugh, I'm an idiot. Sexlab Adventures was doing it.

Edited by VulpineScream
  • 3 weeks later...

If I want to edit a database (WearAndTear_Consumables.txt for example), How I had to add something, by the name shown in game?If that's the case, if my game is in another language, do I have to translate the files for the mod to recognize the items?

i have a problem, if appropos fully heals the damage of your genitals, it stops tracking your character, making the sex scenes not damage my character's genitals. i have to use "test" function to retrack my character just to make it work again. is it intended to happen like that?

16 hours ago, Skylaaa said:

if appropos fully heals the damage of your genitals, it stops tracking your character, making the sex scenes not damage my character's genitals.

In my experience, although the player character is no longer listed under "Wear and Tear Actors" after completely healing, the next sex will cause damage and the character will be listed again.  It has always worked for me.  (I don't remember the internal mechanics for wear and tear, but it's possible that lesbian sex (without a strap-on) intentionally does not cause damage because there is no penetration, so there might be exceptions.)  Also, I believe the Test function is only supposed to be used for a quick test (reload your last save after testing, do not keep playing after using Test).

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:
7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

, but it's possible that lesbian sex (without a strap-on) intentionally does not cause damage because there is no penetration, so there might be exceptions.)

thanks for replying, i'll take a look and see if that's the problem

unrelated question, but do the scars and wounds caused by the wear and tear and slavetats go away with time?

i dont remember if it's mentioned in the description

Edited by Skylaaa
1 hour ago, Skylaaa said:

thanks for replying, i'll take a look and see if that's the problem

unrelated question, but do the scars and wounds caused by the wear and tear and slavetats go away with time?

i dont remember if it's mentioned in the description

They go away when you heal the damage, either over time, or with consumables.

Has anyone had an issue where instead of referring to the player by name, the apropos text grabs a seemingly random object in your inventory?  I've started scenes where it says, "Iron mace does such and such," because I happened to have an iron mace in my inventory.  It will then always refer to me as "iron mace."  Running patchups doesn't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, archerthegrey said:

I need  help with this mod i love it but theres a extremely lound whine/moan whe ever you have wear and tear damdge that i cant stand 

Just turn off the moans in the mod menu, honestly I would turn off all of the sounds, I usually only have npc breathing on if any.

On 6/11/2023 at 1:21 PM, Kaotik said:

It happens at least during aggressive animations, PC is F NPCs can be either

After spending probably way to much time on this... I think I've found the issue. Acting on Eadoo suspicions about the animations being mark wrong themselves I did some testing on my own setup, and shocker turns out this is the case and I should have taken there advice to begin with. 

when a scene runs in the console it is displaying a male npc as actor0 displaying them first... the second actor is always referenced as actor1 in my testing a female NPC. when apropos runs it is assigning actor0 as the active actor and actor1 as the secondary, from what I've worked out after looking at the animations this is a fault with them themselves, in my testing I was using factoryclose Babo pack. inside of the file or the animations are marked MF but in reality there loaded as Male first then Female, this incorrect ordering is what I believe the problem in apropos is being caused by as if it was the opposite way around the Female character would be loaded first and the effect of this would obviously make apropos able to assign description and W&T correctly if the npc function is enabled.

what this doesn't explain though is why when my female player character is in a scene regardless of who actor1 / 0 is W&T is being applied correctly, I believe this is caused by something in apropos always registering the player character for W&T during aggressive scenes thou.

Edited by Rosvinar
wasn't written correctly
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, Attenater said:

I seem to have an issue with Apropos since installing p+ for SE,
The actors are swapped in Apropos messages, it uses my player characters name for npcs and npcs name for my player character. In NPC only sexual encounters it uses name of a random npc for both roles.
Has anyone encountered this before? I am on new game.

The issue gets temporarily resolved when i run animation patchups via apropos mcm, but it breaks soon after.

Well I'm having the similar issue so far, it's seem to be caused by sexlab p+ instead of apropos itself, don't know if anyone has a hotfix of small tweak can resolve the problem.

10 hours ago, nightrazor122 said:

what consumables do you use as example and how much time?

There's a file in the <data>\Apropos\db" directory called "WearAndTear_Consumables.txt".  That'll list all your default consumables, but you can also add anything to the file you wish.  For instance, I added the following so that self made potions would work:

"Potion of Fortify Health":50,
    "Potion of Restore Health":50

After changing that file, in the MCM you need to go to the "Message Preferences" section, and click "Refresh from Database" for the changes to take effect.  Same with some other files if you make changes to those - the list is on the right hand side.

To answer the rest, consumables are instant.  There are some options under the "Wear and Tear Settings" section for changing random heals over time.  I think mine is still at default but I'm not sure, So for example: "Frequency of Wear Tear Degrade" is set to 12 hours.  And "Chance of WT heal" is set to 5%.  I take that to mean that every 12 hours there is a 5% chance that a heal could happen.  There is also a "Wear and Tear Degrade Factor" that I don't really understand, perhaps someone else knows more about it - I've just left that at 1.2.

Hope that answers your questions.

On some other topics for anyone around.  I've noticed Daedric wear and tear does not ever seem to degrade, so I've disabled the textures for it in the MCM.  Anyone else experiencing that or am I bugged somehow?  I'd like to get that working properly.

I've also been wondering if anyone has made any addons to the message system?  I've come to really like the system, though I wish there was voice options for it.  What I'd really like is to be able to enable the hotkey, while still having orgasm messages occur, so that if you press the hotkey any random time, you'll get random thoughts, complaints.  Perhaps a new file could be added and read if a heal event or sex scene isn't happening.  Be nice too if it could be made to take other mods into account, such as arousal, MME, FHU, etc so the PC could say things about those in addition to her WT state, etc.

Just something I've been pondering - I doubt I have enough skill to do it myself.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:56 AM, RFLillian said:

Well, it's not showing up for me. I have Apropos2 DB only - no incest, plus two others that tweak the data base. No option to edit anything, no dialogue shows up, etc. It's like I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what?

Are you on LE?  If so, you'd install:

1.  Apropos2

2.  Apropos2 DB Update

If you're on SE or AE, you'd install:

1.  Apropos2

2.  Apropos2 SE patch

3.  Apropos2 DB update

Did you do this for your selected version?

I've been trying to find a solution for this for a while but haven't had any luck yet. Apropos is outputting my PC as both the primary and active so I'm doing everything to myself. It's kind of jarring, has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? I've spent a few days googling and looking through the thread but without much luck. Using the SE version.