On 4/10/2023 at 10:25 PM, BigHunk said:

Quick question, what's the jsonvalidator.exe file?

A program to check if Json files are formated correctly, if you do any changes to json files at all always run stuff through some kind of json validator, I always just use the online one.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible for Apropos 2 to work with SL Seperate Orgasms?

At the moment, I believe the same source of orgasm DB is loaded no matter if is {Primary} or {Active} being the one initiating it.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, someguy64461 said:

So I have a flag that says I'm missing masters sexlab aroused. I cannot find that file anywhere. Can anyone help?

You just need one of the many variations of Aroused:

I think there's one from baka/factoryclose as well

They all contain tweaks and perf improvements and all provide the necessary master plugin (sexlabaroused.esm)

Hi, I love this mod and I'm enjoying using it. I've got a few questions. I don't know much of anything about modding, so apologies in advance if these are dumb.

1. Looking at the files in the db, there are .txt files that are labeled with for example "FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal_Stage_7". As far as I know, animations in Sexlab have five stages (four + orgasm). When do lines from .txt files labeled with 6 or 7 or even 8 trigger?

2. I see that there are .txt files written specifically for a certain animation set, like Female_Actor_leitomissionary. I assume these trigger when that specific animation is used in game. Would it be possible for me to write lines for specific animations and if so, how would I go about that?

Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to help.

Uhhh... So I've been using apropos 2 for aaaaaaages now, and today all I did was change the skin my character was using, and now suddenly apropos's synonyms aren't working at all... ?

Obviously the two things aren't related at all, but it was working before I did that and started a new game to refresh things, that is so weird and random...

Well... I'm at a loss, I've tried everything from restarting my computer to double checking things in and around apropos, nothing has been touched in relation to the mod, I'm so confused. ?

5 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Uhhh... So I've been using apropos 2 for aaaaaaages now, and today all I did was change the skin my character was using, and now suddenly apropos's synonyms aren't working at all... ?

Obviously the two things aren't related at all, but it was working before I did that and started a new game to refresh things, that is so weird and random...

Well... I'm at a loss, I've tried everything from restarting my computer to double checking things in and around apropos, nothing has been touched in relation to the mod, I'm so confused. ?

Hard to say for sure, but in my own game i've noticed that if my frame rate dips too much, too often, I'll get odd script problems.  Sometimes my caravans stop moving, sometimes some random mod will just stop working.  Thunderchild is my worst offender - I can never meditate - just doesn't work after awhile.

Perhaps your new skin is slowing down your fps and causing issues - just a guess.  If you're using a 4k skin and your fps is low, try a 2k skin and see how it is. Especially if you're using that 4k version for all NPCs plus the PC.

Some things you can try: 1) simply go into the Apropos2 MCM, click "Message Preferences" on the left and select "Refresh From Database".  That should reset your synonyms.

2) if the above doesn't work, try cleaning your system & jcontainers in the "Rebuild & Clean" submenu, then disable the mod in the MCM, save, exit, reload and reenable the mod in the MCM and check your synonyms again.   It is probably a good idea to export your settings in that same menu before cleaning and disabling, and then reimport them after reenabling the mod.

3) If THAT doesn't work, disable the mod as above in the MCM (and clean system & jcontainers) after exporting your settings. Make a save and exit. Disable the mods ESP in your load order.  Load the game, say ok when skyrim tells you the mod is missing, make a save.  Use FallrimTools "resaver" executable to clean that last save of undefined elements & unattached instances - and save the cleaned save(it should make a backup).  Load the cleaned save up in skyrim, make a new save again, and exit the game.  Then reenable the mod in your load order, load the game, wait for the "1 MCM menu loaded" notification, and enter the MCM and import the settings you saved.  That SHOULD make it like a new install and everything should work again.

During any of those processes (except #1) you're going to lose your current wear & tear for PC and NPCS.

Hope some of that is helpful.

Edited by km4387
On 6/6/2023 at 1:42 AM, thewickedwitchts4 said:

Hi, I love this mod and I'm enjoying using it. I've got a few questions. I don't know much of anything about modding, so apologies in advance if these are dumb.

1. Looking at the files in the db, there are .txt files that are labeled with for example "FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal_Stage_7". As far as I know, animations in Sexlab have five stages (four + orgasm). When do lines from .txt files labeled with 6 or 7 or even 8 trigger?

2. I see that there are .txt files written specifically for a certain animation set, like Female_Actor_leitomissionary. I assume these trigger when that specific animation is used in game. Would it be possible for me to write lines for specific animations and if so, how would I go about that?

Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to help.

Not dumb, it seems you're already familiarizing yourself with the DB, so you're on the right track.  For #2, there's a file in the base DB directory called UniqueAnimations.txt.  You'll need to add a line to that file with the name of each animation you want to add.  Then you'll need to make subdirectory off the base DB, just like "Female_Actor_leitomissionary", except change the name to match the name you added to UniqueAnimations.txt.  Such as "Female_Actor_NibblesMissionary" (just an example from memory, may not be exact).  In that subdirectory, you'll need to create files for conditions and stages, just like what you see in "Female_Actor_leitomissionary" with whatever text you like in the correct format.

Don't forget to go into the Apropos2 MCM, click "Message Preferences" on the left and select "Refresh From Database" as I mentioned to AnonAngelion after editing files in the base DB directory.

For #1, most packs have 4-5 stages, but I have a few that have even up to 12 stages.  So that will depend on the animations you have installed.

9 hours ago, km4387 said:

For #1, most packs have 4-5 stages, but I have a few that have even up to 12 stages.  So that will depend on the animations you have installed.

There's a Draugr Gangbang one that has 22 stages.  Some of the recent animators are getting pretty nuts.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:16 AM, Kaotik said:

So I got Apropos 2 working on my Skyrim AE, no issues there, but it seems to be confused a bit.

It seems to treat my char (Mina) as the NPC doing stuff to PC, not the other way around. Any ideas what's going on?

It's probably Lesbian animations, which frequently have position identification issues.

On 5/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, chiek said:

Is it possible for Apropos 2 to work with SL Seperate Orgasms?

At the moment, I believe the same source of orgasm DB is loaded no matter if is {Primary} or {Active} being the one initiating it.

thanks

Possible - yes.

Implemented - no.

So the answer to your question is really "no".

15 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Possible - yes.

Implemented - no.

So the answer to your question is really "no".

I have it working on AE 1.6.640 with the SLSO patch found earlier in this thread and an SE conversion I found somewhere (I'll link later, can't recall where I got either of em. It was hit or miss until I found those and got my load order set up right (asset load order with MO2). So it is possible to make it work.  Advice I've followed says to set messages to timed rather than hotkey.

My asset load order:

Apropos2 SE

Apropos 2 SLSO Patch V2 (I believe this reverts the above's ESP to oldrim, but seems to be working)

Apropo2 DB Update 0.6.21

Apropos2 sometimes gets confused as to WHO is having an orgasm, but it's functional.  My MCM used to not register changes such as go back stage, but since I changed to the SE I found, it's all good.

Edit: The most recent version of DB Update is 0.6.22, I know, but I wanted to make changes and keep them, I'll update eventually.  Point being for those that want to make it work - 0.6.22 should be fine - those are only text updates and don't effect the ESP or scripts of the original mod.

I THINK this is the SE version I'm using.

This is the SLSO Patch I'm using

Edit: It's weekend, I had WAY too many - i fucking earned it this week - and I'm not done. I hope ya'll can make sense of this shit and get ur SLSO Apropos2 working.

Edited by km4387
On 6/9/2023 at 8:08 PM, km4387 said:

Hard to say for sure, but in my own game i've noticed that if my frame rate dips too much, too often, I'll get odd script problems.  Sometimes my caravans stop moving, sometimes some random mod will just stop working.  Thunderchild is my worst offender - I can never meditate - just doesn't work after awhile.

Perhaps your new skin is slowing down your fps and causing issues - just a guess.  If you're using a 4k skin and your fps is low, try a 2k skin and see how it is. Especially if you're using that 4k version for all NPCs plus the PC.

Some things you can try: 1) simply go into the Apropos2 MCM, click "Message Preferences" on the left and select "Refresh From Database".  That should reset your synonyms.

2) if the above doesn't work, try cleaning your system & jcontainers in the "Rebuild & Clean" submenu, then disable the mod in the MCM, save, exit, reload and reenable the mod in the MCM and check your synonyms again.   It is probably a good idea to export your settings in that same menu before cleaning and disabling, and then reimport them after reenabling the mod.

3) If THAT doesn't work, disable the mod as above in the MCM (and clean system & jcontainers) after exporting your settings. Make a save and exit. Disable the mods ESP in your load order.  Load the game, say ok when skyrim tells you the mod is missing, make a save.  Use FallrimTools "resaver" executable to clean that last save of undefined elements & unattached instances - and save the cleaned save(it should make a backup).  Load the cleaned save up in skyrim, make a new save again, and exit the game.  Then reenable the mod in your load order, load the game, wait for the "1 MCM menu loaded" notification, and enter the MCM and import the settings you saved.  That SHOULD make it like a new install and everything should work again.

During any of those processes (except #1) you're going to lose your current wear & tear for PC and NPCS.

Hope some of that is helpful.

Thank you for the tips, I did everything to clean the mod from the MCM, cleaning Jcontainers and such.

I've been having a different bug for a long time regarding the YoungNord race in Enhanced Character Edit, every time I loaded a save as a YoungNord, my character's body would be completely black, but the face would be normal.

There have been times when I had it working fine in the past, which suggested to me that it was a memory issue caused by my load order.

So basically I put ECE below my skin mods in case those mods were messing with something from ECE, my default skin is "Bijin skin", and I had pasted the textures from that into ECE's YoungNord section prior, this was having the issues above with black body, so (Not really knowing which skin was more hardware intensive), I tried downloading and pasting Leyenda skin onto YoungNord, cos I think it was an older skin that worked well in the past, which seemed to fix the black body bug, BUT... that's when apropos started playing up.

I'll need to play more to know if I've fixed it yet or not, if it persists I'll try those things you mentioned, thank you. :)

5 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Thank you for the tips, I did everything to clean the mod from the MCM, cleaning Jcontainers and such.

I've been having a different bug for a long time regarding the YoungNord race in Enhanced Character Edit, every time I loaded a save as a YoungNord, my character's body would be completely black, but the face would be normal.

There have been times when I had it working fine in the past, which suggested to me that it was a memory issue caused by my load order.

So basically I put ECE below my skin mods in case those mods were messing with something from ECE, my default skin is "Bijin skin", and I had pasted the textures from that into ECE's YoungNord section prior, this was having the issues above with black body, so (Not really knowing which skin was more hardware intensive), I tried downloading and pasting Leyenda skin onto YoungNord, cos I think it was an older skin that worked well in the past, which seemed to fix the black body bug, BUT... that's when apropos started playing up.

I'll need to play more to know if I've fixed it yet or not, if it persists I'll try those things you mentioned, thank you. :)

No problem, I like to help if I can - but I'm not always right and I'm getting old lol.  I don't use ECE (I use racemenu), though I've tried it in the past.  I get what you're saying about pasting in the textures for the included race.  What strikes me is changing the load order.  On its face it's probably not a big deal, but I would like to suggest - if the problem persists - to try a new game with that new load order and see if you get the same results.  Sometimes Skyrim gets confused if you change load order, other - most even - times it's just fine.  YMMV

Shout if I can be further assistance - I'm sure there are many others in this thread that can give great advice also.

Edited by km4387
9 hours ago, km4387 said:

No problem, I like to help if I can - but I'm not always right and I'm getting old lol.  I don't use ECE (I use racemenu), though I've tried it in the past.  I get what you're saying about pasting in the textures for the included race.  What strikes me is changing the load order.  On its face it's probably not a big deal, but I would like to suggest - if the problem persists - to try a new game with that new load order and see if you get the same results.  Sometimes Skyrim gets confused if you change load order, other - most even - times it's just fine.  YMMV

Shout if I can be further assistance - I'm sure there are many others in this thread that can give great advice also.

No worries, and thank you for your advice.

I've managed to get Apropos to work again now, I did the disabling, cleaning, saving and reloading thing that you mentioned and that worked.

I like trying new mods a lot so my load order can get a bit messy and disorganized at times, now and again things need to be re-grouped into more sensible positions so I can keep track of it properly haha.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:56 PM, km4387 said:

Not dumb, it seems you're already familiarizing yourself with the DB, so you're on the right track.  For #2, there's a file in the base DB directory called UniqueAnimations.txt.  You'll need to add a line to that file with the name of each animation you want to add.  Then you'll need to make subdirectory off the base DB, just like "Female_Actor_leitomissionary", except change the name to match the name you added to UniqueAnimations.txt.  Such as "Female_Actor_NibblesMissionary" (just an example from memory, may not be exact).  In that subdirectory, you'll need to create files for conditions and stages, just like what you see in "Female_Actor_leitomissionary" with whatever text you like in the correct format.

Don't forget to go into the Apropos2 MCM, click "Message Preferences" on the left and select "Refresh From Database" as I mentioned to AnonAngelion after editing files in the base DB directory.

Thank you very much for the explanation! I'm going to have to try this when I've got some free time next and aren't too busy actually playing the game, hah.

13 hours ago, thewickedwitchts4 said:

Thank you very much for the explanation! I'm going to have to try this when I've got some free time next and aren't too busy actually playing the game, hah.

No worries, sometimes I just want to play instead of mess with mods as well.  It occurred to me this morning that my examples may be in error, and they are.  You likely would have noticed, but just in case what I wrote: "Female_Actor_NibblesMissionary" - should have been "FemaleActor_NibblesMissionary".